Chapter 2

My Bittersweet Ending.

A few days had passed since Joohyun met Jongin. The two have been talking non-stop and had gotten closer.
He was her first friend and she felt like she finally had something to live for. Someone to live for and.. Although they just met and she knew it was stupid, she was happy. Happy that she now had someone she could talk to. The only problem was.. He still didn't know about her illness. He didn't know that she was going to die.

She had invited Jongin over for dinner at her house and he was to arrive anytime soon. With a smile on her face, Joohyun changed into a pair of shorts and a baggy shirt and a pair of fluffy socks. Her hair was tied at the top of her head into a messy bun, clips holding it in place so strands of her hair wouldnt fall out. This was the first time Jongin would be in her home. The first time anyone would be in her home. 
She was nervous yet.. excited.

She walked into the kitchen, feeling happier than ever as she began to cook. 
As the food cooked, Joohyun set the table for two, a smile on her lips. She filled the glasses with orange juice and went back to the kitchen to continue cooking and once she was done, she set the food into little bowls before taking them one by one and carrying them to the table, setting them down neatly. 
She sighed in content as she looked at the food. The foods scent filling her nose. 
She was satisfied. 

She sat in her chair, waiting for the sound of someone knocking on her door. 
She rested her chin on the palm of her hand and smiled to herself.

Thank you, Jongin.. She thought to herself. Thank you for giving me a reason to stay here longer..

As she waited, seconds turned into minutes. Five minutes turned into ten.
Had she gotten the day wrong? Had he forgotton? Had she just.. Made him up in her head? 
Had she made him up just so she wouldn't be alone on her final days?

After a few more minutes of waiting, Joohyun suddenly felt hot. Too hot but she ignored it. She also ignored the sick feeling forming in her. She realised that these feelings were always there but she had somehow managed to ignore them. She managed to ignore them and she was going to manage it again.

Be strong.. She told herself, closing her eyes.

She had enough of what she was feeling. She got up and walked to the bathroom to clean herself up a bit more, trying to make herself look less pale. Less sick. She pulled her hair down, covering some of her face before she made her way back to the chair and sat down but.. when she did..

she suddenly started to cough. She brought her hands to as she coughed and suddenly all she could taste was blood.
When she looked into her hand, all she could see was blood. Tears started to fall from her eyes yet again before she began to laugh. 
She wasn't laughing because it was funny. She was laughing because she was scared. She didn't want to cry.

Soon the laughing turned into crying again. She stood up and looked at the food for few moments. Jongin still hadn't arrived and to be honest, she had forgotton all about him. There was blood on the floor.. On her chin and lips and hand. She slowly walked towards the food, picking it up two plates and violently throwing them onto the ground. She let out a scream in fustration and turned back to the table, roughly pushing all of the food off of the table, pushing everything off, creating a mess.

She fell back onto the floor, crying harder than ever. Her sobs loud for everyone who was near her house to hear. She sobbed into as she coughed some more, more blood coming out.

--

After a awhile, there was a knock on the door but there was no response. 
Jongin stood outside her door. He had gotten lost on the way there but he was there now and he hoped that she wasn't angry. 
He waited for awhile but there was still no reply. He was about to walk away when he looked through the window. He saw the mess Joohyun had caused but.. she was no where in sight. Worry took over him and he tried to find a way into her house.

"Joohyun?!" Jongin called out, looking for his new friend, he was scared that something horrible had happened to her. Was she robbed? Was she in danger? 
He searched her house but he had no luck on finding her. 
He slowly went to open the bathroom door but.. It was locked. He knew that Joohyun was inside so, he knocked.

"Joohyun..? It's me.. Jongin.." he said softly. 

"Go away.."

"I'm sorry I was--wait.. What happened here..? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" 

"I'm fine.. Jus--" She was cut off by another round of coughing. 

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and decided to go into the bathroom. He busted the door open but it did take him a few tries. 

 

--

 

Am I doing the cliffhanger thing right--? HAHAHA okay--