LoveHate Thing

Tutor Boyfriend

Chapter 7 : LoveHate Thing


It was midnight when Baekbeom walked passed the blue-white themed room of his brother. Ray of lights could be seen squashing through the slight opened door. He decided to check on Baekhyun, just in case he fell asleep with lights on eventhough Baekbeom knew he rarely did. As soon as he entered, he had to blink eyes few times just to ensure he was seeing correctly. Baekhyun was studying? My brother, Byun Baekhyun? Baekbeom thought he was dreaming that he needed to pinch on his cheek in order for him to distinguish reality from fantasy. Ouch? This is reality. 

 

 

 

"Baekkie.. why are you still up?" Baekbeom moved towards his brother and stood behind him.

 

 

 

"Ah hyung. You startled me. I'm not sleepy yet" Baekhyun informed, giving a slight turn to his brother before continuing on his calculation again.

 

 

 

Baekhyun had his mind straight towards the goal. He must prove to Chanyeol that he was completely wrong about him. What Chanyeol never know, he was a determined person that he must get whatever he wished for. The insulting words from the taller kept on bugging him that he could not get himself to sleep that night. He felt pissed to be underestimated like that, but other than that, he felt hurt. Why would he feel that way?

 

 

 

"But it's late. You know you can continue tomorrow, right?" Baekbeom concerned. He was glad to see his brother that way but still he disapproved if the boy neglected his sleep for studying. As for him, teenage boy like Baekhyun needed enough sleep for 8 hours.

 

 

 

"Just a little bit more. I'll get this done, then only I'll go to sleep. My exams are just around the corner"

 

 

 

"Okay but don't sleep too late. You don't want me to splash you with cold water, early in the morning again" Baekbeom reminded. He had to do that each time Baekhyun refused to wake up and feeling amused himself by the reaction showed by the boy.

 

 

 

"Okay okay.. I get it. Goodnight, hyung" Baekhyun replied, literally shoving his brother away.

 

 

 

"Goodnight baby brother" Baekbeom landed a loving kiss on his head before leaving there to his room positioned just next to Baekhyun's.

 

 

 

Eventually, Baekhyun ended up falling asleep right there, with opened books, scattered stationery, and head pillowed by arm.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

The next day, as usual during recess time, Chanyeol stayed in the library for some revision, or sometimes just to borrow few books since he was aware that his parent could not afford to buy it. He ate at the cafeteria only once in a while because normally, his mom prepared him breakfast. Chanyeol sat on a table placed at the corner and slid a hand into the deep black bagpack of his. Right then was when he found an unfamiliar wallet in it.

 

 

"That's weird.. Who-" He wondered until he recalled the incident happened in the bus few days back. He was totally forgot about it that he had been keeping it for days.

 

 

 

Chanyeol locked gaze to the soulless wallet in his hand. He opened it up and found Baekhyun's emotionless face on his identification card plus quite a number of dollars. What if he's dead looking for it? What if he desperately needs it right now? What if.. Ugh who caresHe chose to ignore the feeling of guilt in which was eating his inside. Chanyeol placed it down and tried to drag his mind back to the Physics book. The more he tried, the more it hovered over his head. He quietly groaned on the bugging feelings, soon enough found himself marching down the school hallway to the cafeteria, as if he knew Baekhyun would be there.

 

 

 

Meanwhile..

 

 

 

"Kyungie ah! What should I do? I think I lost my wallet!" Baekhyun worried, approaching Kyungsoo at the cafeteria. A while ago, he ran back to class in order to check on his wallet in school bag but it was nowhere to be found. He could hardly remember when was the last time he saw it. 

 

 

 

"For real? You're not playing the old tricks again, are you?" Kyungsoo eyed the other, suspiciously. Baekhyun once pretended that he lost his wallet just for him to pay for his meals. In return, Baekhyun received a hard smack and bruised hand for days.

 

 

 

"I swear I'm not" Baekhyun replied, innocently.

 

 

 

Chanyeol stood at the entrance of the crowded cafeteria, lengthened up his neck with eyes wildly searching around for the petite boy. The small figure of Baekhyun making it harder to find him within the sea of students. Chanyeol could not be sure why was he even there and greatly judging himself for that.

 

 

 

"Yo. Why are you here? I thought you said you're not hungry" Sehun came out from nowhere, munching on butterscotch flavored bread. He gave the taller a light slap on the hand, snapping Chanyeol out of his thought. 

 

 

 

"Ah. I'm here to look for someone" 

 

 

 

"Who?" Sehun asked while furrowing eyebrows. Basically, Chanyeol's friends were all his too since there won't be Chanyeol without Sehun, accept at the library since he was never a bookworm type.

 

 

 

Chanyeol left the question flew through the air and vanished away when finally he spotted Baekhyun with worried face on queuing up in the line with his owl eyed friend. Without a second thought, he stretched his long legs towards the boy with the wallet in his hand, followed by the still confused Sehun. 

 

 

 

"Think this is yours" Chanyeol said, as soon as he reached the smaller, handing it in.

 

 

 

"Why is this with you?? So you're the one who took it?!" Baekhyun frowned while looking up to the taller, snatching the wallet from him roughly.

 

 

 

"Took it?? Do you think I'm that low?" Chanyeol replied, never in his mind that Baekhyun would think he stole it. 

 

 

 

"Sorry to say but YES YOU ARE. Why would it be with you then?"

 

 

 

"Hfff. What do I even expect from ungrateful mindless kid like you?" Chanyeol's face flushed red with rage.

 

 

 

"Hey kid. Don't you know how to show some gratitude towards the person who picked up your dropped thing? I should have stopped him from doing so" Sehun who was just watching from the beginning, butted in as irritation hit him. Nobody talks to his buddy like that!

 

 

 

"Let's go Sehun. It's useless talking to this boy" Chanyeol left there with a great regret for keeping the wallet in the very first place.

 

 

 

Baekhyun went speechless as he watched Chanyeol and Sehun making their way out of the cafeteria. He knew for sure that this time, he did wrong. He shifted eyes to Kyungsoo just to receive a judging look from him. 

 

 

 

"I swear I wanted to hit you hard so badly right now. How can you be this helplessly dense?" Kyungsoo shook a head to his thoughtless friend.

 

 

 

"I know. I'm sorry.." Baekhyun mumbled in low voice that could barely be heard.

 

 

 

"It's not me who you should ask apology from. It's Chanyeol"

 

 

 

"But Kyungie.."

 

 

 

"I don't want to hear anymore. By hook or by crook, you must apologize to him!"

 

 

 

Baekhyun bit on his bottom lips while nodding slowly, feeling himself like the lowest on Earth.

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Later in the evening, Baekhyun flopped down on the couch beside his brother, resting chin on palms. He could not help but to steal glance at the clock, it was already the 7th time within a minute. Where is him? Shouldn't he be here by now? God what am I even thinking?? The show on television failed to get on his interest when he kept on changing the channel that it came to annoy Baekbeom.

 

 

"Hand me the remote if you're not going to watch any" He turned around, taking it away from Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

"Don't blame me. The show are all !"

 

 

 

"Yeah right.. Ah I almost forgot to tell you. Chanyeol said he couldn't come today" Baekbeom added, eyes never leave the basketball match on TV.

 

 

 

"Huh. W-why??" Baekhyun gave a quick turn to the other, unable to hide his disappointment. 

 

 

 

"Why? I thought you would be happy to hear that"

 

 

 

"Of course I am. The happiest person ever!" Baekhyun faked a laugh (which sounded terribly fake), lifting up his body from there and left upstairs to his room.

 

 

 

"Something is wrong with him.." Baekbeom speculated.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Baekhyun rolled back and forth on his restful bed and drowned his small body in the thick bed cover. No matter what he did, he could see Chanyeol on every corner especially the place he usually sit. He tried to close his eyes, hoping the illusion would disappear but still, the face of the once cocky senior with his mesmerizing smile came ghosting over him. Baekhyun buried his face into the padded pillow. This is guilt. That's all. Nothing's more! Baekhyun answered to his own puzzled mind but.. the second the vision came again, he felt his heart skipped beats. 

 

 

 

"You like him, Baekhyun" The inner voice of his whispered, resolving everything like a BANG!

 

 

 

 

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

 


Author's note:

Yayyy! As promised, I updated fast, even sooner than I expected. ^^

Sorry for this boring chappie. Please tell me anything I should improve on.

Feel free to comment and subscribe.