Whispers in the Dark

Caramel filled Snickerdoodles

He knew there was something wrong with his house.

Besides the obvious empty rooms and cobwebs that surrounded every corner, the main reason he was concerned with was that there was another guest living with him. Now Kai had been a smart man, listening keenly to the seller's words and to the advice of others around him but he never expected to encounter that. Whatever it was, or is, or became.

The young man introduced himself as Kyungsoo, pale, cold, and sweet around the rims of his personalty. It amazed Kai how far off his eyes looked but how delicate his smiles became. The first night Kyungsoo came out Kai nearly had a heart attack. Awaking from a nightmare to see another man in front of you is not something he could get use to ever. When he started to engage in conversations with Kyungsoo over the duration of two years he learned three things from him.

This house wasn't safe, he wasn't safe, and Kyungsoo was a ghost.

A chill ran down his spine and he shuddered at the thought. He pondered quite a while on how Kyungsoo would have died but opted to ask the man himself. Kyungsoo gave him a sullen look and paid no attention to the question. Maybe he wasn't a ghost after all, a burglar perhaps? Kai was thinking too hard on the thoughts the next night until Kyungsoo appeared again. With melancholy spreading through his body he looked at Kai with sadness. Kai looked back at him. Kyungsoo was an enigmatic character, so full of mysteries and abrupt meetings.

Kyungsoo ushered him throughout the house at an alarming rate. He motioned for Kai to call the police, someone had just intruded the house and was dangerous. Wasting no time Kai called them up while Kyungsoo lead him around to keep him away from danger. It was Kyungsoo who broke the ice in the silence that lay between the two sitting in the basement. He ushered Kai to come closer so that he could whisper something to him. Kai quietly came towards him and he heard the sweetest melody.

"Please find me."

It ran cold ice through his blood, stopping the flow temporarily, and his heat temperature dropped tremendously. He wasn't correct, Kyungsoo was in fact a ghost and not a burglar. With swift feet and cautious steps he searched through the basement. In his entire time at the house he never once stood in the basement by himself. Laundry was done on the main floor and there wasn't much to put in the basement, just his usual junk. However, it seemed that someone else had used the house instead of him. He could feel a wet sensation followed by a plop noise made by liquid on the balls of his feet. Kai had to keep thinking happy thoughts or else he would have broke down and cried for what his mind created and he dreaded.

He did. He broke down and he cried right in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gently patted his hair and stood still in front of the piles of bones. It was all such a mystery. Kai picked up the bones one by one and cradled them in his arms. When the police arrived they identified the serial killer and made his house a crime scene. They picked up countless flesh, bones, and unidentified objects. Kai asked one of the workers if he could see Kyungsoo once more. Surprised that Kai identified the body, they guided him to the mass of bones. Dull ivory, endless black, with a smooth texture to cover.

Here lied his fibula.

Here lied his radius.

Here lied his scapula.

And here lied his skull. The head of the boy he had fallen in love with.

_ x_ o_ x_ o

A/N: Would you consider this angst? Hm, I think so.