The Shop

Where's My Birthday Present?

This is where you buy your underwear?! But it’s for girls!”

Mir gave me yet another pouty face.

“It’s not just for girls, hyung.”

I looked at the store. It was pink, in the windows all I could see were frilly girly and bras, and only women were walking into this store.

“Mir, I can’t go in here, it’s too embarrassing.”

Mir looked up at me with big puppy eyes.

“But it’s my birthday.”

“Grr…fine. Let’s just hurry up and get this over with.”

I held the box of chocolates in front of my face and shut my eyes. I didn’t want to 1) see the frilly things in the store or 2) let other people see my blushing face. If people saw me there, all the headlines would say “Joon from MBLAQ wears girl’s ” or something like that. Since I couldn’t see where I was going, Mir took my hand and led me into the store.

“Don’t worry, the boy’s underwear is in the back of the store.”

That makes it a little better right? At least he’s not running around wearing .

“Okay we’re here now so open your eyes.”

I reluctantly moved the box away from my face and opened my eyes. Mir was right, there was one very small section of the store with boy’s underwear.

“Haha look hyung, they have MBLAQ underwear now!”

Mir held up a pair of boxers with cartoon pictures of the MBLAQ member’s faces on it.

“What? I knew they had socks, but underwear?? I feel really weird knowing that my face might be on some guy’s . That’s so gross.”

We both laughed, then Mir continued to look through the shelves. He picked up a pair of Pokémon boxers.

“I usually get cute cartooney ones like these, but since it’s my adult birthday present I should get more adult type ones…” Mir put them back and then turned towards me. “What kind of underwear does hyung wear?”

Suddenly I felt really awkward, even more than when I was walking into this store.

“Umm well just normal ones.” I said, picking up a package of dark blue boxer-briefs. “Like these.”

He took them out of my hands.

“Ooh, these are so manly! I want to get the same kind as you! Hmm…well not exactly the same. If I did that then they might get mixed up in the laundry.” He giggled.

Mir found some light blue ones and bought a whole package of them. I held them for him since he was already holding the other gifts, and we walked to the register to buy them. The cashier was a young girl who looked very bored but instantly brightened up when she saw us.

“Aww how cute, you’re buying matching underwear. Such a cute couple!”

“We’re not a couple!” I yelled.

She eyed the flowers, candy, and teddy bear and gave us a suspicious look, but didn’t say anything more. I paid for the underwear as quickly as possible and practically ran out of the store. At least we’re almost done with Mir’s birthday list.