Five

Branching Out
Please log in to read the full chapter

< Luhan's POV >

 

"Have you ever been so drunk," Kris groaned, "that you felt like running out into the street to look for someone selling ingredients to make hangover soup?" Luhan looked at him with a questioning expression. 

"Not," he added hastily, "that I've ever done that."

"Sure you haven't," Chanyeol said. 

Luhan lifted his bottle of beer to his lips and chugged what was left down, the sharp taste hitting the back of his throat. "Aish, never again."

"'Never again' what?" 

"Never again will I drink with you. I feel like puking," Luhan shot back. 

"C'mon Lu, it's not so bad. You get used to it. Drunk beyond reason is just one of my moods now," Kris nudged his arm.

"Not surprising," he muttered. "Well, I should really go...it's late and Tao will be wondering where the hell I went off to."

"He knew you came to the party," Chanyeol pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I didn't think I'd be staying this long and something tells me he isn't in the mood to pick me up right now, which he'll have to if I drink any more."

"Fine, buzz kill. Bye, Lu," Kris said, waving.

"Get the hell out of my house, Xiao Lu," Chanyeol added, grinning widely and winking. He suddenly burped and laughed loudly, slapping the floor with his hands. 

Luhan took that as his cue to leave. 

He stepped put to his car and drove slowly down the road, making sure not to run over any bunnies or squirrels or...humans.

After quite some time he reached his apartment. It was dark out, the only reason he didn't trip over his own feet was the lamp above the door to his apartment complex. He let himself up and to his own 'home', then quietly poked his head through the doorframe. The Chinese boy heard snoring, which assured him that Tao was asleep. Luhan tiptoed into his bedroom and grabbed a change of clothes, chnaging into them before going back out into the kitchen. 

He opened the cupboards and looked through, finding nothing except for a full can of peanut butter.

That would have to do. 

Luhan sighed as he sunk down into a chair, peanut butter and cell phone in hand. He unlocked his phone and scrolled through Instagram. A few minutes later, he heard a noise c

Please log in to read the full chapter