Chapter 25

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungah is discharged from the hospital to return with Jack. Ryeowook attempts to move on.

Maybe Tomorrow

The Truth:

"I'm sorry I have to leave so soon, daddy." Sungah smiled as Ryeowook waited for her by the door. "I'm not going to worry though. You'll be better soon, and then you'll get to visit me all the time."

"Well, you have a plane to catch, so you better get going." Sungah's dad kissed her hand. "Sungah, would you mind waiting outside for a minute? I want to talk to Ryeowook alone. I'll be quick I promise."

Ryeowook couldn't figure out why he was thinking about it. The day Sungah left him. It was a day he didn't want to remember. To make it worse, this time, he was leaving her.

"Are you okay?" Donghae asked as Ryeowook got into the car, slamming the door. "What happened?"

Ryeowook just cried, but no amount of tears would ever explain the pain he felt in his heart.

He answered, his voice sounding shaky and full of regret. "I'm letting her go."

"Do you think you're making the right decision?" Donghae patted his shoulder for comfort. Ryeowook wiped his tears with his fingers, not wanting to cry anymore.

Ryeowook nodded his head, slouching in his seat. "Let's just go home, okay?"

"Okay. Whatever you want." Donghae patted Ryeowook's shoulder again and drove off.

He wanted to go home and hide again. To just be alone and miserable in his room. He just wanted to be alone, it was what he was used to. He was destined to be alone. He had known that for a long time. Sungah she was never meant to be his. That's what hurt the most. 

He gave his heart for nothing.

__

"Jack?" Sungah spoke up as she got into the taxi with him. "I have a question. Please be honest with me."

"What is it?" Jack answered. He gave the taxi driver directions to the hotel.

"Did I use to know Kim Ryeowook?" He was in her thoughts and wouldn't leave. She could only think about him. His precious voice, his handsome face, his sweet words to her. She felt like she had hurt the poor guy.

"Yeah, you did." Jack answered. "He was someone you went to school with."

"Yeah. I remember that. But did I ever see him after that?"

"Not really. He had a creepy crush on you for years, so you shouldn't believe anything that little weirdo says. I know what he was doing. He was trying to use your memory impairment to trick you."

"He was?" Sungah asked.

"Why do you think I kept making him leave? That little bastard is nothing but trouble. I can't wait to get as far away from him as possible."

Funny. To Sungah, she thought Ryeowook seemed like a really sweet and good person. He looked hurt, sad, hopeless as if he had given up. Not once did she feel as if he were a bad person or a creep. It was a weird feeling. She felt a strong need to see him. Being separated from him made her heartache. He wasn't next to her and it hurt. Why? It felt like she was missing her other half. She felt like crying. Kim Ryeowook was a stranger to her, whom she had very few memories of. She knew him, but she didn't at the same time. That alone was enough to make her crazy.

Sungah looked out the taxi window during the drive to the airport. At the next stoplight, she noticed an area of countless stands of street food. Spicy rice cakes, sweet potato sticks, and croquettes. Funny, Kim Ryeowook came to her mind again.

This was her moment of truth. She paid for the croquettes and began to walk over. He was really cute, she felt like she was the only one who really saw that. She saw it every time she stared at him. He was cute, innocent, and obviously shy. He was perfect.

She felt scared as she approached him. What if he didn't want to talk to her? Would he think she's playing a joke on him? He was so adorable, how could she ever be mean to him? Just be nice, and see how it goes from there. When he looked up at the sight of her legs in front of him, her heart suddenly felt as if it were going to burst out of her chest. Just the sight of his cute face and innocent eyes looking up at her, she wanted nothing more than to make him her's right away. But she couldn't do that. She already concluded that in order for them to have anything, he would have to make it happen.

"Hello."  She smiled sweetly, wanting to make him more at ease. He looked confused as to why she was talking to him. He ducked his head down, obviously blushing.

"H-Hello." He responded, his voice barely audible.

"May I sit?" She asked politely, wanting him to see how nice she was. To show him that there was nothing to be shy about. He looked up again, obviously confused. He nodded his head yes, which she was thankful for. She sat next to him and handed him one of her croquettes.

"I bought you one. I thought we could share them together." She didn't sound too nervous, did she? He took the croquette and awkwardly bowed his head to her.

"Thank you." He couldn't even look her in the eye. Was he that nervous? She knew he didn't talk much, so maybe it was best not to push him too hard.

Sungah unwrapped her croquette and began chewing. She could see him watching her from the corner of his eye. He was adorable when he tried to act as if he wasn't staring. She's caught him doing that multiple times throughout the years.

"Good?"  She asked.

She never realized how much she really loved him. Not even back then. She was convinced true love was something that only happened in books and movies. She never knew that deep down, the real reason she chose him, was because she wanted him and only him. Because she loved him. They both never knew she had always loved him. Always.

"Sungah? Sungah!" Sungah heard Jack's voice calling her.

"What?" Sungah snapped back to reality.

"Something wrong? You've been staring into space for the past ten minutes."

"I'm fine." Sungah lied. "Really. I was just daydreaming that's all."

Unconcerned, Jack put his phone back to his ear, continuing his phone call. Sungah didn't care until she heard a price and one of her sketches being used in the same sentence.

"Are you selling my artwork?" Sungah asked after he hung up.

"Sungah, you've been selling your stuff since the summer." Jack reminded her. "You hurt your hand."

"I did?" Sungah asked. She looked at her right hand, seeing the scars and dents. At first, she thought it was from the car accident, but it was true. These injuries were too old to be from that. "What happened?"

"You fell." Was all Jack answered with, holding her other hand. She fell? That's not what she remembered...

"Sungah, you're being so selfish with your money, just stop." He had been complaining about it the whole week, annoying her to no end.

"You're such a spoiled little brat." He snapped, making her nervous. "You need to quit, right now."

"You can't tell me what to do!" Sungah faced him, burying her growing anxiety as he kicked random objects in his path. He had punched her in the face, over and over. This was the first time it went so far...

"Sungah, you okay?" Sungah heard the Jack from the present speaking to her, but he sounded so far away. She could only see herself being beaten to the floor. She could only hear her cries and pleas for it to stop. She could only see her hand getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter