5

Hold My Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Joonmyun yawned widely and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He glanced up and looked at his mother with half-closed eyes.

He didn’t get much sleep last night. He was lucky Siwon hyung was still awake and opened the door at his knock. He quickly joined his brother on the bed and covered himself snugly with the warm, thick blanket. He soon fell asleep after spending an hour lying awake thinking about tomorrow. Joonmyun was sleeping soundly, dreaming about beautiful unicorn and rainbows when his mother came walking into the room and woke him up.

“Sweetheart, what’s wrong?”

Joonmyun snapped out of his thoughts by his mother’s voice and forced a smile when his mother gently his hair. “Eomma…..Yifan-”

“Aigoo, you must miss Yifan so much.” Mrs. Kim smiled softly and bent down to scoop Joonmyun up in her arms. Holding Joonmyun with one hand, she the faucet and washed her hand. “I know it’s been two days since you saw him. But you know, Yifan is coming in a while to play with you! You can show him the robot appa bought you yesterday.”

“Eomma, I-“

“Brush your teeth while I get your bath ready. We need to be hurry. I need to tidy up the house a little bit.”

Joonmyun swallowed thickly. “Eomma, is Yifan’s cousin going to come?”

Mrs. Kim hummed in response as she dipped her fingers in the water, testing the temperature. “Yifan’s mother called me this morning and told me Yifan will be coming with his cousin. She said his cousin is the same age as you. You’re excited, aren’t you? I’m sure you’ll get along with him.”

Joonmyun didn’t say anything when his mother stripped him and scrub him all over and wrapped him in a big fluffy towel afterwards. He stared at his mother and opted to keep silent when she dressed him in deep red jumper with little bears and combed his hair neatly. He kept staring at his mother, hoping she could get his distress signal.

Thank God, his mother noticed it.

“Joonmyun-ah, what’s wrong? You don’t look happy.”

Joonmyun chewed on his lip and looked at his mother with a troubled face. “Eomma…”

Mrs. Kim tilted her head, brows furrowed in confusion before she gasped to herself. She pressed her palm on her forehead and closed her eyes. “God, of course you’re upset. You’re hungry, aren’t you? Come on, I’ll prepare a delicious breakfast just for you.”

Mrs. Kim carried Joonmyun into the living room and put her son down on the leather couch and knelt down to level her eyes with Joonmyun’s. She gave Joonmyun a quick peck on the cheek and flashed a small smile.

“Eomma, where’s appa?”

“You know that appa is a very busy man right?”

Joonmyun nodded his head.

“He needs to attend a very important meeting this morning.”

“On weekend?”

“Yes, sweetheart. I’m sorry appa is not here to play with you.”

“It’s okay. I can play with appa tonight. But eomma, where’s hyung?”

“He went to the library with Kyuhyun.”

“Kyuhyunnie hyung?”

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t hyung tell me about that? I want to go too. I want to play with Kyuhyunnie hyung.”

“Sweetheart, your hyung needs to focus on his revision. He has a test tomorrow and I’m sure you don’t want to disturb him, don’t you? I promise I’ll ask Kyuhyun to come over and spend a day with you. Is that alright? Now, stay here while I prepare breakfast in the kitchen. Be a good boy, okay.”

Joonmyun nodded in response, earning a beautiful smile from his mother.

Joonmyun settled down on the couch, clutching his pororo doll tightly against his chest as he watched his mother’s form retreat to the kitchen. He was getting hungry, but he knew he couldn’t enter the kitchen without his mother permission. The kitchen was a dangerous place, as his mother had said.

Joonmyun held his pororo doll with his left hand and moved a bit, stretching his arm to reach for the remote control on the coffee table. He switched on the flat screen television and pressed the button on the remote control to look for the cartoon channel.

Joonmyun shifted uncomfortably. He thought he was getting sick. He felt his stomach churned uncomfortably even though Pororo was dancing and singing happily to his favourite song on the television.

This was bad.

Joonmyun should be on his feet by now and danced along with Pororo as he always did. But he couldn’t even move a muscle. He had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach and he could feel his heart speed up like crazy. He was going to have a heart attack if he did nothing.

Joonmyun tensed up when his ears perked at the sound of the loud, excited knocks on the main door. He could hear his heart picking up its pace upon hearing Yifan’s excited greetings to his mother. Maybe it was not too late to run off to the bathroom and hide there before Yifan could see him.

Joonmyun’s brain literally went haywire as he tried to think for an escape but unfortunately, he found none. In panic, Joonmyun lied on the couch and squeezed his eyes shut when he heard footsteps coming right towards him.

Yifan had the biggest smile on his face as he pulled Jongin by the wrist into the spacious living room excitedly. He couldn’t wait to see Joonmyun’s face when he saw his little cousin.

“Joon-“ Yifan stopped running and closed his mouth the moment he saw Joonmyun lying peacefully on the couch.

Mrs. Kim appeared a minute later and Yifan quickly ran to her side and tugged on her hand.

“Ajumma, Joonmyun is sleeping.”

“Weird. He was wide awake only a few minutes ago.”

Yifan’s face fell and he looked at Joonmyun’s mother with disappointed eyes. “I want Joonmyun to meet Jongin.”

“We can wake him up.”

“No.” Yifan shook his head frantically. “Don’t do that. Let Joonmyun sleep. He must be really tired.”

Mrs. Kim let out a soft chuckle and ruffled Yifan’s hair. “Alright then. But just wake him up if you want. He hasn’t eaten breakfast and I’m sure he’s hungry. Yifan, do you want some pancakes?”

Yifan’s face lit up and he nodded happily. Mrs. Kim’s pancakes were the best pancakes he had ever had in his whole life!

The smile on Yifan’s face was soon disappeared when Mrs. Kim returned to the kitchen. He turned sideways to look at his cousin and pouted his lips. “What to do. I don’t think you can talk to him today.”

Jongin seemed to not listening to whatever Yifan had said and walked pass Yifan wordlessly. He took a few steps necessary to stand in front of Joonmyun. “Joonmyun is cute. Hyung, can I touch him?”

Yifan hissed and shot Jongin a warning glare. He shook his head disapprovingly but Jongin had already touched Joonmyun’s che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter