Flowers and Candy

Where's My Birthday Present?

We walked around town until we found a nice flower shop. Inside I noticed that they also sold other couple items like candy, stuffed animals, and other little trinkets that couples would like. I started looking at the flowers for Mir.

“Would you like any kind of flower in particular?”

“I dunno. Aren’t you going to get me roses?”

“I’m not your boyfriend! I’m not going to get you those kinds of flowers!”

Mir pouted at me and started to say something but was interrupted by a very enthusiastic florist woman.

“Hello! How can I help you today?”

“Well, I’m looking for some flowers for his birthday.” I said.

“And he won’t buy me roses!” Mir pouted again.

“Aww how cute! Are you two a couple?”

“Definitely not!” I shouted, blushing. Mir gave both of us a clueless look and began to wander around the room while hugging his teddy bear.

“Well, I’ll show you the different varieties of flowers we have anyway.”

The florist began to show me each type of flower and tell me what it means in flower language. Red roses were love, pink carnations were infatuation, etc. I looked around and saw a flower that instantly reminded me of Mir. It was small, white, simple, and very cute looking. It looked delicate but also fun, and it stood out among the other flowers.

“What’s this one called?”

“Oh, those are daisies. They stand for gentleness, innocence and loyal love.”

Just hearing her say that, I thought of Mir smiling, and looking up at me cutely. He’s so sweet and innocent. That’s definitely how I feel about Mir. I bought a big bouquet and showed it to him.

“These are so cute! What made you pick these?”

“They remind me of you.”

“Then daisies will be my new favorite flower!”

Mir smiled and smelled the flowers. He pulled a card out of the bouquet.

“It says what the flowers mean…loyal love…Hey Joon, does this mean you’ll love me forever and not love anyone else?”
“What?”

“Promise it! It’s my birthday so you have to!”

“Okay okay, I promise! Now let’s get you some candy.”

I heard the florist lady say: Aww~ again. So embarrassing. We looked around the shop but they only had heart shaped chocolates since it was a couple’s store. Since I didn’t want to walk around town again, I bought the heart chocolates.

“Aww! You two are so cute! I wish my boyfriend was as sweet as you!”

“I’m not his boyfriend!” I practically yelled. She raised one eyebrow at me.

“Whatever you say~”

I took the candy and got out of there as quickly as possible. As we were walking down the street Mir told me that fortunately, the place he usually buys his underwear is close to here. This would be number two on the list: lingerie. Of course, the word lingerie is used very loosely here; I will just buy him normal underwear. NOT Y LINGERIE! I was thinking about this when Mir turned to me again.

“Hyung, feed me a piece of chocolate! I would get it myself but my hands are full with this bear and these flowers.”

I took out a piece of heart chocolate and held it close to his mouth. Mir ate the chocolate out of my hand, his lips brushing against my fingers. For some reason this made me shiver. Mir’s eyes got wider.

“Ah! There’s melty chocolate on the inside!” he tried to say with his mouth full, letting said melty chocolate dribble down his chin.

“You’re so messy, Mir.” I wiped the chocolate off of him with my finger and tasted it. It was pretty delicious.

Mir blushed and hugged his teddy bear tighter.

“Oh! We’re here! This is where I buy my underwear normally.”

I turned around to see what store Mir was talking about. The sight in front of me at that moment still terrifies me to this very day. The store Mir was pointing at was…a girl’s shop!