Ten

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 10

 

"Seohyun?"

A voice called her name as she turned towards to her store. "Minho? What are you doing here?" Her feet stopped after seeing Minho's familiar face. A frown started to show on her face. Did he see who sent her here? He didn't, did he?

"I was just passed by the area and I thought of you." He grinned.

"Ahhh.... How rude am I? Come in to my humble store." She invited Minho to her store. She walked first, opened the door and entered first as she knew Minho would be just right behind her. "I'm back!" She said, a tone a bit higher just to let her workers know that she's back from the hospital.

"Welcome back, unnie." Minnie was the one who greeted her first as she was the nearest to her. The minute Minnie welcomed her, her eyes started to widen, making Seohyun confused. She saw Minnie's eyes were transfixed at a figure behind her back.

"Are you okay?" Seohyun touched Minnie's arm.

"Y-Yes. I was j-just....." Minnie was stuttering but her eyes still on Minho. She took a few steps forward until she reached just a step away from Minho. "Oh my god. Are you an angel? 'Cause you looked so damn fine!" Claimed her, vigorously.

Minnie's words took Minho and Seohyun on surprise before Seohyun let a soft laugh causing Minho to look at her. He too wanted to laugh but opted for a grin. Looks like Minho's charming charisma is still working, Seohyun thought with a smirk.

"Sorry. I am a 100% human, sweetheart." He said cheesily as Minnie's beginning to blush. She mumbled a sorry to him before she fled away quickly with a still red face.

"That was funny. It's the first time I saw her tounge-tied after meeting a guy." Seohyun stated as she put her sling bag away and gestured for him to sit on a rattan chair as she too sat in front of him.

"What can I do? I'm a handsome guy after all!" Claimed Minho, making Seohyun snorted.

"Yeah right. A big flirty-player." She retorted back.

"I'm not, okay? How you could say that? Now.. I'm hurt." He cupped his chest where his heart is and make a fake hurt expression.

"Whatever... Anyway, why do you came here for? We've met just last night though. And don't tell me about how you thought of me, etc...etc..."

Minho laughed. "Looks like I'm busted ain't I?" He continued after his laugh subsided, "Truthfully, I really wanted to see you and I really think to contact you first. Then, I realized that, 'oh man! I forgot to ask her number.' So, I just came here without warning, just to see you. But you were out when I came and I have to wait for you until you're back, so... here I am. With you." Explained Minho lengthily.

"Ohhh.... I thought you wanted to come here to buy some flowers."

"For whom would I buy for?"

"Your girlfriend, of course!" Seohyun grinned. "Or is it, girlfriends.......?" She teased Minho as he laughed as a response.

"Nahhh... I am still single and available! Unless you want to be my special someone?" Minho raised one of his eyebrows with a teasing smile still intact.

Seohyun snorted out loud. "Thank you... but no!" She shook her head amusingly.

"I'm not trying to be nosy but where have you been earlier? I thought I saw Luhan in the car. That is his car, right?" Minho stared at her, confused and waiting for her answer.

"Yeah. It's his car. He dropped me off wh-wh-..." Seohyun fidgeted. Should she told the truth about her being a mother? Or not? "Ermmm... I was at... at..."

"Noona!" A voice interrupted, what ever she wanted to say was cut off. Seohyun partially turned and saw Jong In worried look. "You're back! How's the ultrascan? Is the baby okay?" Jong In dropped the bomb making Seohyun startled. This is not the way she wanted Minho to find out.

"B-Baby? Ultrascan?"

She heard Minho's voice and immediately turned to him, noting that he was startled if his widen eyes were any indication enough. If she was hoping that he wouldn't heard it, then she was totally wrong. "It's not..."

"Who is this?" She tilted her head towards Jong In. She could see his curiosity piqued in his eyes.

Seohyun let out a subtle sigh, not wanting both of them know her being uncomfortable. "This is Minho. My old friend in high school." She then introuduced Jong In to Minho. "Minho, this is Jong In. My worker and a brother to me." She smiled softly at the end.

They shook hands, muttered some 'hi' and 'hellos' before they turned back into an awkward silence. Not letting them get stucked in it, she says, "Jong In ah... You could resumed back to your work. I"ve got a company for now. And I will talk to you later, okay?"

Jong In must have noticed the hidden meaning of the 'talk' she meant and her begging on not furthering the earlier topic in her eyes as he nodded, not long before his eyes interlocked with her. He definitely means that he wanted to know a full detail later. Whether it's about her appointment with the doctor or about her avoiding to talk about it in front if Minho, she didn't know. Maybe it was both.

But the problem for now wasn't Jong In. It was the person in front of her right now. Seohyun looked at him and saw his frown as he was definitely troubled. He was in no doubt has a lot of questions in his head.

How should she sort this problem? Should she tell him that she's pregnant? What more could she do? Lie to him? If she will be friends with in the future or even just in a few months, he would definitely going to see her bump and would automatically know she's pregnant. Isn't it better to tell him now instead of later where she was caught of being pregnant and lied to him when he was asking about it now?

Seohyun drew a deep sigh after making her decision. "I... not know how I'm supposed to informed you this. Actually, I didn't want to, but you're my friend and if we're going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter