6

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Who’s that?”

Kyungsoo asked Joonmyun as soon as his eyes landed on a little boy who was busy staring at the tiny goldfish swimming back and forth inside the glass bowl.

“Who- owh- that’s Jongin. Yifan’s cousin.” Joonmyun answered as he picked up and lined up Kyungsoo’s shoes neatly beside the other shoes. He couldn’t understand why Kyungsoo didn’t bother to line up his shoes nicely after taking them off. It was really annoying.

“You never told me about him.” Kyungsoo said softly, eyes following Jongin who was now playing with a brown teddy bear. His face contorted in horror when Jongin punched the teddy bear’s head with his small hand, and in reflex he reached for Joonmyun’s arm and held it firmly.  He made a mental note to stay as far away from the boy as possible.

“I forgot to tell you about Jongin. Sorry.” Joonmyun grinned sheepishly and led Kyungsoo to the living room.

“Where’s Yifan hyung? You told me he’s going to be here.”

 “Yifan is in the bathroom. He ate too much pudding yesterday. I think he’s got a stomach ache.”

Kyungsoo wrinkled up his nose. “I will never use the bathroom.”

Joonmyun laughed out loud. He released Kyungsoo’s clasp on his arm and held the latter’s hand, pulling him toward Jongin’s direction. “Come on, you should say hi to Jongin. He’s really cute. You’re going to like him.”

Kyungsoo quickly shook his head in disagreement. “Wait Myunie. I don’t think-”

Jongin turned his head around when he heard voices behind him, and almost instantly, the corners of his lips curled up into a smile.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin let out a delighted shriek. He dropped his teddy bear and inched closer to Kyungsoo, stepping on his teddy bear in the process. “You must be Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you. I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin.”

Instead of smiling back at Jongin, Kyungsoo took a step backwards, feeling a little bit uncomfortable with the boy. “Uhuh. I’m Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you too.”

Kyungsoo cringed internally when Jongin grinned too widely for his liking, and for some unknown psychic abilities, he could sense Jongin would do something to him, so he quickly moved and hid behind Joonmyun.

Kyungsoo was right, because Jongin leapt forward and tried to grab hold of him.

“He’s weird.” Kyungsoo whispered in a small scared voice, his heart was beating so fast he thought it might burst out. “I don’t like him.”

Joonmyun burst out laughing. He just found it extremely funny. “He did that when he first saw me too.”

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin whined loudly. “Let me hug you. You look so squishy I want to hug you all day long.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more. He shook his head violently and gripped Joonmyun’s sweater tighter. “No. Stay away from me!”

“Kyungsoo~ soo~soo.” A mischievous grin spread across Jongin’s face as he sneakily crept over to Kyungsoo but the latter noticed him just in time. Instinctively, Kyungsoo pulled Joonmyun to cover him, making Jongin jumped on Joonmyun instead of him.

Joonmyun felt his breath momentarily from his chest. Jongin was hugging him too tight and he had a feeling that Kyungsoo’s grip around his arm would bruise him in any minute. “Jongin, let go or I’ll bite your ear.” Joonmyun gasped out a warning. “I can’t breathe!”

“Kyungsoo won’t let me hug him.” Jongin pouted, arms still clinging to Joonmyun.

 

“Kim Jongin, what are you doing?!”

 

All of them jumped at the sudden voice. They froze momentarily before turning their heads towards the source of the voice simultaneously.

Jongin grinned innocently at Yifan. “I’m playing with Joonmyun and Kyungsoo.”

Yifan took two big strides over to his cousin and reached out, taking hold of Jongin’s both ears, one with each hand, pinching them between forefinger and thumb. “Jongin, get your hands off of Joonmyun right now!”

“Ow! Hyung!” Jongin cried. “You’re hurting me!”

Kyungsoo shrank in fear behind Joonmyun, mouth slowly went agape. He had never seen Yifan so angry before (yeah Yifan did look scary when he broke his crayon before). Kyungsoo was 99.99% sure that both Jongin’s ears were going to come off at any moment.

“Yifan, that’s enough!” Joonmyun half screamed. “Jongin’s ears are going to fall off.”

Yifan did let go, but only after Jongin pulled away from Joonmyun. Jongin made a mad dash to hide behind the curtain one second after Yifan let go of his ears. “I’m going to tell your mom about this!”

Jongin hissed in pain as he rubbed his ears. He could hear Joonmyun’s disapproving voice, scolding Yifan for his behavior. “Serve you right.” Jongin muttered sourly.

 

“How old are you?”

 

Jongin flinched in surprise and looked up only to see Kyungsoo staring at him with wide eyes. “Me?” Jongin asked back.

Kyungsoo nodded at Jongin slightly.

“I’m 5 years old.”

“So you’re the same age as me and Joonmyun. But you’re so short.” Kyungsoo mumbled. The words were out before he could stop himself.

“Excuse me?”

“But Myunie’s right. You’re cute.”

 

 

~~

 

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. He glanced sideways at Kyungsoo and nudged Kyungsoo’s side with his elbow, making the boy squeaked in surprise.

“When are they going to stop?” Jongin asked, voice dripping with annoyance.

“I don’t know. They’ve been glaring at each other for a good while and I’m getting worried now. What if Yifan hyung pulls Myunie’s hair.”

Jongin scrunched up his face and turned to look at Kyungsoo. “Why would Yifan hyung do that? He loves Joonmyun like he loves his own life. Just wait and see, Joonmyun is going to win the argument.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened with interest and he scooted closer to Jongin to whisper in the latter’s ear. “Yifan hyung loves Myunie?”

“You didn’t know?” Jongin whispered back in disbelief. “Even my puppies know that.”

Kyungsoo gasped in shock and stared into Jongin’s eyes to search for any lies but he found none. He opened his mouth and wanted to ask for more details when Joonmyun clapped his hands loudly.

Joonmyun grinned as he looked at Jongin and Kyungsoo. “I’m going to be the father while Yifan will be the mother.”

Yifan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter