Window

you and me against the world

After listening to Coup d'etat, Seunghyun rushes to the studio hoping he would find Jiyong there. And there he is, sleeping peacefully on the couch. Seunghyun silently opens the door and carefully kneels beside Jiyong's sleeping form, battling if he should kiss those burrowed eyebrows or card his fingers through those over dyed locks. He watches his maybe ex, maybe not, boyfriend sleep for a brief moment. There wasn't any formal break up. There wasn’t any kind of talk.

They both woke up one morning carrying a huge lump in their chests, feeling uncomfortable with each other's presence. They choose not to speak, there is nothing to talk about, Seunghyun thinks. Jiyong is just busy with his album. Jiyong however has a lot to say, however he couldn't face and tell the other man because he knows where their talk will lead them. He waited for days, weeks and months for progress but to no avail. He poured everything to his album, hence a story of how broken he has been is told in his album. Seunghyun on the other hand thinks Jiyong still needs space.

Seunghyun is about to stand up when Jiyong's small frame shivers a little, he then takes his coat off and uses it as Jiyong's blanket. The younger clutches on the coat and easily nuzzles under it like his own blanket at home, he mumbles Seunghyun's name as he falls deeper in sleep with a smile on his face. A sight Seunghyun is not able to witness for he is already on his way out of the studio.




Jiyong wakes up with a smile, despite that pang in his heart. He has been dreaming of Seunghyun a lot these days but this time it was different, it felt and still feels so real. He curls himself under the warmth hugging him and it takes a few more seconds for him to realize that the older man’s favorite coat that they bought together in Japan is serving as his blanket. With a massive grin plastered on his face and eyes b with tears, Jiyong immediately runs out of the studio, not caring of how he looks like anymore because the only thing that matters is Seunghyun is here and maybe he still cares. Jiyong doesn't know how long he has been running or where he is going. He just needs to follow his feet. Making a turn to the left, his feet stopped running. His heart beats faster. The lump in his throat comes back. There are beads of sweat on his forehead. His hands clutch tighter to the coat he is holding. All that because Seunghyun is here.. standing and watching the sky through the huge glass window.

“It’s raining” Seunghyun smiles, his eyes are still locked at the raindrops on the huge glass window.

Jiyong only closes his eyes and hums as a response, feeling too excited that he finally hears that distinct velvety voice that never fails to send shivers down his spine.

“I’m quite disappointed knowing you are sad.. or is it for the song again?”

Jiyong opens his eyes to look at the older. His breathing almost stopped again but he knows what Seunghyun is talking about. He steps closer until they are inches apart but still too far for him because Seunghyun hasn’t turned away from the window yet.

“Do you remember the last time you made love to me? When I stayed silent and you asked why but I just smiled at you?”

Seunghyun stiffens but a smile still forms in his lips. “What about it?” He gradually faces Jiyong. He didn’t notice the dark circles earlier and how much Jiyong has lost weight.

Jiyong drops his gaze and gradually steps closer to Seunghyun, he hesitantly wraps his arms around his lover’s neck and melts quickly due to the other’s warmth. “I was too scared, I’ve always been. What if that would be the last time you do it with me? Everytime you make love to me, there is always this added passion that burns every single part of me. It scares me a lot, Hyun..”

Seunghyun bites his lips and hugs Jiyong even tighter. He is struggling to say the right words to assure the younger but as of this moment, Seunghyun is scared too.

He slowly pulls back after several minutes and cups Jiyong’s cheeks, smiling down at him softly while tenderly caressing those bony cheeks. “I love you so much, Ji. I don’t want to go anywhere else without you.”

Jiyong smiles after hearing those words. He doesn’t need any more promises because when Seunghyun says something, he definitely does it. He tiptoes and presses his lips against the older’s for a sweet kiss. This is what Jiyong all needed. Nothing else more. “I love you so much, Hyun. Always”