Piano Lullaby

✿ One More Day ✿ (ON-GOING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  After the whole misunderstanding-fangirls problem and your falling-over incident, you were finally able to start the tour you've been waiting for since the beginning of the day — this time without any interruptions. Although your time was shortly limited, yet again, Taehyung still happily guided you around the first and second floor to begin with. He explained that the first level was mainly where the larger and noisier activity areas were located, along with other necessary places. Those included the main lobby, cafeteria, gyms, pools, and dance studios. You really didn't expect the academy to have a dance studio, much less two dance studios. It was very open and the walls were plastered with several large mirrors, lots of great lighting from the ceiling, and near a corner sat a grand piano — a beautiful instrument you were instantly attracted to. In fact, every room on the first level was spacious and allowed sound to bounce across the room and echo, proving Taehyung's statement as to why they were put on the bottom floor.

  The second floor, as Taehyung described it, was more like the 'quiet floor'. There was the huge library, science labs, and the announcement-broadcast room. No kidding, when you stepped into the library, you felt like you were in the 'Beauty and the Beast' library set, except bigger. You joked that a second tour may even be needed for the library itself. You just loved loved loved to read all sorts of books, so when you were shown the library you couldn't help but act like an infant that just entered Disney World for the first time. Along with the announcement-broadcast room, you weren't exactly allowed to enter, but you got to peek into the door-window and gaze at the difficult gadgets and screens and mic. You felt like you were looking into the broadcasting-room in the k-drama 'Heirs'. So cool!

  Moving on, Taehyung proceeded to give you the rest of the tour. He lead you to the elevator and then pressed the '5th Floor' button once the two of you were in. You looked at him inquisitively because he had skipped the third and fourth level.

  "Why're we skipping all the way to the fifth floor?" you asked him.

  "That's just the homerooms and lockers. It's not really needed for me to give you a tour on that," he replied straightforwardly.

  "But how would I find my way around?"

  He further clarified thoroughly from the beginning. You nodded in response to his long and complex explanation. Although he spoke of it all at once, you were able to understand a majority of how things were organized and set up. Automatically, your mind created it into a chart:

 

Grade  9 Floor 3: A-G (left hall) rooms #300(A)-306(G) Grade 10 Floor 3: A-G (right hall) rooms #307(A)-313(G) Grade 11 Floor 4: A-G (left hall) rooms #400(A)-406(G) Grade 12 Floor 4: A-G (right hall) rooms #407(A)-413(G)

 

- bing! -

  After leaving the elevator, Taehyung quickly guided you through three more places of the academy: the kitchens, the art rooms, and the music rooms. When you arrived at the kitchen, you instantly knew where you were because of the strong and delightful pastry-smell. You knew how to cook and bake ever since you were in middle school. Your father would always be busy, leaving early and coming home late from his company work. You couldn't depend on your mother, either, because she stayed at the hospital ever since she became very ill. That left you with no choice but to cook and clean for yourself, but you still enjoyed it — the cooking and eating part, not so much the cleaning. Now, there were only some rooms you were dying to enter — all of the music rooms. Sadly, the windows were tainted black, making it difficult to even see what intruments and other things the school provided and how the rooms were built. You sighed, feeling a bit disappointed, but you immediately brightened when you remembered that your last class would always be Music. 

- ding! ding! ding! ... ding! ding! ding! -

  The bell rang right at the end of your tour. Now that lunch was over, you had two classes left before the end of your first day: Business Management & Technology and then Music. You and Taehyung headed to your second-last class, arriving earlier than most students. You took your regular seat and made yourself comfortable. Little by little, the other students filed in before the teacher started class. Because you were so restless about getting through your current course, you didn't notice how time flew by so quickly. What was actually forty minutes felt like ten. Usually, time would only be crawling ever so slowly when you're anticipating something later. But with your mind occupied with your repeating thoughts of your love for music, you were distracted from ticking time. Luckily the teacher was only going through some ground rules with student behaviour and proper usage of electronics in class, because most of the time you weren't even paying your full attention. You did take simple notes though, only when you weren't zoning out into space. Finally, when the bell rang, you hoped out of your chair and gathered your things into your bag, and then rushed to the elevator. Everyone was startled by your quickly reaction to the bell, and they literally watched you speed out the door.

  Yesssss! It's Music! Your mind was completely set on that fact. The moment the elevator doors opened on the fifth floor, you fast-walked and sort of jogged your way to your destination, remembering the exact directions Taehyung had shown you. At last, you arrived at your goal destination! You turned the knob and opened the door, stepping into a brilliant white and blue room. There were abundant seats and stands organizingly placed around. A drum set was nearby a simple, yet elegant, black piano that was in the centre of the room. You eyes trailed from the piano to all the instruments packed up and shelved neatly into the cabinets. There were brass instruments, percussions, woodwinds, and string instruments all seen in their perfect categories. 

  You were the first to arrive, of course, so you chose a seat in the front row and patiently waited for the teacher and students to come in. Once everyone arrived and was seated, the teacher introduced himself as Mr.Jong and then immediately began going through the attendance like other teachers. It was only then that you found out all of the BTS boys were in your specialty music class! You didn't notice until Mr.Jong called through the names alphabetically and when a boy named 'HoSeok' was called, a bunch of girls squealed. You looked around as to why girls were screaming and then realized that the BTS crew was all together. How could you have not noticed? They were practically beside you! After going through the rest of the class names with some more screaming fans, you all enjoyed a fun game of 'ice-breakers', an easy way to get to know others, since he was apparently a new music teacher in the building. During the rest of the class, everyone got to list their top three priorities for the instruments each person wanted to play. You put in 1)violin, 2)piano, and 3)gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter