Chapter 9

Vampires, Slayers, & Forbidden Love

And now ladies and fangirls, from where we left off in the previous chapter. . .

 

xxx

 

. . . and in one swift, quick movement, Daehyun found himself behind a fluorescent Youngjae who had his hands out as if pushing an unseen force that sent Kyungsoo and Taehyung flying to the other side of the park. Kyungsoo letting out a grunt as his "pretty " collided with the cold hard ground, Taehyung falling beside him and landing painfully wrong on his right wrist. 

Youngjae, still in despair of the fact that Daehyun wasn't going to have a future, turned his back on the two Slayers and looked towards Daehyun with fresh tears leaking out of his fluorescent purple eyes. Daehyun had started to walk towards the vampire when the vampire cried out and it sent fear to flood him completely. 

Youngjae froze completely in his tracks and his hand instantly flew to his chest where his heart was supposed to be. His eyes widened as he retracted his hand to see red. Red liquid. Red liquid that was pouring out of him. His heart to be exact. In that same moment, he instantly regretted turning his back on the two Slayers as he saw the tip of a stake sticking out from his chest and he lost all senses. He fell to his knees, and Daehyun frantically trying to catch him was what he saw before the darkness engulfed him. 

Daehyun scrambled to catch Youngjae and when he did, he pulled the vampire close to him and pulled the stake carefully out. He looked down at the unconscious, pale Youngjae and looked back up with a glare at the two Slayers. "GO! GET OUT OF HERE!" Daehyun, in anger, yelled at Kyungsoo and Taehyung who obliged and turned around and ran away, Taehyung clutching his wrist and Kyungsoo grabbing his stake before taking off. 

Daehyun dialed 911 as fast as he could, not caring that smudges of Youngjae's blood got on his screen, and yelled at the lady to bring an ambulance to their location before hanging up and he started calling Youngjae's family; Ailee, Himchan, Donggeun, Jongup, and his dad. 

Everything next happened in a blur as the ambulance arrived and the paramedics took Youngjae out of Daehyun's arms who rode in the ambulance all the way to the hospital. It was hard, but Daehyun managed to keep his tears in. 

They arrived at the hospital and Daehyun was held back by a nurse as he watched Youngjae being wheeled away into an emergency room. He was pacing in the waiting room when Ailee and the rest of who he dialed at the park came in. Ailee, also worried, engulfed him in a big embrace that made him let go. He let out the sobs that he fought so hard to keep in the whole time as Ailee hugged him. I don't want to lose him tonight. Not tonight. 

Ailee continued to hug Daehyun for God knows how long before a doctor came in with blood soaked scrubs and an unreadable expression that made everyone's insides coil in dread. Daehyun was the first to bombard the doctor with questions. 

"How's he doing? Is he okay? Did he make it?" Daehyun looked expectantly in the doctor's eyes who sighed before pulling down his mask. 

"He's going to be okay. Whatever had impaled him, barely missed his heart which avoided further damage than what was already done. We'll keep him here until he's deemed recovered." With that, the doctor excused himself from the room where everyone let out sighs of relief and breaths they hadn't realized they were holding. Ailee smiled at Daehyun and said that he should be there when Youngjae wakes up. Daehyun gladly agreed. 

The second Daehyun saw Youngjae in the hospital bed, alive and not so well, he was relieved. He wouldn't lose Youngjae after all, and that set him at ease as he slid a chair over and sat down at Youngjae's bedside. After watching Youngjae sleep, Daehyun grasped his hand that felt colder than usual but he knew that his warm hand would warm Youngjae's. Even in his sleep. 

It was silent until Youngjae's dad entered the room and stood on the other side of the bed, hands in his pockets, and looking distraught - well at least to Daehyun. He sighed after a moment. "Gave us a scare, didn't he?" Daehyun nodded his head but kept his eyes trained on Youngjae. "He's always done that." Daehyun this time looked at Youngjae's dad. 

"What are you talking about?" Daehyun asked. 

"There was this one time where he stood on the rooftop of our old house and he yelled out that he hated gravity and wanted to jump. His mother yelled at him to stop being childish and to get down, but he really did hate gravity and ended up jumping. His mother cried out, and I ended up having to catch him. His mother gave him a lecture and he never did it again. He was always a risk taker." He chuckled and Daehyun wore an unmeaningful small smile. 

"If you don't mind me asking, what was his mother like?" Daehyun asked and Youngjae's father paused for a bit before talking with a convincing smile. 

"She was warm, caring, and loving. I still can't believe how much Youngjae takes after her."

"I bet that you and Youngjae must miss her deeply."

"I do, everyday," 

Before anymore words could be exchanged, Youngjae stirred and his eyes fluttered open. He had a confused expression on as he reached for his chest, remembering what had caused him to be like this, but flinched at the immense pain that jolt throughout his body and a warm hand was soon on his own. And he was glad to see Daehyun and his dad. 

"You shouldn't move around so much." Daehyun said in the caring tone he's always had. He nodded and looked at his dad who looked down at him with a convincing sympathetic expression. 

"How you feeling son?" 

"Better than being dead." 

They chuckled unheartily before Ailee, Jongup, Himchan, and Donggeun entered the room. "You gave us a scare!" Ailee exclaimed as she hurried next to his side, Himchan soon after, sneakily sliding a hand around Ailee's waist unseen by the others but Youngjae who raised his eyebrows at Himchan who only shrugged. 

After conversing for a good long time, Daehyun and the rest of the crew left to get some rest before visiting him again tomorrow. Youngjae had just started to fall asleep when he heard his door being opened and closed. Thinking it was just the doctor, he let himself fall asleep.

Yongguk, wearing scrubs, a mask, and the ID of some young doctor he drained the life out of, entered the Pravus's room and looked down at the now helpless and defenseless vampire before smirking. If only he had the Lucius and the materials for the ritual. It would be like taking candy from a baby. But he instead bit Youngjae's forearm and drank only a gulp of his blood before retracting and coughing violently. 

Youngjae's blood allowed him to see his own future. He spit out what was left of the blood in his mouth in the trash and with a last glare at Youngjae, lost in a deep sleep, exited the room and the hospital. 

He was going to have his and everyone he cares about's head because he knew that it was Youngjae's dad who had killed his lover. And he doesn't take kindly to that and revenge is literally his second nature. And revenge is what he was going to get. 

~~~~~

"That was close. We almost lost him!" Donggeun yelled out as him and Youngjae's dad reached the apartment. 

"Yes, and we must keep a close eye on him to keep him out of danger or our plan will go to waste." 

Donggeun nodded before fixing himself a shot of blood while Youngjae's dad looked out the window, thinking back to his and Daehyun's talk about his wife and Youngjae's mother. It was a shame, he actually liked her, but he couldn't let her get in the way of what he really actually wanted with her. 

He was going to take Youngjae's powers no matter what so that he could be the Pravus and fulfill the prophecy that his son was too vulnerable to handle. He was going to be the Pravus and no one but a stake to his heart or the annihilation from the Lucius was going to stop him. 

~~~~~

The rest of the week consisted of daily visits from whoever to Youngjae who was still in the hospital. But since he was a vampire, he was recovering quite fastly and was announced that he could be released in a few hours. He was so grateful to hear those words. 

A few hours came and went and he was now in the back of Himchan's car with Ailee in the passenger and bandages over his shoulder as well as a sling he knew he didn't need so he took it off. The pain had lessened a great deal and he was certain that the open wound was almost fully closed. 

They arrived back home and Youngjae immediately went for the freezer containing the bags of blood because he hated the hospital food with a passion. He heated a blood bag and downed one after another. Five of them. In the process, he messed his shirt up, but he didn't care as he went upstairs and into his bedroom that was left the way it was. He plopped down onto his bed, bouncing a bit as he did so, and sprawled out. Daehyun was at school and Himchan took the day off for Youngjae. Ailee went to work as soon as they got home. 

Then, a memory flooded back to him. A memory that sent tears to form in his eyes. The memory of when he had a vision of Daehyun's future, which was none because all he could see was black. It scared him, he couldn't imagine his life without the one he loves. Thinking about the situation, he fell asleep and awoke later when his room was dark and the moon was high in the sky. 

He sat up and noticed that his chest didn't hurt anymore. So he took his stained shirt off, unwound the bandages, and took a look at his pale skin where the scar was supposed to be. Now there was just his same milky smooth skin. Sighing and putting a new and clean shirt on, he headed downstairs where Himchan, Ailee, and Daehyun were. He entered the kitchen and silence fell before Daehyun greeted him with a hug and asked if he was okay. Youngjae nodded and told them that his wound had completely healed. 

After talking and having laughs, Youngjae offered Daehyun to spend the night and of course he agreed. So now they were in Youngjae's room, snuggled close together, scared that if they let go the other would disappear from them. Daehyun had soon fell asleep when Youngjae was running his fingers through the other's hair. Youngjae smiled at the sleeping Daehyun looking so peaceful so he proceeded to block out Daehyun's nightmares. And with that, he fell asleep himself. 

~~~~~

[Three weeks later]

It was Christmas day and for once, Youngjae felt like it was a normal day. Without the trouble of Slayers and vampires. Speaking of Slayers, throughout the weeks, Taehyung's wrist had gotten bad because he refused doctor treatment and Kyungsoo tried but it didn't work out. So Daehyun offered help and instead took the two Slayers over to Youngjae's house for Donggeun to perform his healing powers. It worked and Taehyung's wrist was completely healed. It was then that Taehyung and Kyungsoo realized that these vampires were no threats and slowly began to feel more comfortable around them.

Just like now, it was Christmas day and the three Slayers as well as Youngjae's vampire family, and Ailee, were all at Youngjae's house. Food was eaten, gifts were exchanged, and memories were made but Youngjae couldn't seem to stop looking out the window where it was snowing outside. Daehyun had taken noticed and decided to ask when they were alone which was when they went to get more drinks.

"Hey, what's up? You seem to be so. . .quiet. What's eating you?"

Youngjae shrugged and gathered the drinks. "Nothing, just feeling much more better than I've ever been, I guess." He lied, and Daehyun seemed to take it as he nodded and gestured for them to take the drinks out. 

Youngjae, throughout the day, kept glancing out the window, worrying that the time when the snow sticks to the ground could be soon. It could be tomorrow or the day after that, or the day after that. It sent a fear through him that he didn't like to have. 

Just like he predicted, the next day, the snow was still there. And an awful sense of dread flooded over his whole being. He hadn't slept at all because of a feeling that just would not go away and he stared out the window at the falling snowflakes all night while Daehyun snored quietly on his bed. He turned his head away from the window for the first time when his dad opened the door with an expression that told him everything. 

"The snow," he started as he resumed his stare back outside at the snow. 

"It's sticking, yes, and I'm afraid it's time, Youngjae." 

Youngjae nodded. Dread was all he felt. He knew it was going to be hell. But as his father just said. It's time. 

~~~~~

"Bang Yongguk, sir, the snow is sticking."

"Indeed it is, gather the army from Seoul and get them here immediately. Blood is going to be shed, but it's how I envisioned it to be."

"Yes, sir."

The man exited and Yongguk smiled an evil joker smile. It's time for Youngjae's dad to pay for his violations and Youngjae as well. He was going to have his revenge."

"Sweet, sweet revenge." He chuckled. 

~~~~~

[In Seoul]

"Slayer Elders, all of our Slayers are in the city and in disguise but also ready for what is to come. We just need your word and we'll commence."

The Slayer nodded at Daehyun's uncle, Howan, who was going to be last to leave but lead the Slayers into combat. Howan smiled and bowed before leaving to go to the airport in his car that had his equipment already packed. 

The cleansing was about to start. It was going to be a bloodbath but it's how these things work. 

For the sake of humanity, it's time. 

 

xxx

 

Sorry for the wait!!!! OTL

Well here's the chapter and I hope I didn't bore you guys to death. But I love every single one of you!! Thank you for reading, upvoting, and subscribing. 

Tune in for some angst in the next chapter. That's all I'm saying for the next chapter! ^^

I apologize for any mistakes. I will fix those later on today. 

Thanks again and I love you!!♡

~Morosho