Food-Heaven

✿ One More Day ✿ (ON-GOING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Okay, so does everyone understand?" Mr.Kang, your science professor, asked after going through a lesson on blood types and genetics.

  "Ne," the class responded.

  "Alright, then if anyone has any questions or if you're too afraid to admit you don't understand, just come and ask me. I'll be doing my own work for the meantime."

  Everyone was now busy taking notes of the information and diagrams on the board, including you. But because you had read books and did your own research on these topics, you had less notes to take since you already understood all the concepts of the teacher's lesson. You only noted key-words, important parts of the lesson, and drew diagram-copies before you closed your book and packed up earlier than the others. You were usually, if not always, a few steps ahead of your classmates. Mainly in academics, you would be first when it came to knowledge. Except you never chose to study before-hand for the reason of being ahead of everyone else in class, but because you simply enjoyed learning on your own and expanding your mindset, and that was what got you to the top of all lists and got you accepted to Dalelia.

  But on the other hand, you also didn't mind being ahead of people in some classes because, technically, you would just be reviewing what you already know, which also gave you extra practice before tests and helped improve your memory. You remembered telling yourself that studying wasn't something you did for others but for yourself. Certainly, it has become a habit of yours, which wasn't all a bad thing. When you were bored, you would pull out a book from the local library and sit down to read for hours-on-end. You just felt like you were opening up the world to find it's mysteries and answers, and so it intrigued you to read all sorts of books.

  "Hm..," you sighed. You had nothing else to do since you finished your notes early, and you didn't have a new book with you to read at the moment, so you were left with your mind to wander. You placed your elbow on the desk and let your chin rest upon the palm of you hand. Boredom eventually took over and before you knew it, you were quietly singing to a song you really liked — Taeyang's Eyes, Nose, Lips. "Mianhae mianhae hajima~ naega chorahaejijanha~ ppalgan yeppeun ipsullo eoseo nareul jugigo ga~ Naneun gwaenchanha~ Majimageuro nareul barabwajwo~ Amureochi anheun deut useojwo~ Nega bogo sipeul ttae~ gieokhal su itge~ Naui meorissoge ne eolgul geuril su itge~..." You only sang that much, but some of the classmates around you had heard your soft voice and clapped, which caught you off guard because you thought you were pretty quiet while singing.

  "Wow, Sohee! You have an amazing voice!" said one of your classmates.

  "Sohee, you should try out for the school talent show when it comes. You have a great voice and everyone would love to hear it!" cheered another. The others who also heard nodded their heads enthusiastically.

  You wondered for a moment, imagining how it would be like to perform on stage at Dalelia. You would be the center of attention, just a single spotlight on you and only you. The crowd of students and teacher and possibly parents watching you throughtout your whole performance with gleaming and star-struck eyes. Ahh, that would be nice. But the sudden reminder that 'if you screwed up once on stage you would be a laughing-stock for the rest of your school year' struck you like lighting. It wasn't like you have never performed for an audience before, but it was just that you weren't as comfortable with performing in front of several people who know you and go to the same school as you do, so it's kinda embarrassing. Sigh, what a dilemma. It's like you want to, but you're not exactly sure either.

  "Ahaha. Thanks, but I'm not quite sure if I'm up for that," you told your classmates. "I'll consider it when the time comes to audition."

  "Aww, don't worry, it's nothing to be afraid of! I'm sure you'll do great! Fighting!" your classmates said before they returned to chatting with others while you were left to sit by yourself, again.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter