Second Chance

Tutor Boyfriend

Final Chapter : Second Chance 


Chanyeol fixed his neatly brushed hair when wild morning breeze blew on it, standing leaning against a bus stop and hands slid into the pocket of his long pants. He made up his mind that no matter what, he would make Byun Baekhyun once again fall for him. He never wanted to keep regretting over his dumbness for the whole life. Now or never! A smirk cracked by the corner of his lips when the awaited boy appeared, striding down the street towards the said bus stop. A wide yawn could be seen escaped from Baekhyun's mouth as he lazily walked closer, not noticing a tall boy endlessly staring at him. Chanyeol thought that was the most adorable thing he'd ever seen in this whole wide world (madly in love). Just then, a bus arrived there and stopped with double honking sound. Baekhyun stepped into it and grabbed a seat at the back then closed his eyes, probably continuing to sleep, still was not aware of Chanyeol's existence there. Chanyeol briskly followed after him but unfortunately the seat beside the smaller was taken by a school boy. So he..

 

 

"Excuse me, can we exchange place?" Chanyeol half whispered, not to wake Baekhyun up, giving a very nice smile to the boy.

 

 

 

"Why?" The boy frowned.

 

 

 

"Because.. the boy beside you is my boyfriend" Chanyeol lied, realizing that would feel wonderful if it really came true. 

 

 

 

"Huh? O-okay" The boy answered after thinking for a while, hesitantly.

 

 

 

"Thanks!" Chanyeol smiled in satisfaction, as if the victory was his, taking the seat without further ado.

 

 

 

Baekhyun soon fell into deep asleep, with head banging onto the window for few times. The boyfriend wanna be, Chanyeol stretched an arm and gently pushed the boy's head to lean against his shoulder. A foolish ear-to-ear grin elicited from his plump lips when Baekhyun reacted by nuzzling even closer to feel the coziness. Half an hour later, the bus reached before Jeguk High School and again, released double honking sound to alert the students. Baekhyun rubbed his sleepy eyes as soon as he woke up, stretching his stiff muscles a little. He was surprised when he turned to the side and found a giant like human with a foolish grin on. Since when he was here? Ugh the more I'm running away, the closer he comes!

 

 

"Morning, sleeping beauty! Now let's get off" Chanyeol said with the bag of the other hanging on his shoulder, and the other shoulder occupied with his own. Standing up to get off.

 

 

 

"Give me that" Baekhyun answered plainly, reaching out for the bag. He was trying real hard to keep a straight face on in front of the taller, though he wavered hardly inside. 

 

 

 

"Nope" Chanyeol replied shortly before proceeding to get off the bus, followed by the frowned boy.

 

 

 

"Park Chanyeol, this isn't funny!" Baekhyun scowled, while trying to reach for his bag.

 

 

 

"I've never say it is" 

 

 

 

"Ugh fine. Do whatever you want"

 

 

 

Chanyeol shifted eyes to the boy walking beside him, again, smiling with no clear reason. Just by being close with the smaller, made him feel happy to heaven. How can I not know how much I love him? 

 

 

"Baekhyun.." Chanyeol started.

 

 

 

No answer.

 

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun.."

 

 

 

Quiet.

 

 

 

"Sweetheart, baby, honey boo" Chanyeol called, teasingly. As he thought, the boy gave a quick turn with a disgusted look on.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare call me any of that!"

 

 

 

"Why? You said I can do whatever I want" 

 

 

 

Baekhyun groaned, chose to ignore the taller again.

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Chanyeol shamelessly entered Baekhyun's class (the teacher wasn't in yet) and placed the bag right on his place, which was next to the dumbfounded Kyungsoo, not knowing any single thing happening before his eyes. Many eyes were focusing on them, to be exact on the tall and drop-dead gorgeous senior that came in with Baekhyun. Baekhyun turned a blind eye to the face full of questions showed by his owl eyed friend as he plumped himself on the seat.

 

 

"Kyungsoo, please take good care of my sweetheart nae" Chanyeol poked on the smaller's cheek before taking his leave. Meanwhile. Baekhyun was mentally cursing on his pounded heart.

 

 

 

"Slap me so that I can tell if I am hallucinating or not" Kyungsoo said.

 

 

 

Baekhyun slapped him, for real.

 

 

 

"Ouch! That hurts" Kyungsoo groaned while caressing on his abused cheek.

 

 

 

"You asked for it" Baekhyun replied, resting chin on both palms.

 

 

 

"Back to the topic. So.. are you guys together now? That was fast" Kyungsoo asked, totally supporting if that was true. They both looked too good together, no one could ever deny that. 

 

 

 

"Hell, no. Say it again and I'll punch you" 

 

 

 

"Were you threatening the Ninja Soo?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, nonchalantly. 

 

 

 

"Whatever. I'm not in a mood right now" Baekhyun answered lazily, palming his face to the table. He closed his eyes, assigning "Do not disturb!"

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Later on during recess time, at the cafeteria, Baekhyun was welcomed by non other than the boyfriend wanna be, Chanyeol with tray of meals occupying both hands, not to mention the sweet smile he wore. Meanwhile, Sehun was seating on a table at the corner, grinning and shaking a head to his madly in love friend. Chanyeol fell into his own trap. The taller followed after Baekhyun to the table of four and placed it right on the table, like a waiter he was. Baekhyun looked up to the taller with weird expression on. What is this irresistible dumb up to?

 

 

"Enjoy your meals, sweetheart" Chanyeol winked to the shorter, kinda got used to calling him by that.

 

 

 

"Let's go, Kyungsoo" Baekhyun said coldly. He stood up again to leave there the moment he felt his heart slowly giving in to the taller.

 

 

 

"B-but we haven't eat yet. I'm hungry! I thought you do too.." Kyungsoo exclaimed, holding onto the other's wrist.

 

 

 

"Then, eat alone. I've lost my appetite the second I see him" Baekhyun said harshly, without even looking at the taller.

 

 

 

"Baek, eat please? Sorry for disturbing you. I'm leaving" Chanyeol showed a bitter smile, then left there. Hurt.

 

 

 

"Are you happy now? Baek, I know he has hurt you but.. isn't everyone deserves a second chance?" Kyungsoo slowly spoke out. He knew, deep down inside, Baekhyun was a softhearted person, it should not be so hard to lure him. He truly believed that, Sometimes second chances work out better once you've learned from past mistakes.

 

 

 

"Why are you taking his side? I thought you're my best friend" 

 

 

 

"This isn't about who's taking whose side but it's about feelings! You're not just hurting him, but your own heart too. Is this what you really want?"

 

 

 

Baekhyun lost in words when it came to debating with Mr Kyung Know It All, looking down to his ladylike slim fingers and scuffling it. The feelings he had for Chanyeol, never left the flowery garden of his heart. He could still feel the mad butterflies in tummy each time he was near him, just like the first time. What I really want..

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Friday night, Baekhyun found himself lying soullessly on the comfort king sized bed of his. If it wasn't because what happened on the week before between him and Chanyeol, they would now be studying together. The taller would be insistent on explaining complicated Maths solution to him and he would show nil interest in it, then ended up falling asleep at the table. The morning after, he would find himself on the bed, with a bed cover on his petite body. Chanyeol's action never failed to touch his little heart. He lied to his mom that Chanyeol decided to stop tutoring because he was busy with extracurricular activity in school. He sighed as he clutched onto the red shirt wrapping on his body, once wore by the taller. It's crazy how I'm imagining him in this shirt! It had been three days (he counted it) since he last met him but it felt like months or maybe years! I miss him..

 

 

"I like you.. and I think I'm in love with you" 

 

 

The love confession rolled out from the taller's mouth was lingering in his cluttered mind, and kept on replaying by his ears. The confession he'd been waiting for since forever! Baekhyun would love to shout and tell him that he felt the same but.. he wasted it, though he never meant it to be that way. What if he already gave up on me? Right at the moment, Baekhyun thought he was fantasizing when a soft strumming sound of guitar pierced the silence of the calm Friday night. He stood up and the sounds could be heard clearer as he strode towards the balcony of his room. He peeked out and tilted his head down to the lawn of his house. Right there was where he found Chanyeol seating on a chair, generating a tender and nicely balanced sound by plucking the guitar on his lap. What left him open-mouthed more wasn't the deep voice singing a love song but the huge "I LOVE YOU" sign created by series of numerous lightened up candles queuing up on the ground. Baekhyun bit his lower lips, feeling his knees weakened the second they locked gaze on each other. His soul had long left the body to hear words by words sang by the taller.

 

I do believe all the love you give
All of the things you do
Love you, Love you...
I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry

I wouldn’t leave, wanna keep you near
Cause i feel the same way too 
Love you, Love you….
Want you to know that I’m with you

I will love you and love you and love you
Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you
I will please you for all time

I don’t wanna lose you and lose you and lose you
Cause I need you and need you and need you
So I want you to be mine
You’ve got to understand, my love..

- Love Song

 

 

Baekhyun ran downstairs the moment Chanyeol finished the last verse of the song, in just shorts and the shirt on. He opened the door and literally dashing towards the yard, stood right in front of the guy with chest pumping up and down in quick phase. A wide yet charming smile showed up on the taller's lips as he stood only a foot away from the shorter after placing down the guitar. Baekhyun tilted up his head to meet the soulful round shaped eyes of the other, thanks to the plentiful candles for providing lights for them to see each other clearly, and romantically. They both momentarily stayed silent while drowning in each other's gaze, hardly looking for words to say. Just until Mrs Byun broke the silence by clearing her throats.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, don't come in until you settled down everything. And Chanyeol, he's all yours" She said while standing at the door, awarding them a meaningful (motherly) grin.

 

 

 

"Mommmmm!" Baekhyun whined, shyly. Thankfully it was dark, or else Chanyeol would have seen the visible blush filled his cheek. 

 

 

 

"Okay okay.. I'm going in" Mrs Byun winked to them before disappearing behind the door. If only I had such a romantic and charming boyfriend when I was young.. She thought, innerly squealed to her son's love life. 

 

 

 

"It's cold out here, put on something thicker will you?" Chanyeol complained, just like the lead male actor in Korean dramas, taking off his jacket and placed on the smaller's shoulder.

 

 

 

"Are you expecting me to even think of putting on thick clothes after seeing such a jaw-dropping scene? Like when did you even prepare for all these?" Baekhyun asked back.

 

 

 

"You're right. Well.. it doesn't take so long to set this up. Let's just ignore about that. Em, Baekhyun.." Chanyeol softly called, pulled himself together to take the smaller's hand, and held it just nicely firm as if he never wanted to let it go.

 

 

  

"Hm?" That was all Baekhyun managed to roll out from his throat. He could feel the slightly trembling and cold hands of the other against his. Not to mention the bomb he kept inside his body, waiting for the right time to explode.

 

 

 

"There are too many unsaid things. First of all, again, I'm truly sorry about what I said. I was too scared to admit my true feelings for you but none of that really came from my heart. It was a total lie and I greatly regretting it"

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, I-"

 

 

 

"I'm not finished, Baek. One thing you must know is.. I love you and I don't want to lose you. So, Byun Baekhyun, will you be my boyfriend?" Chanyeol proposed (so-called) in a shaky voice of his, looking straight into the boy's eyes.  

 

 

 

At the moment, Baekhyun thought he was dreaming, if this was a dream, he refused to wake up. Or if this was a movie, he never wanted it to end. But.. This is the reality! The reality he had been waiting for, everything felt like a fairy tale. When a prince charming came and proposed to the girl to be with him (except for the fact that he wasn't a girl). It felt wonderful, too wonderful to be described by words when Baekhyun realized he had a watery eyes, tears of happiness and unable to speak. 

 

 

 

"Baek..?" Chanyeol's deep voice snapped him out of the thought, brushing his thumbs against the smaller's back palms. 

 

 

 

"Am I supposed to say I do or yes or.." Baekhyun questioned, stupidly.

 

 

 

"Dumbo" Chanyeol chuckled, before pulling the smaller into his loving embrace. His petite body fitted just perfectly in his arms.

 

 

 

Baekhyun felt safe and protected to be in his arm, for the first time. A warm fuzzy feelings trailed rapidly in his vessels up to head that a flush of pink appeared on his plump cheeks. Thinking maybe he should make a move too, Baekhyun pulled up his hands and circled it around the taller's waist, in which gave Chanyeol a heavenly feeling that he believed he could fly at that moment. Their hearts beat in a harmony rhythm as they stayed in the position for minutes. Then, the taller loosened the hug and distanced their bodies a bit to face the smaller. He stared into the eyes of the other, leaned closer, bending his tall body to match the height of the smaller, and inched closer until their faces were only a centimeter away from each other. Baekhyun was pretty sure that he could feel the other's warm breath against his lips. Omgomgomg is he going to kiss me?? He screeched mentally. He was right when Chanyeol closed the gap between their lips, just softly pressed his cherry lips against the other's, left it grazing and lingering with his lower lips for some time. A hand caressed on Baekhyun's cheek while the other pulled the shorter even closer to him. The kiss was all sweet and tender, sweeter than a cherry pie, softer than cashmere. Baekhyun surprisingly was a good kisser though this was the first kiss. After a while, Chanyeol pulled away to catch on their breath.

 

 

"Is that a yes?" Chanyeol asked while staring into the deep black orbs of the shorter.

 

 

 

Baekhyun looked down, escaping from the penetrating shining eyes. He nodded.

 

 

 

"But you said, you don't like me.." Chanyeol pouted, reminding him.

 

 

 

"Well.. I really don't, but I-I love you. And.. one more thing, I need my tutor back" Baekhyun answered, shyly. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol smiled up to both ears when he softly pushed Baekhyun's chin up to face him and again, he kissed him. Only that this time, it turned out more passionate when Baekhyun wrapped arms behind the taller's neck and stood on his tippy toes. Evidenced by The Moon, beaming its pale light brightening up the dark sky, shone as beautiful as an elegant swan surrounded by zillions of little stars, twinkling in its moonlight. They were all smiling to the sweet love between Baekhyun and his giant, Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Few days later, as soon as the school bells rang assigning end of class, Baekhyun found himself looking silly while running down the hallway towards his charming boyfriend, standing at the end, waving at him with a sweet smile on. Not to forget his small friend with round eyes, following after him with a frown on. Baekhyun had not tell him anything about their new-declared relationship yet, because he thought it would be nicer to show it to him instead. He got himself into Chanyeol's embrace right away, giving him a I-miss-you hug, thoughtless of what  the others might think of them. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was shocked to death, clueless on what he was seeing. Baekhyun pulled away after a while, but never let go their intertwined hands, showing a silly grin to his friend.

 

 

"Are you guys.." Kyungsoo spoke out.

 

 

 

"Yes we are. Together" Baekhyun answered before he could finish the question.

 

 

 

"Aish this kid! Why don't you tell me??" Kyungsoo almost screamed to that statement.

 

 

 

"Well.. Surpriseeeee!!" Baekhyun giggled, followed by Chanyeol's short chuckle.

 

 

 

"Surprise, my . No wonder you act like the happiest person on Earth. Chanyeol, remember what I once warned you" Kyungsoo reminded, teasingly.

 

 

 

"Don't worry. I won't" Chanyeol grinned, awarding a soft peck to his Baekhyun's head.

 

 

 

"What? Did I just miss out something?" Baekhyun raised a eyebrow, looking suspiciously at both the taller and Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Nahhh. It's nothing. Oh there you are! What took you so long??" Kyungsoo pouted as Kai approached them with Sehun (Kai and Sehun were classmates). He circled a hand around the tanned skin guy.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry, babe. I had things to settle on. So, shall we?" Kai replied.

 

 

 

The couples walked out the school gate together, hands firmly held onto each other's, and would never let go even if the skies get rough. Sehun smiled as he watched them from behind, arms folded. He sighed, I'm alone then?

 

 

 

"And they live happily ever after" A honey voice came from behind, imitating the narrator of fairy tales. The guy stopped and stood right beside him, watching them with a smile on. 

 

 

 

Just shortly, he turned to face the other. Sehun furrowed eyebrows, strolling eyes all over him, scanning on his appearance. He had a small and beautiful angelic face, with long delicate lashes garnishing the round shaped puppy eyes. The curly brown hair seemed so soft, blown by the gentle wind. Sehun thought he was way too beautiful to be a guy.

 

 

"So you know them. You are..?" Sehun questioned.

 

 

 

"Luhan, cousin of Baekhyun" Luhan replied, almost plainly.

 

 

 

"Oh.. I'm Se-"

 

 

 

"Sorry, I gotta go" Luhan said, before walking away, without giving a double turn to the handsome guy he just met. Not interested.

 

 

 

"Nobody's ever turned their back on me! Luhan, just you wait.." Sehun whispered to himself, wearing a smug smile on while watching the baby faced guy leaving.

 

 

 

Probably, creating on plans. Well, even the expertise needed to learn some time.

 
 

 

 

There is always HOPE. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ღ  The End 

 

 

 


Author's note:

Wow.. so that's the end. :') The longest chappie!

It took me so long to update this because I wanted to give my best. 

Thank you for all the lovely comments and I'm really sorry if I don't reply to some. ^^

I really do appreciate all of your support all these time. :') I can't make longer story because I'm busy now. /cries/

Hope you're happy with this fics. Like I said, if I have plenty of free times, I will make a sequel of this. (but pls don't wait)

So.. The end~ Anyeong loves. TT-TT I'll miss this, like a lot.