flowershopau

you and me against the world

warnings: lapslock. profanities but not that much.

gtop in a "i hate sun, flowers and everything bright but then i saw you" au. i tried, i really tried.


 

seunghyun hates the sun. he hates the idea of walking without a shade over his head even if it is just a few steps from the lobby of their office to his car parked right in front of the building. he hates- no, he loathes flowers. they are too bright and colorful for his likings. anything with life and happy is definitely not seunghyun's thing.

he is running a little late to work today, thanks to his alarm that did not go off when it was supposed to be. he was not really amused with how his morning was going and some little girls in scout uniforms holding several colorful balloons walked pass by him and seunghyun thought he would go blind on the spot. rushing to his car, he took a deep breath and started heading to work.

he thought his morning wouldn't get any worse when he saw this newly opened flowershop with so many flowers both inside and outside that had him wondering why the shop hasn't exploded yet from too much flowers.

"don't talk to me." he hisses through gritted teeth as he sees a beaming seungri standing outside his office door. that guy is always smiling anyway and seunghyun always rejects him. what's so good about the day that seungri's smiling like that? seunghyun can only shake his head and goes on his work mode as soon as he steps in his office.

seunghyun wishes there was a faster route to his work because he really can't stand seeing the same flowershop everyday. who in their right mind would open up a flower shop in the middle of a busy city? not everyone enjoys flowers and besides, some people might be allergic to them so how ing insensitive and rude of that shop owner.

"what got you so grumpy today?" seungri asks one day during lunch. and he pretended he didn't hear the younger mutter "not like you're better before, but you're grumpier today. oldie." seunghyun could only glare at him as he finished his sandwich, suddenly not feeling to stay any longer with someone like seungri. no, not anymore.

everyday is a struggle, seunghyun decided one morning to take the other route but he ended up 30 minutes late due to heavy traffic. he thought that maybe if he woke up early- but cursed as soon as it entered his mind. he isn't really a morning person and waking up earlier than usual would only make him want to cut seungri's head off if he sees that smile again. maybe he'll just try to ignore that certain shop, he is good at ignoring things anyway so he is pretty sure he will feel better soon.

one week after ignoring the said shop, seunghyun starts feeling lighter and he isnt on the verge of shoving seungri's smiley face down his own anymore. the shop no longer exists in his head but it seems like life is ing with him as he sees a boy- probably a man that looks young for his age- wearing a white dress shirt that is too large for him, shorts that are too short for any decent person and a damn flower crown on his head. he was twirling and even if seunghyun can't hear, he knows the boy is singing as he gives flowers to people passing by.

"what the ?!" seunghyun curses loudly, he doesn't even notice he is holding a traffic behind him as he stops his car just to stare in disbelief at the dancing boy with stupid flower crown on his head. well said dancing boy with stupid flower crown on his head, with his stupid happy aura, and bright smile, and maybe twinkly eyes, is the only sight seunghyun has been seeing all day. he feels shiver down his spine and he isn't sure if he feels sick because someone is so happy like that. he is sure he has never hated anyone or anything (because that flower crown is so damn stupid ok)

seunghyun surrenders to the idea that he is losing his mind. he can't focus on his work, he hasn't been sleeping well and he feels terrible each day all because of the dancing flower boy. seunghyun rolls his eyes at the new nickname. that is how seunghyun finds himself standing outside the flower shop he has been hating for a while now. he hates his life, he decides as he squints his eyes to see if there is any life form inside the shop. he is not even sure if some kind of satan is there, because seriously, there are too much flowers. too much flowers that seunghyun is already wincing at the possibility of him transforming into a huge pollen or any kind of flower.

before any shop owners nearby call the cops on him, because he has been standing there looking like he is about to murder any living thing that comes near him, he rushes inside and curses when the bells announce his arrival.

"just a moment~" a cheerful voice calls out from the back and seunghyun feels his stomach tighten. this isn't a good idea, he thinks. he is about to leave when he hears someone humming, and seunghyun swears he can definitely go deaf if the other person doesn't stop.

"hello there! how may i help you?" the owner asks and seunghyun simply turns to face the other with a frown. flower boy standing inches from him with newly prepared bouquet against his chest, pink apron hanging loosely around his lithe body and a more colorful flower crown on his head that almost caused seunghyun's eyes burn. but he has most breath-taking smile seunghyun has ever seen. he stares at this pretty man in front of him longer than any normal person would before clearing his throat.

"uhm."

"yes?" the boy tilts his head and bats his eyelashes at seunghyun. he ing bat his eyelashes and seunghyun thinks it was very cute.

"no!"

and with that he dashes out of the shop, leaving several extreme curses and a very confused shop owners.

a week later he finds himself standing at the same spot before, frowing so deeply his lips could possibly touch the roots of the nearest tree. he can see the shop owner dancing around the shop while arranging some flowers. he takes a deep breath and goes straight inside. the shop owner turns to the door with the same bright smile and soon turns into a straight line as he sees seunghyun glaring at him.

"it's you again!" he claps his hands as he grins at seunghyun.

"why- why the are you wearing a flower crown?!"

"huh?"

"that stupid thing on your pretty head. it's so ing colorful my eyes hurt from just looking."

"i-"

"and stop singing, and dancing! and even smiling! it's so damn irritating seeing you so happy and i just cant stop thinking about you and your pretty face even at night when i'm about to sleep!" seunghyun is panting when he finishes. the other boy is staring at him wideeyed but seunghyun doesn't miss the tinge of pink slowly spreading over the other's soft cheeks. after realizing what he just did, seunghyun runs away. throwing profanities everywhere causing some mothers and their children gasping at him.

"seunghyunie hyung~~" seungri chirps as he leans against the door frame of seunghyun's office.

"if this isn't about work, off. i am not in the mood." it has been days since the incident in that flower shop and if he couldn't sleep properly before, things are worse now. he is cranky at all times and his eyes scream murder everytime he looks at someone.

"whoa whoa. tell me exactly when was the last time you got laid and you're this frustrated about life?" seungri manages to duck from the flying stapler towards him and decides he shouldnt bother seunghyun anymore.

seunghyun heard from one of his workmates that walks can reduce stress so when he got home, he showered fast and put on comfortable clothes before making his way to the park to have this walk. it felt nice the first few minutes until he found himself standing outside the flower shop again.

"what kind of ing trick is this?! is he some kind of fairy that charms people because i'm not down for any of that ery!" he starts kicking and cursing again then stops in his tracks as he feels eyes staring at him. turning to his side, he sees the boy looking at him with wide eyes. he doesnt look terrified but he is gripping an elephant in his hands. yeah an elephant that people use to water the plants.

"look- i don't know why i'm here okay?! and i don't want your ugly fl-" seunghyun halts as he sees the other boy looking at him with almost teary eyes.

"- don't. don't you dare." he whispers and takes a couple of steps closer to the weeping boy but said boy winces away and holds up the elephant.

"call my flowers ugly again and i will hit you hard in the head until you start worshipping my flowers." his voice is shaking and seunghyun instantly feels guilty.

"but-"

"i was not finished yet! my flower crowns are beautiful! i make them myself with so much effort and who are you to tell me not to wear them?! i sing and dance because the flowers will look livelier if i did!" seunghyun is sure he offended the boy too much. and he is ready if cops take him down to the precinct that instant for making the city's favorite flower boy cry.

"m'sry." he mumbles as he fidgets on his spot.

"what?"

seunghyun shakes his head and looks away.

"i already said."

"i didn't hear it so say it again."

"no."

"say it."

"no."

they stare at each other for a long time until seunghyun feels himself slowly surrendering at the way the boy looks at him.

damn it. "i said m'sry."

"say it properly."

"i'm sorry!" seunghyun doesn't mean to shout. so he says it again. "i'm sorry."

the boy only nods and steps toward to him, the close proximity allows seunghyun to see the boy's tear stained cheeks, wet lashes from crying, eyes that bore nothing but innocence, and face that is so beautiful seunghyun has to step back a little to catch his breath.

"i'm jiyong." he sniffles and slowly loosen his grip on the elephant. he looks expectantly at seunghyun but seunghyun stares back at him. it takes him some more while before he realizes what that look on jiyong's face means.

"oh, i'm seunghyun."

"you said you couldn't stop thinking about me?" jiyong is blinking up at him and seunghyun eagerly nods.

"okay then seunghyun. i close my shop at 7. buy me dinner tomorrow?"

seunghyun stays speechless for what feels like years before he answers.

"see you tomorrow then." seunghyun thinks he is going to lose his mind again, not because of the flowers but because of that smile on jiyong's face. it isn't like the usual bright one he sees everyday. it's completely different and for the first time in years, seunghyun finally finds himself smiling.