Chapter 19

Maybe Tomorrow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook is finally told the whole story about Sungah's ex. Sungah suffers a tragedy.

Maybe Tomorrow

Unfortunate:

Sungah and Ryeowook held hands as they walked down the street. It was time that Ryeowook knew everything.

"I swear. He seemed like a really great guy. I was so set on marrying him, after only knowing him not even a year. Stupid me." Sungah explained, "He wanted to get married so quickly, and I knew my mom and sister couldn't get there at such short notice, so I wrote letters the month before the set date. I thought everything was perfect. So perfect that, for a while, I forgot about you."

Ryeowook remained silent, continuing to listen.

"I was making money off of my work, mainly selling songs and stuff, and he got jealous. After we got engaged, he was trying to force me too not work anymore. I said no, and he got so mad-he...He made sure I wouldn't be able to work ever again." Sungah showed him her hand.

"He did that to you?" The sadness grew in Ryeowook's eyes.

"Yeah," Sungah confirmed. "He hit me so many times when I said he couldn't tell me what to do. I was on the floor, and he stomped on my hand over and over, until I passed out from the pain."

Ryeowook wasn't sure if he could handle anymore. Everything she was telling him, it all made him so angry. He was not a violent person, but he knew that if he saw that bastard again that he would lose it. He gave him too much mercy last time and definitely deserved way more than he had given him.

"I did leave. I didn't stay with him another second after that." Sungah continued. "When I left the hospital, I stayed with my friend, Victoria at her parents place, but he began harassing us there. Constantly calling, following me wherever I went. A couple months ago, he followed me and Victoria to a party, I didn't even realize it. He did something to the drink I had. The day I was coming back here, he tried to stop me. Victoria called the cops and they arrested him. I guess he's out now, obviously."

"Sungah," Ryeowook stopped walking, turning to her and looking into her eyes. "You came back for me, and you got me. I'm not going to leave you. He'll never hurt you again."

Ryeowook hugged her tightly. Sungah nuzzled her face into his chest, feeling so much love and comfort from him.

"You know, when I decided to come back, I couldn't wait to see you again." Sungah smiled. "I knew you would be here. I knew you'd be waiting for me here, just like you said."

"And here I was, thinking you never got that text," Ryeowook said as he felt her soft hair against his lips. "I love you, Sungah. I won't let anything bad happen to you, not anymore. You get into too much trouble when I'm not around."

Ryeowook felt her giggle vibrate against his chest.

"You've put up with me all this time. How can you stand me?" Sungah inhaled his scent. He smelled so good, and sweet. It was comforting.

"I don't know. I guess I've just gotten used to it." Ryeowook laughed, making her playfully hit his chest. "Let's just go home." 

Ryeowook picked her up and brought her inside, to where he lived. He opened the door and carried her inside, the others noticing and laughing, making all sorts of comments and jokes.

"Ryeowook, put the lady down," Siwon commanded, laughing as he did so.

"Instead of torturing us, just go to a love hotel or something," Kyuhyun smirked as Ryeowook set her down.

"That was so a married couple entrance," Heechul smirked.

"Sungah, you guys are just too cute together!" Donghae smiled like a dork.

"At least Donghae knows the proper thing to say." Sungah laughed, hiding her embarrassment.

"Of course you'd side with him. You like him better than us." Kyuhyun whined.

"Don't be stupid, I love all of you equally." Sungah ran for the fridge. "I am starving! Ryeowookie, is there any spicy chicken left?"

"There should be." Ryeowook removed his jacket. "But I thought you didn't like spicy chicken."

"Did I ask you so you could tell me I don't like it? I need it now." Sungah replied. She reached into the fridge and grabbed the leftover chicken.

"Sungah, that's enough for like, three or four people. Share with us." Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

"No, it's all mine. Ryeowookie, stay and cook with me." Sungah took Ryeowook's hand.

"I'll have you know that was the chicken that I was saving for tomorrow." Donghae pouted.

"Too bad, it's mine now." Sungah stuck her tongue at him. "Ladies first."

"More like ladies only." Donghae pouted.

"Sungah's moody." Kyuhyun laughed to himself, leaving the kitchen, with Donghae following.

"Are you okay?" Ryeowook asked her once everyone left.

"Yeah, why?" Sungah asked, not sensing a problem. "Something wrong?"

"No, everything's fine," Ryeowook replied, not so sure.

__

"I forgot what it was like cuddling with you." Sungah rested her head on Ryeowook's warm chest. "It sure has been a while hasn't it?"

It was late, but they didn't feel tired. They just rested on the couch in the dark alone, holding each other.

"I've missed having time like this with you." Ryeowook kissed the top of her head, closing his eyes.

"Ryeowookie, do you remember the day I told you I was leaving you?" Sungah held him closer, shutting her eyes in relaxation.

"I've spent years trying to forget it," Ryeowook replied.

"I was so mean to you that day. I was trying so hard to be mean so you would hate me, and make leaving easier." Sungah admitted. "Even then, you were so good to me."

"Why bring it up?" Ryeowook entangled his legs with hers, bringing her closer.

"Ever since I met you, you've been so good to me. Especially now. I feel like I've done nothing good for you."

"Don't be silly, Sungah. I love you so much, and you've done so much for me, you don't even know. You helped me remember what it was like to really be happy. You helped me remember that I loved music. Without you, where would I be now?" Ryeowook's voice grew quiet as he began falling asleep.

"I knew you were the right one. My dad used to say that to me." Sungah smiled a little, "He would always say I made him the happiest man in the world. Me, my sister, and my mother. Then after he got sick, we made him the saddest at the same time. Because he knew he wouldn't be there to see us grow up, get married, walk us down the aisle, become a grandfather."

"Where is he now? Is he still around?"

"Yeah. In and out of the hospital. When I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter