New Year's Eve

you and me against the world

Canon


Jiyong took a deep breath and peeked at the crowd from the backstage to see how many fans were present as he and his other members were a few minutes from going up the stage. He made plans for New Year's eve but he had to cancel it the last second because of their schedule for the night. Well atleast he would be spending it with the person he loved the most, anyway. He smiled to himself as he fixed his clothes. He could already feel his adrenaline kicking in. The cheers and loud sounds ignited something inside him that he wanted to rush out the stage and give all his best to perform.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist and there was a familiar weight on his shoulder. He didnt need to turn around to see who it was. 

"Hey" he whispered as he pressed himself closer against Seunghyun's chest. "Are you done preparing?" 

"Yeah. I've been looking everywhere for you. What are you doing here?" Seunghyun's voice was raspy from his power nap. He wasn't really a fan of naps before concerts but they had a pretty rough and rather exhausting night, and morning causing Seunghyun to lose most of his restored energy.

"Were you really? Something's telling me you've just woken up." Jiyong teased. He slowly turned around and wrapped his arms around Seunghyun's neck. There was a wide grin plastered on his face after seeing how his boyfriend turned slight red. 

"Well.. I looked for you as soon as I woke up, okay? You can ask Seungri!" 

"Oh please. You and I both know that Seungri is being careful.. about us." Jiyong's smile faltered but his tight hold around Seunghyun assured the older man that things would be just fine. 

"He is just worried about us. You know him." It was Seunghyun's turn to crack into a massive grin. He pulled Jiyong closer until their chests were pressed against each other, faces a few inches away from each other. 

"I know. I know. Enough about Seungri. I want to kiss you right now but.." Jiyong bit his lower lip and pretended he didnt see the slight hurt in Seunghyun's eyes as they pulled away from each other. No one would see them if they kissed but it was better to be careful than be sorry. 

They stood side by side in silence as they looked over the cheering crowd. Jiyong's excitement was still there and he knew Seunghyun was too, judging from the way he bobbed his head and those crazy legs started to move. Just like always, he was lost in his own little trance as he choomed his heart out. Jiyong just watched his boyfriend with so much awe. No matter how silly Seunghyun's movements were, he would still find him so endearing. 

"Hyung~ Stop. You're going to tire yourself. You should save your energy for our own stage." Jiyong warned. He tried to sound stern but failed miserably as Seunghyun did his signature dance move.  And ended it with a goofy smile on his face. Soon Jiyong bursted into a giggle fit and he had to fan himself as he could feel his face burning. "Aish! Come here!" He threw himself at Seunghyun's arms and hugged the older man as tight as he could. "I'm so happy hyung. I'm really thankful that they invited all five of us to be here tonight." 

"You're going to ruin my clothes for tonight and the stylist is going to be completely terrified again if she sees me with my clothes all wrinkled up again." Jiyong could hear the pout in his voice but he knew the older was just teasing him. It was a new thing, more like Seunghyun's escape from all the mushy stuff Jiyong had been throwing him. 

"Ya!" He lightly punched Seunghyun's chest and pouted up at the older, his eyes were big and cheeks were starting to swell. "Here I am being so happy to welcome the new year with you but all you can think about is the stylist's feelings? What about mine?" Jiyong huffed. He intended to joke at first but he suddenly felt emotional so he stepped back a bit to move away which was abruptly stopped when Seunghyun cupped his cheeks. 

"Don't be ridiculous. I always think about you, it's insane but I don't mind being insane as long as you're the reason. I'm also very happy that I spent the last day of the year with you and wake up with you on the first day of the new year. But do you know what makes me happier?" Jiyong shook his head as he looked up at his grinning boyfriend. "Knowing you are happy. You have no idea how glad and complete I feel when you are happy." 

Jiyong could feel his tears so he took a deep breath to try and calm himself but Seunghyun wouldn't just shut up. 

"Last year.." Seunghyun's pursed his lips and looked straight into Jiyong's eyes. Somehow, Jiyong knew what Seunghyun was about to say but he stayed quiet and only nodded as an encouragement for Seunghyun to continue. "Last year was not a pretty year for us but we were able to rekindle our romance this year. It was tough and I'm sorry if I stirred some misunderstandings that caused us to have small fights, I'm sorry if I didn't listen to you when you told me to rest, I'm really sorry for being a headache to you this year. Also, thank you. Thank you for taking me back into your life, for the chance to experience a lot of things with you by my side again." 

Jiyong's head started to spin, he could barely see a thing as his eyes were clouded with his tears. He didnt know when he started crying, but he didnt care anymore. He couldnt think let alone speak so he just stared and smiled at the man before him. 

"Ji.." Seunghyun continued. "I can't promise you a better year, because I don't have any control in anything but I promise to stay by your side and love you more each day. I'll do my best to keep you happy and satisfied, both romantically and ually of course. Things may be tough, but we will go through everything, okay?" Seunghyun wiped Jiyong's tears using his thumbs. 

"I hate you. I don't know what to say. You made me cry on New Year's eve!" Jiyong replied with more tears running down his cheeks but the brightest smile anyone could ever make. Seunghyun stepped closer and his hands shifted down to hold either side of Jiyong's neck. He leaned in until his lips met Jiyong's. 

"Hyun.." 

"Sh. Just kiss me." 

And Jiyong did. His hand moved up Seunghyun's shoulder which he gripped tightly as their kiss grew. There was no rush, no hesitance. It was sweet and gentle yet possessive and fulfilling at the same time. Jiyong could hear the loud cheer from the crowd that only intensified his kisses which were responded with equal fervor by Seunghyun. 

"Happy new year, baby." Jiyong whispered as soon as he pulled away from the kiss. Seunghyun smiled at him and caressed his jaws. 

"Happy new year too, baby." 

And before Jiyong could answer, they both heard someone cleared his throat so they hurriedly pulled away from each other. "I know what's next. "I love you, Hyunnie. I love you too, Ji." Yeah yeah. Hyungs whether you're done kissing or not, you have to stop now because we're going on stage in 10. Ji hyung, you need to get touched up. While you, Seunghyun hyung, uh. Come with me or something." 

Seungri walked away after saying his piece and with that, Jiyong and Seunghyun laughed as they followed their own police.