I Did Wrong

Tutor Boyfriend

Chapter 11 : I Did Wrong


Chanyeol locked his gaze on the envelope containing paycheck in his hand. He just came back from The Byuns mansion and received it from Mrs Byun for being the tutor of her son for already exceeded one month. The real intention he went there today was not for that, but as usual to tutor Baekhyun. The feeling of guilty was still ghosting over him that he was looking forward to meet the kid and maybe properly apologize to him. Though he was not really sure what did he do wrong. Unluckily, Mrs Byun said he went to Kyungsoo's house and asked him not to wait. Chanyeol had the feelings that the boy was trying to avoid him and even when they bumped into each other at school, Baekhyun would pretend like he did not notice him. Chanyeol had his eyes enlarged the second he peeked into the charged envelope. The amount was more than he ever expected for a tutor to receive or maybe only the tutor for such wealthy family like The Byun family could get that much. He stepped out the room and sat down beside his mom who had her mind completely on the tv show.

 

 

"Mom.." 

 

 

 

"Yes my son. What is it? Are you hungry?" She asked, eyes were still focusing on the tv.

 

 

 

"No, I'm not. This is for you" Chanyeol placed the envelope in her hand, smiling to her.

 

 

 

"What is this?" She slightly frowned while opening it.

 

 

 

"It's my paycheck for the month"

 

 

 

"But son.. this is yours. Your hard work. I couldn't accept this" She returned it too her son but Chanyeol refused.

 

 

 

"No, mom. I took my portion and it's more than enough for me. This is the least thing I could do for this family. Please.. take this?" Chanyeol showed puppy eyes to her, begging. Usually it worked.

 

 

 

"But Yeol.." Mrs Park hesitated.

 

 

 

"Please mom.. or I'll feel like a useless son"

 

 

 

"No, don't say that. We are always proud to have a son like you. Mm okay.. I'll take this. Thank you" She slowly answered, taking it again with gultiness occupying her.

 

 

 

"That's my mom.." Chanyeol smiled again, giving the mother a warm hug.

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

The next morning, Baekhyun jumped into the bus and again, pretended not to see Chanyeol seating at the back by the window. There were only few unoccupied seats and one of them was the one next to the taller. Clearly he rejected the seat and chose the other empty one on the front row while Chanyeol was looking. Baekhyun knew, running away could never solve anything but.. it hurt to think that his love was one sided so he preferred to keep a distance from him, at least for few days. He needed some time to get over it. Like a phrase saying, Time heals all wounds. He never know falling in love could hurt so much since this was the first one.

 

 

"Baekhyun, wait!" Chanyeol quickened his steps towards the boy after they got off the bus.

 

 

 

Baekhyun almost ran to hear the call but too bad his legs was not capable enough to compete with the long limbs of the giant like human. Still, he tried to escape but failed when the other managed to grip onto his arm, stopping him right away. He turned the smaller around to face him. At the moment, he felt his heart softened to meet those eyes again. I miss him, Chanyeol's little heart whispered.

 

 

"We need to talk" Chanyeol said, in breathy voice, slightly panting.

 

 

 

"There's nothing to talk about. Now will you please let me go? I'm late for my morning class" Baekhyun lied, staring down to his hand in Chanyeol's grip.

 

 

 

"Not until you tell me, what is wrong with you? If it because what happened that day, I'm sorry okay"

 

 

 

"Nothing is wrong. I need to go" Baekhyun could not look at the taller in the eyes as he said it. He yanked away Chanyeol's hand from his and walked off.

 

 

 

"Baek.." Chanyeol whispered, watching the shorter until he vanished from his sight.

 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

Sehun was observing the baffled person sitting oppositely to him. Wondered what just got into Chanyeol that he seemed out of place for the whole day. He was quiet and kept on drowning in his own thoughts that it came to annoy Sehun because the taller left him talking to himself. Chanyeol lifted up his face and spotted Baekhyun with his short friend chatting delightfully on a table not far from them. He sighed.

 

 

"Give me that if you're not going to eat it" Sehun finally spoke out. Chanyeol was playing with the meal in front of him since they first sat at the cafeteria.

 

 

 

"Yeah.. you can have it. I'm not hungry" Chanyeol pushed the tray forward to the other.

 

 

 

"That's not the thing. Aren't you going to tell me what happened?" Sehun asked, hungrily shoving the tuna sandwich into his mouth.

 

 

 

"What? Nothing happened" 

 

 

 

"Oh really? Have you ever been told that you're the worst in lying?"

 

 

 

"I'm not lying.. Think whatever you want" Chanyeol answered plainly.

 

 

 

"Let me guess.. it's Baekhyun again, isn't it?" Sehun raised an eyebrow, suspiciously questioned.

 

 

 

"What about him?" Chanyeol asked back.

 

 

 

"Dude, I saw what happened this morning between you two. Don't you dare deny it"

 

 

 

"See what? Why do you like stalking me so much? You're everywhere, like a ghost" 

 

 

 

"Duh.. How do you expect me not to see it? The drama like scene in front of the school gate. I'll haunt you for life if you don't speak out" Sehun replied in a threatening voice.

 

 

 

Chanyeol let out another soft sigh while looking at the other. He finally spoke out and told him what happened during the day, except for the part he was ually harassing the smaller in the fitting room. Sehun was listening carefully, up each words into his brain, processed it and came out with a solution.

 

 

"Are you really not know why he pissed off?" Sehun asked, could hardly belief that Chanyeol was this slow. He maybe was very bright in studies, but not when it came to common sense. He could tell right away what was wrong there.

 

 

 

"No, I don't. I think the kid was just mentally-illed" Chanyeol sat back, folding his arms.

 

 

 

"It's not him, but you. I didn't know you're this dense. He likes you, stupid. Can't you tell?" 

 

 

 

"What are you saying? That's nonsense!" Chanyeol was surprised at his statement, but a huge part of his heart felt.. pleased? As if there were garden of sweet-smelling flowers grown well in the lawn of his heart.

 

 

 

"It's up to you if you wanna believe it or not.. but I'm pretty sure about that" Sehun shrugged.

 

 

 

"Whatever.."

 

 

 

"One more thing.. why don't you admit your feelings for Baekhyun?" Sehun could see it very clearly that the taller was keeping feelings for Baekhyun. The Park Chanyeol he knew was never really cared about other people this much. 

 

 

 

"Can you please stop speaking gibberish?? I don't have any other feelings for that childish boy than just annoyed!" Chanyeol sligtly raised up his voice to convince Sehun and.. himself, maybe.

 

 

 

"I heard you.. and maybe he did too" Sehun gulped while answering slowly.

 

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

 

Chanyeol turned around to the direction where Sehun was looking and found Baekhyun with Kyungsoo just a foot away from them. Of course the boy had to stand there and heard everything he just said. For sure, Baekhyun had to be motionless there with a brokenhearted face on, plus the slight teary eyes. Of course Baekhyun had to crack a small smile as if he felt nothing about what the taller just blurted out. And.. of course Chanyeol would like to rip his own mouth for saying that.

 

 

"I- I just want to say that.. I don't need a tutor anymore. From today onwards, Park Chanyeol, you're fired!" Baekhyun said in a shaky voice, he turned around and ran off with tears freely ran down his cheek. Mom, I thought you said falling in love is a wonderful feelings.. Mother lied!

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol quickly stood up and was about to chase after the boy but Kyungsoo blocked him.

 

 

 

"You hurt him. Now, leave him alone! It's useless to explain that. What do you see him as? A heartless human??" Kyungsoo clenched tight his fist, glaring at him as if he wanted to bury Chanyeol alive. Nobody hurts his buddy like that!

 

 

 

"No! I need to talk to him. It wasn't like that" 

 

 

 

"It wasn't what like that?? You said it yourself. I would love to break your face right now but it's useless" Kyungsoo scoffed, then left there, worrying on his friend. He knew Baekhyun must headed somewhere to burst out his tears. Despite his stubbornness, Baekhyun was a very sensitive and fragile boy.

 

 

 

"Give him some time.. He won't listen even if you explain it now. You don't even know where he went to" Sehun softly rubbed on the shoulder of the other, trying to calm him down. Slightly blaming himself for causing this to happen. 

 

 

 

"I did wrong, Sehun.. I am stupid! I hurt him.." Chanyeol whispered, finally admitting it. He dropped down on the seat, experiencing a tight feeling in his chest. Words once said, could not be taken back.

 

 

 

"Then, win his heart again!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ღ ღ ღ

 

 

 


Author's note:

I'm sorry.. Baek was hurting again. It was tearing me apart.. /cries/

I'll make it better for next. Promise!

and.. be prepared to say Goodbye to this fics. /ugly sobs/

 

Feel free to comment and subscribe.