three

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 3

 

Luhan sat on the rattan chair at the balcony of his room viewing the view outside with his phone in his grasp. He was so tempted on calling Yoona just to hear her voice if he couldn't see her pretty face but he always has to stop himself from doing so.

Quiet moments like this are the cause of his long for Yoona. He didn't know if the reason why he missed Yoona is just because he miss her or it has something to do with a particular young woman inside.

Suddenly images of Seohyun's sleeping form interrupted Luhan. He woke up earlier than her so that gives him advantages on slightly staring at her face. She looked so peaceful and angelic. He wondered if she's an angel came from heaven because the way she was before were so pure. Just by sleeping, she looked so pure.

He still remembered how his hand unconsciously moves to tuck her hair and how he immediately pulled back before he could even do it. He too chuckled when he saw a pillow tucked in the middle, he guessed that Seohyun were the one who put it as a sort of barrier between them. And for the nth time, he kept thinking about her and her face.

A ring awake Luhan from his uninvited thoughts, he saw the caller's name and quickly answered.

"Luhan!"

"Yoona..." He said none too brightly compared to his wife.

"Do you remember what day is today?"

"Ermm... it's 28th of June. Why?"

"I know that! But you do remember what this day is right?" When Yoona didn't hear any responds, she gasped on the other side of the line.

"Don't tell me you forgot? How could you?!"

"Wooo... Hold your horses, dear. Why the sudden outburst? I totally didn't know what you're talking about." Luhan is confused right now. His wife suddenly called him and asked about today? What so special about it? Honestly he couldn't think of any at all.

"Luhan.. you pabo! Today is 28th of June. And that means today is Seohyun's birthday! How could you forget that!" She groaned. Luhan gasped in realization. Seohyun's birthday? His eyes instantly strayed inside, searching for Seohyun and knocked his head simultaneously.

Yes. Yoona's right. How could HE forget the day? He knew that he rarely gives her gifts but he has never forgotten to wish 'happy birthday' to her at least.

"...han? Are you still there? Luhan?" Yoona's voice called him back to reality.

"Yes... I'm still here."

"Great. Thank goodness that I have thought about everything. I need you to listen to me, Luhan. You better be wishing her happy birthday and celebrate it today with a cake since I'm not there. Lastly, go check in your bag, there's a white box underneath your clothes. Don't open it! Just give it to her saying that it is a present from me. And after that, you better be walk away. I don't want you to know what's inside. Do you get me, Luhan?"

"Yes, Yoona." He said lamely.

"I got it. Say happy birthday to her, look for a white box in my bag and give it to her and I wasn't allowed to know what's the gift. Okay?"

"Great. Thank you! Love you! And don't forget our plan!!"

"Love you too." With that, the call were ended by Yoona as Luhan stared at the view and thinking on what should he do next? He sighed heavily.

 

———————————————————————————

 

 

Seohyun smiled foolishly while staring at her phone reading all the messages her workers sent to her. They send her messages of Happy Birthday and they were sad that she wasn't there in her store so they couldn't celebrates it with her like they used to. But still, she is still grateful that her workers considered her as their friend but still respect her as their boss.

Basically the people, the flowers and the store are her family because she spends most of her time there. That's why when she first revealed that she might take a week off, they were shocked at first, then, they were delighted that finally their boss is taking a holiday since she has never done that since the shop first started.

But of course they didn't know and never will know the real purpose she's here and with Luhan too. They thought that she would be alone for resting because lately she has been so thin and they were worried of her, so they promised to take care the store in her absence and without a doubt she believe them. It's just that she doesn't want them to know that she has to take this route just for a baby. She's afraid of their reactions.

"Seohyun?" Luhan called her. She didn't realized that she has drifted away and was startled to see Luhan, her brother in-law standing near her. And with a cake at that too.

"Ermmm.... H-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Luhan said a bit awkwardly while holding out the cake he bought after a call from Yoona. There was a gasp that he heard coming from Seohyun and he could see Seohyun's eyes were wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter