Three

Branching Out
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first thing Chen noticed as they stepped into Chanyeol's house was the purple, pulsating lights. Seriously, it was starting to give him a damn migrane. The next thing was the smell of booze. Chen didn't drink, he preferred to stay as far away from alcohol as possible (although that was kind of hard to do when one was friends with Baekhyun). 

"Baekkie! You came!" Chanyeol's deep voice boomed over the loud electronic music. "And you brought Chen Chen!" 

"Hi, Chanyeol," he muttered nervously. 

"Woah, woah, woah," Baekhyun interrupted. "Look over there. I see some bait, just begging me to come for it," he said, and made his way across the room, grabbing Chanyeol's beer from his hand and downing it in a gulp. Chanyeol stood, beer-less, and clapped a hand on Chen's back.

"Hey, go on. Have fun, I'm sure there's someone you'll like," he encouraged the shorter, anxious man as he waltzed back to the kitchen for more beer, leaving Chen alone.

 

 

8:45 pm

That was the time on Chen's phone when he checked it out of boredom.

He'd taken shelter in Chanyeol's room upstairs after almost being assaulted by a very handsy, pink-haired girl in a neon green tube top. 

He didn't want to remember the details. 

The bed was comfortable, he supposed as he squished the mattress with his hand. 

It was much quieter up here, save for the heavy beats of the music he could softly hear through the floor. Chen laid back

Please log in to read the full chapter