One

Substitute
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUBSTITUTE 1

 

 

"I couldn't believe this! All the time and effort has come to this!" Yoona let out her frustrations as soon as she walked into her house with her husband and her sister in tow.

"Yoona... It just wasn't meant to be." Luhan tried to comfort his wife as he definitely know her anger. When Yoona's mad, she could go berserk.

Luhan took a glance at his sister-in-law, Seohyun who were still silent since before. She sit quietly and playing with her fingers and seemed to be in her own world. Compared to Yoona who is the more cheerful and openly, vocal about her feelings, Seohyun is the complete opposite. She always seems subdued to her feelings. She rarely show her emotions and she was always silent unless she needed to speak.

"But I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WE COULD! Times have been spent for such a long time but the efforts are still futile. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS WRONG?!" Yoona continued. "We have followed every instructions and you and Seohyun has been on a tight regime in order for the procedure to be work. He said that there's a high chance that this time it will work! But look at now?! Still FRUITLESS!"

Since the moment when the doctor said that there will be no baby, Yoona appeared calm but deep down Luhan knew she was seethed with anger. That's why he literally dragged her to the car quickly before she explodes. Before the news was told, Yoona has been glowing with excitement as the doctor have said that the probability that Seohyun will be pregnant will be higher. And yet, excitement turned to frustrations and anger. "Nothing is wrong, Yoona. Maybe this time it was a sign that we should have stop doing this. You could have stop from this and we could go back to the way we are before."

"NO!" Yoona yelled. Her face is red with anger and the way she stared at Luhan, dangerous. "YOU KNOW THAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG, LUHAN! I COULDN'T LET THIS GO UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT!"

"But all of it has gone futile. It's already been months since we first started it. I'm tired and I think Seohyun too." Luhan glanced at Seohyun briefly, noting that eventhough he mentioned her, she didn't even looked up. Yes, she might have not saying it as she was always been quiet but the strains shown on her face each day. That's how he knew she's at the verge of tiredness. Weird, that Yoona couldn't see it or she just chose to not see it.

"I. CAN'T. GET. PREGNANT. LUHAN! I WILL NEVER GET PREGNANT!" She suddenly shout making Luhan gasped in shock. Eventhough he knew but it still hurt him everytime she keeps saying that. "I'M GOING TO DIE SOON. I'm going to die."

This time Yoona teared up and Seohyun gasped. At last a reaction from her. "I don't have much time left. All I want is to have a child. I don't know why I'm not the one who'll carry your child. I don't know why I'm the one has to have this illness. All I want is a baby. I love you that much."

Immediately Luhan stood up and hugged her as to comfort her while Seohyun averted her gaze, suddenly interested at the plain wall. "Shhh....I love you too." Luhan patted her back. "We could make an adoption and you'll get an instant baby that we could take care of. Given him or her a love that is equivalent to the love that we could give to our own child." Luhan reasoned with her. Hoping that Yoona would finally understand and give up and just chose for adoption.

"I WANT YOUR CHILD, LUHAN. ONLY YOURS! Not others." Yoona really feel frustrated over Luhan. They have been going through this all this time with only one goal, Luhan's child. And now, he could say an adoption? Absolutely no. She will have Luhan's baby no matter what even if she's dying.

"I want to see YOUR baby. I want to hold YOUR baby." Yoona stared ahead towards Luhan. "I want YOUR baby to take care of. YOUR baby to shower my love with, YOUR baby to spend the rest of my time with. I just want yours." She whimpered.

"Unnie.... I'm sorry. This is all my fault. Maybe I wasn't fertile anymore so that's why I couldn't get pregnant. I know how much you want a baby. All of this is all my fault. You know how much I love you. And I promise you to do everything that I could to fulfill your heart's desire." Seohyun finally speak up. It break her heart when she heard Yoona said that she was going to die. She didn't want it to happen. She never did. She loves her sister so much that she took the decision to be a mother for Luhan's child even if it pained her to decide. She did all that just for her sister.

"NO! It wasn't your fault! It was never anyone's fault. Things just wasn't meant to be. That's just it." Luhan could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter