Fantastic 2

FANTASTIC

":D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So you're giving up on her?" a young woman in her early 20s with blonde hair asked as she stared at Jessica from across the table.

Jessica paused from eating her food and nodded to the question that has been asked.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Are you done?" Jessica asked as she wiped with a napkin provided.

"Yes."

"Good. Let's leave and we'll talk some more. Okay?"

--------------------------------

"So how did you meet her?"

"Tiffany?"

"Yeah. I know it was because of the money laundering and embezzlement case concerning her company. But where and how did you meet her?" 

"At the Hwang Annual party." Jessica smiled upon recalling that fateful meeting.

*Flashback*

"Why are we meeting him at this hotel Jessica?"

"Mr. Hwang is holding his annual company party tonight and there's no better place to discuss matters with him then here."

Yoona nodded her head in understanding. "A cover-up?"

"Precisely."

Upon arriving at the destination, Jessica thanked Yoona for dropping her off and left on her own. 

"Ah. You have arrived." Mr. Hwang greeted enthusiastically as he shook Jessica's hand. "We've been waiting for you."

"I see. Let's go outside to the balcony. Why did you want to meet me here tonight?"

"It's better this way. No unwanted attention and less suspicious."

After they discussed the problems, Mr. Hwang insisted in that Jessica meet his family. 

"Please. It's best that the both of you get acquainted with my family now. Since you will be seeing each other often. Especially my youngest daughter."

Jessica nodded their head in agreement and smiled. "Lead the way Mr. Hwang."

*End of flashback*

"Tiffany was so cold and distant when we first met. I still remember their short replies and annoyed expressions. As if I were the most disgusting thing she has ever seen." Jessica said wiht a chuckle.

"Love at first sight?"

Jessica scoffed. "Psh! More like hate at every sight."

"And yet you fell for the cold and serious Hwang?"

"Hey! So did Yoona!"

"The point is: Both of you fell in love with the woman you disliked."

Jessica sighed and leaned back on the bench. "Yeah. We sure did." She said with a warm smile. 

"And how did that happen?" Krystal asked, enjoying the new side of Jessica she has not seen in a long while.

*Flashback- One month after meeting*

"How dare you?!" A fuming Tiffany barged into Jessica's office. 

"What seems to be the problem Tiffany-shii?" Jessica asked as she scanned through the documents in front of her. 

Tiffany stepped forward and threw a document on Jessica's desk, inhibiting the latter to continue her work. "What's this?"

"How dare you withdraw our participation in the Seoux Hotel project? Do you know how crucial that project is to Hwang Corp.?"

"It's for the best." Jessica answered calmly, unfazed by Tiffany's anger. 

"And are you going to argue that withdrawing Seo Industry investment from the Busan land development is for the best too?!"

"No." 

"What?!"

Jessica leaned back on her chair and looked at Tiffany. "Your cousin has another person handling her affairs. It does not concern me although it was a wise decision."

"You think that just because my fatherput you in charge of our finanicial affairs that you can just do what you want?!"

Jessica sighed and walked over to stand next to Tiffany. "Ms. Hwang. There are two things which you have misunderstood."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms, waiting for Jessica to continue. 

"First: I merely supervise the company's financial affair. And in this case, my actions are for the best."

"Are you-"

"Second," Jessica cut off Tiffany before she can challenge Jessica's reasonings. "I would never do anything that will damage the companies."

"I'll see about that." Tiffany stated before storming off. 

Soon after Tiffany left, Yoona entered the office.  "Is it safe?"

"Yes. You didn't tell Seohyun about us working together?"

Yoona shook her head. "No. Its best she doesn't see you. Although she knows that you are working with the Hwangs. And I with her father."

"Did you tell her?"

"No. Did you tell Seohyun anything about the investment?"

Yoona shook her head. "They will find out soon. In the meantime, we must do our part."

* 4 months later*

"You and Prosecutor Im have done great in stopping further damage and loss to our company. But the perpetrator is still at large." Mr. Seo informed with a solemn tone. 

"How did you know that the investment and our participation in Seoux Hotel project would result in a fraud? We could've lost a lot of money. I'm impressed by your work."

Jessica and Yoona had agreed to meet Mr. Hwang and Mr. Seo at an exclusive restaurant after the successful avoidance of another financial dilemma.

"Actually, Mr. Seo and Mr. Hwang. We couldn't have done it without Tiffany-shii and Seohyun-shii's help."

Mr.Hwang and Mr. Seo let out a chuckle. "Is that so? What did they do?"

"Tiffany-shii was the one who addressed the suspiciousness of HX Corp."

"Seohyun-shii was the one who told me that it was weird for a company, who she has never met, to suddenly appear as part of an investment partner. She probably doesn't know, but when we met with one of their representatives, she was the the one who pointed out his weird behavior."

"Oh yeah. I remember now."

"And Tiffany-shii was the one who told me that the son of HX Corp. has been trying to gain her favor and attention. Which I found to be quite suspicious."

"Really? But he could've been a suitor."

"Yes. But one comment Ms. Hwang told me made me doubt his intentions."

"And that would be?"

"Tiffany-shii had informed me that HX Corp. had some major financial problems that couldn't have been resolved in one month's time, considering their $50 million debt. So I took her information and did some 'outside' research."

"Jessica and I found out that HX Corp. had no intentions of going through with their projects. They had planned to keep the money to themselves and blame the fraud on your companies."

Mr. Hwang and Mr. Seo gasped in such discovery. 

"It was Ms. Seo's keen observation of the representative and Ms. Hwang's help that we were able to prevent all companies from being victims." Jessica finished and flashed a smile to the two elders. 

"So, it should be your daughters that you should be grateful for." Yoona added with a smile. "We couldn't have done this without their help."

The next time Jessica visited Tiffany's home, Tiffany couldn't help but ask about why Jessica said the things she did to her father. 

"I don't need your pity you know?" Tiffany said in a bitter tone. 

Jessica disagreed. "I'm not pitying you. I only said the truth." She gently said with a smile. "We're partners and we helped each other out. It's only fair that you get recognized as well." 

But Tiffany kept looking at Jessica, causing Jessica to get a little uncomfortable.

"Is there something on my face or something?"

"You."

"Me?"

"You like me." Tiffany said with a smirk. 

"What?!" Jessica said a little too loudly before brushing it off and looking about to hide her blush. 

"Admit it. Everything you've done to this point, shows me that you like me."

"Or, it's just how I am." Jessica challenged. 

"So you don't like me?"

"I never said that."

"Huh?"

"If I did like you, would that be a problem?"

"Yes."

"Well then, its a yes too then."

"What?" Tiffany was just teasing Jessica. She didn't know it was the truth. 

Jessica sighed. "Look. It just happened alright." Jessica said as she ran a hand through her hair to get rid of some tension. 

"..."

"I'm serious."

"Well, you should stop now then."

"Huh? Why?"

Tiffany took a deep breath before looking at Jessica again. "I don't like you. Period."

"I'll make you like me."

"Impossible."

"Why is that so?"

"It just is."

"Aren't you taking advantage of the situation?"

"I'm not taking advantage of anything. My feelings are true. And if you give me a chance, I would like to show you."

"Aren't you too confident?"

"I just don't want any regrets. So what do you say?"

After a few minutes of silence, Tiffany finally gave her answer. "Okay."

*End of flashback*

"Wow. And how did it go?"

"Well, we finally caught the perpetrator a few months later. And I continued to court her."

"..."

"Mind telling me how that went?"

"Well..."

*Flashback*

"Hey. Are you ready to go?"

Tiffany had just finished putting on her jacket when Jessica appeared in her office with a big smile. 

"I thought you're working late." Tiffany nonchalantly stated as Jessica rushed over to hold her bag for her. 

"I was but I didn't take any breaks so I managed to finish my work early. And here I am."

Tiffany stopped in her spot and turned to look at Jessica. "Did you eat dinner at least?" She put on a stone expression although she was genuinely touched and concerned about Jessica. 

"Yoona and I ate some take-out before I came here since I had an hour to spare before the time you told me you would leave."

"Yoona stayed too?" Tiffany said bitterly and if Jessica didn't know better, she would've thought Tiffany was jealous. But Jessica didn't know better. 

"Yeah. She said she worries for my health and that I may just be a skeleton the next time she sees me."

"And this Yoona girl- is she someone you're close with?"

"Yeah. She's a very close friend." Jessica proudly stated with a smile. "We look out for one another."

"I'm sure does." Tiffany sarcastically commented, confusing Jessica. 

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. Just hurry up and drive me home."

*End of flashback*

"Sounds like she was jealous." Krystal stated and laughed, causing Jessica to pout. 

"Well, that expains why she ignored me for the next days."

"What did you to do to make it up?"

"I took her out for dinner and a boat ride on the Han river."

"AWWWW!!!! So sweet!" Krystal squealed and squeezed Jessica's arm. 

"It was a wonderful time." Jessica added in a nostalgic tone. "But now, she's nothing but a painful memory and reminder of my stupidity and foolishness."

"I'll be the judge of that. Do continue with your love story."

*Flashback*

"Fany. I brought you some flowers."

Tiffany looked at Jessica weirdly. "Why?" She asked as she took the flowers. 

Jessica shrugged before stealing a kiss from Tiffany's unsuspecting lips. "Just because I felt like it. And because I missed you."

"You're a dork."

"But you love this dork."

"No I don't."

"We've been dating for 6 months. I know you love me."

"We're in an open relationship."

"If we were, you would've dated the countless suitors that ask you out everyday."

-----------------------

Jessica doesn't know why people say that Tiffany Hwang is a careless and heartless woman, because the Tiffany she sees right here in front of her, lecturing her and applying medicine on her wounds is nothing like the rumors. 

Jessica held onto Tiffany's hand that was apply ointment on the cut on her lips and looked at her lovingly. Tiffany was caught off guard by Jessica's gesture. 

"Yah. Let go."

But Jessica didn't listen. She gently pulled Tiffany closer to her until their gap was closed. 

"What's wrong with you?" Tiffany asked as she tried to break loose from the hug. 

"Stay still. I missed you." Jessica pled as she rested her chin on top of Tiffany's shoulder. "This feels so nice."

"..."

"You're nothing like the rumors say you are. You're the warmest, and most loving person I've met." Jessica said as she kept Tiffany close to her. "And I'm happy to know that I'm the only one who could see this side of yours."

Tiffany was touched by such sweet revelation from Jessica. But she wasn't going to let her know that. 

"You must have gotten your head hit during your mission. Which is why you're blabbering nonsense?"

Jessica smiled at Tiffany's comment and nuzzled her head closer to Tiffany's neck, allowing her to smell the graceful and sweet aroma from her hair. 

"Or, I really miss you and I'm just expressing my feelings."

Jessica brought down Tiffany to lay wiht her on her bed. 

"Yah! What are you doing!" Tiffany tried to remove herself but Jessica's hold on her was too strong. 

"Just stay here with me until I fall asleep." Jessica said in a tired voice as she held Tiffany closer to her. 

Tiffany complied and found herself laying her head against Jessica's chest. "Were you scared?"

"Of?"

Tiffany then thought of all the moments of when Jessica wasn't there with her. When Jessica was on her undercover case for the past week and cut off all contacts with her for that whole week. And even if Tiffany told Jessica she didn't miss her one bit, she knew she couldn't lie to herself. She missed Jessica so much.

"You know what. The 'D' word." Tiffany whispered, as she unconsciously held Jessica tighter. But at this point, Jessica was too tired to even notice how Tiffany's change in tone and her tight grasp around her. Jessica smiled and laid her chin on top of Tiffanys' head. 

"Why would I be? You were with me the entire time."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"And what brought about your downfall?"

Jessica sighed and looked down at the ground. "She misunderstood a situation."

"What happened?" Krystal asked, concerned. 

"Remember Sunny?"

"Yeah."

"Well..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tiffany. Please listen to me. It's not what you think it is!" 

Tiffany scoffed and continued walking away. "Sure. That's what a cheater would say!"

Jessica finally grabbed a hold of Tiffany's wrist and turned her around. "But I'm not a cheater. And I'm telling you the truth. Sunny is-"

"I don't give a f**k about her name!!!"

Jessica sighed and panicked. Tiffany's was being unreasonable and HellFany has been unleashed. "Please. I know that right now you might think that she and I have something going on but that's not true."

"Oh really? Then explain why you guys kissed!"

"She kissed me! And she was drunk."

"I heard that too many times." Tiffany remarked and left.

"Tiffany!" Jessica ran after Tiffany only to annoy and anger Tiffany further. 

"You're just like your mother."

"What?"

Tiffany let out a mocking chuckle. "You're a s**t just like your mother."

"TIFFANY!" 

"Why? Hurt? I'm only saying the truth. Your mom was nothing but a lowly e and you're just the same."

Jessica was hurt...so so hurt. "How-how can you say that to me?"

"Wae? I'm only telling you the truth."

"I told you because I trusted you. Why are you using my family against me? And my own mother?!"

Tiffany smirked. "Wae? Did I go too far?" 

Jessica remained calm and reasonable. " I know that right now you're upset. I'll talk to you another time." Jessica said with a smile before pecking Tiffany's cheeks. 

"We're over!"

Jessica turned around. "What?"

Tiffany looked at Jessica with red and teary eyes. "You broke my trust. I should've known better than to trust the daughter of a s**t!!"

"..."

"From now on, leave me alone and I don't want to see your face again. You understand?!" And with those last words, Tiffany entered her car and drove away, not bothering to take one more look at the mess that she has made. 

"Jessica! Jessica!!" Yoona ran out only to see Jessica still standing at her old spot. "Are you alright?"

"I-I'm not Yoona. I'm hurting so much right now." Jessica managed to admit, before tears were released from her eyes. 

Yoona could only hug her friend and mutter comforting words, but she knew better. Jessica wouldn't be the same again.

----------------------------------------------------------

"So you never talked or met her again after that?"

Jessica nodded her head. 

"Except for yesterday."

"Yesterday was the first time in 3 weeks."

"I'm so sorry sis." Krystal said and hugged Jessica tightly. "How are you holding up now?"

"I'll live." Jessica retorted. "I was never good enough for her anyways." She said with a tone of pain and sadness.

"No." Krystal strongly asserted and loosened the hug to look into Jessica's eyes. "It's her loss. She's the one who doesn't deserve you. If she can't accept you for who you are and our family, it would have never worked out."

"..."

"Are you listening?"

"Yeah. Thanks Krystal."

"Of course. This is what sisters are for."

Jessica smiled and ruffled her little sister's hair. "How's Amber?"

"Great. We might come over the weekend to visit."

"That's awesome. We can have dinner with the others just like the old times."

*Ring ring*

"Who is it?"

"Yoona." Jessica lied. It was Tiffany but she doesn't want Krystal to be concerned. 

"You're not answering?"

"No need to. Just have to go back to work. I'll see you this weekend alright?"

"Okay."

-------------------------------------------------

"What do you want?"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry?"

Tiffany nodded her head. "I know everything now. Sunny met with me and explained what had happened."

"That's good. Is that all?"

"No! I mean, she told me the truth after our last encounter at the club but I, I was too scared to face you."

"..."

"I apologize for everything that I said that night."

"No need. can I go now?" Jessica asked in disinterest. "Because I have work to finish."

"Do-do you hate me?"

"..."

"I know that you probably will never forgive me for what I did and said to you that night but I was just too angry and jealous. I regret my actions but I thought you did cheat on me so I didn't contact you. But I really missed you."

"It makes no difference now."

"What-what do you mean?"

"You and I are from two different worlds and are just too different. I was stupid to think you'll fall in love with me." Jessica said looking out into the night sky. 

"But I do!"

"Just stop this Tiffany. I'm tired of this. I really am. Don't contact me anymore." But just as Jessica was walking away, Tiffany ran in front of her to stop her from walking any further.

"I regret my actions and my words. I should've trusted you and I know that now, you must hate me." Tiffany was crying now and looked up at Jessica. "But I feel teh same way toward you which was why I acted the way I did that night. I really thought that you played with me just like the others. Please forgive me Jessica." Tiffany held on to Jessica hands. "What do you want me to do? I'll do anything."

"Anything?"

Tiffany nodded her head. 

"I don't want to see you ever again. Let's move on and live life without each other."

Tiffany shook her head. "No!"

"You said anything."

"Not if it's just going to result in seperation again. I almost died once from the misunderstanding. If you want me to go through it another time, I rather die."

"Dont' talk about death lightly." Jessica said seriously. "I'm not worth dying for!"

"I won't do what you ask of me."

"Up to you." Jessica then pulled her hands away from Tiffany and walked off. 

Tiffany ran in front of Jessica and pulled Jessica against her before kissing Jessica. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Jessica yelled and pushed Tiffany off her. 

"I know you still love me. And I love you as well. And from this night on, I will prove myself to you. Just like you have done for me. This time, I will return the favor so don't give up on us Jessica. Please don't."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Angst...i know...gotta love angst. one more chappie :D 

PS: no grammatical corrections done