Just Not Him

Tutor Boyfriend

 

Chapter 4 : Just Not Him


It was a beauteous Tuesday evening when Chanyeol strode down a street called Hillcrest, in his blue suede high top sneakers. It was a beautiful street where each house seemed to stand on its own little hill like royalty. Only well-heeled people could afford to live in such district, Chanyeol could tell. He double-checked on the address given and stopped few steps away in front of a fairly large house. He was dazed to such a beautiful sight before his eyes. The house was nicely built with a modern touch on it. Under the sun, it gleamed a deep blue, with pale ivory running along the edges outlining the house. The house in general, gave a feeling of calmness to all who passed by. Chanyeol reached out a hand and pressed on the bell. In a while, the gate was automatically opened by the other inside. As soon as he walked passed through the gate, he was again stunned by the awe-inspiring view. It had three floors in total, windows popped out of every direction, but did not (amazingly) make it looked over-rid with windows. Lastly, indentations of small figures were carved into a surrounding line outside the attic window. 

 

 

"Yeol. Welcome! What took you so long? Did you lost??" Baekbeom gladly welcoming him as soon as he opened wide the front door, leading the way into the said house.

 

 

 

"No I didn't. Sorry for the wait. I had things to do just now." Chanyeol smiled up to his ears, he did not miss out to look over the interior of the house. It was well furnished and the living room was decorated beautifully. Paintings by well known artists were hung elegantly on the walls.

 

 

 

"I thought you did. Have a sit first. My mom is not home. Would you like some drinks?" Baekbeom added, looking at the other who seemed never get enough of discovering every inch of the house.

 

 

 

"Sure, thanks" Chanyeol, put down a backpack filled with books (in which he thought he might needed it later), sending Baekbeom off to the kitchen with a glance before plumping himself down on a loveseat couch. The house was really faint that Chanyeol could hear footsteps against the ceramic floor tile almost clearly.

 

 

 

"Hyung. I heard the bell a while ago. Who was that?" Honey voice of a boy could be heard coming from behind, walking down the stairs in a loose shirt and short pants. Chanyeol thought he had once heard the voice, or maybe he was mistaken? He was pretty sure the boy must be Baekbeom's only brother, Baekhyun. Chanyeol stood up, turning his body around to meet him, for the first time (maybe). His eyes enlarged in the instant, but he was trying really hard to keep a straight face on. 

 

 

 

"YOU! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE??" Baekhyun shouted, did not even bother to hide the obvious looking shock on his face as if he seen an alien (a good-looking yoda alien probably). He didn't know what made him this angry. One thing he knew for sure, he disliked this tall cocky senior standing right in front of him.

 

 

 

"That's not a very nice way welcoming a guest. So.. I see you're the one. Baekbeom's only lazy brother." Chanyeol answered in his thick voice, giving a judging look to the shorter with fierce looking eye. Chanyeol, in the inside, mentally slapped himself for accepting the offer without even checking on who the person would be. Now only he knew the true meaning of the phrase, "It's a small world, so be careful on what you say".

 

 

 

"What are you-"

 

 

 

"Do you two know each other?" Baekbeom broke the war between the two, reaching them with two glasses of orange juice occupying his hands, slowly placed it down on a coffee table located right in front of the couch.

 

 

 

"Hell no. It's best for me not to know this person" Baekhyun replied, looking away from the scowl given by his hyung.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, language. Sorry about that, Yeol. My brother may be a boy but he often going through PMS" The reply from Baekbeom elicited a short chuckle from Chanyeol.

 

 

 

"It's not funny. Well enjoy your delightful evening together. I'm done" Baekhyun said coldly, before turning around to head upstairs again, basically running away from the undeniable good-looking cocky senior.

 

 

 

"You're not going anywhere. Baekkie, meet my friend, Chanyeol aka your tutor" Baekbeom, lovingly wrapping an arm around Chanyeol's wide shoulder, with another hand holding onto his brother's wrist, keeping him from leaving. 

 

 

 

 

“W-WHAT??! Please tell me you’re joking. It’s not funny hyung.” Baekhyun, felt his heart dropped to the ground, giving a sudden turn to them.  He shifted eyes to the taller, feeling annoyed just by looking at his innocent face as if he knew nothing about this, blinking those as round as ball eyes.

 

 

 

“No. I’m not. What’s wrong with you?” Baekbeom asked, wondering why did Baekhyun act such way. He turned over to Chanyeol, who seemed quiet than ever, did not even bother to in. The other gave him a shrug instead, secretly hoping that Baekhyun could convince Baekbeom not to hire him, because he himself rather sure it would be hard to handle this boy.

 

 

 

“Can I talk to you for a sec?” Baekhyun, without waiting for response from Baekbeom, dragging the older by his wrist into the kitchen. The older looked totally confused about everything.

 

 

 

“Now what? You agreed to this.” Baekbeom questioned when they were alone in the kitchen, getting sick of his brother’s ridiculous behaviour. Baekhyun agreed to this few days back.

 

 

 

“I did. I don’t mind any other person on Earth. Just not him, please?” Baekhyun lowered down his voice, placing his palms together, pleading. Not to mention the puppy eyes he got there.

 

 

 

“Why? I don't see anything wrong about him.”

 

 

 

“I don’t like him!”

 

 

 

“You don’t even know him yet. Like I said, I knew him for too long. I trusted him for this”

 

 

 

“But-“

 

 

 

“No buts. I don’t want to hear any more excuses from you. Whether you like it or not, he will be your tutor. Fullstop.” Baekbeom then left without giving a chance for the younger to explain. Baekhyun knew for sure, his attempt to lure the brother did not work. Baekbeom was the perfect reflection of his mother. He maybe was a loving person, but he was strict in deciding things.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry about that Yeol. Wonder what just got into him” Baekbeom muttered, approaching Chanyeol at the living room.

 

 

 

 “No. I’m okay if he refused. I guess you should look for new one.” Chanyeol, even if he would rather taught 10 kids than teaching Baekhyun, somehow he felt defeated if he gave this up, defeated to Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

 

“No. You’re not going anywhere. I’ll settle this with him”

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Baekhyun grabbed a towel to wipe on his wet face, stepping out the bathroom. He had a habit of washing his face each time the feeling of uneasy hit him, he could not seem to get over the one habit. He had a short talk with his brother a while ago, again, he made Baekhyun agree to this. He could not refuse anything the dearest brother said. Baekhyun froze on his position as if he was under a Medusa’s spell (or maybe The Park's spell), seeing a tall figure crossing legs on a comfy single couch of his room, staring at him.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?? GET OUT!” Baekhyun yelled, making a move towards the guy who still was keeping an eye on him.

 

 

 

“Why should I? I’m your tutor, remember? You’ll be seeing me a lot here. Try to get used to it” Chanyeol smirked, actually was having fun teasing the smaller. He found the steamed up reaction from the boy was adorable.

 

 

 

“Oh really? We’ll see how long you can stand me” Baekhyun replied without any hesitation, accepting the challenge with an open arms. He was certainly sure Chanyeol would get off in just a week.

 

 

 

Chanyeol stood up straight, taking steps closer to the shorter causing him to step back and stopped until his body meet the wall behind. He stretched out a hand onto the wall, trapping Baekhyun in between, slowly leaning in close to his ear, causing the other to hitch in breath.

 

 

 

“Try me” Chanyeol whispered.

 

 

 

Baekhyun gulped.

 

 

 

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

 


Author's note :

Sorry for the wait dears. I was busy for the past two days. =.=

[Instagram : @yeolicksbaek ]

Feel free to comment and subscribe.