Chapter -4-

Waltz

Title: Waltz

Pairing: BaekYeol

Rating: nc-17

Length:  5344 Words (4/11)

Genres: Romance

Summary: Baek Hyun has been getting relentless calls from a strange number at the strangest times and he decided to post the contact number on some gay dating website for the calls to stop. It was supposed to work, goddamnit.

===

 

 

“My, my, don’t you look miserable today.”

 

It was safe to say that Byun Baek Hyun hated Kim Jong Dae.

 

He hated the man in many ways, one can say, and most of them involved the way he would smile, because it reminded him of the hand-moving-thingy cat doll that Japanese restaurant usually have, and it pissed him off. He also hated the way Jong Dae would laugh, so high-pitched and amused when Baek Hyun was throwing up on the leather sofa at a senior’s party back in college and it was definitely not funny at all. He also hated how Jong Dae seemed to be enjoying every one of his miserable moments like the way he had gracefully fell on his in a soccer match during P.E back in high school with another player sort of fell on his , literally. It hurt, and the pack of ice pressed to his groin didn’t amuse him at all.

 

It was always stuff like that.

 

This was probably not the first time Baek Hyun had thought about how much he hated him, it was a sort of a daily chant to instil patience into himself, but it was also sad because no matter how many times he stressed on that fact, praying to god for the demise of his best friend, there was nothing that can be done about the existence of Kim Jong Dae.

 

This was the cruel reality after all and Baek Hyun looked up from slumping on the table with his chin on the desk and face blank in front of the monitor screen.

 

It was 9.30am and Baek Hyun hadn’t even open up a folder yet.

 

“Go away.” He said gruffly, slumped by the heaviness of his responsibility and defeated by his tired heart. He didn’t know which one of those two he should pursue, his responsibility or his heart.

 

However, there was the issue of salaries and bonuses and life, and a part of Baek Hyun sort of wished that he was still safe in his mother’s womb.

 

But Jong Dae was still leaning by his desk, smiling amusedly down to him and Baek Hyun still thought that his best friend had the ugliest smile in this world. Kyung Soo’s typing had been relentless, keyboard clicking hard at his every punch because he was a demon, he hated the world too and it sort of brought a strange comfort to Baek Hyun himself.  

 

“Kim Jong Dae-ssi, don’t you have better things to do than being here?”

 

His tone was curt, sharp, and his eyes were glued to the monitor screen with the occasional clicking from the mouse and flipping of pages from the folder. His shoulders were hard, tout even and he somehow was still y like he was the day before, but it was fine by Baek Hyun, because it meant that Kyung Soo will leave him alone and not pester him about being productive and s.

 

Baek Hyun flipped the phone over on his table to look at the screen.

 

Nothing.

 

No new messages, no nothing.

 

But it was only 9.35am.

 

“By the way you act, Kyung Soo-yah, I think you might have a crush on me.”

 

The frantic punching on the keyboard ceased, and Baek Hyun didn’t need to turn to know that Kyung Soo was looking at the smug looking auditor by his desk side. It was tiring, to be honest, to hear the two bicker on a daily basis and Baek Hyun was still strung out because some mothering drunk decided to destroy his night by barging into his life.

 

“Baek Hyun-ssi!”

 

Ah, the whine still rang in his head, echoing through his mind like it did the night before when Baek Hyun tried to force him into the shower, hissing for him to “Get , now.” while spraying the floor near the toilet with the shower host, cleaning the remnants of vomit and his sanity and all that with a giggly, “Ooh, Baek Hyun-ssi.” singing in the background.

 

It was hard to refrain himself from drowning Park Chan Yeol with anything at that point, really hard, and Baek Hyun wished he could pat himself at the back for a job well done after he tucked in the drowsy man into the bed, his ing bed might he point out, and the elder had wound up sleeping on the couch.

 

There was a soft rattling sound and Jong Dae’s voice was a little panicky. Kyung Soo was picking up the phone.

 

“Yah, who are you calling?”

 

Baek Hyun rolled his head to see Kyung Soo punching in some numbers on the grey telephone.

 

“I’m reporting you to the manager.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For exploiting another department’s confidential information.” Jong Dae was backing away now, eyes frantic and feet ready for a flight.

 

“But I did no such thing!”

 

“You’re standing in our working space –oh hello, good day Mr Lu, this is Do Kyung Soo from the tax department,”

 

“Yah, don’t you ing –”

 

“I am wondering, sir, is my understanding correct to assume that you’ve assigned one of your team members, Kim Jong Dae, to –“

 

“Fine! I’ll ing go!”

 

It was rather disappointing how Jong Dae had lost to Kyung Soo’s ploy, rushing away after that and earning a scowl from the senior across the room.

 

His best friend was so ing dumb.

 

If he had concentrated hard enough, he would’ve noticed that the number Kyung Soo had dialled was a meshed up of 0-1-0-2-0-5-0-0, random s, really.

 

Kyung Soo had nodded, self-satisfied, phone back to its original position as he continued with his work.

 

“I didn’t know you had it in you.”

 

Kyung Soo didn’t even look at him when he shot back an answer.

 

“I have so many things in me that you’re not aware of.”

 

The worst thing was, Baek Hyun was pretty sure that Kyung Soo didn’t understand what he just said.

 

===

 

It was 11.30am and the only reason Baek Hyun knew this was because he had just flipped his phone over to look at the screen.

 

Still nothing.

 

“Are you expecting a call?”

 

He jolted straight on his chair, shoulders tense and he quickly turned to his cubicle-mate.

 

It was strange to be on the other end of the smaller man’s stare, because he was usually the one who did all the staring and Kyung Soo’s stare was hateful, evil, murderous even –it was so Kyung Soo and Baek Hyun actually felt flattered that Kyung Soo was even staring at all.

 

It was weird; he knew that, but still.

 

He cleared his throat, partly because he wanted to create a comfortable gap before coming up with an excuse, a believable excuse at least.

 

“No, why?”

 

He can play cool about it, he was good like that.

 

Baek Hyun was a master in concealing his emotion, after all. ty life and coincidences tend to do that to a person, making him strong like a rock, diamonds, pearls.

 

Jaded.

 

“Then why do you keep staring at your phone?”

 

“No I wasn’t.”

 

“I’m not blind.”

 

“I didn’t say anything about you being blind.”

 

“So why are you denying my claim then?”

 

“Erm, maybe it’s because you’re wrong?”

 

“Why are you being hostile with me?”

 

“No, I’m not. Stop suggesting weird things.”

 

“But I didn’t suggest anyth –”

 

“Let’s just get back to work now, Kyung Soo-yah.”

 

Kyung Soo arched an eyebrow, face still impossibly blank and judging. He didn’t know how one can pull all three different expressions off at once, but this was Kyung Soo after all, prince of the underworld, of darkness, of evil, Satan’s spawn –that Kyung Soo.  

 

He was a demon with a black heart and black blood.

 

It was the first time that he wished to get away from Do Kyung Soo.

 

===

 

"Are you expecting a call, Baek Hyun-ssi?" 

 

At 1.30pm, Baek Hyun couldn't believe how quickly he came to hate that question. It could be for many reasons, to which, none of it because he was so ing stupid by being bloody obvious, but it was because suddenly, everyone decided to be interested in his antics.

 

Kim Min Seok was a pleasant man. He was the manager from the REC department. His smile was naturally blinding, gummy and white teeth and he was a total contrast compared to his best friend, also a manager, but from Jong Dae's team the service department, Lu Han. 

 

"No," he said with a sigh. "It's confusing why everyone is assuming that." 

 

Kyung Soo was at the counter paying for his meal while Jong Dae was still choosing his bread. 

 

"Honey oat –oh no, wait! Parmeson oregano? Argh, this is frustrating!"

 

“Well, maybe it’s because you’ve been nothing, but an obvious eyesore.”

 

Lu Han had snorted from across of him, baby face and ing youthful because he had a face of a foetus, but heart of Lucifer. 

 

Baek Hyun would know well. He was in the audit department before during his intern, he was under Lu Han and the man had exhausted his lifeline into ash and nothingness with the midnight calls and 2.30am coffee run and 7.30am drive to a client’s place.

 

“Intern, you have a car, right?”

 

“Yes, sir, but wh –”

 

“Good, be here in 30 minutes.”

 

“But it’s 1am!”

 

“You’re the intern, I’m the manager –i.e. your graduation will be based on my evaluation. Do you see what I’m seeing now?”

 

“I’ll be there.”

 

“You know what, make it ten minutes.” 

 

"What?" he exclaimed at the unfriendly face Lu Han was making. It was his default look, really, there was nothing that anyone can do about it, but it was extra unfriendly that afternoon. Baek Hyun was glad that he was out from under the man’s care because now he can be rude to him and there was nothing on the other end he needed to give a about.

 

Lu Han smirked at his remark.

 

“What?” He threw back.

 

“You’re giving me that look.”

 

“I don’t understand what look you’re talking about.”

 

“I’m just gonna eat.”

 

“Do you need me to feed you now?”

 

“No, I’m gonna eat now.”

 

“You go do that.”

 

===

 

Baek Hyun found himself thankfully now focusing on the computer screen. It was partly due to the fact that Kyung Soo had been pestering him about being useful and said something along the line of “I didn’t know that Jong Dae can do a better job than you?” which actually served as a fuel to his burning spirit.

 

It was fine to compare him with the rest of the world, but to say Jong Dae was more reliable (no matter how true they were) was crossing the line.

 

Especially when he was leaning by his desk, looking expectantly at Baek Hyun and it was 4.30pm.

 

“Seriously Baek Hyun-nie, whose call are you expecting?”

 

“Seriously Jong Dae, don’t you have work to do?”

 

Kyung Soo was away from his table, called by the manager to discuss about a particular difficult client and Baek Hyun almost missed his unfriendly face, especially when there was Kim Jong Dae at the other end.

 

Baek Hyun considered himself a good friend. He listened well, loyal even and will not stab anyone in the back because life had done that pretty well to him in the past 24 years, and plus, his grandmother said that karma will get him back.

 

But that day –only that day, he wished to be away from the questions, from the judgements. That day, he wished he can be a bad friend and kicked his friend out from his working space while spitting on his face along the way.  

 

“I do have work, but I just wanna see you.” Jong Dae said and there was a frown on his face now.

 

“What ‘wanna see you’; you’re just running away from your work.” Baek Hyun countered again and he gave his best friend a snarl when Jong Dae made a grab at his arm, pulling, almost flailing and frowning and Baek Hyun gave out a deep sigh because he can’t afford to be a ty friend now, not when Jong Dae was really a fifteen year old girl with a sensitive heart.

 

He wondered if this was why his parents thought that he and Jong Dae were a couple.

 

He pulled away his hand from the other man’s grasp, glaring and scowling all the while and Jong Dae was grinning sheepishly now. It brought strange comfort to see him this way, so far away from the sad face and Baek Hyun hated himself for being a er for his friend.

 

“Seriously, what do you want?” He asked again, but this time, with a softer tone and attention focusing on the other man.

 

Jong Dae had grinned then, a little too wide even and Baek Hyun was a fool to think that his friend was only here to see him.

 

“Do you really miss your stalker that much? Your phone didn’t ring at all since Saturday.”

 

He thought the calculator thrown was essential.

 

Jong Dae’s cry of pain wasn’t enough, though.

 

===

 

It was only when he jumped off the bus that Baek Hyun realised what an idiot he was.

 

Eyes so wide opened and heart pumping like a bullet train, he ran from the bus stand towards his apartment building. The light drizzle wasn’t important, the upset ajumma he almost ran into wasn’t important either, because it was 10.45pm and the fact of how stupid he was to leave a total stranger roamed free inside his apartment all day didn’t dawn on him until a minute ago.

 

A stranger.

 

A former stalker.

 

Roaming inside of his apartment with no supervision –god! Baek Hyun was a fool.

 

He couldn’t explain the grip of fear around his heart, his churning guts and the adrenaline pumping in his bloodstream as he ran past the security post, up the driveway and few parked cars, pots of pink and purple flowers and finally, the small staircase that led to the elevator.

 

What was he thinking when he went out this morning? Leaving a stranger in his house, what would anyone say?

 

It was dangerous, it really was.

 

The world should swallow him whole.

 

“God, Baek Hyun, you’re one idiot !” He muttered under his breath as he waited for the lift to reached his lobby, didn’t even bother to think about taking the stairs because his apartment was on the 15th floor and Baek Hyun was definitely in no shape to climb that high. He also didn’t want to think about his father’s smug face.

 

“I wonder whose gene you got after, you make one ty man.”

 

“Now, now, papa, that’s not nice. I’m not athletic too, you know.”

 

“But that’s okay mama, because you have a husband to look after you.”

 

“Ah, but our Baek Hyun-nie have Jong Dae for that. The sweet boy is strong you know, he helped me with the pot the other day.”

 

“It should be a daughter after our Baek Beom, Baek Hyun was definitely a mistake.”

 

There was nothing valuable inside his apartment except for the plasma TV and stereo and his laptop, no expensive watches or –

 

Ah, , his car key!

 

Granted, his car was only a compact Kia Rio in blue, but still.

 

The lift reached the 15th floor with a resounding ‘ding’ and Baek Hyun had rushed out to the lobby of the floor, turning left because his apartment was the second unit, but he stopped dead in his track when he saw the strangest thing.  

 

The fluorescent light was white, he should’ve known it was weird that the light along the hallway was on at all. Because the apartment had installed these energy-saving lighting, all the lights along the hallway will automatically switched on when it sensed a presence. It should’ve been pitched dark if no one was out, and yet, everything was so bright now with the strong smell of concrete floor companying a thin layer of floral air-freshener and night breeze.

 

Chan Yeol was slumped on the floor, back against the wall and knees pulled up to his chest. His arms were around his kneecaps and his face was buried between his arms.

 

It was an awkward sight, to see his gangly limbs curled into a small ball and he thought that Chan Yeol looked really small.

 

He stopped with the backpack heavy on his back, panting from the run and adrenaline, and Baek Hyun walked slowly to the sitting man.

 

Chan Yeol looked up first before he even get to say anything and Baek Hyun realised that he had an earphone attached from his ears to his pocket and the man grinned when he saw him.

 

“You’re back!” He smiled, standing funnily, groaning and stretching and “Ow, ow, ow, can’t feel my legs!”  

 

Baek Hyun had swallowed then, head throbbing and he cautiously walked around the other man as if fearing that Chan Yeol might just attack. Chan Yeol was leaning against the wall, casting him a confused look, but he made no move to stop or to follow the elder, probably still strung out over his numb feet.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked worriedly, tone slowly drawled out when Baek Hyun circled around him.

 

He probably looked like a mad man now, but he had every right to do so. Let them say that Byun Baek Hyun was a fool, but he at least knew how to defend himself if the need comes to.

 

Baek Hyun was standing in front of his door now, successfully rounding Chan Yeol like some caged animal, too cautious to open up the door and Chan Yeol’s look was demure as he looked at him expectantly. His smile was soft, patient even with a black snapback. His bang was styled sideway and his shirt was chequered in yellow, blue and white, parted to reveal a low neck grey tank top and his jeans were skinny in black. His backpack had been red and his specs were the same one as yesterday. They were approaching summer after all, the light clothing was expected.

 

“What are you doing here?” Baek Hyun finally asked, feeling quite warm when he realised how stupid he might look like.

 

His father probably would’ve said that it wasn’t far from the truth. His mother will giggle and his brother would ask his parents to stop.

 

Happy family, as usual.

 

“We love you just the way you are, sweety.”

 

Chan Yeol’s smile was blinding, an ugly shade, really, with white teeth and black gum and height so ing tall. Baek Hyun thought he could get cavity just from looking at him, so radiant and so positive, it was suffocating.

 

“I just wanna see you.” Chan Yeol had exclaimed, tone proud as if what he said was a message from God himself and he, the messiah.

 

Baek Hyun didn’t like it however, he and holy didn’t exactly see eye-to-eye.

 

“Well, that’s just not creepy at all.” Baek Hyun countered with an arched eyebrow, but that only pulled out a bigger grin out of the tall man and Baek Hyun thought that who needed religion with a man like Chan Yeol and, wait, what?

 

“What’s wrong with me wanting to see you?” Chan Yeol said with mouth puckered up around each of his syllable, like a person would when there were too many drool in their mouth, words a little muffled.

 

Baek Hyun would like to tell him that everything was.

 

There was nothing normal about this whole thing, and he just can’t get over the fact that just last week he hated the man with all his guts for causing him troubles and restless nights from the incessant phone calls, that it was not normal that he was so used to his vibrating phone, it felt strange when the phone had been quiet since Saturday and that it was not normal how he’d enjoyed that night when they went drinking until the tall man decided to be drunk, and still, it was warm to tuck someone into his bed and making sure that the person was safe and warm.

 

It was strange.

 

Everything was.

 

Baek Hyun didn’t understand anything anymore.

 

He didn’t understand himself.

 

How was he supposed to apply logic into his life? Because none of this made any ounce of sense. 

 

He might show it on his face, his doubt, his confusion, because Chan Yeol’s smile had fallen and the man had stared unblinkingly at him.

 

His house key was heavy in his pocket, a Darth Vader key ring chained to the key along with the key to his mailbox and the drawer back in his workplace.

 

It might be seconds, minutes even, before Chan Yeol leaned down and fetch something from the floor. He pushed the yellow medium sized paper box to Baek Hyun and the elder looked at the offering strangely.

 

Chan Yeol was smiling again now.

 

“My peace offering.” he said. “You know, for last night and for not leaving me by the roadside to die or something.”

 

Their fingers brushed when Baek Hyun accepted the box of what seemed to be pastry.

 

“That was what I almost did, to be honest.”

 

“Well, but you didn’t. And that’s more than enough for me.”

 

The way Chan Yeol’s lips had stretched into a smile seemed genuine enough, his gratitude at least and Baek Hyun couldn’t help the sigh he let out.

 

His staring was accusing and the way Chan Yeol’s smile seemed to go wider under his scrutinising stare sort of give it all away.

 

“You left something in my house, didn’t you?”

 

The nervous laugh was expected and the sheepish grin made him murderous.

 

“My handphone.”

 

He might questioned his motive and probably sanity too come the next morning when he invited the man in, but for now, at that moment, it felt good to have someone looking at him like Chan Yeol did. He wondered if that Hae Jin person ever regretted from letting the ugly blinding smile out of her sight.

 

===

 

His apartment was a simple affair.

 

The floors were wooden in light tan and the walls were in olive with white panelling. The suite was shaped in square and from the entrance door, there will be walls to its immediate left right, creating an L-shape hallway that will lead out to an opened space for the living and dining room.

 

There were three doors on the left wall with the first one for the store room, second one for the laundry room with washing machine and dryer and ironing board and finally, the third one was the bathroom.

 

The wall to its right only have one archway, another square space boxed in, leading to simple kitchen with white tiles and black glassed edgy cabinets. There was another archway at the other end of the kitchen that will lead straight to the dining area.

 

At the wall across the entrance door, there was only one door that will lead to his bedroom.

 

The living area was simple with a 3-sitter grey couch and two more matching singles on its left, creating a square space in between the couch and the TV with a glass square coffee table in between.    

 

On the right side of the couch was the dining table table, also made out glass, but with four black leather chairs. The left wall of the dining table will lead to the kitchen while on the right side of the wall, there was the glass sliding door that will lead to the balcony. 

 

“Ah, there you are!”

 

Baek Hyun turned around at the relief exclamation and saw Chan Yeol rushed past him to the coffee table in front of the TV. He made a grab at the smartphone on the glassed coffee table and of course, there was a phone there, Chan Yeol’s phone, it made total sense now.

 

So you were expecting something, weren’t you?

 

Baek Hyun raised an eyebrow at Chan Yeol’s strange antic, nuzzling the phone to his cheek and Baek Hyun placed the boxed pastry onto the dining table, bag placed carelessly on the black leathered chair.

 

He was tugging at his tie now, pulling it loose and Chan Yeol turned to him with a bright smile.

 

Urgh.

 

Blinding.

 

Baek Hyun had instinctively grimaced.

 

“Have you taken your dinner?” Chan Yeol asked as he walked closer to Baek Hyun.

 

Now that he’d taken his tie off, he threw them carelessly onto the dining table, noting that it was already 11.15pm, but Chan Yeol was really bright, and Baek Hyun wondered if it was AM or PM now, and it was confusing the out of him.

 

“Not yet.” He said before slowly, transforming his face into a sceptical look. “I’m not going to have to feed you, am I?” He had initially thought of ordering some pizza or something.

 

Chan Yeol’s laugh had been loud, his whole face lighted up and his eyes crinkled up. He finally shook his head and walked closer to Baek Hyun. The two men now were standing next to the dining table, one filled with fatigue from a whole day of work while the other was just –bright.

 

“Do you have a skillet pan?” Chan Yeol asked him suddenly.

 

Skillet pan?

 

“Why? Are you going to cut me up and cook me?” He said, tone flat and Chan Yeol’s grin was wide.

 

“Well, you do look good. You might taste good too.”

 

His arched eyebrow was sort of expected, but the hiccup of his heartbeat was strange.

 

Did Chan Yeol just –

 

“I bought some pork fillet earlier, thought of maybe fixing up something simple for you.” Chan Yeol finally said, shrugging his wide shoulders and Baek Hyun wondered why the bony structure of the tall man’s clavicle made him thirsty.

 

“So you’re trying to poison me now?”

 

Chan Yeol shrugged his backpack on the dining table, next to the box of pastry and he ped the red bag, pulling out a white plastic bag with a satisfied grin. Baek Hyun leaned closer to the man, looked down to see the content of the plastic bag, recognising the packed meat, a pack of 250gm uncooked rice, a clove of garlic and a small bottle of herbal salt.

 

“Don’t be dramatic. It’s not worth the effort,” Chan Yeol said, disregarding Baek Hyun’s wounded “Hey–” with a clarification that “–It’s a simple meal, though.”

 

The elder heaved out a sigh, leaning away from the man and ed the top two buttons of his shirt.

 

“Can you even cook?” He asked sceptically which only managed to pull a rather pathetic frown out of the other tall male.  

 

“I’m trying to do something nice here, do not question further.”

 

Baek Hyun nodded in understanding, albeit hesitantly, and he looked away after that. He walked into the kitchen and crouched by the cabinet under the sink. Because the place had initially been Kyung Soo’s, everything was already there, the skillets and all and Baek Hyun took the red pan and started to rinse them. He rented the place from the man, supplying an extra income for the evil bastard because Kyung Soo had another more luxurious place to stay at. Who was he to question the man’s motive?

 

Chan Yeol joined him after that, standing by the cabinet and took out all the ingredients from the plastic bag. Both of them were quiet, with Baek Hyun taking out the chopping board and knife from the drawer and Chan Yeol washing the meat.

 

“Wait,” Chan Yeol finally said and Baek Hyun looked up to the other man.

 

“What?” He said in a bored tone, leaning by the cabinet next to the refrigerator and studied the tall male. Chan Yeol still had his shirt on and his hair was still red.

 

His neck was long too.

 

“You do have cooking oil, right?”

 

Ah.

 

===

 

Baek Hyun had offered to drive them to the convenient store some walking distance away because both of them were too lazy to walk. He saw a familiar white Evogue parked outside at the visitor’s bay on their way out.

 

“How was your day?” Chan Yeol had asked as Baek Hyun drove them away past the security post.

 

Baek Hyun had yet to change, white shirt crumpled and untucked, two upper buttons popped off and face a little greasy. His rear bumper was half out, frail and the risk of it falling off was high, but it was one risk he was willing to take. Because, you know, food.

 

“Tiring.” Obviously thanks to Jong Dae with his questions, Kyung Soo and Min Seok too. Also because he was an idiot, looking at his phone longingly 60% of the time expecting what, he wasn’t sure.

 

But yeah.

 

Chan Yeol didn’t need to know all that.

 

“I woke up with a massive headache,” Chan Yeol told him. “Ran in late to class, but my friend helped signing the attendance for me so, score.” He grinned.

 

“And you left your phone.” Baek Hyun remarked, pulling out an amused chuckle.

 

“Yes, I left my phone.” Chan Yeol said with a knowing smile and Baek Hyun pushed the signal toggle, turning left into the junction and slowing his car down in front of the shoplot. He can see the sign of the mart now.

 

It was 11.45pm.

 

===

 

In the end, they bought few bottles of flavoured sauce, mayonnaise and cooking oil.

 

Baek Hyun had showered while Chan Yeol grilled the meat. He walked out at 12.35am, freshly showered in black shorts and grey short sleeved tee to some simple fried rice and grilled pork. They smelled good, and Chan Yeol was playing with his phone by the dining table, face focused, frown wrinkling his complexion. His shirt had been abandoned by the couch leaving him with only low grey tank top. Baek Hyun didn’t know why he noticed how toned the younger man’s arms were.

 

“Looks good,” Baek Hyun said, catching the tall man’s attention and Chan Yeol smiled after that and he regretted even saying anything in the first place.    

 

Baek Hyun almost slapped himself after that, horrified because he was pretty sure that he wasn’t commenting on the plain looking fried rice and dry looking meat.

 

Chan Yeol’s grin had been wide, eyes crinkling knowingly and it frustrated Baek Hyun more, because he was such a sad .

 

“I know.”

 

What is wrong with me?

 

He cleared his throat awkwardly after that, choosing to focus on the food instead and he walked to the dining table.

 

It seemed that Chan Yeol had already familiarise himself with the plates and the utensils, serving them neatly on the table and Baek Hyun pulled out a chair for himself.

 

He scooped some rice for himself, dipping the meat using his hand into the sauce and threw them into his mouth, sighing at the salty and sweet taste of meat and sauce. He can feel the fat-and-sauce combo melted on his tongue at each of his chew, and he didn’t know why it pleased him so damn much, making him so warm and light.

 

It’s probably because you’re ing hungry, get a grip of yourself.

 

Chan Yeol was looking at him expectantly.

 

“How is it?” His tone was eager.

 

Baek Hyun turned to look at the man, schooling his face into a more controlled and calmed expression because Baek Hyun was a master of thousands expression. He was good like that.

 

“It’s okay.” He said nonchalantly, noticing that Chan Yeol’s face had fell down a notch and he quickly added a “But probably the best I’ve had all week.” He nodded to himself, strangely giddy when Chan Yeol beamed back.

 

“That’s good to hear.”

 

Dinner was a silent affair, and it was 2.15am when he sent Chan Yeol to the door with conflicting feelings because it was ed how after last night, he just can’t look at Chan Yeol in the same light anymore. Chan Yeol was not just a mindless and faceless stalker now. Chan Yeol was a person. Chan Yeol was alive. And Park Chan Yeol was one hot dude.  

 

===  

 

a/n: How was it? Was it ok? Nay? Just drop me a comment or two and lemme know..! :D

Anyway, I did linked the layout of Baekhyun's apartment, but if any of you guys missed it, this is how i looks like: apartment

 

Until the next time

 

-bluecoins