Wake Up Call

Where's My Birthday Present?

The next morning I had to wake up Mir so he could start his ‘best birthday ever.’ I walked into his room and saw him sleeping in his pink pajama pants and a black tank top. I shook his shoulders gently.

“Mir, it’s time to get up.” I cooed.

Mir rolled over onto his back so he was facing me. His hair was all messed up and his sleepy face was really cute! Suddenly all I wanted to do was touch his cute face.

“I don’t want to. I’m tired.”

“But Mir, today is a special day, remember?”

He smiled mischievously which made me want to touch his face more.

“You have to do whatever I want today. Right hyung?”

So. Cute. Must. Touch.

“Right. What do you want to do?” I asked nervously.

Mir sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes. Then he leaned forward and put both arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. His lips were about one centimeter from touching my ear and I was using every ounce of my willpower to not glomp this boy.

“Make me breakfast?” He whispered.

“O-okay.” I said, trying to pry Mir off of me. Every time I pushed him away he just pulled me in tighter. Finally I gave up. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Hmm I don’t know…” Mir said slowly, he rested his head on my shoulder. I instantly wished that I had chosen to wear something sleeveless today. “I want something sweet but I also want something like ham or sausage…but I don’t think candy meat has been invented yet so…surprise me!” Mir finally released me and I jumped up.

“Geez Mir, can’t I have some room to breathe?”

“But hyung, you have to do whatever I say today, remember?”

“*grumble* I guess you’re right…”

“Then say you’re sorry for pushing me away.”

“Fine. Sorry.”

“What?”
“I said I was sorry.”

“I can’t hear you.”

“Gah! Mir, what more do you want from me?!”

Mir laughed.

“Aww sorry hyung, you’re just too funny when you’re mad.”

I stormed out of the room and went to the kitchen. That kid is such a pest sometimes! I thought to myself. Then I remembered how cute he looked waking up. Ah, I guess it’s worth it…I cooked Mir’s breakfast according to his vague requests and was just finishing when he walked into the kitchen.

“Almost done?”

“Yeah, I’m just putting it on your plate.”

“So what’s for breakfast? I smell ham!”

“I made peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes, ham, and over-easy eggs.”

“Peanut butter and chocolate chip pancakes? That’s  so weird hyung…”

“Well you said you wanted something sweet! Just try it, it’s really good.”

Mir sat down at the table and I gave him his plate with a cup of milk. He tried a bite reluctantly.

“Oh! It tastes like Reese’s candy! It’s so good!”

“I told you.”

I sat down next to Mir and watched as he ate up everything on his plate. I had already eaten a little something for breakfast.

“So what does Mir want to do for his birthday?”

Mir spoke even though his mouth was full of pancakes.

“Well, I was watching some reruns of Hello Baby, and I saw on Jonghyun-hyung’s birthday he got the adult birthday presents. You know; flowers, candy, lingerie, and a birthday kiss. Even though it’s not the same birthday, that’s what I want. Plus a cake and a party. So your quest for today is to make all of that happen.”

I laughed.

“Okay. Well let me think…for your party, why don’t we go somewhere similar to the play place they showed on Hello Baby. You know, with games and tunnels and junk food.” (A/N: Like Chuck E. Cheese in Korea)

“That sounds fun!”

Mir ate the rest of his food very quickly and walked towards the door. He hopped up and down in excitement while waiting for me to put on my shoes. His little side ponytail bounced up and down with him. Soon we were ready to go celebrate Mir’s late birthday.