Chapter -9-

Waltz

Title: Waltz

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length:  7124Words (9/11)

Genres: Romance

Summary: Baek Hyun has been getting relentless calls from a strange number at the strangest times and he decided to post the contact number on some gay dating website for the calls to stop. It was supposed to work, goddamnit.

Warning: Un-betaed

 

===

 

“You look miserable today.” Kyung Soo asked with a bored tone.

 

Baek Hyun still had his face plastered to the desk, but he quickly pulled himself away and stared at his cubicle-mate because, damn, Kyung Soo had sounded so, well, light?

 

“Why are you happy?” Baek Hyun asked tiredly, “You’re not supposed to be happy, happy is a myth, happy is all about Jong Dae, we are not happy.” His words were all a jumble of bull anyway and Kyung Soo paid him no heed, flipping through the pages of his manila folder and pulling his calculator close, pressing some random numbers before typing down whatever figure into the Microsoft Excel.

 

Baek Hyun let out a sigh, slouching against his office chair and looked up. The ceiling was white, cornice with no decoration. Plain, just like his face and Baek Hyun couldn’t help the distressed groan he let out.

 

Kyung Soo’s fingers had been frantic, but after a moment, he stopped his typing into the keyboard and turned to face Baek Hyun with a blank face. There was no murderous glint in his eyes, or deep line curving down along his lips –no. Kyung Soo was just blank that day.

 

Even his shoulders weren’t that tense anymore, what the was happening?

 

“Are you alright, Baek Hyun-ssi?” Kyung Soo asked and Baek Hyun was stumped stupid by the gentle tone that he had pushed himself into sitting so upright, gawking over the smaller male and even then, Kyung Soo still looked calm.

 

What the –

 

“What the is going on? Who are you?” He sputtered out in which, had the other man shrugged in return.

 

The world was really coming to an end after all.

 

Do Kyung Soo just shrug his shoulder, looking relaxed about it as if it was the most casual thing to do. Since when did he even do casual?

 

===

 

He went back that night to see that foods were already served on the dining table, which was not much, considering there were only two bowls –one filled with meat and another filled with fried rice. Then there were those smaller half-bowl things for the dipping sauce.

 

Chan Yeol was sitting on the floor by the coffee table, laptop on as he typed into Words with music blaring loudly from his white headphone.

 

Baek Hyun shrugged his backpack onto the couch before slumping over down to lay down on the three-sitter, stomach against the sofa and Chan Yeol was just next to him. The man immediately tensed up, straightening himself up before removing his headphone. He then turned around and grinned wide at the elder, pink tinting his cheeks and the whole room just burned him up.

 

He swore that the cushion was the one warming his face up.

 

“You’re back.” Chan Yeol said out loud and Baek Hyun only hummed back in response.

 

The man placed the headphone on the coffee table before turning around altogether. He leaned his back against the table, knees both pulled to his chest and arms enveloped around the bony structure of his knees. He looked relaxed, hair still a little damp, a clear indication that he must have showered earlier and Baek Hyun wondered what else he will leave behind that night.

 

A new shirt perhaps?

 

A snapback?

 

Hoody?

 

Cardigans?

 

Jacket?

 

Shorts?

 

“At this rate, Chan Yeol, you should just go home . What’s the point of wearing something when you obviously are going to take it off right after?”

 

“It’s nice to hear you being so honest like this, wanting to see me and all.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Why not? We’re going to bone each other senseless soon anyway, why not just speed the process up?”

 

“I thought you’re supposed to court me or something?”

 

“Still in the process baby, I’m on my way.”

 

“You disgust me.”

 

“And yet you want my junk in your .”

 

“Not making things easier for you kid, not even an inch.”

 

“You took a shower?” He asked lazily. His right hand was bent and he had used the back of his palm to cushion his face against the sofa. A habit, really, and Chan Yeol was staring. Like, just staring as if he could stay that way all night.

 

“Yeah, I did.” He smiled. “It was so hot today, I sweat a lot.” The younger whined and Baek Hyun couldn’t help the warmth spreading over his chest.

 

 “I wouldn’t know. Was in the office the whole day, they just serviced the a/c, it was so frickin cold.” Chan Yeol gave him a sour face and the accountant pushed out an arm to flick at his forehead. “Ah, the woes of the unneeded, strayed out in the heat for the dead.” Baek Hyun grinned and Chan Yeol frowned after that.

 

Then there was the silence.

 

It wasn’t awkward, it wasn’t strained.

 

The clock was ticking, time was passing by and there was only a limited amount of them because Baek Hyun needed to be early the next day. It was already 11pm. It was getting late, it really was, but he kinda wanted to stay there too. To be this stagnant, to just stay put and be in the younger’s soft gaze that was eating up at his gut, churning his stomach into that jittery butterfly feeling. It was irritating –the feeling was, but it was very much welcomed, to be this alive again, to have purpose, to be wanted, to be longed for, to be craved for --something and nothing and everything.   

 

“You’re hungry yet?” Chan Yeol asked after a while. “There’s some fried rice and pork! And I made some green lemon tea too. My sister taught me how to do it, it’s awesome.” He said with a proud grin that Baek Hyun once upon a time had hated with his guts, but now, turned into a heap of puddle over it.

 

Like ray, sunshine –he used to hate those things too.

 

“Sure,” Baek Hyun said, not even mentioning how tiring and unhealthy their diet was –to eat grilled meat, the same set of meal every night for the past how many months before the beers and desserts in front of the TV.  

 

Chan Yeol stood up after that, white oversized hoody over black shorts and he stretched up, hands pushed up as he twisted himself and Baek Hyun actually grimaced at the cracking sound his bones were making. He was still staring at the student’s face.

 

“That’s disgusting.” He groaned and Chan Yeol looked down to him with a grin.

 

And there it goes again.

 

His panicky paced heartbeat, his clenching stomach, his sweaty palms, his light-headedness, his control –everything was out of him, all this weird and immature reactions. An immediate response, a pathetic and outrageous effect Chan Yeol had on him. What the hell was happening to him? Shouldn’t he be better than this? Wasn’t he a professional? He worked at one of the biggest audit firms in the world, one of the best top 4, he was good.

 

Chan Yeol didn’t say anything, only leaning down and pressed his lips over the elder’s cheek. The kiss was chaste and quick, but the texture of the man’s lips burned down to the marrow of his bone, marking him, and still, it was far from enough. It won’t be long before he will start to want too and the younger was gone even before Baek Hyun can say anything.

 

Chan Yeol was halfway into the kitchen when he managed to retort miserably with shaky voice, how ing pathetic.  

 

“Stop doing weird things to me, !”

 

There was a laugh when the door to his refrigerator was pulled open and Baek Hyun’s face had been on fire.

 

===

 

It all started innocent enough though, with Chan Yeol occasionally brushing their arms together every time they passed each other, featherlike touches, the light smiles, the lingering gazes, the of lips and the hungry looks, but lately, the college student somehow had grown bolder.

 

It was as if the harder the elder had pushed him away with thousands of excuses and weird defences, it only managed to encourage Chan Yeol more, aggravating him. The boy was either stupid, ignorant or masochist with those weird perceptions that no actually meant yes kind of thing.

 

The kiss on the cheek was already weird enough, always having Baek Hyun stumped stupid to actually make noise about it, standing so rigidly in the middle of the hallway, kitchen or even at the door whenever he sent the younger to the exit. And now, after two weeks since their weird ing and mutual session, Chan Yeol was just destructive.

 

“You know, it’s kinda obvious that you want to rub yourself on me and all, I don’t know, to mark me or something, but this is just ridiculous man.”

 

Like now.  

 

The wall shelves in his kitchen just had to be high and Chan Yeol looked demure and innocent as if the act of him pressing his groin flat against the elder’s under the pretence of taking out the serving bowl from the upper shelves was just like passing by the park in the evening. His shoulders were broad, his chest was warm and hard. Baek Hyun was cutting up the watermelons at the time since that was the only thing that he can do while Chan Yeol had just done frying the noodle.

 

“Oh, it’s obvious? Good, so when are you giving me that ?” Chan Yeol’s tone had sounded cheeky and Baek Hyun groaned out before elbowing the younger man’s stomach, pulling out an impromptu oomph out of him. He deserved it for being a anyway.

 

“Go away. Don’t pop a in my kitchen, stupid. That’s just disrespectful.” Baek Hyun bit out, cutting a piece of the red fruit a little too forcefully that some of the juice had splattered onto his grey sleeping tee.

 

Great.

 

It was a Saturday night.

 

He just did his laundry.

 

Chan Yeol only laughed out in return and pulled away. Baek Hyun was almost relieved by it except that Chan Yeol also kinda leaned down and nip on the patch of skin on the side of his throat before disappearing to the dining table through the archway of the kitchen.

 

“Oh my god, will you stop with the ing ual harassment!”

 

Chan Yeol had turned to him right over the archway, smirk intact and eyes teasing.

 

“Don’t pop a in your kitchen, Baek Hyun-nie. That’s just disrespectful.” The younger repeated what he just said and suddenly, the world felt so light. It was as if all of the oxygen just disappeared. Baek Hyun can’t breathe –he knew this anger very well, felt like this so many times in the past, way back before he first met Chan Yeol, annoyed and angered by the phone calls.

 

“If you think that I’m above throwing this knife at your , Park Chan Yeol, you better think again. I work in an audit firm.”

 

“So you’re justifying your mutilation with, what, numbers?”

 

“I work with numbers, in an audit firm, with a crazy manager from another department harassing me at least three times a week.” Baek Hyun said through gritted teeth. “Do not tempt me.”

 

“Noted.”

 

===

 

As much as he hoped for the dinner to be a silent affair, that was not the case at all.

 

While Baek Hyun was usually fine with people talking around him, so used he was to Jong Dae’s endless chattering and self-ego boosting kind of nonsense, but with Chan Yeol, it was all very different. It was not the topic of the conversation at hand, per say, it wasn’t from the way the younger talked –thick lips pouted around each of the syllabus rolled over his tongue and the way those white set of teeth that would chewed on the juicy meat. It was not in the way the man would moan, pleased at the tender texture of the grilled pork, nicely dipped in the sweet and sour sauce –no.

 

It was his expression.

 

It was his eyes.

 

It was his stares.

 

The way he would look at Baek Hyun, eyes lidded and lips glistened with grease. The moans were like an invitation, a promise of what he wanted, of what he can, of what he will do to Baek Hyun. It was as if the elder was the meat, tenderised and marinated and Chan Yeol was biting into him, chewing him up, swallowing him whole.

 

It was loud.

 

Not the voice, no.

 

The actions were.

 

Chan Yeol was washing the dishes and Baek Hyun was dumping some of his clothing into the dryer and leaving the rest into the basket. He’d hung the remaining by the balcony and by the time he went in and headed back to the laundry room, Chan Yeol was already leaning against the wall across it.

 

The younger was typing something into his phone, body hunched slightly and his neck looked long. His hair was still red, and Baek Hyun thought that it was nice to be young, so much time in his hand to keep on dyeing his hair red over and over again.

 

He hated himself for noting how well-dressed the student was that night. White slim shirt tucked into a long khaki skinny pants. The sleeves of his shirt were folded to his elbow and the hems of his pants were folded too, showcasing sharp ankles. It was the first time he saw Chan Yeol dressed this way, out of his usual casual stuff. The boy typically showed up in oversized hoody, muscle tee, cardigans and jacket –but this? This was just --  

 

“You look –” Delicious? Handsome? Dashing? Ravishing? Doable? ual? ? ? – “Different?” Baek Hyun couldn’t help the hard swallowing he just did, mouth suddenly gone dry and Chan Yeol looked up to him with an arched eyebrow.

 

Baek Hyun couldn’t explain his sweaty palm, but he knew the way his heart was beating this way was stem out from the blooming lust at the pit of his stomach. The college boy stuffed the phone into his pocket and there was a small smile stretched over his lips as he drank up the sight of the accountant.

 

“Really? How so?”

 

Chan Yeol’s voice was deep. He pushed himself straight and walked closer to the elder. Baek Hyun was still standing by the doorway of the laundry room and the basket he previously used for the wet clothes was left outside by the balcony. , he needed to bring them back in before bed.

 

“Like –” Damn, your shoulders are so wide, and what the hell is up with your chest? They look hard. Can I touch them? Your neck. , I just want to you up, you look so delicious. “Different. Very different.”

 

Chan Yeol only hummed out in return, seeming satisfied with whatever he found on the shorter man’s face, and he walked closer and closer to Baek Hyun until his height towered over him, breathe fanning over his cheek now that he stood directly in front of him, and those eyes. There was no mistaken in the want he can see in there, the intensity of desire and fire and Baek Hyun didn’t know how long until he’ll let them burn him black. The younger man’s eyes were scanning his facial up, sharp and focused and blurry at the same time as they tore through his skin and muscle, going deeper and deeper to the core of his bone.

 

Their torsos were almost touching, just like their chest. They were so close, Chan Yeol’s breathing was warm over his skin and Baek Hyun’s eyes were locked onto those fluffy red lips.

 

“I’m going to a friend’s party.” Chan Yeol’s voice was husky.

 

“Will there be people there?” Baek Hyun asked back in return, voice small and he hated himself for that.

 

“It’s a party, old man, of course there will be people.” And then Chan Yeol touched his arms and he just kind of forgotten his anger when the man called him an old man. The younger’s palms were huge and warm as they held his wrists before Chan Yeol upwards until he was holding onto the elder’s shoulders. “But don’t worry, I won’t go after them. You know, people.”

 

The way Chan Yeol’s fingers were circling at the bony structure of his shoulders were drowsing him.

 

“Really, now?” He asked and the younger bit his lips.

 

It was his eyes, you see.

 

Baek Hyun can sort of tell.

 

The way they had softened significantly as his body hunched over the elder. And then his head was moving closer, leaning his face closer and closer. Baek Hyun just wanted to melt into his touches, into the soft grip of his shoulder, the warm breathing on his face, and the lips that were moving closer and closer and damn –how Baek Hyun had longed for the lips, for the kiss, to be smothered, so smitten he was like a fool and Chan Yeol’s face was so red.

 

So Baek Hyun tilted his head a little higher, chest constricted with expectation and Chan Yeol was there, Chan Yeol was going to kiss him –this was it.

 

And his lips were warm as they puckered on his left cheek.

 

That son of a –

 

===

 

It was 8.45pm when his phone vibrated from his pocket. Baek Hyun had just gotten into the pantry, making himself a milk tea, sighing at Lu Han’s melodious shouting of obscenity from the other side of the floor. How was it even possible? For his voice to revert all the way to this side of the floor? He pulled out the phone from his pocket with a strange mixture of a grimace and a grin.

 

Looking back at it now, Baek Hyun should’ve guessed that there was only one person would call him at time like this, because his parents were in Krabi to enjoy the beach and Jong Dae was still on his side of the floor with Lu Han and their team, while Kyung Soo was typing away into excel from his place with Tao few cubicles away.

 

It was strange how his fingers were tingling as he slid his thumb over the screen to answer the call.

 

“What?” He asked, voice light and surprisingly, very different despite how tired he was and the chuckle came from the other side was a sickening sweet melody to his ears.

 

“Woah, you actually picked up!” Chan Yeol exclaimed and Baek Hyun can imagine himself in a slaughterhouse, heart hammering as if he was in line for the cutting machine that will soon chop his head off.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He groaned out as he poured the 3-in-1 packet of milk tea into his mug before pressing the button for hot water at the water dispenser, waiting for the light to turn red before hot water sizzling down into his cup.

 

“Well, it’s just that I thought you wouldn’t.” Chan Yeol hummed out and Baek Hyun used the teaspoon to stir his drink, steel clanking up against porcelain and the sound hurt his teeth.

 

“Wouldn’t what?” He asked, a little hostile despite feeling like a teenager again.

 

“Err, wouldn’t answer my call? You know, after last night?” Chan Yeol had typically answered him back with a question and Baek Hyun moved from the counter and headed out from the pantry, hot mug in his hand.

 

“Then don’t ing call.” He scolded, managing a whine from the other end. The accountant then placed his mug on one of the tables, pulling an office chair towards the windows before picking up the mug again and he sat on the chair.

 

He let out a sigh. It was empty on this side of the floor seeing that this was the last week of his peak period. Most of the tax people were free now, Baek Hyun too after this last assignment. It was weird how he actually looked forward to it, anxious and giddy because –

 

There were no stars from this side of the sky.    

 

“Now that’s just cold, I say, heartless even.” Chan Yeol sulked, and it was strange how he found even the way Chan Yeol easily affected by anything he did was endearing.

 

“Oh no, kiddo, you’ve forfeited any privilege you might gain as a human being when you decided that it’s okay to stalk me.” The elder hated how easily he had grinned at the distressed groan, but he thought that he can reprimand himself later.

 

God, he can’t wait to go home.

 

“Aw, c’mon Baek Hyun-nie, I thought we’re over this. I wasn’t stalking you, per say, I was just –”

 

“I don’t know man, I mean, for three months straight? That doesn’t seem right now, does it?”

 

“ you, man, you.”

 

“Heh, I thought that was the plan.” The laugh was involuntary, hell, the tingling beneath his skin wasn’t planned either. His palms were sweaty, but they were the good ones. The type that made him grinned so widely like an idiot –since when did he even like smiling?

 

“Yeah, except that you’re giving me blue balls from your ing game of push and pull.”

 

He swore to god that Chan Yeol was ing his integrity up and he was supposed to be a professional. It was a rule for accountants.

 

“Oh, but honey, I thought we’re doing this the gentleman’s way.” Hey, he can actually see the moon from there. “I mean, the courtship and all, right? It’s your game, not mine.” It was yellow, shaped in crescent and it looked so lonely up there.

 

It was frustrating talking with Chan Yeol like this because the way he laughed, the way he smiled, the way his eyes would scrunch up and his shoulders slackened –Baek Hyun can’t see them this way.

 

He wanted to be home.

 

“Well, fine. Tonight then.”

 

What?

 

“Tonight? Tonight what?”  

 

“Come home tonight, I’ll wait for you. We’ll eat dinner together, then after that we’ll sit on the couch. And that’s when I’ll make my move.”

 

Move?

 

“What move? Wait, our first time will be on the couch? Now that’s cheap, you’re not even twenty-one yet.”

 

“I never peg you as the sentimental type and besides, my birthday’s in nine days.”

 

“Well, yeah –no, we’re not having on my sofa.”

 

“No, of course we’re not.”

 

“What? We won’t?”

 

Baek Hyun’s eyebrows furrowed at this, confused at the younger man’s calm and nonchalant tone and his words. What kind of ery was this?

 

“Nah, no, not tonight. Because tonight, I’ll just kiss you. Tomorrow, I’ll kiss you again. And the next week too, I’ll just kiss you, there’s not going to be a problem with that, right?”

 

“Wait, so we’re not having ?”

 

Wait, what?

 

“Oh, so you do want to have with me.” Chan Yeol laughed and it burned his face three shades redder. What the ? But yeah,  don't worry. After my birthday, we’ll go all the way.”

 

This was bull. Chan Yeol was still laughing when he hung up the phone and he slouched further into his chair, sighing out. His phone was clutched over his thigh and his shoulders were getting less taut as he drank up the whole scenery.

 

There were a lot of buildings, skyscrapers splitting into the sky, blinking in red and yellow and blue and there was the honk from the cars too. Everything was so vibrant despite how it was PM now instead of the AM. People were so alive, going to places, home, to their families, loved ones or just empty houses.

 

But he had someone waiting for him now every night. With food, gentle words (or vulgarity), beers, wintermelon tea, teasing smiles, wanton eyes, caresses, ual innuendos –but most importantly, happiness. He never thought that it was possible for a douche like him to be this happy, but he was. It might be far from enough, but he liked it. Baby steps, right?

 

“In love, huh?”

 

“Ho –!”

 

The tea was hot when they spilled onto his palm. ing Tao’s voice startled him, what right the intern have to look so shocked like that when Baek Hyun was the one with the potential heart attack? The elder hissed at the slight burn and he pushed the mug to the unexpected intern before his burned thumb.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry for startling you!”  

 

Baek Hyun turned to Tao, studying his furrowed eyebrows and miserable face. The intern did well in these whole months he was here, helpful and very much useful despite the rundown from his cubicle-mate a.k.a monster-Soo, according to the Chinese.

 

The elder waved a hand at the boy, made a shooing motion and Tao’s face now had reduced from miserable to only slight panicky before he settled back for a medium panic. 

 

“Come sit with me,” Baek Hyun nodded his head to the empty space on his right side, inviting the intern to roll a chair and maybe just enjoy the sight with him. “The view is not that bad.” He said and Tao grin sheepishly before he just settled on the floor next to him.

 

He can’t see the younger man’s face, but only the top of his black hair. They were gelled and looked hard, but hey, who was he to judge.

 

“Sorry again for, you know, speaking unannounced like that.” Tao sighed and ruffled his hair before pulling at his tie. Baek Hyun had to admit that Tao had a knack for style. His white shirt and fitting grey pants with his crocodile patterned black shoes and his studded clutch. He almost seemed gay, except that his phone’s wallpaper was a picture of him kissing another girl’s cheek with flashy pink heartshape all over the picture.

 

It was the ugliest .

 

“Well technically, speaking is kinda the whole point in announcing your presence right?”

 

Tao laughed a little at that. He always laughed easily at anything and that was one of the main reasons why Kyung Soo strived to make the boy miserable all day despite how the Chinese was willing to do anything just to get the psycho’s approval.

 

“Why are you here?” Baek Hyun asked. “Shouldn’t you be by your desk with Kyung Soo singing praises or something?”

 

Tao groaned out at his questions.

 

“I swear to god there’s something wrong with me.” Tao said, “I mean, he’s so mean and miserable most of the time, but I really look up to him, you know?” He sounded distressed.

 

“Well, that was rude of you. Why him? Look up to me, intern, you won’t feel miserable at least.” Baek Hyun took another sip of his milk tea. He nudged the intern’s shoulder with his cup, offering the tall man some and Tao had grinned like an idiot before taking the cup away.

 

“I can’t help it.” Tao sighed after the first sip. “He was the first person who showed me the rope and everything. It’s natural for me to look up to him.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. It’s okay. You don’t need to up to me, I’m cool with that.” The elder said and his phone vibrated in his hand. He turned the phone around to read the text.

 

To: Baek Hyun

From: Chan Yeol

Time: 9:05 PM

Text: Just finish up your stuff, I’ll wait :)

 

Tao was still sipping at his drink, well, Baek Hyun’s drink and despite wanting to be angry at the intern, he just find it hard to. He was getting soft, Tao had that effect on people, it was very strange.

 

Baek Hyun stuffed his phone back into his pocket, slouching further into the chair and crossing his right ankle over his left knee. His mug of milk tea was forgotten with the younger intern and the clock was ticking. But as Baek Hyun let out a sigh, scanning over the blinking lights of the city, he couldn’t help but to feel freshen by everything.

 

Another peak period was ending very, very soon and Baek Hyun made it. He knew that he wasn’t that weak, that he was a winner, and this served as a reminder to the whole world, as a proof, that Byun Baek Hyun was the mountain.

 

“Hey hyung,” Baek Hyun looked down towards the Chinese intern, noticing that Tao was looking at him all this while. He arched an eyebrow in acknowledgement. “Have you noticed anything different about Kyung Soo-yah lately?”

 

It was dangerous for Baek Hyun to be casual with Kyung Soo when he first met the man, but to have this younger man saying his name so casually like that this early in their weird relationship required a great deal of courage.

 

“What about him?” He asked.

 

“He’s in a very pleasant mood as a matter of late.” Tao said with a frown. “It’s not as if that it’s a bad thing, but it’s strange and honestly,” Baek Hyun couldn’t help smiling at the Chinese’s sigh, “It’s sorta freaking me out.”

 

“Well, it’s not wrong for him to be in a good mood, I mean, the peak period is ending.” Baek Hyun huffed out with a light grin, still looking at Tao. The intern however was staring into his cup, as if he was in a divination class, trying to predict his future from the tea leafs in the cup of tea.

 

It wasn’t long before Tao turned to look at him, hair frizzy and eyes sharp with huge eyebags.

 

“Hyung,” He said with the sternest expression Baek Hyun had witnessed. “I think Kyung Soo-yah might be involved with a gang.”

 

===

 

Despite Chan Yeol’s bravados of making a move and , that wasn’t the case at all when Baek Hyun went back home that night. By the time he walked into the living room, it was already 2.45am and Chan Yeol was sound asleep on his couch with his backpack pillowing his head against the sofa.

 

His laptop’s lid was still upright, but it was on hibernate. The foods were covered with plates on the table and it looked neat, but suddenly, Baek Hyun wasn’t that hungry anymore.

 

Baek Hyun took a quick shower and by the time he walked out of the bathroom, it was already 3am and Chan Yeol was still snoring away in his living room.

 

He was still towelling his hair dry when he sat on the armrest of his sofa so that Chan Yeol's head was only inches away from his thighs. Studying Chan Yeol’s greasy face and messy hair was depressing. His feature was almost perfect. His fingers were cold (he defended that it was because of the late night shower, not because of his nerve) when he touched the student’s face, feeling the contour of his cheekbones and his jawline. Chan Yeol’s skin was almost flawless, except for the few bumps of pimple under his chin and on his forehead, but other than that, they were almost smooth.

 

Chan Yeol opened his eyes after a while. His lids were heavy over his eyes and his face was puffy. Baek Hyun's fingers were hovering over the student's forehead at that time and his sleep-hazed eyes were gettIng clearer by seconds before the younger settled for a sleepy grin.

 

"Ah, you're home." Chan Yeol said, words groggy.

 

Baek Hyun nodded in response,  remembering how Chan Yeol always said that he was a light sleeper.

 

"Why are you on the couch?" Baek Hyun asked. "You could've taken the bed, you know."

 

Baek Hyun's face burned up when Chan Yeol reached his arm out for the elder's hovering hand, pulling at his wrist before he kissed Baek Hyun's palm, soft and warm luscious lips pressed to the middle of a rough palm.

 

Ah, , his heart. They will burst at this rate, pumping so erratically as if he was on a sprint, turning his face hotter and feet colder.

 

He knew that he needed the lips to be else where.

 

The living room was dark except for the lamp shade by the side table next to the couch, soft orange over olive wallpaper and the temperature was cold because it was November. He was glad that Chan Yeol knew how to operate his place's heater, but apparently, the man's equivalent of warm was kinda cold too that it raised the hair on his arms.

 

Or was that from something else?

 

"Hey Chan Yeol, when are you going to do it?"

 

The younger raised an eyebrow in question,  eyes following Baek Hyun's fingers as the elder retracted his hand away, lips lining down into a frown, disappointed.

 

"Do what?” He answered again with a question.

 

And Baek Hyun just sort of did it.

 

He didn’t know what came over him. He blamed it on the student’s demure face, his soft gaze, his gentle expression. He told himself it was the accumulation of all these teases, flirtation, ual attraction and he just leaned down, upper body hunched over and he closed his eyes, throwing all the care in the world out the window. He pressed his lips over the lain man's thicker ones. They were supple, and warm too, and so unlike how he imagined them to be. So soft and his breathing stank of tobacco and mint.

 

The position was awkward, with Baek Hyun's nose pressed to Chan Yeol's chin and the tall man's nose to his chin. But suffice to say, it was probably the best decision he ever made in a long time.

 

The kiss was simple, chaste. Just a clean press of two pair of lips. He had his eyes close, didn’t think he needed to see the other man’s face and it wasn’t long before he pulled away and opened his eyes. His body still hunched over towards Chan Yeol, face hovering on few inches away and the younger had his eyes widened like a saucer, cheeks tinted in pink.

 

Baek Hyun grinned before he straightened up and stood from the couch, towel now draped around his neck, over his shoulder. Chan Yeol had sat up in haste, feet firm against the floor and back upright as he looked on towards the elder with a ghostlike expression.

 

“What’s with that face?” Baek Hyun snorted.

 

“You just kissed me!” Chan Yeol gasped out almost pathetically and Baek Hyun didn’t know why the pride blooming from his chest can give him this much of a satisfaction. 

 

“Well, you’re too slow and I want a kiss.” Baek Hyun said in a bored tone, standing right in front of the sitting tall man and he gave Chan Yeol a pointed look. “Someone needs to make a move.”

 

“Well, hell, I’m supposed to make the first move!” Chan Yeol cried out. “Dude, you just killed the rhythm!” He whined and it pulled a rather distasteful grimace out of the standing man.

 

“Going by your pace, it’ll be twenty years before either of us can get to the second base.” Baek Hyun shook his head before throwing the towel towards the unsuspecting man, earning a disgruntled groan in return.

 

Chan Yeol threw the towel away and stood up from the couch. Baek Hyun had to take a step back, fearing that the idiot’s head might knock into his chin and it was still infuriating how he had to look up from their height difference. Chan Yeol was quick to close their distance as he moved closer. His fingers weren’t as cold as the elder expected them to be when they grabbed at his upper arm, pulling him close and the grin splitting his face boiled Baek Hyun with annoyance. He looked so damn proud, as if it was him who made the first move.

 

Pfft.

 

“So it’s okay for me to kiss you now?” Chan Yeol asked. “I mean, I was trying to be all gentlemen-like and go by your pace so that you won’t report me for ual harassment or something, but you said you wanted the kiss, right?”

 

His palm wasn’t supposed to feel this warm, but hell, Baek Hyun shouldn’t feel like as if he was on cloud nine either. Chan Yeol’s gaze was imploring. Hopeful, maybe, but his expression was soft, gentle, scared even. What was it that he scared of? There was nothing scarier than Baek Hyun going out of his comfort zone and do something he normally wouldn’t.

 

Chan Yeol was a new territory.

 

Baek Hyun wasn’t usually this careless, but still.

 

Chan Yeol seemed startled when Baek Hyun leaned forward against him, his breathing hovered over the tall man’s neck and his eyes were heavy as he studied the handsome man’s face. Chan Yeol was staring, eyes googly and wide, and it was comical even. As if he couldn’t believe that any of this was happening. Hell, even Baek Hyun was still trying to process the state of their progression.

 

“Do it.” He ordered before looking back up to the tall man to catch his eyes. “Let’s go by your rhythm, let’s pretend that I didn’t kiss you back then. We’ll go by your pace.” He snorted and Chan Yeol laughed out loud at that.

 

“We’re only supposed to kiss tonight, Baek.” Chan Yeol said with a huge, satisfied grin. “So I’m going to do just that.”

 

Baek Hyun nodded, not caring anymore at that point because all that he wanted was there in front of him.

 

And then it happened.

 

Chan Yeol started by going in calmly. His left palm still wrapped around the elder’s right upper arm, and the younger had moved his right palm to his shoulder and up his neck, raising all the hair there, until they reached the lower back of his head. His grip wasn’t that strong, but enough to guide Baek Hyun closer as he leaned down with soft eyes.

 

Everything after that just move on automatic with Baek Hyun subconsciously wrapping his arms around the tall man’s waist and Chan Yeol dropping into him, lips supple and soft and warm as they puckered around Baek Hyun’s own.

 

The suction was soft, and Baek Hyun’s eyes dropped shut on its own accord when Chan Yeol’s thumb circled at the spot under his ear. It made his skin there tingled, pulling at his heart and Baek Hyun had moaned involuntarily when Chan Yeol deepened the kiss, tongue pushed in and the elder wasn’t even trying to hold back as he kissed back just as hard.

 

Chan Yeol’s back was broad and hard as he pushed his palms upwards, groping at the hard muscle and Chan Yeol gasped out when Baek Hyun crushed his body against the younger’s, hipbone to hipbone and Chan Yeol had move his left palm away, moving that arm over the curve of the elder’s waist, fingers not shy as he meshed the cheek of his . He pulled back just slightly to angle the kiss, but it wasn’t long because Chan Yeol had bitten his upper lips and Baek Hyun grinned as he dived in, tongues meeting each other first before he clamped his lips over Chan Yeol’s slickly tongue and they were kissing again as if they were hormonal seventeen year olds.

 

The grinding wasn’t necessary, so Baek Hyun didn’t know why he was rubbing himself against Chan Yeol, needing the touch badly and the student didn’t even complain as his two palms now perched onto the accountant’s , fingers meshing the muscle and spreading them apart and it brought out strange arousal out of him, to be kneaded this way, and they were only just kissing.

 

Everything just sort of disappeared –the living room they were in, the dinner on the dining table, the carpet beneath his bare feet, the couch behind Chan Yeol, and the whirring sound from the heater. It shouldn’t be this way, Baek Hyun always took a good note of his surrounding, but that night, it was as if only the two of them exist.

 

They parted after a while, both still panting in front of the couch and deep inside him, Baek Hyun wondered how different things would escalate if they were on the couch rather than just standing this way. Baek Hyun pulled away, hair rising on his arm and he sighed, creating a comfortable space between them that he deemed rather safe.

 

Chan Yeol’s cheeks were pink as he looked down to the elder. His lips were rather red and swollen and even the tips of his ears were red too. Baek Hyun’s arms were still around the tall man while the other man had his over Baek Hyun’s . It was supposed to be awkward, except that both of them were half hard, and Chan Yeol’s eyes were still dreamy, but neither found it fit to continue, fearing they might things up. At least on Baek Hyun’s part, he thought it would, because they were still high on adrenaline, the rush, and Baek Hyun just wanted this to be right. He didn’t want to rush things over –they didn’t need to. Chan Yeol had his pace. Chan Yeol needed his pace and despite the frustrating night of ing to the thought of the younger one, Baek Hyun was a patient man.

 

Baek Hyun was the one who pulled his hands away first, with Chan Yeol reluctantly taking his hands away too and both men had no courage to look down to the mess they’ve created under the cover of their pants.

 

He pushed a hand through his hair, fingers pulling at his strand rather stressfully and Chan Yeol heave out a deep sigh.

 

“Wanna stay over then? It’s already late.” Baek Hyun invited, but Chan Yeol had responded with a shaky laugh.

 

“Don’t think so.” The younger said unsurely. “I’m already this hard, I don’t think I can hold myself that much if we’re under the same cover.” He laughed shakily and Baek Hyun only nodded in response, respecting his wish, before looking down towards Chan Yeol’s front black skinny jeans, noting that there was indeed a huge dent at the zipper there and he looked up to see that the student was shamelessly checking him out. His eyes were heavily lidded as he studied the elder, his lips all this while before he looked up to the accountant.

 

“You gonna do anything about that?” Baek Hyun nodded towards his pants and Chan Yeol only laughed out.

 

“Yeah, sadly. Gonna borrow your bathroom for a bit.” Chan Yeol groaned.

 

At the age of 24, Baek Hyun can’t believe that he was on his bed at 3.56am to the sound of another man doing the same thing in his bathroom.   

 

===

 

a/n: OMG! Here’s chapter 9! I hope you guys liked it! How was it? Okay? Nay? Just drop me a comment or two to let me know! I’m so sorry that it took me over a week to upload this. Was quite busy with applying for jobs, etc, have an interview next week, and nervous as balls. Anyway, wish me all the best!!!!! TT^TT

 

Apologise for the long chapter, it just sort of happened…. But, yeah.

 

Author-nim loves you.

 

-bluecoins