Guns and Medicine

Caramel filled Snickerdoodles

"Sir are you alright?!"

Kyungsoo looked around frantic. There was blood pooling around the elder male and it was staining his hands. Without sparing any time, Kyungsoo lifted the man on  his back and carried him home. Once they've arrived he set to work quickly. Being a doctor made it easy for him to do first aid and save the man's life. He placed lots of pressure on the bullet wound before they arrived so that the man wouldn't lose a flood of blood. Kyungsoo then extracted the bullet and stitched up the incision while carefully closing the wound up. It took the man a few days before he came to.

"Where am I?" He asked. Kyungsoo looked back at him and smiled. It was a Sunday and today there were no emergency calls so Kyungsoo had the day all to himself.

"Hey there. Are you feeling fine? Do you need anything?" He said as he approached him. He placed a glass of water next to where the man was resting and checked his vitals.

"Thank you." He mumbled. Kyungsoo set down his stethoscope and placed it back in the box.

"I am Doctor Do and this is my home. You may call me Kyungsoo. I found you lying in the alley with a bullet wound. I think we should call the cops to file a report." The man shook his head and sighed. He went to pick up his belongings and headed towards the door.

"Are you sure you're alright to move on your own? You could always stay longer here. I don't mind. Patients I find usually do stay until their fully healed." Kyungsoo walked towards the door to block the man from exiting. His eyes were filled with worry.

"I'm fine son. I'll just get back home and tell my wife what had happened. You have saved my life and I am forever in debt. When the time comes we'll meet again. Thank you for everything." He bowed and walked out leaving Kyungsoo with a sigh.

The next time they met was in a cafe.

Kyungsoo was minding his own business when he heard the chair scraping in front of him. He peered up from the newspaper, glasses set low on the bridge of his nose and lips curling into a smile.

"Hello boy. We meet again." The waiter placed down the coffee the man had ordered and proceeded to walk away. Kyungsoo folded the newspaper and placed it on the table, sipping his own coffee while lightly tapping against the table with his fingers.

"What brings you here today sir? Feeling unwell? I can give you a check up at the hospital I work at." Kyungsoo raised his brow when the man suddenly burst out into a fit of laughter.

"No no boy. I'm well and okay. I'm actually here to repay my debt. I'd like for you to come with me." He finished the coffee in his hand, wafting the pleasant aroma to savour the flavour. Kyungsoo placed down his cup and hesitantly nodded. The man didn't seem like a threat to him and looked like he meant no harm so Kyungsoo followed him into a black car.

"You didn't tell me your name." Kyungsoo asked, his eyes looking at the elder man with a curious smile.

"My name is Tae-il Kim. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He offered a hand shake to Kyungsoo and the two exchanged smiles. The ride was not long and soon they arrived at a mansion. Gruff, big, and scarred men were loitering around the place. Each with suits of jet black and gun holders on their hips. They bowed formally to the elder man and gave suspicious looks to Kyungsoo. Nervously, Kyungsoo walked closer to the man fearing that if he were to stray his head would be blown off to bits. When they arrived in the place a woman came out and greeted Kyungsoo. She expressed her deepest gratitude to him for saving her husband and Kyungsoo shyly accepted them with a blush and a smile.

"Dear, you're embarrassing him. The reason I wanted you to come all this way to my home is because I want you to join my organization." Kyungsoo blinked. Then again. Once more. He felt like a fish on land.

"I beg you're pardon?"

"Welcome to the Kim Mafia my boy. Would you so kindly be one of our medical doctors?"

"Repeat that by me again?" Kyungsoo was struck idle. The man he had saved was from the mafia?! He had to hold in the urge to scream and run away as fast as he could. He could only blink, stare, and gape at what the man had asked of him. When he felt the eyes of a million men on him, he gave into peer pressure and nodded. Mr. Kim exploded with joy and hugged the absent minded Kyungsoo, giving him his own pistol that had the family emblem engraved on the side of the handle. The party was a go as members were cheerfully laughing with each other and lovers were waltzing on the wooden dance floor. Kyungsoo stared out to outer space and engaged in conversations only when the person had approached him and nudged him awake. When the party ended and the members left in their own cars, Kyungsoo came over to Mr. Kim to talk to him once more about becoming a member.

"I'm sorry but I don't think a doctor," he looked at the polished desk inside the headquarters of the mansion, "can be apart of the mafia. I mean, I don't think I can shoot at a person! I save lives!! Not take them!" He argued, fearing what his imagination was creating. Mr. Kim laughed at Kyungsoo and brought him closer to where he was sitting. The two sat on a black leather couch and Mr. Kim was enjoying a glass of whiskey while Kyungsoo opted for water.

"I know, I didn't expect you to shoot people. All I'm saying is that I want you to be able to do regular check ups, surgery, and all that jazz on the family members. Like how you removed the bullet from my stomach. I'm not going to send the pack to your clinic, we have one here as well and you can do all that in there. Kyungsoo, I know you are not a killer, that is why I wish for you to save the lives of my family." Kyungsoo could only smile bitterly until a knock was heard on the cherry wood door.

"Father, you called?" A tan man walked into the room with his hands in his pocket. His face was adorned with beautiful onyx eyes and plump mahogany lips. His collar was loosely buttoned which displayed his well built body wrapped in a gold and black pinned suit.

"Ah yes, Jongin. Meet Kyungsoo our new doctor." Kyungsoo timidly waved his hand hello while Jongin sat down next to him. They looked at each other intensely, Kyungsoo wondering why he was so fascinating to this young male while Jongin had fallen in love with his milk coloured skin and dazzling ruby lips.

"I don't like that title," Jongin looked towards his father and then back at Kyungsoo, "He should be titled the young boss's lover instead of doctor." Kyungsoo gaped and so did Mr. Kim.

"I beg you're pardon?"

"The real reason why I asked you to come out is because I want you to teach Kyungsoo how to fire a gun." Mr. Kim coughed loudly to get Jongin out of his trance and Kyungsoo from his frantic worries.

"Of course father. It's getting late right now. I'll drive you home." He hoisted Kyungsoo out of the seat and carried him out of the room. Mr. Kim looked at them with a smug grin and waved goodbye.

"May I ask why you've taken such a particular liking to me?" Kyungsoo asked, gazing at Jongin with a curious look. They were driving in Jongin's black Mercedes, the lights of the highway bouncing back and forth. Jongin grinned back and merely shrugged at his companion. When they arrived at Kyungsoo's home he walked him to the door and grabbed him. His kisses were tender and sweet but Kyungsoo knew better to get involved with dangerous people. It was weird, there was this magnet that was pulling him towards Jongin as he felt himself lost between the kisses. When they broke apart he was in a daze.

"You know, you look beautiful in red. I think it'd compliment your skin." And with that Jongin drove off.

The next few months were hectic for Kyungsoo. He had to constantly work at the hospital during the day and spend his nights in the Kim's clinic. He frequently got visits from Jongin and a few naughty kisses here and there. The members took a liking to Kyungsoo and often engaged him to join them in their rounds of kicking arse. He declined and opted to watch over them and heal their injuries instead. Sometimes Kyungsoo found himself in Jongin's bed with red and purple flowers blooming on his skin and the lad grinning at him with a loving look. When the two got engaged, Jongin showered him with more love which included taking him out on dates, spending most of his time snuggling the petite male, and always giving him flowers whenever he came by to visit.

It was a sunny afternoon in September when he heard the knocking on the door. The knob twisted and Mr. Kim came in greeting Kyungsoo. He went through his physical exam and chatted with Kyungsoo throughout the process. When they were done, Kyungsoo made coffee and the two enjoyed the scenery.

"You know, Kyungsoo. I think we should really change your title." Kyungsoo furrowed his brows.

"Instead of Doctor, we should call you Young Boss's Loving Husband from now on!" Mr. Kim exclaimed while he nudged and winked at the younger male.

A blush spread on Kyungsoo's cheeks and he buried his face in his hands. The gold ring glittering in the sun.

_ x_ o_ x_ o

A/N: Mafia!AU. I like it. Although there wasn't any killing or anything. Haha.