Fantastic 3

FANTASTIC

Hello. I have returned. :D

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Noooo wayyyyyy." Yoona purposelly elongated on her words to show the effects of Jessica's story.  Both of them were at the park near the prosecutor's building for their lunch break. She couldn't believe Jessica's story at all....

"Believe it Yoona." Jessica's voice brought Yoona out of her thoughts. "I know what you're thinking in that head of yours."

Yoona still had the bewildered and surprised look on her face as she turned to respond to Jessica. "I just can't believe it because Seohyun said something similar to me."

"Elaborate."

"How much more can I say when she used my humiliating family background against me too?" Yoona said with a small smile, hiding her hurt. 

"Oh. I'm sorry Yoona." Jessica said and held Yoona by her shoulders. Yoona returned the warm gesture by placing her hand ontop of Jessica's own. 

"It's alright. On the bright-side, we'll both be alone for the rest of our lives." 

"And have the company of cats."

Jessica and Yoona laughed at the own jokes, soothing their hearts and allowing them to forget about their woes for that moment in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Prosecutor Jung."

Jessica looked up from her work only to see her assistant. 

"What's wrong?"

"I was on my way out and I met Ms. Hwang in the lobby. Ms. Hwang asked me to let you know that she will be waiting for you in the lobby." The assistant informed. 

"Again?" Jessica asked to herself and then looked at her wristwatch. It was already 7pm. Jessica sighed. "Tell her to leave. I will be working overtime tonight again."

"Okay. Have a good night Prosecutor. Don't work too late."

"Thanks. Good night."

Not even 15 minutes passed, Jessica received another knock on her office door with Tiffany's head peeking into her office. "Hi." Tiffany cheerfully greeted before entering the office, much to Jessica's dismay. 

"Don't you get the hint that I do not want you here?" Jessica asked coldly. 

"Nonsense." Tiffany ignored Jessica's attitude with a smile and walked over to the prosecutor. "You're just trying to be a bully. Which is not working by the way." 

Jessica flicked away Tiffany's hand that was on her shoulder and stood up. She then looked at Tiffany in annoyance. "For the past month, you have been bothering me non-stop and disrespecting my privacy. I want it to stop Tiffany." Jessica demanded as stared at Tiffany intently. "Leave." Jessica commanded as she pointed to the door. 

Instead of following Jessica's wish, Tiffany slowly walked over to Jessica and gently grabbed a hold of Jessica's outreached arm. She then held Jessica's hand and smiled lovingly at Jessica. 

"Now why would I leave you?" Tiffany asked and cupped Jessica's face with her hands. "I already told you that I will fight for you haven't I? I'm not going to give up."

Jessica refused to be affected by Tiffany's words...although it sounded so sincere and true. 

"You're lying."

Tiffany grimaced and frowned at Jessica's accusation. "I'm not. Do you still not believe after all that I've done for you?"

Jessica shook her head and removed Tiffany's hands from her face. "No. Now leave." Jessica repeated herself and returned to her desk seat. 

But Tiffany would not let Jessica's hurtful words affect her...no she won't...even if she was sniffing and trying so hard at the moment to keep her tears at bay. 

"Alright. You work and I'll wait here patiently with you." Tiffany said with a forced smile but glistening eyes. 

"Tiffany." Jessica warned in a tired voice. 

"I won't bother you. You won't even know I'm here!" Tiffany reasoned. And before Jessica could argue, Tiffany intervened. "And I'm not going to leave!" Tiffany then sat on the sofa and took out her iPad, ignoring all of Jessica's protests. 

"Whatever." Jessica mumbled to herself before continuing her work. 

Jessica had so much caseloads to review that she didn't even realize how late it has gotten. Jessica closed her last folder for the night and stood up to stretch. 

"9:50pm already?" Jessica yawned and looked over to Tiffany. The latter was no longer sitting but laying down, as depicted by traces of Tiffany's hair dangling off from the sofa arm. 

*ring ring*

Jessica quickly answered her phone to prevent Tiffany from waking up. "Hello?"

"Jessica. Are you still at work?"

"Yeah. You? Are you still at work too Yoona?"

"Yeah. You want to go grab some dinner?"

"At this time? It's late don't you think?" Jessica asked as she grabbed her things and took a seat across from Tiffany on the sofa. 

"Yeah. But I'm hungry again." Jessica smiled upon hearing Yoona's chuckle on the other line. "So what do you say?"

"Sure. Where-"

"Im Yoona! Do you forget that I'm here?!!" a woman's voice screamed from the other line, causing Jessica to flinch. 

"Ow! No need to hit me Seohyun! Geez!!" Yoona screamed. 

"Seohyun is there with you?" Jessica said with an amused smiled.

"Unfortunately she is." Yoona grumpily stated which earned another hit from Seohyun and a painful cry could be heard from Yoona again. 

Jessica shook her head with a smile. "Well, alright. Where should we go? The usual?"

"Yes. I'll meet you there. I'm heading out right now."

"Alright. See you later."

Jessica hung up and looked at Tiffany, who was sleeping peacefully on the sofa with her hands folded to cushion her head. Jessica walked over and crouched in front of the heiress. 

"How could someone so beautiful be in love with someone like me?" Jessica thought to herself as she put a fringe of Tiffany's hair behind her ear. "You're being sincere huh? I don't know if I can trust you Tiffany." Jessica thought to herself again as she continued to look at Tiffany's serene face. Jessica suddenly found herself frowning at realizing how skinny Tiffany looks. 

"You lost so much weight. Pabo." Jessica mumbled. "What am I going to do with you?" She thought to herself. 

Since it was getting later by the minute, Jessica decided to wake Tiffany up. She gently shook Tiffany by her shoulders.

"Tiffany. Tiffany. Wake up."

Tiffany stirred a bit before rubbing her eyes. "You're done?" She asked with a yawn. 

Jessica nodded her head. "You should go home now. It's late."

"What time is it?"

"A little after 10 pm."

Tiffany sat up and smiled at Jessica. "You're going home too?"

"No. I'm meeting Yoona for dinner." Jessica answered as she picked up her belongings, not noticing the upset expression on Tiffany's face. 

"It's a little too late for dinner don't you think?" Tiffany asked in a matter-of-fact tone as they both stepped out from the office. 

"Yeah. That's what I said but she's hungry so yeah."

"And you have to go?" Tiffany asked with a frown. 

"Why wouldn't I go?" 

Tiffany crossed her arms. "Maybe because you already have a girlfriend?"

Jessica looked at Tiffany. Tiffany stared back...Jessica stared back...Tiffany stared back...and the Jessica...

"Hahahaha." Jessica started to laugh, confusing Tiffany. 

"What?"

"You're too funny Tiffany. I have a girlfriend? Psh!" 

Tiffany was shocked. How can Jessica say that when Tiffany was right there in front of her?!

"How can you-"

*ring ring*

"Excuse me. Hello?"

Tiffany and Jessica were currently in the elevator on their way to exit.

"Seohyun's joining us?" Jessica raised her voice upon hearing Yoona's revelation. "No. That's not a problem at all. She can join us. What? She's threatening you?" Jessica chuckled upon hearing Yoona's fearful confessions. "Yeah. Tiffany and I are just-"

"TIFFANY IS WITH YOU RIGHT NOW?!!!!" Yoona screamed into the phone, making Jessica rub her ear in pain while Tiffany smiled. Taking advantage of Jessica's temporary deafness, she quickly swiped the phone away from Jessica. 

"Hey! Give it back!" But Tiffany ran as soon as the elevator doors opened. Jessica chased after Tiffany to get her phone back. 

"Tiffany!" Jessica tried to reach for her phone but Tiffany refused to give it back to her. It was a game of cat and mouse since Tiffany was talking to Yoona.

"Okay. See you later Yoona." Tiffany then hung up and handed the phone back to Jessica. 

"Yah! What did you say to her?" Jessica demanded to know. 

"Oh nothing." Tiffany innocently answered as she skipped around Jessica. 

Jessica raised an eyebrow, not believing Tiffany. 

Tiffany laughed at Jessica's seriousness. "Seriously."

"Tiffany."

"I just asked her if it's alright if I joined you guys for dinner."

"What?!!!"

-------------------------------------------------

Jessica stayed quiet throughout dinner to not point out the awkwardness. Yoona, Seohyun, Tiffany and Jessica were at a street food vendor.

"This is awkward." Of course, Yoona has no problem voicing out the the current tension and awkwardness. 

"Not awkward. Just a little inconvenient because I'm sitting with the woman who is trying to steal Jessica away from me." Tiffany calmly stated with a smile as she took a sip of her water. Yoona was confused because Tiffany was looking at her as she said those words. What did she do?

"Why did you come here Jessica?" Seohyun asked bitterly. "Are you trying to steal Yoona away from me? Because if you, you are dead."

"Uh...Yoona?" Jessica looked at Yoona to say something. 

Yoona got the hint and smiled at her. "Dont' worry. I got this." Yoona retorted through her eyes and smile as she pumped out her chest. 

"You better." Jessica mouthed back. 

"Perhaps the both of you should leave? Jessica and I want to enjoy our dinner date."

OH.MY.GOD. Jessica facepalmed herself while Yoona just kept smiling, proud of herself. What? She's serious? She can't eat in peace with all this bad vibe floating around.

"Dinner date????" Seohyun and Tiffany repeated each word bitterly as their eyes darkened. 

"Thank you. And thank you Ahjumma!" Yoona thanked when their food was finally served. "Come on. Eat."

"You two are dating?!!" Tiffany could not longer hold back her anger, catching Jessica and Yoona  by surprise. Yoona who had her food halfway in looked at Tiffany in awe. 

"And you!" Seohyun pointed at Yoona. "You're cheating on me?!!"

Yoona suddenly began coughing upon hearing Seohyun's statement. Jessica scurried over and gave her some water as she rubbed Yoona's back. 

Tiffany and Seohyun's grimaced at the caring gesture and could feel a slight pain in their chest. 

"I'm leaving!" Tiffany and Seohyun stated but before they could leave, both of them was pulled back down to sit. 

"We're all leaving. It's getting late." Yoona grimly said before leaving some money on the table. 

"What about your dinner date?" Tiffany asked in an annoyed tone. 

"We don't want to spoil your date any longer." Seohyun added wtih her hands on her hips.

Jessica and Yoona ignored the two girls and left first.

Jessica turned back to look at Seohyun and Tiffany, who was slowly following them from behind. 

"Where did they get the idea that we're dating?" Jessica asked Yoona.

Yoona shrugged. "I don't know. Where did you park?"

"I came with Tiffany. Can you give me a ride home later?"

"Sure. But I'm curious. Are you dating Tiffany?"

"No." Jessica quickly answered.

"Really? Even after all the lovey-dovey things she did for you this past month?"

Jessica stayed quiet. 

"Jessica. We're not getting any younger. We should hold onto love when we get a second chance."

"Hard to do when the trust is broken."

"I know." Yoona sighed. "Gosh. What are we going to do?"

"Just follow our hearts."

-----------------------------------------------------------

*2 days later*

Jessica read the tag that was attached to the flowers that she had just received. 

Sorry for everything. Forgive me? :( - Tiffany

Jessica smiled and just then she received a text from Tiffany. 

You still love me right? You're not dating Yoona right?

"This is ridiculous. Why would I date my best friend?" Jessica said aloud to no one.

Another text: I miss you. I hope you enjoy the lunch I made for you.

"What lunch?" 

Just then, there was a knock on her door. 

"Prosecutor Jung. A woman sent this for you." Her assistant informed as she handed Jessica a lunch box. 

Jessica took the lunch pack. "Who was it?"

"Tiffany Hwang."

*Lunch time*

Jessica laid out the contents of the lunch. It consisted of kimbap, fried eggs (burnt eggs), rice with peas that were organized to form a heart, and fish cake.

"You're really going to eat all that?" Yoona skeptically asked as she looked at each food item and poked it with the chopstick. "Is it edible?"

"Shut up." Jessica pushed Yoona away. "If you have nothing better to say then leave."

"No. I want to stay and watch your demise." Yoona said with a grin. 

"Tiffany makes the best and most delicious food ever!"  Jessica defended. 

"Psh! I would believe that if you didn't have diarrhea the last time you ate her porridge."

"You're just jealous."

"Why would I be jealous when Hyunnie makes edible and safe food for me to eat?"

Jessica scoffed. "That's because she buys it from the restaurant."

"Exactly! But today I'm in the same boat as you! Ta-dah!!!" Yoona showed Jessica a lunch pack that Seohyun had packed for her and laid it out on the table as well. 

"Wow...she cooked it?"

"Yeah. But I know that it'll taste delicious." Yoona said, although it was more to convince herself then Jessica.

"Why don't we find out then?" Jessica suggested as she picked up her chopsticks.

"Yeah. Bring it on!"

Just then Jessica received another text from Tiffany.

Hope you like the food. Thought of you the whole time I was cooking. <3

Jessica smiled at Tiffany's warm text and turned to look at Yoona, who had the same expression on her face. "Text from Seohyun as well?"

Yoona nodded. "Now let's eat!"

What happened next? Let's just say..their whole day consisted of spending most time in the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Jessica!" Tiffany waved hysterically upon seeing Jessica outside of her apartment complex.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica asked perplexed. 

"Send you to work. You've told me to take a break from chauffeuring you for a week and since its been a week, I'm back!" Tiffany gleefully stated. 

"I've never seen you so persistent." Jessica said with a smile as Tiffany the car engine. 

"Well, you are the cause of it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's the occasion?" Jessica looked at the rose that Tiffany had given her before they embarked on their journey to the movies. 

"Nothing. I just wanted to give you a rose." Tiffany said with a shy smile as she took a quick look at Jessica and turned her focus back to the road.

"Thank you. It's beautiful."

"So what movie should we watch?" Jessica asked as she scanned the list of movies. 

"What do you want to watch?"

"I have no preference."

"Okay. What about Transformers: Age of Extinction?"

"Sure. But I thought you don't like actions movies?"

"I make an exception when it comes to Transformers." Tiffany replied with a smile. 

"I didn't know that. Good thing I came on this date with you tonight." Jessica bluntly answered, not realizing how her words affected Tiffany. 

"Da-date?"

"Isn't this a date? You asked me out didn't you?"

Tiffany smiled and nodded her head. "I did ask you out and this is definitely a date. I just didn't think you'll like me referring to it as a date."

"Hm? Why not?"

"Because you're going out with Yoona?"

"What?! Hahahaha." 

"What's so funny?"

Jessica stopped laughing to look at Tiffany. "Tiffany. I don't know where you got that ridiculous notion that I'm dating Yoona."

"You're not?"

Jessica waved her hands in front of her to deny such claim. "Of course not! She's my best friend since childhood! Dating her would be like dating my sister!"

"Really?" Tiffany asked, hope raising up again. "So you're not dating her?"

"No."

"Yoona and you are just friends?"

"Strictly friends."

"Then I can do what I want with you and not feel guilty?"

"Unless you're planning to do something illegal then no." Jessica joked. "So Transformers right? The next show is in 25 minutes. You okay with that?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Let's get in line then."

And just as Jessica was going ot walk away, Tiffany held her hands and intertwined their hands together. Jessica was taken aback by such bold actions.

"Since you're single, and I'm not relationship wrecker, I want to do this. Actually, I've always wanted to hold your hands. I hope you don't mind." Tiffany admitted wiht a shy smile. 

Jessica should deny Tiffany of such actions. She shouldn't be so nice to Tiffany and she sure as hell shouldn't even allow Tiffany to think that she's slowly winning Jessica over again. But how can she when she seems so helpless in front of Tiffany?

"Not at all." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yah! Who do you think you are trying to flirt with my girlfriend?!!" Seohyun's voice echoed throughout the club as she pushed the woman in front of her. 

"Girlfriend? Both of them said they  were single."

Seohyun glared at the woman before turning to Yoona and Jessica. "Is this true?"

"Well..." Yoona and Jessica started off. 

"She enjoyed the kiss as much as I did. Right Jessica?" Tiffany looked at the woman who dared to even think that she could even say such lies and try to touch her Jessi!

"Yah! We did not kiss!" Jessica defended herself. 

"We can continue our 'did not' somewhere else and make it a 'did'. Most preferably my apartment." The woman suggested with a wink. Jessica shuddered at such horrible attempt at seducing her. 

"You too Yoona-sshi. I'll make you forget the whole world." The other woman seductively suggested as she winked at Yoona as well. 

"She aint going with a b***ch like you!" Seohyun yelled and punched the woman in the jaws. "Stay away from my girlfriend!"  Seohyun then stormed out from the club with Yoona in towed, still amazed at Seohyun's violence. 

"We should leave too Tiffany." Jessica reached for Tiffany but Tiffany quickly ran and punched the woman who had forced herself on Jessica earlier. 

Everyone one in the club gasped and 'ooo' while Jessica widened her eyes in shock and immediately pulled Tiffany out from the club.

-------------------------------

"Let go of me!" Tiffany struggled to pull her wrist out from Jessica's hold but to no success. When Jessica could no longer stand Tiffany's outbursts and brought them to a secluded area, she finally let go of Tiffany.

"What the hell was that?!!!" Jessica demanded to know as she looked down at Tiffany like a mother to her child who was being naughty.

"I punched that b**ch. What did it look like?" Tiffany said in annoyance as she rubbed her wrist.

"I know you did. But was that really necessary?"

Tiffany looked at Jessica in disbelief. "She forced herself on you Jessica! You expect me to stay back and do nothing?!"

Jessica crossed her arms and took a deep breath before speaking. "You and Seohyun brought this upon yourselves. Why were the both of you at the club?"

Tiffany turned away, not wanting to answer.

"Oh. So you're ignoring me now? Then why did you bother calling me to come to the club if you're just going to be like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like a child. Don't play this push and pull game with me Tiffany. I've had enough of it." 

"So I'm a child now?" 

"Yes you are." Jessica said and sighed as she pinched her nose bridge. "Listen. What are you trying to do? If you and Seohyun wanted to come to the club for fun, then just leave me and Yoona out of it. Why call us and spoil your fun?"

"You really don't know?" Tiffany asked grimly, still refusing to look at Jessica. 

"No. I don't."

Tiffany let out a bitter chuckle before finally looking at Jessica with glistening eyes. "I just wanted your attention."

"By telling people that we're dating?"

"It's true though!" 

"..."

Tiffany slowly walked up to Jessica to lessen teh distance. "Jessica. I wanted to make you jealous."

"What?" Jessica was confused. Why would she do that?

"You may think I'm stupid for trying to do such thing but it was the only way for me to know if you still cared for me and loved me. It's been 5 months and I feel-I feel scared. I don't know how you feel anymore. You might think I'm impatient and that 5 months is nothing compared to the s**t I've put you through but this is how I feel. I'm scared and insecure. But I'm not giving up." Tiffany began sobbing and no matter how hard she tried to prevent the tears from coming, it just does. 

Jessica felt as if her world has gotten smaller and her heart being torn as she saw Tiffany breaking down in front of her...so raw and vulnerable...that was what Tiffany was at that moment. How she was able to keep up a happy front for all these months in front of Jessica and others was admirable. Jessica has yelled, screamed, pushed, and insulted Tiffany to the point that she would have just given up. Anyone would have. She's a prosecutor for god's sake...she can make lies in the blink of an eye and appear to be truthful. But Tiffany...she is just so persistent and devoted...

Tiffany has definitely proven herself but it was Jessica who was scared. 

Jessica gently pulled Tiffany against her and hugged her. She ran her fingers through Tiffany's soft and silky hair to soothe the woman, which seemed to work. Tiffany, surprised at first by Jessica's first initiated skinship in months, gradually returned the hug. 

"Don't be scared Tiffany. If anyone, I'm the one that should be scared."

"..."

"I've seen all your efforts Tiffany and I believe and know that you love me as much as I love you. But you have to understand that my trust in you has been broken and it's hard to rebuild it."

Tiffany cried even harder upon hearing that. It was all her fault...she and her selfishness!

Jessica held Tiffany tighter as if to soothe her down. "So please give me some time okay? Give us some time."

"Us?" Tiffany whispered as she loosened the hug to look at Jessica. 

Jessica smiled and wiped Tiffany's tears. "Yes. Us."

Tiffany began tearing up again so Jessica hugged her again. "Just listen now." Tiffany nodded her head.

"My mother is a very sensitive topic to me and I don't just tell anyone about her. I trusted you enough to tell you but when you brought her up that night and compared her to me, I didn't know how to feel."

"..."

"But then I began to think that perhaps it was best that you and I went our seperate ways because you will never be able to accept who I am and my family."

Tiffany stirred again, wanting to say something but Jessica held her in place. 

"And then you told me you loved and will prove it to me. I didn't know what to do anymore because I began to have doubts of my decision to leave you and never show myself again. But in the end, my heart won and I stayed, allowing you to show yourself to me. And I'm happy that I did. I now know that you love me Tiffany."

"But-"

Tiffany tightened her hold on Jessica when she heard that word. "-but my family background...I don't know if you really accept it. It's one thing to accept my love and it's another to accept everything about me. Do you understand? I wish that I can change my family but I can't.  She's still my mother and I love her alot. And I wouldn't want to change my past because it made me into what I am today."

Tiffany slowly loosened the hug again to hold Jessica's face in her hands. 

"I understand Jessica. But I want you to understand this: I love you and that comes with no conditions. I will love you for all that you are and I will wait until you are able to fully trust me again. I don't want you to change anything about yourself because I love you just the way you are." Tiffany softly stated as she wiped tears from Jessica's face. "So from now on, don't be scared. I'm not leaving your side and you sure as hell better not leave me." She joked with a smile. 

"Deal." Jessica responded with a smile as she lovingly ran a hand down Tiffany's hair. 

"That's all you're going to do?"

"What?"

Tiffany pouted. "I cried for you, gave you a very romantic speech and you're not even going to kiss me?"

Jessica laughed at Tiffany's sweet yet childish complaint. "You're fantastic."

"I know. Now kiss me."

Jessica was more than happy to oblige. She slowly leaned down and captured Tiffany's lips, allowing the love that she felt to flow through the kiss. And Tiffany didn't hesitate to do the same. Both of them couldn't be happier...

But will it last?

 

One missed call from Yoona

One voice message from Yoona :

Jessica. We have two days before the operation in Busan. We're leaving earlier then planned to make some more preparations and training.

Make sure to say all your good-byes before then because it seems like this will be one of the most dangerous operations yet. Don't forget. I'll see you then.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JeTi is sailing smooth again...but for how long? A fantastic dream or nightmare? Tragedy or happy ending?? 

One more chapter. :D 

until then....-anightangel