Act Your Age

Where's My Birthday Present?

When we got to the place we were instantly hit by the sounds of video games, cutesy music, and loud children. Suddenly Mir was jumping up and down clinging to my arm and yelling into my ear:

“Hyung hyung look over there! There’s video games and tunnels we can crawl through and karaoke and prizes to win and lots of fun stuff!!”

“Mir calm down, you’re not a little kid.”

“But it looks so fun!”

“You should act your age.”

“Well you should try and have some fun.”

He stuck out his tongue at me, then clung even tighter to my arm and snuggled his head against it. We walked to the register to pay for game tokens. The cashier gave us a weird look but handed us our tokens anyway.

“What should we play first Mir?”

“I wanna go in the tunnels~!”

Before I could say anything, Mir ran off towards the tunnels. Some were see through so I could see him crawling through them. It was a pretty funny sight. Mir could be so childish sometimes, but then again, that made him really good with kids. He chased the other kids around in the tunnels and made them laugh, also he made sure none of the shyer kids were left out. After a while he came down a twisty slide and landed in a big pool of plastic balls.

“Did you have fun?”

“Yeah!” He yelled as he climbed out of the ball pool. “Let’s play video games now!”

That’s more like my style. We must have played every game there at least once. Mir was so full of energy, running around to every game like it was the last game he’d ever play. He was so happy and cute, he made me feel like a little kid again. Soon I was speaking with just as much energy.

“Hyung let’s play that game!”

“No let’s play that one! Ah, there’s so many~!”

When we were out of tokens and full of tickets we walked to the prize desk. After hours of playing, the most we could afford was a big teddy bear, which could probably be bought for much cheaper at any store, but Mir was happy. He looked like they had just given him a million dollars. We sat down at the tables and ordered some pizza. I also told them it was Mir’s birthday so they brought us a little white cake with a candle on top. I said they didn’t have to sing, but as soon as Mir saw the cake, he demanded that everyone (including all the staff) sing the happy birthday song to him.

“Mir, why did you make them all sing? It’s so embarrassing.”

“But it’s my late birthday, I want people to sing for me.” He said as he shoved half the slice of pizza into his mouth.

“You eat so much, it’s amazing that you can still be so thin.”

Mir just smiled and continued to eat. When the pizza was done, I cut each of us a slice of cake. Mir is a very messy eater, and got frosting all over his face. He tried to wipe it off but missed some.

“There’s still frosting on your cheek.”

He wiped the wrong cheek.

“Not there.” I said, leaning forward. “Here” I the frosting off of Mir’s face. He blushed, then pouted at me.

“Hyung, don’t do that! You’re going to wipe off my BB cream!”

I laughed.

“Come on Mir, I think it’s time for us to go. We have some shopping to do.”

Mir took his teddy bear and left with me.