-2-

My Kiss, My Love

Ah Jin POV

I was on the way back to our old house. My auntie was crying when I bid her good bye, so my dad let her come with us instead. I told my friends and they were begging for me not to go. I couldn't do that, I promised to visit them often so they let me go.

Here i was standing in front of my room. It still the same as the time I left them. I hugged Mr. Beanie, my super-giant teddy bear that Dad&Mom bought me on my 7th birthday. I couldn’t bring him to uncle’s house so he was left here.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

“Come in, it’s unlocked.” I couldn’t pull myself from Mr. Beanie.

“It should be on trash already.” My dad let out his oh-so-evil-laugh.

“I’ll kill you.” I was death-glaring him and he just chuckled.

“Picking teddy bear over me now, huh?” He ruffled my hair but I hit his arm instead.

“I was joking, baby girl. Why are you hitting me?”

“You’re so meanie. You know how much I love Mr. Beanie.” I pouted and he pinched my left cheek.

“Accept my apologize from what i did earlier, Princess. I’ll buy ice cream.”

I was grinning widely. “Okay, I accept your apologize. Now buy me ice cream. I wanna ice cream.” I started dancing Hyuna’s Ice Cream until my dad stopped it.

“Okay later, I have to told you something first.” His face become serious.

Soon he told me about something I didn’t expect.

“I will remarried.”

Wait, what? What in the world was he saying. He was gone and came back after three years just to be remarried. I was sure this is the most shocking moment in my life. I didn’t get mad. Actually I was happy he could find his love. I know he was sad and felt lonely when mom gone. I even suggested him to find a wife. But, I didn’t expected it to be now. I mean why so suddenly, he didn’t tell me he was dating someone.

“Ah Jin, are you mad at me?” He snapped me back to reality.

“Umm Dad, i need my time alone. Can you please leave my room?” He sighed and i could tell guilty all over his face.

“Don’t skip dinner, okay?” I just nodded and he left my room.

I burried my face to Mr. Beanie and slowly I drifted to the dreamland.

“Mom!!!” i woke up by the wind blow from the window that was opened. I was sure it was closed before. I suddenly remembered my dream. I met my mom and she said, “I’m happy for your dad, you should too Jinnie-ah. Soon, you’ll find yours.” And then she faded away.

“Maybe mom was right, I shouldn’t be selfish. I don’t want Dad to be sad. But what does she mean by I’ll find mine? Nevermind.” I muttered to myself.

I dragged myself downstair just to found auntie packing her things.

“Auntie, where are you going?”

“Oh, my baby i should come back to Busan, your uncle’s dad is sick. Please don’t be sad baby, I will visit you soon, okay? If you need anything just phone me. I will come here right away even if it’s just to braid your hair. Anything for you sweetie. Just don’t be sad okay? Uh, the taxi is here. See you soon my baby.” She kissed my forehead and left me confused.

“Be safe babe.”

“Alright I love you too.” And then the driver drove away.

Right, she is absolutely the weirdest yet cutest auntie in the world. I chuckled thinking how cute she was. I searched my dad and found him in our mini library.

“Dad, can I come in?”

He stared at me and nodded. I sit beside him on the sofa.

“Look Dad I wasn’t mad at you. Forgive me for my bad attitude before, I was just shocked.”

He wasn’t replying and i found him stared at the floor blankly. I poked his shoulder and he looked at me.

“I’m not either, my girl. Please forgive me instead. And i want you to forgive me for this one too.”

“What this one did you mean?”

“My friend uhm i mean my wife-to-be will move in here” I stared at him trying to figure what’s on his mind “...tonight” he continued.

“What?”

My Dad opened his mouth but i cutted his action “You should be grateful to have a daughter like me.”

“Y...you accepted her?” I nodded.

He hugged me, so tight that i couldn’t breath. I pulled away from his hug.

“So, dress up handsomely, okay. I don’t want my King looked like an ugly duck in front of his queen-to-be.” I pushed him to his room.

“You too, fyi she has a son. A very handsome boy, just like me.” He winked at me. I just rolled my eyes.

I didn’t know why i put so much effort dressing for tonight. It was not like that i would meet Prince of England. But the feeling was good. I rushed downstair to find my dad in his light blue shirt along with black pants,simple yet elegant. I  wore my flowery dress and I braided my hair. The door bell rang, my dad gestured me to came with him. So here I was standing in front of our house door. Dad opened the door as I bowed. My smiling face vanished when i see him. How come it to be him, the guy i hated the most, Kim Jong In.