Chapter 20

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungah receives shocking news.

Maybe Tomorrow

Symptoms:


Sungah awoke the same way she fell asleep; in Ryeowook's arms. He was still sleeping. She gave a small smile at his cute sleeping form. He looked so peaceful. She wondered what he dreamt about. Her? Food? Performing?

"I know you've been waiting a long time, Ryeowookie." Sungah lifted herself up, looking at him sleeping like a baby. "It's only fair I give you this in return."

Sungah leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. He didn't move a muscle.

"I've been so nervous around you lately." Sungah continued, "I hate what you do to me."

Ryeowook sure was a heavy sleeper. She gently peeled his arms away from her, afraid of waking him.

"I wish you were awake to cook for me." Sungah smiled sweetly. She kissed his lips again. He must be really tired, he still didn't move.

"You dummy. You're not dead are you?" Sungah pouted, poking his arm. "Ryeowookie."

She poked his cheek, which finally made him move. He groaned and turned over, burying his face into the pillow.

"Fine, smother yourself." Sungah pouted, playfully hitting his as she got out of bed, making him groan again.

As she entered the (silent) kitchen (no one awake yet?), she realized she was craving pork, at 9:00 in the morning? Okay then. But just the thought of smelling cooking meat, made her feel sick. That smell. She felt so sick in fact, she found herself sprinting to the bathroom to throw up. The worst part was, there wasn't much in her stomach, making it emptier than it already was. So this was going to be the start of her day?

"Sungah?" Sungah heard Ryeowook call from the hallway, sounding like he was still half asleep.

She immediately flushed the toilet, closing the lid and sat on it, trying to act perfectly fine, even though she felt far from it. Ryeowook, rubbing his eyes, stepped into the bathroom, seeing Sungah looking rather pale. Paler than usual.

"Sungah, are you okay?" Ryeowook knew he heard her vomiting. Her sitting there acting innocent wasn't going to work. "Are you sick?"

"No, I'm fine." Sungah lied, standing up. The quick movement made her nauseous again, which had her turning around, face back in the toilet. "Okay, maybe not."

Ryeowook knelt down beside her and gently patted and rubbed her back, soothing her.

"Being sick isn't something to try lying about, honey." Ryeowook waited for her to finish before he picked her up and brought her back to bed. "And you call me a dummy?"

Ryeowook tucked her in and patted her head cutely.

"I'll get you water." Ryeowook rushed to the kitchen and back. "You need to stay hydrated."

"What would I do without you?" Sungah giggled, taking the glass of water, gulping it down.

"You'd be suffering all by yourself, not knowing what to do." Ryeowook laughed, crawling back into bed with her. "I won't be here for most of the day to take care of you though. I'm going to be very busy. So you'll be by yourself anyway."

"Ryeowookie? Can you let me go? Just for a moment?" Sungah asked.

"Why?"

"I have to pee." Sungah laughed, getting up. "Really bad, too."

Sungah ran to the bathroom, happy that the nausea was calming down. Only to have her bladder feel like it was the size of a grape. Perfect.

"On my way out, do you want me to take you to the hospital or something? Get you medicine?" Ryeowook called out.

"No, I'll be fine," Sungah said, still in the bathroom, washing her hands. "But it would be really nice if you could bring back strawberries!"

Sungah poked her head out of the door, feeling a sudden wanting for strawberries. The craving was so intense, she felt as if she would lose her mind if she didn't have it.

"Sungah, you hate strawberries." Ryeowook sat up in his bed, feeling utterly confused. First chicken, now strawberries?

"I know! Weird right?" Sungah dried her hands and jumped back into bed. "Ryeowookie, does it seem like I've gained weight?"

"Not to me," Ryeowook replied. "Well, I haven't really paid attention to it, so if you have-not saying you did-I haven't noticed. Is this a trick question?"

"No, I just feel like I've gained weight." Sungah pouted. "I'm not joking, I really do. Do I feel heavier to you?"

"You're as light as a feather." Ryeowook kissed her cheek, pulling her into a tight hug. "Promise to go to the doctor while I'm gone?"

"Okay, I promise." Sungah patted his chest.

"You have to pinkie swear, Sungah." Ryeowook lifted his pinkie finger and pouted cutely. "Swear?"

"You're a dummy." Sungah giggled, wrapping her finger with his. "I swear. You happy now?"

"Yes. Yes, I am." Ryeowook smiled, kissing her nose.

"Do that again." Sungah giggled.

"What? This?" Ryeowook kissed her nose again.

"Yeah." Sungah giggled more. "One more time."

When Ryeowook leaned in to kiss her nose again, she stopped him by sneaking a kiss to his lips instead. His lips were softer than she thought. They felt really nice. And he seemed to think the same about hers. He held her face in his hands and kissed her longer this time. How long has it been since they've actually kissed? It sure has been a long time. He was being so gentle, as if afraid of touching her or hurting her, or as is she were foreign territory. She had to tangle her fingers in his hair and pull him closer for him to get the idea that she wasn't at all interested in being gentle. It got to the point where she was on her back with him hovering over her, kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

For Ryeowook, this was just like one of the midnight fantasies he had about a year ago. He imagined Sungah in his bed sick, and she asked him to take care of her to his best ability. And oh did that work out pretty well in his mind that night. He just wanted to be able to touch her for the longest time. And here she was, in his bed, with him on top of her, kissing her, healing her the best way he could, just like his fantasy. He also imagined them being rough with one another. She would tug on his hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter