Chapter -7-

Waltz

Title: Waltz

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length:  6032Words (7/11)

Genres: Romance

Summary: Baek Hyun has been getting relentless calls from a strange number at the strangest times and he decided to post the contact number on some gay dating website for the calls to stop. It was supposed to work, goddamnit.

Warning: Un-beta

 

===

 

By the time Chan Yeol had called him, it was already 8.30pm and Baek Hyun still had plenty of unfinished assignments left. He was already so ing tired, but unbeknownst to him, hunger had become a betraying priority to his mind.

 

Kyung Soo had went back earlier, telling him that he was coming back later around ten to finish up some other things. They’ve decided that they will stay until after midnight again, probably after two because the workload was crazy, and time was precious indeed. Both of them had agreed to head for Baek Hyun’s place after that, seeing that Kyung Soo had no car and the last train will leave at midnight. Baek Hyun didn’t really know that he was really honourable like this in being so kind to his cubicle-mate –the thought will surely bring tears to his grandmother’s eyes, no doubt.

 

He and Kyung Soo had agreed to just go to the office together the next day.

 

It was a miracle that Kyung Soo had agreed at all, but Baek Hyun was not going to question him about it.

 

It was 8.45pm when he reached the bus stand and at that time, Chan Yeol was already standing against his car with a cigarette hung between his lips. He was looking at his phone, hands diligent in replying some text and Baek Hyun wondered if somewhere out there was there another Baek Hyun? Someone Chan Yeol went to daily with food and smile and comfort?

 

He didn’t like that train of thought, and was glad that Chan Yeol had looked up with his usual blinding watts smile when he approached the man.

 

It was worrying how Baek Hyun didn’t feel as annoyed at his smiles as a matter of late, finding instead comfort and warmth and strange fuzz at the pit of his stomach. He felt nauseated too at the same time, contrasting with his comfort. It was as if he can vomit his guts out at any point because it was weird and so alien that Baek Hyun couldn’t do anything, but to just let it burn him whole.

 

This can’t be just attraction.

 

He wasn’t even attracted to him.

 

It can’t be.   

 

“Oh, you’re here.” The younger had said, tossing his cigarette bud carelessly to the ground before stepping over it, amber splattered all over and Baek Hyun didn’t know why he felt sorry for the discarded bud. It probably because it reminded him of whatever was left of his sanity and dignity.  

 

Ah, it was so nice to be young like Chan Yeol –so carefree.

 

“I’m not sorry you have to wait though.” Baek Hyun told him and gave the man an once-over, appreciating the green camouflage oversized hoody with the hood covering his head, black cap atop of the hood and his red hair was a great contrast with his fair skin. His skinny jeans were black and he had worn some metallic silver high top sneakers.

 

Chan Yeol gave him a smug look in return, as if he liked the way the elder’s eyes were drinking him up and Baek Hyun looked away after that, scanning over the complex across the road before looking back to the man. Chan Yeol was still staring, but Baek Hyun was good at ignoring that fact, no matter.

 

“What do you feel like having?” Chan Yeol had asked good-naturedly, hands now stuffed into the front pocket of his hoody and his shoulders had slouched forward. He looked so relaxed and Baek Hyun cursed the hoody to world’s end because the man had worn the zipless type, collar hanged a little too low that his delicious fair clavicle was all out for Baek Hyun’s eyes to gobble at.

 

“You.”

 

It was hard to hold himself from saying that out loud, what the was wrong with him? He instead settled for a tired sigh, safe –a neutral ground.

 

“How about we go somewhere near? I still have a lot of things to do.”

 

===

 

In the end, they just went to the Italian-Asian fusion restaurant in the complex right across Baek Hyun’s workplace. It was near, and the elder was already familiar with the menu so he won’t take as much time to order.

 

Chan Yeol however was wearing a pinched look, scanning through the menu as if all the listed foods were foreign to him. It probably was, he looked troubled and miserable too, and Baek Hyun suddenly thought that this was the best decision he made all day. He couldn’t help the grin that suddenly spreading out over his face.

 

The tall man was too engrossed into the menu to even spare him a glance. He finally huffed out before tossing the menu across the table with a frown. It made him looked really young, brash, and Baek Hyun wished he can spit on his face or something because his chest was jumping again and he wanted to smash his head against the wall too if it wasn’t too much.

 

“So, have you decided on your food?” Baek Hyun asked blankly, phone vibrating in his pocket and he took out the device. It was a text message.

 

“Yeah,” Chan Yeol sighed out. “Bibimbap.” He grunted and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Baek Hyun snorted out in return.

 

“There is no such thing here.”

 

“Then you order for me. I don’t like Italian food.” Chan Yeol huffed again and he looked like nothing, but a perfect image of a rotten child.

 

“Don’t be a pain in the , Chan Yeol, just order something.” Baek Hyun sighed out and he finally unlocked his phone. Face automatically burned up at the text message and he hunched over, hastily flipping the phone over on the table as if fearing that anybody might stumble upon the message.

 

His heart was banging against his ribcage, his feet had turned cold and his palms were sweaty, damnit. Chan Yeol was giving him a strange look and even his face was slowly turning into a sceptical one, eyebrows furrowed and the frown line deepened.

 

Baek Hyun straightened up after that.

 

“What’s up with you?” The boy asked and Baek Hyun had quickly shaken his head.

 

“Nothing.” He said, biting his tongue after that because it was too quick to be nothing and Chan Yeol looked as if he was about to question further, but the elder had quickly called the waiter over.

 

“The –” he heard the younger started and Baek Hyun was quick to ignore that.

 

“Sautéed mushroom for starter and two Spaghetti aglio e olio. With the butter prawns. And Coke. Two Coke.” 

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: -Unknown number-

Time: 8:58 PM

Text: I’m , are you ? Because I am and I need an . Come over Byun, let’s have like how we used to. Be the monkey to my inner gorilla.  ;)

   

He will kill someone that night.

 

===

 

He went home that night sometime close to three with Kyung Soo.

 

Baek Hyun went directly to his room, leaving Kyung Soo to drop his thing off in the living room. This place used to be his anyway, Kyung Soo was already familiar with the layout of the apartment.

 

He walked to his closet, picking up a pair of fresh boxer shorts from the pile of neatly folded ones in one of the drawers and also took a folded sleeping tee and shorts.

 

His closet was actually built into the wall, akin to that of walk-in closet in square. Its length was half of his room and its depth was only a metre or so. The interior was simple, versatile even, with rods screwed from one side of the wall to another for all his hanged clothes. Beneath them, towards the bottom quarter were lined with drawers of the sort, panelled in dark coloured wood in contrast to the off-white carpeting of the whole room.

 

He might not look like it, but Baek Hyun was actually a very much organised person. He blamed it on his mother for always nagging at him as if he was a daughter instead of the very masculine son that he was. Jong Dae said that he might have a little of OCD, but that was not true at all.

 

It was true, that Baek Hyun liked organising his stuff according to their types and his closet too was just like that –one side for his tee, one side for his working shirt, another for his casual ones, then his work pants, his jeans, his khakis and such. Then there was his ties hanger, his colognes on top of one of the drawers, then his folded boxers in the drawer, his folded sleeping tees and his folded shorts. 

 

Baek Hyun didn’t like his place to be messy, but he definitely wasn’t obsessive either. He just wanted to make his life easier.

 

The sliding doors were actually mirrors, with his bed ten feet away from it. There were windows next to the bed and on the wall across of his bed hanged a huge plasma TV. Once, when Baek Hyun was friskier, he used to watch from them shamelessly while . But now, he was far too jaded to even connect his laptop using the HDMI and he would usually just sleep his off.

 

He didn’t want to question what was becoming of him.   

 

Because he was young after all, but still

 

His hair was still wet from the shower when his phone rang. He just settled into the bed, duvet covering from his waist down, and Kyung Soo was ironing his shirt in the laundry room.

 

He answered the phone with sweaty palms.

 

“Hello?” he asked.

 

Chan Yeol’s voice sounded wonderful from the other side.

 

“Miss me?” He asked, voice deep and Baek Hyun thought that his face felt a little hot.

 

“No,” He denied, because yes, he didn’t miss the man, but he knew he would be lying if he said the man wasn’t a constant presence in his head.

 

He had already lain down, head against the soft pillow, and he had used his free hand to fist a patch of the duvet atop of his torso.

 

“I’m gonna be the mature one here and admit that I miss you.” Chan Yeol laughed, burning Baek Hyun’s face further and the elder groaned out after that.


What the was wrong with him? Why was he acting like this and why was Chan Yeol being this way?

 

“Don’t you have studying to do? Thought you said you have midterm.” He grunted out.

 

“I do, I’m studying now, but just wanna hear your voice for a bit.”

 

“Wow, Chan Yeol, that’s not creepy at all.”

 

“C’mon man, give a guy some credit.” Chan Yeol whined. “What’s wrong with me wanting to talk to you anyway?”

 

Well, everything was, but Baek Hyun was too tired for complicating thoughts.

 

It was then that Kyung Soo walked in with heavily lidded eyes and pale face. His shoulders were a little slouched and he had worn a pair of grey pyjama pants and white short sleeved tee. His physique was small, his shoulders, his waist, his body, and Baek Hyun almost chocked on his own spit when he thought that his cubicle-mate actually looked adorable this way, less murderous and nicer.

 

Kyung Soo didn’t say anything as he climbed up the bed from next to the elder, pushing himself under the duvet and he hissed at Baek Hyun because the other man had initially lain in the middle of the bed, hogging most of the space because he was used to being alone so much, he’d forgotten how to share at all.

 

“Scoot over,” Kyung Soo groaned out, “Don’t hog up the whole bed, Baek Hyun-ssi.” The man sighed out and Baek Hyun made a face, but he moved towards his side at least.

 

“Whoa, hold up, do you have someone in bed with you?” Chan Yeol’s tone was accusatory, hostile even, but Baek Hyun marked it off as him being shocked.

 

He moved from the bed, getting up and head towards the door, grunting at the psycho’s order of “Switch off the light on your way out.” In which he did just that.

 

“Yeah, I do.” He said as he settled on the couch. The TV wasn’t on, and everything was quiet. “It’s Kyung Soo. I invited him to sleep over because we have so much work to do today and it was very late by the time we’re half finished.”

 

Baek Hyun didn’t understand his need to explain this to Chan Yeol, but he still felt high anyway.

 

“Oh, I see.” Chan Yeol hummed out from the other side. “Only that? Not something weird or anything?”

 

“Don’t be weird Chan Yeol, there’s nothing appetising about my cubicle-mate at all.” He sighed out and his chest felt tight when the other man laughed out.

 

“I’m glad then.”

 

They bid each other good night after that, with Chan Yeol needing to wrap up his revision and Baek Hyun’s need to sleep.

 

That night he slept with something akin to a lovestruck giddiness at the text message he received.

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 4:15 AM

Text: I know you miss me too. See you tomorrow! Be careful not to get killed in your sleep! :)

 

===

 

They have a new intern joining their team a week after that. It was September and the man’s name was Huang Zi Tao.

 

See, Tao was a nice looking man with a set of heavy eyebags, cat-like smile, sharp eyes and he was tall as . He was only a centimetre or two shorter than Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun had thought, and he was, unfortunately, persistent just as Jong Dae and Chan Yeol were. It was their first day meeting and Tao had been following him around with questions in broken Korean –not because the usage of grammars and such were out of place, but it was more because his Chinese accent was strong and Baek Hyun couldn’t find himself to hate the man at all.

 

He was, for the lack of a better word, cute.

 

Not cute in Chan Yeol’s way (well, it wasn’t as if the college student was even cute if anything, really), but Tao was cute because he was really nice and almost affectionate even. His personality really shone through and he was kind, he was honest.

 

“I don’t understand how he is the same age as Kyung Soo, I mean, he talks nonstop like a rotten five year old.” Baek Hyun told Chan Yeol without any spite, to be quite honest. They were on the sofa across the TV four days later.

 

There were few takeaways of caramel pudding on the coffee table, this time, Baek Hyun was the one who brought them home instead of poaching off of food from a 21 year-old college student. It felt good to bring something home this time, he felt like a true adult –real man indeed.

 

Chan Yeol hadn’t responded, quiet as he slurped the pudding off of his spoon. Granted, they were soft and mushy, but Baek Hyun thought that that couldn’t be a way for a person to truly enjoy the dessert. It sounded disgusting.

 

“Stop it.” He said quickly without even realising it.

 

“Hmm? What?” Chan Yeol drawled out in response, tone bored as he was immersed into the show on the TV.

 

“Stop slurping on the pudding.” He countered and leaned forward, upper body half bending and he turned his head towards the other man.

 

Chan Yeol was leaning against the couch on Baek Hyun’s right side. He had bended his right knee onto the couch, leaning them against the armrest and he looked really laid back in his grey sweat pants and black tee. The short sleeves had been rolled up, his biceps were no joke.

 

“Why are you dressing like this?”

 

“Oh this? Just came back from playing with my friends.”

 

“Playing?”

 

“Basketball.”

 

“Oh, I didn’t know you can play.”

 

“There’s nothing much for me to show off anyway.”

 

“Well, you must , I can tell.”

 

“Meh, if it’s anything, back in high school my team actually represented our district for the Winter Cup, we didn’t won though, only 2nd place, but it was cool.”

 

“Show off.”

 

“I don’t take insult pretty well.”

 

“Then how do you eat this thing then? I don’t like it when the spoon clanks up against my teeth and stuff like that.” Chan Yeol said with a frown, aggravating the elder more with the whiny undertone to his voice. It made him shiver. Like the type of shiver with black clouds and lighting all above his head and typhoon at his back.

 

He sounded crazy.

 

“Well, you know, you can just scoop the pudding with the spoon and, well, have your tongue them out or something.”

 

But now, Chan Yeol looked at Baek Hyun as if he was the crazy one. What, with the snarl and judgemental eyes and all.

 

“That’s disgusting.”

 

“It’s definitely better than your slurping sound.” Baek Hyun groaned and turned to the coffee table for the remote control, only to realise that it was way too far from his grasp that he’ll probably have to stand up to retrieve it. He decided that it was a waste of time and leaned back against the chair with a defeated sigh. Shoulders slouched and hands each at his side with his palms facing up.

 

He was too old for this .

 

“What’s wrong with my slurping sound?” Chan Yeol asked from next to him.

 

“It’s disgusting, stop trying to contradict me.”

 

The younger gave him a thoughtful look. He leaned forward to place the bowl he’d used for the pudding on the coffee table before leaning back against the couch and just stared at the elder. It was unnerving. Baek Hyun didn’t like being scrutinised like that, and Chan Yeol did just that. As if he was trying to uncode the elder or something, but he was just too lazy to even reprimand the tall man from doing so.   

 

Chan Yeol looked away after a while, which was a relief, but that was before he scoot closer to the elder. Like, really close, that his shoulder was only a breadth away from Baek Hyun’s and he felt like balling up to himself, face paling up, when the younger turned back to him with an intense look.

 

“Err, what are you doin –”

 

“Hey, Baek Hyun-nie, are you ually frustrated?”

 

Baek Hyun reeled back at the directness of his question, too shocked he was that he didn’t even thought about lecturing the man for the usage of nie again instead of hyung and stuff. There was no cynical undertone to his voice, in fact, Chan Yeol only sounded genuinely curious, which was worst because Baek Hyun was a horrible human being. He felt his face burning up because the tall man was still looking and damn, the way his biceps would flex at each of his movement just made the elder wanted to bury himself.

 

“N-no. I’m not. What sort of question is that?”

 

, he stuttered goddamnit!

 

But Chan Yeol was smirking now. He looked so smug, as if the elder was an opened book, all muscles and veins and blood were out for the tall man to gobble at and Baek Hyun thought that he could vomit at any time soon.

 

Just stop with the staring already!

 

“Oh my,” Chan Yeol huffed out. “You are frustrated.”

 

It was the text message.

 

He swore that the text message was some sort of an unlucky trigger, breaking his dam of patience, unleashing his pent up whatever the frustration and god, why now of all time he had to notice the length of the younger man’s neck. They were long, strong and lean at the same time, and Baek Hyun didn’t think he’d seen any as attractive as those.

 

He wished he could just look away from the man.

 

But damn Chan Yeol for being so attractive and damn himself for actually ualising the still not yet 21 year old man.

 

“I’m not,” Baek Hyun said firmly this time, steeling himself up because no, he was not ually frustrated and no, he did not just ualise the male. He was the mountain, he was destruction, he was avalanche –never forget that, Byun Baek Hyun.  

 

Chan Yeol however only snorted out in return.

 

“Sure you’re not.”

 

Baek Hyun’s palms were cold and sweaty and he wondered if his look actually portrayed his emotion at the moment because he felt faint, as if his blood all had left his body and face, and Chan Yeol was leaning so close to him now with a knowing grin. It looked ugly, but it looked just as hot as too, and Baek Hyun was really confused that he had recoiled so badly from the advances, as if he was trying to push himself into the couch, to be one with the furniture and Chan Yeol looked more comfortable and pleased if anything.

 

“Say, Baek Hyun-nie,” the younger breathed out, warm air puffed out because he was close that every time he breathed, it will fan against his face. Chan Yeol’s thigh was pressed next to the elder’s; his upper body was hovering over Baek Hyun’s. “Do you find me attractive?”

 

Baek Hyun slid down on the chair until he was kneeling on the floor. He quickly straightened up and made a dash to be away from the college student, away from being mind-ed, away from everything. He got away –no, he ran away like the real coward he was, rushing for a sanctuary that was the kitchen and away from the loud cackle on the sofa.

 

He didn’t need to turn around to see the laughing mess of some tall dude who deserved to die. Chan Yeol was wheezing, laughing, cackling, snorting and him.

 

He came back a minute later to the living room, to the still laughing monster with two mugs of warm water from the tap and Chan Yeol wasn’t laughing anymore when he tried to pour the content on the tall man.

 

“That was dangerous, you tard!”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous. It’s room temperature.”

 

“What the man! Are you trying to kill –woah! Woah! Watch out man! What the !”

 

Chan Yeol left four minutes later with his hoody still on the kitchen counter and his Nintendo DS on the coffee table.

 

===

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:15 AM

Text: I’m sorry about the water, though to be fair, it was just tap water.

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:17 AM

Text: lol s’okay. My fault actually, so I’m not even mad at all

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:19 AM

Text: well, you were rude

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:20 AM

Text: For what it’s worth, I thought that you were cute just now, I can’t stop myself

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:27 AM

Text: I’m older than you, don’t say stuff like that.

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:31 AM

Text: Say, if someone hit your face with a pan, what will you do?

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:35 AM

Text: hit them back and bury them alive?

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:37 AM

Text: See, it’s a reflex isn’t it? You won’t stay quiet and you’ll have them known that you’re displeased, won’t you?

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:39 AM

Text: your point being?

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:41 AM

Text: my defence as to why I called you cute. It’s a reflex. You are, and I want you to know.

 

To: Chan Yeol

From: Baek Hyun

Time: 2:49 AM

Text: Smooth, Park, smooth.

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 2:50 AM

Text: I know.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun was not a fool.

 

He might not graduate from his college with a CGPA of 4.0 (Kim Jong Dae) or even 3.68 (Do Kyung Soo), but he was not a fool. He was good at doing his job, bonus was great and he was on his way of becoming an A2 and maybe, next year, a senior too, you know, accountant stuff.

 

And so after the endless cycle of self-reflect and thinking, Baek Hyun came to a horrifying realisation one afternoon a few days later.

 

There was no doubt about his panicky state of heart whenever he saw Chan Yeol, about his instant need to fly so ing high, his need to vomit and how he felt giddy all the time whenever the younger laughed, or when he called his name –

 

He was attracted to Park Chan Yeol.

 

It was not a good realisation, he thought.

 

That’s it.

 

It wasn’t the kind of feeling that would have him running straight to the man’s college (he didn’t even know where the man was studying) and confessed and they will kiss and hug and went back to Baek Hyun’s place, or Chan Yeol’s place (he had no idea where Chan Yeol lived), whatever, before they will engage in a mind-blowing all fireworks and all . Bodily need and stuff and Chan Yeol will say how much he needed the elder and they will cuddle soon after, enjoying the afterglow with the younger pressing his head against the elder’s chest and Baek Hyun will wrap his strong arms around the much bigger man and just –

 

Baek Hyun took a deep calming breath in, face pale and neck hot and he thought that he was going hysterical.

 

It was not okay at all.

 

“Are you all right, Baek Hyun-ssi?”

 

Kyung Soo had asked from next to him with a blank voice and Baek Hyun envy the man for not having to feel. It must be nice, liberating even, and it must not be miserable because heck, Kyung Soo can’t bloody feel.

 

“No, I’m not all right.” he wished he can say that. But he instead plunked his head to the table, filled with manila folder and pens and calculator, with a loud thud, groaning along the way. 

 

He was ed.

 

===

 

Even Lu Han had noticed there was something wrong with him after lunch. Jong Dae wasn’t in the office, again at some client’s place, and Baek Hyun had gone for lunch with Kyung Soo.

 

It was just by pure coincidence that he and Kyung Soo ended up in the elevator with Lu Han and few other auditors and tax personnel and other managers in that crowded space.

 

“You look like a wreck. Or is it the lack of being wrecked that is wrecking you up?”

 

Lu Han’s humour was tasteless and if Baek Hyun’s own manager wasn’t there, he’d probably give some weird rude gesture to the Chinese man to get his feeling across and Lu Han looked so smug about it as if he knew of the younger man’s very predicament.

 

He got lucky, that was all.  

 

Tao was there too, telling Kyung Soo one thing or another and the shorter man looked as if he couldn’t care less. Tao was unfazed by it all however, talking nonstop and giggling occasionally and getting excited for no particular reason. He was in his own world, Baek Hyun thought that he must be one of those special snowflakes.    

 

“I’m going to ignore you, Lu Han.” Baek Hyun grunted out.

 

The taller man was next to him, both of them were against the steel wall, at the corner of the square space, actually, because almost everyone in the elevator were from their department, they all will go out at the same floor as him.

 

“Sure you will,” Lu Han snorted. “You’re good at ignoring people like that.”

 

Baek Hyun wondered if Chan Yeol had taken his lunch yet.

 

===

 

He went back that night to see Chan Yeol sitting again at his usual spot, but this time, with a laptop on his lap and his typing had been furious.

 

It was few minutes after 1am and the tall man was immersed in his work, earphone attached to his ears and Baek Hyun had just stood in the hallway, watching.

 

He always knew that Chan Yeol was attractive, his physique was almost perfect and his smile was charming no matter the black gum. But now, now, Baek Hyun just couldn’t move, stuck on the spot as the realisation of how handsome the man actually was struck him, having him rooted. His still dyed red hair, his thick framed glasses, his simple clothing of just washed blue skinny jeans, his navy blue button up shirt and his black cardigan, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. 

 

Park Chan Yeol was really good looking.

 

The younger hadn’t even realised that Baek Hyun was there, staring and panicking because now the elder thought that he was in a deeper .

 

Because he was really attracted to the college student and he didn’t know what to do about it.

 

“You need a key.” He said after a while.

 

Chan Yeol jumped in his spot, eyes wide and one hand clutched at his chest. His cheeks were a little pink, and Baek Hyun didn’t know since when he had walked so close to the other man anyway.

 

“Don’t do that!” Chan Yeol exclaimed, a little out of breath and Baek Hyun leaned down to see the screen of his laptop, Microsoft Word opened with the title being ‘ng tax assgnmnt’ and he almost smiled.

 

“You need a key.” He repeated as he straightened up, taking out his own set and started to unlock to the door.

 

Chan Yeol pulled his backpack up, slung a strap over a shoulder and pushed the laptop under his arm as he followed the elder in.

 

“Key?” he asked, taking his shoes off and walked to the living room.

 

Baek Hyun was in the laundry room, tossing his tie onto the ironing board and his shirt and under tee into the hamper before walking out of the room with his backpack that he’d left on the dryer earlier. He walked into his room. Chan Yeol was in the kitchen now, probably was taking out the stuff that he was using to prepare the dinner.

 

“It’s been four months and you’ve been sitting your outside of my house every night like the real stalker you are. Can’t imagine my neighbours to like it.” He defended.

 

There was a laugh from the kitchen. Baek Hyun had removed his pants, hanging them back into the closet. They still seemed decent. He can use them again. Taking his usual shorts, tee and boxer, Baek Hyun walked away from there, taking only his boxer and leaving the rest on the bed. He only had his boxer-brief on and he was drowsy with sleep.

 

Chan Yeol was standing by the doorway to the kitchen by the time Baek Hyun walked to the bathroom, which was actually on the wall across the kitchen.

 

“I’m always here late at night anyway,” Chan Yeol said. “No one ever walked out by the time I reached here, so it’s not that bad.” He shrugged before his eyes widened when he saw Baek Hyun. His face flushed a little, red brushing over his cheeks and his eyes had blinked excessively.

 

The elder only raised an eyebrow at the strange showcase, but he shrugged it off as Chan Yeol being shocked over his state of undress.

 

The college student looked away after that, eyes casted to the wall next to the door of the bathroom and Baek Hyun groaned out before shaking his head. He looked at Baek Hyun again before looking away again.

 

“Oh, for the love of god, we’re both male here.” He walked into the bathroom, telling the man, “And I’m getting you a spare key tomorrow.” before closing the door.

 

His face burned after that, back still leaning against the wooden door and he shook his head before rushing to the shower, taking his boxer off along the way.

 

He needed to get a grip of himself.

 

===

 

They went to the locksmith the next day seeing that it was Saturday.

 

Chan Yeol somewhat had agree to pick him up in the morning. His face was bloated, probably from the lack of sleep and Baek Hyun had told him that he looked like a fish. Chan Yeol had said “ you.” to which, Baek Hyun had replied with a “You wish.”

 

Chan Yeol turned away after that, mumbling an “I do.” under his breath and Baek Hyun was more than glad to ignore them. He might hear the wrong thing, it was still morning after all and the possibility of him being delusional was high.  

 

They went for a quick lunch once they were done with the key, ordering two chicken shawarmas and a huge cup of soda each. It was a great day, they had a pleasant conversation and Chan Yeol couldn’t have been more charming.

 

“Stop picking your nose, Chan Yeol, it’s disgusting.”

 

“The itch is killing me. Let me be.”

 

It was 2.15pm when Chan Yeol had followed him up to his apartment, justifying himself with wanting to try out the new set of key to see if they were working or not, and despite the horse of complaints flew out of his mouth, Baek Hyun actually liked that idea very, very much.

 

“It ing worked!” Chan Yeol beamed up and Baek Hyun only shook his head.

 

They had bought few groceries, which actually consisted of meat, muttons, chicken, few veggies, rice, onions, garlics, salts, eggs and a lot of beers. Chan Yeol was dumping the meats and all into the fridge and Baek Hyun was storing the rest in the cabinet when the younger suddenly turned to him after he was done with a conflicted look.

 

“I have something to ask you.” Chan Yeol said with a firm voice.

 

It actually surprised the elder when he said that. He rarely sounded that serious.

 

“What, that you think I’m hot?” He deadpanned, pulling out an immediate sheepish smile out of the younger and Baek Hyun only groaned out a “Don’t even.” before passing the beers to the tall man. Chan Yeol had efficiently putting them into the fridge and Baek Hyun leaned back against the counter.

 

It was laundry day.

 

“What do you want to ask me?”

 

He needed to do some washing and he needed to change the bedsheets too. It had been three months. Jong Dae will faint if he knew that his best friend had been sleeping in filth this whole time.

 

“I haven’t showered yet.” Chan Yeol said after that and Baek Hyun raised an eyebrow.

 

“So?” he asked because honestly, he didn’t think that he cared enough to know.

 

Chan Yeol still looked appetising, and it disturbed him to no end.

 

“So, can I borrow your shower?” Chan Yeol grinned at him, shoulders slack and arms crossed over his chest. “I brought extra clothing, so don’t worry, I won’t bug you for it.” He said proudly as if the request for a shower at another person’s house was decent in the first place.  

 

Chan Yeol looked hopeful, and Baek Hyun just seemed passive about it all.

 

“You do realise how suspicious this will seem like, right? I mean, if I am to present this in court, this progression will be another downhill for you, you know.”

 

The younger only snorted out in return.

 

“It’s just a shower.” Chan Yeol scowled. “I skipped them this morning because I’d be late to meet up with you, if I hadn’t.” He whined.

 

It was a simple request.

 

Chan Yeol wanted a shower and Baek Hyun wanted to do his laundry, so he didn’t even know how the two things collided and it was 3pm when he dumped the clothes, his and Chan Yeol’s, into the washing machine with a sour looking face.

 

He had never felt so cheated in his life.

 

“I feel so used.”

 

He whined to no one in particular as the washing machine whirred into life.

 

===

 

a/n: OMG! It has been a long time since I uploaded anything here!!! I apologise for that, I have my own reason, and most of them is because of the dramas surrounding exo recently. It all started when Kris left, then Baekhyun’s scandal and of course finally, Luhan’s exit. I honestly felt like giving up on the band at first, but ended up not to because I think it’s a little childish for me to do so.

 

But don’t worry. Will finish this up as I’ve already written Waltz up to chapter 11…! Then there are few others completed project that I will like to share with all of you soon! Hope you’ll like it..!

 

Well, anyway, here’s chapter 7. How was it? Okay? Nay? Please drop me a comment or two to let me know…!

 

Author-nim loves you.

 

-bluecoins