Fantastic 4

FANTASTIC

Second to last chapter. :D Thank you for all the support.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tiffany.  Are you alright?" 

Tiffany looked up from her plate of food that she had been poking with her fork to stare at her mother. "I'm alright mom." She replied with a small smile. "I'm just not hungry." Tiffany added and set down her utensils. 

Tiffany's mom was concerned about her daughter. Tiffany has been acting strange for the past few days and seemed to be bothered about something. Tiffany's mom sighed and looked at her husband and with her eyes, told him it's his turn. 

"Tiffany honey. What's wrong?" Mr. Hwang tried his luck. "Are you stressed about work?"

Tiffany shook her head and gave both her parents a reassuring smile. "I'm fine. Its just that these past few days I've been a little stress about the new project that I've been put in charge of."

"In that case, I will assign more people to help you and Seohyun. Both of you guys need to be healthy to continue working."

"No. It's fine. The people we have now are very helpful and everyone are doing their best. I'm probably just tired due to overworking these past days too. Don't worry about me." 

Although Mr. and Mrs. Hwang could only nod their heads to Tiffany's claim, it was hard to believe. Tiffany never overworks unless something or someone is causing her distress.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next Day*

"Excuse me?"

The concierge looked up from her documents and smiled at the beautiful woman standing in front of her. "May-may I help you?"

"May I meet with Vice-President Hwang?" The beautiful blonde woman wearing a white tee with a blue hoodie, black skinny jeans and a pair of converse, asked the dumbfounded concierge. "Excuse me?" The blonde woman repeated herself.

"Uh-uh yes. I will check to see if she's available. What is your name?"

The blonde smiled slightly before answering. "Jessica Jung."

*Same day- 30  minutes later*

Jessica was currently standing in the middle of the park, fiddling with the hem of her hoodie as she smiled nervously at the brunette standing before her with anger written all over her face. 

"Explain yourself." Tiffany grimly demanded as she continued to stare at Jessica, not caring about how uncomfortable Jessica felt. 

Jessica stopped her actions immediately and decided to take the consequences as a 'woman' and as the strong and fearless Prosecutor Jessica Jung. But as soon as Jessica took another glance at Tiffany, she cowered. 

'I'm so dead.' Jessica thought to herself. "Um-I- uh-"

"I'm waiting." Tiffany bitterly retorted as she continued to stare down at Jessica. 

Jessica took a deep breath. "What do you want me to explain?"

"I don't know...maybe about your sudden disappearance?! And the fact that you didn't contact me for a two weeks?!" Tiffany reminded with her raised voice. "Do you want me to repeat myself?"

Jessica immediately shook her head. "Sorry. Dumb question."

"Good thing you know. And I'm still waiting."

"After that night, I had to leave for an operation. It wasn't suppose to be for  another three days but due to some unseen circumstances, the team had to be assembled and leave within two days. And the operation took longer than I had anticipated. I'm sorry if I worried you." Jessica apologized and felt extremely guilty for causing so much emotional distress on Tiffany.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"..."

"If you had told me, I wouldn't have been so concerned about you. You disappeared so sudden that I thought something had happened to you. Not just that,but I thought you changed your mind about us. Do you know how worried I was when I went to your work place and was told that you were on an indefinite leave?!" Tiffany yelled. 

Jessica panicked and stepped forward to soothe Tiffany but the latter stepped backwards to avoid contact. "No! You listen! I'm not done!"

"The first two days I thought you left to sort out your feelings after our abrupt confession that night. But no matter how much I called or texted you, you didn't care to respond. Everyday I went to your work, hoping that you would have returned but you didn't. Even Krystal didn't know where you were. And that's not all. I literally freaked out and panicked when I found out from Seohyun that Yoona had been missing from the same time you were. How do you think I would feel huh?!" Tiffany yelled, no longer fighting back her tears. And as her tears flowed down endlessly down her eyes, Jessica's heart ached. 

"Tiffany. I'm sorry.I'm so sorry.  I wanted to tell you before I left but at the same time, I couldn't." Jessica could only answer, not wanting to tell Tiffany the truth behind her decision. "And to make sure that all officers stayed focused during this operation, everyone had to leave their phones behind."

Tiffany scoffed. "I don't care anymore." She bitterly said, causing Jessica to be a little apprehensive. 

"Tiffany."

Tiffany quickly wiped her tears and looked at Jessica. "I guess I was the only one serious about the words that was said that night."

"That's not it Tiffany." Jessica tried to contain the situation before it got any worse. "I meant everything I said that night!"

"..."

"Tiffany."

"It's fine." Tiffany spoke, a bit more calm this time.

"Huh?" Jessica was confused at Tiffany's sudden change of mood and words.

"We're not dating and we have no relationship."

"Tiffany. Please. I know that I'm at fault but trust me, I had my own reasons. It's not that I don't care or love you. I just didn't want you to get involved." Jessica whispered the last sentence. "I really love you."

Tiffany wiped some more tears from her eyes and took a breath. "Let's just forget everything and go seperate ways."

Jessica looked at Tiffany's back taht was turned to her. "How-how can you say that to me? I apologized for what I did. Why don't you listen to me?!"

Tiffany remained silent, listening to Jessica's words. 

"What more do you- ahh." Jessica suddenly placed her hand over her left abdomen and closed her eyes in pain before quickly opening them again. "-what else do you want me to say? I already told you why I was gone and why I couldn't contact you."

"..." Tiffany didn't say anything and just walked away. It was too much to take in right now. She felt like Jessica was hiding something from her. Does Jessica not trust her? Was Jessica's feelings out of pity? Will Jessica fight for her?

"If this is what you really want then fine! I will follow your wish. We'll go our seperate ways and forget everything!" Jessica yelled back toward Tiffany's retreating figure. "Good-bye Tiffany Hwang!!!!"

Tiffany immediately stopped in her tracks when she heard Jessica's last words. 'Good-bye Tiffany Hwang!"

For some reason, the moment she heard those words, all her bitter emotions and anger flushed away. 

"Jessica." 

Tiffany immediately turned around, hoping that Jessica was still there...but she was wrong.

"Jessica!" Tiffany was running now, looking for Jessica. "Jessica!!!" She yelled once more when she reached the spot that they were at earlier. "Jessica!!! Jessica!!!"

Tiffany was terrified. She ran her hand throug her hair in frustration. Jessica was gone. Because of her, Jessica really left. Tiffany broke down and fell to the grass, as she cried into her arms. Not caring about the stares she got from passerbys. 

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

Tiffany looked at her phone and saw that it was Jessica calling. "Jessica!" Tiffany excitedly yelled into the phone.

"Sorry but is this Tiffany Hwang?" a man's voice asked from the other line. 

"Yes. Who this?" Tiffany said, a bit calmer and suspicious.

"I'm Prosecutor Park. I work with Prosecutor Jung and Prosecutor Im."

"Ah. Is there a reason why you are calling me?"

" I would like to talk to you about Prosecutor Jung. Is it possible for me to meet you today?"

"Why?"

"You see. Prosecutor Jung has been missing from the hospital since this morning."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Tiffany Hwang?"

"Yes." Tiffany immediately sat down on the sofa and anxiously waited for Prosecutor Park to explain himself.  "What do you mean Prosecutor Jung has been missing?"

Prosecutor Park frowned. "Prosecutor Jung didn't tell you too?"

"What are you talking about?"

Prosecutor Park suddenly chuckled as he shook his head. "I may be their superior but Prosecutor Jung and Prosecutor Im can be very stubborn."

"What do you mean?"

"I assume you are the woman Prosecutor Jung has talked about so much. Did you by chance, meet her today?"

"..."

"Your silence means yes. Alright, did she tell you about the operation that she had to participate in?"

"Not really. She didn't go into details."

"I'll be honest with you Ms. Hwang. That operation was one of the most dangerous and the chances of survival was slim."

Tiffany clenched her fist as she waited for his next words. 

"We were not allowed to communicate with anyone in fear that it will cause harm and to keep our officers focused on the task. If I'm correct, Prosecutor Jung didn't contact you for about two weeks right?"

"Yes."

Prosecutor Park sighed and rested his chin against his fold hands. "Prosecutor Jung and Prosecutor Im were fatally wounded during the operation."

Tiffany gasped and she felt like every air in her body had left. 

"Prosecutor Jung was shot in her abdomen with a hollow-jacket bullet. This meant that the damage was more profound on Prosecutor Jung's internal organs. Prosecutor Im was shot in the chest, the bullet barely missing her heart. The bullet-proof bullet's affect on both officers were damaging. Both had to undergo surgery as soon as possible. We completed the mission in one night but both Prosecutor Jung and Im had to stay an additional  two weeks in the hospital to recover."

Prosecutor Park handed Tiffany a kleenex before continuing. "I told both of them to contact you and Ms. Seo but they didn't want to worry you both. They knew the risks of the operation and yet they still went through with it."

Tiffany was tearing up now as she thought of Jessica's words.

 I wanted to tell you before I left but at the same time, I couldn't

 It's not that I don't care or love you. I just didn't want you to get involved.

"She-I met her before you called." Tiffany finally confessed.

Prosecutor Park's eyes lightened up. "That's great! Do you know where she is? She's not fully recovered."

Tiffany sadly shook her head, causing Prosecutor Park to fall back on his chair in displeasure again. "I'm going to kill those two when I catch them. I didn't think they were serious."

"Why did she leave the hospital?" Tiffany managed to ask. 

"Yesterday, Prosecutor Jung told me that she had to visit someone who's really special and important to her. And that she can't let that person wait for her anymore."

"Re-really?" Tiffany asked as more tears fell on her hands. 

"You and Ms. Seo don't know this but, those two really love you guys."

"..."

"When I asked Prosecutor Jung why she didn't tell you about her departure, she wouldn't tell me. But I already know the answer."

"Why not?"

Prosecutor Park smiled at Tiffany. "I'm going to tell you what I told Ms. Seo."

Tiffany listened intently 

"I've been a prosecutor for over 20 years Ms. Hwang. And I have come to understand and read people like a book."

"..."

"In our field of work, everyday is a miracle. Life is never taken for granted. There is no doubt that Jessica loved you dearly. But to tell you about the low probability of her survival during this mission, it would have been too painful. Sometimes, its better to leave without any words. Having love ones waiting for you is so much more painful."

Tiffany was sobbing more now. Prosecutor Park stood up and patted her back. 

"But she did tell me this: 

I finally met a fantastic person in my life that is willing to accept me for who I am. But I don't want to keep her waiting for me and give her false hope if I were to die. But because of her, I will live and perhaps, she's the sole reason why I'm still alive."

"Those were the words she told me." Prosecutor Park stated. "Have a good-night Ms. Hwang."

As soon as he left, Tiffany broke down in the office, crying her heart out as Jessica's words rang through her head again.

"I really love you."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jessica." Tiffany cried and spoke to no one in particular. "Jessica. I'm sorry. Please-please come back. I-I love you too." Tiffany muttered as she could no longer control herself, allowing more tears to escape from her eyes. That is until she heard a voice and felt a touch on her shoulder that brought a sharp chill throughout her body.

"Tiffany?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One more chapter....so...I know..drama drama. lol.  See you soon. :D 

Who is that person????