your sugar, yes please

you and me against the world

Jiyong and Seunghyun are parents with a baby named Mino.

 

Mentions of namsong, you don't need to squint to see, I think? I tried to make it as cute and fluffy as possible.. I hope I did not disappoint. @ me on twitter! Give me your feels!

 


 

“Papa..” a small voice whispers. Jiyong cracks one eye open and is met by little hands trying to reach him. He glances at the still sleeping figure before he smiles at the wide eyed and chubby cheeked Mino waiting for his attention.

“Hey there, baby. Is there something wrong?” He sleepily asks as he picks Mino up and settles the child between him and Seunghyun.

“Mr. CuddleBunny is hopping around in my room because he wants to play with me but Papa said I can only play if it’s not dark outside anymore..” Mino pouts as he looks up at his smiling father. He tries to keep it down to not wake Seunghyun up.

Mr. CuddleBunny is Mino’s imaginary friend. Some days it’s a fluffy cotton candy with bunny face, and some it’s a puppy with a penguin’s lower half. Jiyong learns that Mr. CuddleBunny’s appearance depends on Mino’s mood, the kid has a wide imagination after all.

“That’s right.” Jiyong kisses the top of Mino’s head and coos at his little baby, he pulls the thick blanket to cover all three of them. Mino turns and hugs his Papa as much as his little arms allow him to.

Jiyong smiles happily and begins his little baby’s back until they both fall asleep with Seunghyun’s snores filling the room.

 

Seunghyun wakes up some hours later, he almost jumps out of bed when he feels a lump between him and his husband but then his sense is filled with baby lotion and cologne that he applied on Mino the night before. He opens his eyes and feels warmth spread over his chest at the sight of his son and husband sleeping peacefully in each other’s arms. He leans down and presses light kisses on both their cheeks before carefully getting out of bed.

It doesn’t take long for Jiyong to wake up, again, and as much as he wants to stay longer in bed with his child still in his arms, the large and warm figure who kept him up late the night before because “Babe, we should have more pillow talks often” but ended up sleeping a minute or so later, is no longer in sight. So he gets up as cautiously as possible to not wake Mino up but as if on cue, Mino sits up straight and glances out of the window.

“It’s not dark anymore!” The child exclaims and jumps out of the bed, much to Jiyong’s horror and runs for the door but Jiyong’s much quicker and scoops him up then carries him to the bathroom to freshen up.

“I don’t think Mr.CuddleBunny would like to play with you and your morning breath.” Mino only sighs out loud and does that thing Seunghyun usually does when he wants something but Jiyong doesn’t allow. Those two really.. 

 

They both join Seunghyun for breakfast, Jiyong murmurs a small apology on Seunghyun’s cheek for sleeping in and not being able to prepare breakfast but Seunghyun just shakes his head and tightens his arms around his husband’s thin waist.

“It’s okay, you looked super cute sleeping like that with Mino. Which reminds me, why did our little baby end up sleeping in Papa and Daddy’s room?” He looks at Mino who is smiling cheekily at him before he picks up the little child and settles him on his lap.

“Just wanna~ Daddy can I share my cookies with Taehyunnie today?” Seunghyun swears he sees the twinkle in Mino’s eyes and he nudges Jiyong to check if the younger sees it as well. They both smile at each other. Mino would always mention Taehyun and how he likes hugging the other kid, Jiyong shed tears some nights ago because he was so emotional that Mino is growing up and ended up sleeping in Seunghyun’s arms. The other did not complain though, despite his dead arms. He loves it when Jiyong gets all sappy and cute.

“I don’t think there is anything wrong with sharing cookies with your friend, right? I’ll just call his parents later and ask if little Taehyunnie is okay with cookies.” Seunghyun simply answers and Mino just smiles as he gestures for his Papa to feed him more cereals.

After breakfast, they all prepare for the day. Jiyong helps Mino with his clothes after so much convincing that Taehyun would like it more if Mino didn’t wear his yellow SpongeBob sweater and bright red pants to pre-school today, and instead wear something that isn’t too.. flashy, Jiyong must say.

Seunghyun on the other hand is frowning and struggling with his tie. He is a grown up, a family man with a beautiful husband and a wonderful 5 year old son, a successful career with his own Accounting firm but he seriously can’t tie his own tie.

“You’re adorable. Come here.” Jiyong coos at Seunghyun as he puts on a beanie over Mino’s fluffy hair.

“This is so far from adorable, Ji. I’m in my early 30’s and I still can’t tie it on my own.” Frustration is written all over Seunghyun’s face and Jiyong tiptoes to kiss lines on his forehead and the grumpy frown on his lips.

“It’s okay, silly. You can do so many amazing things that only you can.”

“I guess you’re right. What am I going to do without you, Ji?”

Jiyong laughs and ties it for him then straightens his dress shirt and fixes his collar for him. “I don’t know~ Maybe wish for someone like me? Or is that too much?” Jiyong bites down his smile and lets himself be pulled into another hug which he easily melts into.

“I really can’t imagine my life without you. I’m still thankful it rained the day and my umbrella wouldn’t cooperate, if it wasn’t for all of that, I wouldn’t accidentally hit you on the face and make it up to you by buying you coffee and cupcakes.” They both laugh at the thought and Jiyong absentmindedly reaches for his cheek where Seunghyun’s umbrella hit him 10 years ago.

“It was my fault, I wasn’t paying attention to your umbrella because I was so smitten by how handsome you looked despite the foul weather.” Jiyong buries his face further in Seunghyun’s neck, he revels in his husband’s warmth and how nice it feels to be wrapped in Seunghyun’s arms.

It doesn’t take long before they hear Mino clear his throat. The kid is hugging a huge teddy bear to his chest and blinking up at them with wide eyes. They break apart and Seunghyun quickly grabs his bag and pretends to busy himself with his keychain.

“Are Papa and Daddy hugging because they love each other? I hug Taehyunnie too but he doesn’t hug me back.” Mino pouts and lifts his arms at Jiyong so his Papa can carry him.

“Maybe you should tone the hugging down a bit, honey. Okay?” Jiyong kisses the side of Mino’s head before they all get in the car.

“We’re here.” Seunghyun announces as they stop in front of Mino’s pre-school. Mino excitedly squirms in his booster seat and does grabby hands at Jiyong for his papa to unbuckle him.

Mino is about to jump out of the window when he sees Taehyun grinning and frantically waving at him but Seunghyun is quick to stop him.

“Hey hey hey. Where is daddy’s kiss?” Seunghyun pouts and Jiyong just wants to kiss the pout away himself. Mino leans close and kisses his daddy’s cheek then climbs in front to Jiyong’s lap.

“Papa come on! I will be late! I can’t be late! Let’s go! Let’s go!” Jiyong chuckles at his child’s excitement and gets out of the car with Mino. “I’ll be quick.” Jiyong winks at Seunghyun before he walks towards the building with Mino running in front of him.

Seunghyun watches from the car as Jiyong talks to Mino’s teacher and Mino pouncing on the smaller boy with parted hair. He thinks how blessed and satisfied he is with his family. He has a wonderful husband who manages to balance out everything, his career as a fashion designer, a father to a very energetic child and a partner who gives more than he should. He has a son who always asks random questions and brings out the 5 year old in him by convincing him to jump from one sofa to the other because there is lava on the floor, or make a blanket fort in the living room because there is a jungle filled with wild animals outside and their only safe place is the blanket fort itself, and a lot more. Seunghyun may not be the perfect husband or father since he usually spends a lot of time at work, it can be very demanding at times, but he makes sure to provide for his family as much as he can, not only financially because Jiyong is rich, he knows that, but also in little ways that he knows Jiyong and Mino will enjoy and appreciate.

Jiyong returns in the car with a slightly curious look on his face when he sees that wide smile on Seunghyun’s face.

“What got you smiling, Hyun?”

“I love you.”

“All of a sudden?” Jiyong raises his eyebrow and kisses the corner of Seunghyun’s lips before he buckles himself up. “I love you too. Now drive or we’ll be late.”

 Seunghyun complies and reaches for Jiyong’s hand and holds it tight as he drives. He knows he still has a lot to give to both Jiyong and Mino but for now, this, everything is perfect.