Four

Branching Out
Please log in to read the full chapter

After about an hour or so, Chen had practically heard Luhan's life story. He'd grown up in Beijing and came to Korea before Kris to study, even though he hadn't known a word of Korean. He liked to sing and had tried out for an entertainment label but wasn't accepted. Luhan never went back to his family in China because he really loved Korea and all its food. 

"Well, you seem pretty good in Korean now," Chen said once Luhan had finished. 

"Yeah, I mean, I've been here for almost six years and I went to a college here so..."

Chen didn't add that he could hear Luhan's Chinese accent clearly when he pronounced vowels. 

"So, Chen," he said, waving a hand in front of said boy's face. "This was fun, but I should go back down there. Maybe I'll see you again sometime?" 

"Oh, uhm, yeah, maybe...or...you could just...give me your number? I-i mean, you don't have to, but it would be easier to keep in contact, I think?" 

"Hey, that's a great idea! Here, give me your phone, I'll put in my number. Here's mine," he said, stretching out his arm, phone in hand. Chen dug his own from his back pocket and exchanged the two, putting in his number and writing 'Chen' as the contact. 

"Thanks," Luhan beamed, taking back his phone. "I'll call you," he assured Chen as he left the bedroom. 

Chen was in silence once again. Had he just...exchanged numbers? With a guy? One who could become his friend? He'd quite enjoyed talking to Luhan, the latter was easy to make conversation with. He looked down at his phone and saw the contact that lit up the device, the name reading 'Xiao Lu~'.

Chen smiled and put the phone back in his pocket, falling back ag

Please log in to read the full chapter