Lesson 10: Fallen

A Lesson on Love in the Woods

“No, no, no, you’re going to fall in like that. Try lowering your center of gravity, use your hip to anchor yourself,” the bachelor instructed from within the pit.

Hyomin gasped as she reached down, obeying his instructions. It was no use however, even with herself lying flat on the ground and her arms reaching down, their fingertips barely touched. She got up, panting and she rummaged her brain for alternative methods.

From Luhan’s point of view, he could see that the girl’s clothes were soiled by dirt and whatnot but she did not seemed concerned, instead, she was fully concentrated on helping him. The man was touched and impressed by her at the same time.

Hyomin suddenly had an idea and decided to place her camera aside. She took out the camera strap and began lowering the strap into the pit.

Luhan snapped out of his thoughts when he saw the girl lowering her camera strap down. “Take it, we should have done this earlier. Silly me.”

Luhan hesitated. “It may snap you know?”

Hyomin shrugged and reasoned, “I guess it might. Then it will just snap and you will just fall back in.” The girl had no idea when she became so cool about her reasoning, perhaps because she was only focused on saving that man.

Interesting. A smirk sneaked into Luhan’s face as he reached out for the thick strap.

Hyomin heaved the man upwards with both arms, it seemed to be working at first. Hyomin began to reel the strap in, her arms was starting to feel sore and her thighs ached from having to anchor herself.

Luhan tried to reduce the girl’s burdens by scaling up the sides. It was working! It was indeed working until when the CEO had lost his footing and slipped back. Unfortunately, this careless action from him had not only brought himself back into the pit but had also caused Hyomin to fall into the pit with him.

Hyomin gasped as she felt the load suddenly increase. Unable to release the strap in time, the girl was dragged in the other direction, into the pit, as well.

 

**

The physics teacher ruffled his hair violently out of frustration. He could not understand what he had done to make Jiyeon angry. Didn’t she ask me for opinions? Kai let out an exasperated breath once again, he truly did not enjoy the girl’s wrath and much less so the after effects.

Kai stole a quick glance at his girlfriend and was surprised to realise that the girl was no longer at her desk. The physics teacher was at loss of what to do. He was after all an amateur in the area of love. With his arms tugged behind his head and a wilful boyish pout on his face, he began rummaging through his mind for an idea to placate his fuming girlfriend. He still cared after all.  

**

 

Hyomin landed, yet not on the ground. The girl heard a grunt beneath her, followed by arms snaking around her body. She restrained those arms reflexively and muttered a definite no.  

Luhan felt as though all the air had been squeezed out of his lungs as the girl crashed down on him. The pain in his buttocks intensified in that instant he fell back onto the ground with the additional weight on him. Regardless of the condition he was in, he was still more concerned about the stranger atop of him. It was a fault of his anyway for losing his own footing and implicating the girl.

The CEO’s arms s around the girl’s waist instinctively and tried helping her up but was met with resistance, he scoffed amusedly when she heard the girl mumbled a ‘no’. It made him sound as if he was a ert.

“You okay?” Luhan asked with concern and felt rapid, shy nods from the girl. The man found himself smiling unknowingly even in this predicament of his.

“Then… um… do you mind getting of me?” He nodded his head towards her.

Another set of rapid nods from the girl and that made the smile on the CEO’s face grow wider.

Luhan could tell that the girl atop him was trying her best to get up without hurting him or perhaps was just trying to avoid bodily contact with him. Does she have haphephobia? The CEO’s brow arched as that thought crossed his mind. Luhan later grew concerned when he heard a pained grunt from the girl.

“Hey, you sure you okay?”

“My ankle hurts, a bit…” The girl admitted.

All his care for any possible phobia the girl might have dissipated and the CEO helped the girl up into sitting position in one swift action.

Hyomin gasped and it took some time for her to react. It was hard to believe that the slender-looking man beneath her could be so strong. Strong, yet his hold on her ankle was gentle enough. The man had rolled away from her and began inspecting her ankle.

“Can you rotate your ankle?” The man asked.

Hyomin bit her bottom lip as she tried. She could but it hurts. That was a relief, as a biology teacher, she knew that she must not have fractured her ankle, perhaps a mild tearing of her ligament.

Luhan could study her expression well enough. “Hurts does it?” The girl nodded in response.

“Guess you tore your ligament. I hope it isn’t too serious,” Luhan then applied light pressure on different areas of the ankle to test it, followed by a few questions that required the girl to merely nod or shake her head in response.

Hyomin winced when it became too painful but held in her complaints. She was actually mildly surprised by the knowledge the man had displayed. He sure has some knowledge about human anatomy.

Luhan knew not when he became such a concerned man and had not realise that he was massaging the girl’s ankle.

“I-I think it will be healed pretty quickly. Let’s worry about getting out first.” Hyomin reminded the man.

“Right…” Luhan withdrew his hands immediately, his cheeks grew hot suddenly and he felt his heart thudding against his chest so hard that he believed that it could have been audible.

Luhan then leant his back against the wall of the pit, trying to steady his heart rate and calm his mind. What is it that I felt just now? Thoughts about escaping his predicament was already pushed to the back of his mind and silence lingered between the two.

Meanwhile, Hyomin was positioned to the seemingly-dejected man. She threw shy, sidelong glances to him from time to time, her curiosity grew and spoke when she could finally not hold her questions in.

“You’re Korean aren’t you?” Of course he is, if not he would not be conversing in Korean with me. The girl almost regretted her question.

Luhan was caught by surprise. Where were my manners?! The CEO felt embarrassed that he had actually let a lady initiate a conversation. “U-Uh yea… actually no…”

The CEO knew he was not behaving like himself, he was actually stuttering. The head of a well-established company actually failed to be fluent once. This cannot be happening. Luhan thought to himself and cleared his throat manfully.

“I was born in China but I am currently based in Korea.”

The girl tilted her head slightly, her back straightened to attention and her eyes became rounded with curiosity.

In that instant, Luhan felt a lump stuck in his throat and he cleared it once more. She really needs to stop being so adorable.

Luhan then remembered that he had forgotten to introduce himself. “I should have introduced myself earlier,” he started formally, “I am Luhan.” CEO of a Star Enterprise. Fortunately, the CEO remembered to not overwhelm the girl with his status during their first meeting.

A small look of surprise graced the girl’s feature before it flitted away, “Right… I forgot as well…” she scratched the back of her head shyly before continuing, “I am Hyomin.”

Hyomin…

 

**

 

“Sehun, there is an event at the club tonight, are you up for it?” A friend tried to tempt the heir.

Sehun had politely rejected all invitations to pubs and clubs after the episode with his Aunt BoA yet he was finding it increasingly difficult to restrain his desires to socialise.

“Nah, I am busy. Probably next time…”

Sehun hung up immediately after.

The young heir tugged at his work tie in frustration and decided to take a breather at the gents. Sehun almost could not believe who he was looking at in the mirror. He could not remember when was the last time he was decently dressed, in a full Armani suit, gelled-back hair and complete with a silk tie. In an attempt to appease his aunt, the boy had also committed himself to oversee the work his cousins had left behind before going for his trip. It was no easy task and Sehun had chucked the job to Xiumin, his brother’s secretary more than half of the time. No wonder Hyung aged so much and could not get himself a girlfriend. This job seriously . Sehun thought over his friend’s propositions again and decided that it was too much to give it a miss. There is no ending to work. Damn this, I am out of here.

Once again, the playboy could not resist the temptation of living the night and sneaked out of Star’s building secretly.

 

 

**

Author's Note:

Hi guys, this is probably the shortest chapter in this fiction >< but at least Hyomin and Luhan interacted :D

Boy... that CEO is really falling... falling back into the pit and in... erhem... love probably? 

KaiYeon couple did not progress much in this chapter but Kai is trying... trying... sometimes trying isn't enough though orz...

Well.... and though Sehun's part is relatively short, it is a crucial build up to the next chapter :D Well you can take that as a hint :D

I do not much to say about this chapter except that I loved writing about Luhan and Hyomin's parts and developing Sehun's relationship as well.

Till then... :D

Once again, thank you for all the subscribes and comments :D I appreciate them so much.

Cya!