Bonus Chapter

Where's My Birthday Present?

If you read the beginning about the peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes and thought “Wow that sounds great!” or “Wow, that sounds weird…” you might like to know that those pancakes actually exist! I will include the recipe for all you adventurous cooks out there, or maybe just someone who wants to bring a bit of the JoonMir goodness into their house!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pancakes

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ¾ cup milk
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips– or more depending on the amount of chocolatiness you would like….
  • 2 Tbsp oil
  • 4 Tbsp butter

Preheat a griddle or pan. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly mix in egg, milk, peanut butter, chocolate chips and oil until combined. Add a little extra milk if batter feels too thick. Let mixture sit 5 minutes. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter on griddle and move around to coat entire griddle. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake on griddle to form 5-inch pancakes. The batter spreads as it cooks. Fill griddle without crowding pancakes. Flip when air pockets start to pop on the top and a quick peak on the underside reveals a golden pancake. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.