Chapter 4

Vampires, Slayers, & Forbidden Love

"Youngjae I'm...I'm your uncle." Youngjae looked at the man before him, thinking he was crazy. Hearing his thoughts, Himchan spoke again. 

"I know this is unexpected, but I need you to know that."

"How do you know I'm the Youngjae you're looking for?"

"Your eyes were flashing iridescent purple, your strength, your lame excuse of being allergic to garlic, but most of all, I saw a strong resemblence to your father."

"Well why didn't you just tell me yourself? Instead of making me hold that god forsaken garlic!" Himchan sighed and took a step towards Youngjae. 

"I had to make sure it was you." They stayed silent for a few moments. Youngjae was feeling troubled and overwhelmed. This morning he found out that Jung Daehyun is a Slayer and now, his uncle, that he never knew he had, was here. With everything that just happened the pass week, he felt like he was going to go crazy. 

Jongup, being his drudge, was able to feel Youngjae's troubling and overwhelming feeling. So he made an excuse to leave the classroom, and started wandering around. Looking for Youngjae. 

"Why did you come find me?"

"Elysia is after you, for your powers. Bang Yongguk sent Choi Junhong to do that."

There was that word and name that Youngjae needed to understand. This was also another reason for his troubling and overwhelming feeling was the way it was, and he couldn't take it anymore. "For christ's sake! What is Elysia? Who is Bang Yongguk? I've been followed by the same vampire who keeps calling me the Pravus and threatens that Elysia will take my powers away!"

Himchan looked at Youngjae, shocked. . I was hoping I could telll him he was the Pravus . Youngjae scoffed before continuing. 

"What powers do I possess that Elysia wants so badly? Why..." Himchan cut him off . 

"Because you're the one, Youngjae." Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

"The one to enslave the human race. The one to rise as the new leader and take over the world. The Pravus. No one can match how powerful you are."

Himchan placed a hand on Youngjae's shoulder who was about to say something until Himchan put his free hand over Youngjae's mouth. Hushing him. Youngjae saw Himchan's eyes roaming around, they instantly changed from brown to blood red. "Someone's listening. We can't talk here. We'll talk later." He whispered so low that Youngjae had to strain to hear better. 

After a few minutes passed, Himchan asked Youngjae, "Do you have a place where we can talk in private?" Before Youngjae could respond, Himchan was pulled back but he threw a punch. Youngjae looked to see who it was that Himchan punched, to see Jongup lying on the ground, the wind knocked out of him. 

Youngjae jumped in front of Jongup just as Himchan was about to attack again. "Wait! Don't hurt him! He's my drudge." Himchan looked to Jongup who nodded, and he nodded in understanding. Himchan walked over to Jongup, helping him up.

"I'm so sorry."

"Yeah..it's alright." Jongup grabbed his stomach where he was punched. It hurt. A lot. Himchan, noticing his pained expression, Himchan tapped his stomach gently, and the pain subsided just like that. Jongup looked better than he did before he got punched. 

"You alright now?"

"Yeah. Are you..." Himchan finished his sentence for him. "A vampire?" Jongup nodded. "Yes. I am."  Jongup looked at Youngjae.

"How do you know him?"

"He's my uncle." Jongup nodded before smiling and extending his arm. "Nice to meet you. I'm Moon Jongup." Himchan gladly took his hand, smiling in return. "Likewise, Jongup. I'm Kim Himchan. The new mythology teacher. And we really should get back to class now." They all agreed and walked back to the school. All not noticing the vampire in the trees.

~~~~~

The vampire stood in the trees. He knew he shouldn't have left ten years ago, but he had to. He was relieved to see that Youngjae was okay, but he has a plan that all started when he met Youngjae' s human mother. A plan he was ready to start.

"See you soon...son."

~~~~~

 Youngjae's day was tiring, and he was now walking back home. The streets were empty. Despite his day being tiring, Daehyun tried to approach him, but Youngjae avoided him. To make it worse, they sat by each other in every class they shared together which was all of them. It's not like I want to avoid him. I mean, what am I supposed to do, forget what we saw this morning about our future? I already tried, but it won't leave my head. 

"Youngjae!" Speak of the devil. Youngjae turned around to see Daehyun running towards him. 

"What do you want Daehyun?"

"You never let me talk."

"Fine. What do you need to say?"

Daehyun put a hand on Youngjae's shoulder, careful not to startle him. "I know what we saw this morning might've been our future." Youngjae started to shake his head. "No. Just leave me alone Daehyun. You're not safe around me." He didn't want to talk about this and he started walking away when Daehyun's next words stopped him in his tracks. 

"Why? Because you're a vampire? Yeah, I know Youngjae." Youngjae looked at him before continuing to walk. "It's okay Youngjae." Daehyun grabbed his arm.

"I said leave me alone!" Youngjae yanked his arm away, and Daehyun fell to the ground, scraping his hand in the process. Daehyun looked at his hand to see blood streaming from the wound and quickly covered it, and he looked up to see Youngjae's eyes flashing again and he crawled away. Creating a safe distance between them. 

"Wh-why do your eyes keep flashing iridescent purple?"

Youngjae then recalled Himchan saying he was the Pravus, and that his eyes flashed because of that. Realisation hit him like a ton of bricks. It must be true. I must be the Pravus. The reason why my eyes flash, why I'm finding a new found strength I didn't know I had. Youngjae looked at Daehyun who was sitting on the concrete sidewalk, cradling his hand while the other was on his stake.

I need to find Himchan. I need... Youngjae sniffed... to... Youngjae sniffed again... talk... Youngjae took a last whiff of the delicious smell of blood. Before he could finish his thoughts, the scent of Daehyun's blood filled the air and it smelt oh so tempting and it captivated Youngjae. 

Before he knew what he was doing, he was already crawling on top of Daehyun, seductively, and pulled him tightly close, revealing his neck. Daehyun couldn't do anything because Youngjae's hold was just too damn strong, stronger than the vampire from this morning. Once Daehyun's neck was exposed, Youngjae sniffed and the monster within him took over. 

Youngjae all of a sudden Daehyun, tasting him, and it made the other let out an involuntary moan. Daehyun cursed himself for doing that. Youngjae's fangs slipped from his gums and ran them along Daehyun's neck. The feeling of Youngjae's fangs grazing his neck, made Daehyun tense and it oddly turned him on. But it also scared him. A lot. 

Just as Youngjae was about to sink his fangs in Daehyun's neck, Daehyun let out a shaky breath like he was crying. Youngjae snapped back to reality and realised what he was doing. His fangs went back into his gums and he looked at Daehyun to see a tear roll down his cheek. Youngjae wiped the tear and, he didn't know why, but he pulled the other closer. Holding him while repeatedly saying, "I'm sorry, Daehyun. I'm so sorry." 

Youngjae remembered that he had to talk to Himchan. "I'm sorry Daehyun, but I have to go now."  He let go of Daehyun before taking off back to his house without looking back. He needed to talk to Himchan and he didn't care if he was running faster than usual. 

He arrived at his house to see a car in the driveway. Must be Himchan's. He ran into the house to see Ailee, Himchan, and Jongup in the living room. It seems that Himchan had told Ailee and Jongup about Youngjae being the Pravus.

Youngjae walked up to Himchan fastly. "Himchan please tell me what's going on! I can't seem to control this strength that I have! I seem to keep hurting Daehyun! I almost bit him! Please help me." 

"You came just in time Youngjae." After Himchan explained Elysia and who Bang Yongguk was, he finally mentioned the ritual. 

"Wait, so how are they going to take Youngjae's powers away?" Jongup stated and both Ailee and Youngjae nodded in agreement. 

"There's a dagger that they use to cut the wrist of the Pravus where his mark is, and collect his blood. Once that is done, they get rid of the vampire with a weapon that's called the Lucius and no one's seen it since the day your father left the Council, Youngjae."

"How does the weapon look?" Jongup asked another question. 

"It's a round and flat object that has a symbol that has three slashes in parenthesis. If a vampire rubs his thumb over the symbol, it glows and releases a ray of light that completely annihilates the intended target." (///)

Then Jongup pulled something from his pocket and it made Himchan's eyes grow wide. It was indeed the Lucius. "Where did you get this?" Jongup shrugged. 

"It was in the attic. Sorry Ailee. I kinda snooped around. I saw it and decided to keep it and ask Youngjae what it was." 

"Welk thank you for finding it. Youngjae, I think the reason your father had it, was because he was trying to protect you." Youngjae nodded and the door bell rang. Ailee answered the door. 

"Oh! Daehyun! Nice seeing you here." Ailee smiled and Daehyun returned the smile. 

"Hi. Is Youngjae here?"

"Oh yes he is. Come in." At the sound of hearing Daehyun's name, Youngjae walked to the foyer. "Youngjae, Daehyun is here for you." She walked back into the living room and Youngjae walked into the kitchen while Daehyun followed. 

"What are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Well what do you have to say?"

"Youngjae, I need you to accept the fact that what we saw this morning didn't mean nothing, it had to mean something." Youngjae didn't want to talk about this. He didn't want to hurt Daehyun, he liked him too much, maybe even loved him, but he thought it was crazy too because they just met. 

"No Daehyun." He took a step back and Daehyun grabbed him by his biceps and Youngjae, once again, pushed him away and it sent Daehyun colliding with the display of glass that Ailee had. "Daehyun!" Himchan, Ailee, and Jongup all ran in at the sound of glass breaking. 

"Youngjae, what happened?" Youngjae was panting and freaking out as Daehyun laid on the floor, unconscious, and had cuts all over his back, arm, and neck, glass stuck in some of his wounds with blood gushing out of a deep wound. Ailee and Jongup ran to his aid. 

"I-I don't know. I was,  I-I just..."

There it was again, the delicious and tempting smell of Daehyun's blood. This time, the sweet scent filled Youngjae's nostrils even more and he couldn't think straight. It clouded his mind. The monster took over him again and his piercing fangs shot out and his eyes turned a blood red color. Daehyun smells so, so, so good. I wander how he'll taste. 

Hearing his thoughts, Himchan held down Youngjae before he pounced on Daehyun. Youngjae growled and fought. "Youngjae! Snap out of it!" Youngjae didn't hear Himchan's voice. All he heard was the beating of Daehyun's heart that pumped the blood Youngjae wanted to taste so badly. 

Jongup was crouched down by Daehyun's side, in the way of Youngjae's line of sight, but when he ran to get more cloths, Youngjae could see him clearly. Youngjae saw what he did and felt guilty. "Youngjae!" He started to to hear Himchan's voice, and as quick as he turned into the monster, he was back to normal.

Youngjae was breathing heavily as he settled down, and when he was free of Himchan's hold,  he ran to Daehyun's side, cupping his face. "Oh my god. Daehyun. I didn't mean to. I'm so, so, so sorry." After saying he was sorry countless times, Himchan placed a hand on Youngjae's shoulder and told him to come see him in the living room.

 "I seriously didn't do anything! I don't know how to control this and now look what I've done!" He looked out the window to see Ailee and Jongup hauling Daehyun into the car to take him to the hospital. 

"Youngjae, you need to learn to get your thirst under control and your powers."

"How? How do I even do that?"

"I have a friend in Siberia who can help with that, Youngjae. His name is Shin Donggeun. He's a close friend of mine and your father's. He can help."

Siberia. That was in Russia, but if it meant that he can control his powers and thirst, then so be it. 

"Okay. When we'll we leave?"

"This Saturday. So you won't have to hurt Daehyun or anyone else anytime sooner."

"Okay."

~~~~~

"Yongguk, he's back."

"Who?"

"Kim Himchan?"

"That son of a . What's he doing?"

"It looks like he's here for Youngjae."

"Hmm. Just keep an eye on the both of them, and I'll give you the okay to kill Himchan."

"Yes sir."

~~~~~

It was Saturday already and Youngjae was saying goodbye to Ailee and Jongup in the airport, however, Daehyun wasn't there. He still felt so guilty about what happened that Wednesday night. 

"You be safe and train hard. I'll miss you! Fighting!" Ailee said. Youngjae gave Jongup a hug because he looked so down. "Hey. I'll only be gone for a couple of weeks." Jongup rolled his eyes and sarcastically murmured, "A couple weeks." After final goodbyes, Himchan and Youngjae boared the plane and took off. 

From Jongup's house, Daehyun could see the plane take off into the sky. He stood by the window, all bandaged up. "See you later,  Youngjae." He said before going back to rest. 

~~~~~

[One Month Later]

"Focus Youngjae! Relax and use your hearing. It's all you have right now." 

Youngjae was blindfolded and standing in the training area in the mountain. He's mastered everything from mind reading, using his peripheral vision, grew a stronger vision, controlling his thirst, his strength, gained a lot of speed, healed a lot quicker when he was wounded, and a lot more. He even discovered this kind of power that he didn't know he had. Donggeun had told him it was a dangerous power, and the only vampres who had that power, no longer existed. Fortunately, Donggeun was able to help him control that power. 

Right now, Youngjae was learning to fight without having to look. Using his new sharp hearing as his guide to know when and where his opponents were striking. Youngjae took a few deep breaths and anxiously waited for one of the four guys to attack. 

Then Youngjae heard steps running towards him and the sound of a fist flying through the air on his right side. He immediately stepped to the side, avoiding the hit, and sent a hard punch. He heard the guy grunt in pain and fall over. 

Before he could enjoy the victory, he heard a foot flying through the air behind him. Youngjae swiflty stepped backwards and grabbed the guy's leg and threw him like he was a rag doll. The last two guys attacked simultaneously and Youngjae decided to use his power. 

Youngjae put both of his hands out on either side of him and he heard the familiar sound of bones crunching, except it wasn't their bones making the sound, it was their blood. The guys were groaning in pain as Youngjae blood bended them. Youngjae knew his eyes must've been flashing because every time he used his powers, his eyes flashed that same iridescent purple. Then he heard Donggeun's voice. "Excellent, Youngjae. You may stop now." 

Youngjae put his hands down and the guys let out a breath of relief. He took the blindfold off and saw the medic guys attending to the ones he hurt. "Youngjae, you have mastered everything and your powers are fully developed." Donggeun was standing next to him. "You've just finished training." Youngjae smiled and Donggeun returned the smile. 

"If I didn't have such a great teacher, this wouldn't be a possobility." 

"Your father would've been proud. Prouder than I am of you. Now, shall we get you ready to leave tomorrow?"

Donggeun put an arm around Youngjae's shoulders and they started walking back to the little village they were staying at. Himchan saw them and he ran to greet them. "How'd he do?" Donggeun smiled at Youngjae's uncle. 

"He's done an excellent job. You guys may leave tomorrow."

"Sounds great! Thank you so much Donggeun. I owe you one."

"I'm just doing what Youngjae's father would definitely want for Youngjae."

Youngjae was lying in his bed that night. Ever since he left, there was not a second that went by when Daehyun wasn't on his mind. Youngjae hated to admit it, but he missed Daehyun. He suddenly felt so fond of him. 

Youngjae looked down on his wrist to see his mark glowing. Himchan gave it to him so he can blend in with other vampires. Except his mark read, \/\/. Youngjae thought it was odd that his mark glowed iridescent purple, like his eyes, whenever Daehyun was on his mind or how it would glow randomly. Youngjae understood whenever his mark glowed when he was using his powers, but not this. The reason it glowed randomly, was because Daehyun was thinking about him. 

Daehyun too missed Youngjae, he somehow felt empty without the other. Throughout this month of being serperated, he finally realised that he liked, no, loved Youngjae. Youngjae, as stubborn as he was, didn't want to accept that fact, and he learned that it was forbidden to fall in love with a human, let alone a Slayer. Many stories were told to him, and he didn't want that happening. So, for the sake of Daehyun's life, he kept his feelings at bay. Youngjae fell asleep thinking about his parents and Daehyun. 

~~~~~

Daehyun woke up extra early. He couldn't sleep knowing that when he closes his eyes, he'll be welcomed with horrifying images of his sister. Daehyun quickly got dressed and walked down the hallway, and down the stairs into the kitchen where he made coffee. 

Daehyun stared blankly out the window and Youngjae was once again on his mind. Daehyun couldn't think of anything or anyone else besides Youngjae. He's been in Russia for about a month now, and Jongup said he'd only be gone for a couple of weeks. 

He sighed before dumping the rest of his coffee into the sink and decided to take a walk. The birds sang their song as Daehyun walked beneath the trees and the sun peered over the horizon. He was soon at the playground that he visited often, always remembering what happened. Recalling the images of him and Youngjae, one he saw, and not Youngjae, was that they were making love. He remembered seeing the love and lust in Youngjae's eyes when they became one. 

Daehyun sat down on the swing and looked up to see a face that strongly looked like Youngjae, but it wasn't Youngjae. Daehyun stared into the eyes of the man before the sound of the trash truck tore his gaze away. He looked back to see nothing. He furrowed his brows. It couldn't have been Youngjae's dad...he died in a house fire. Daehyun shrugged and continued on with his Saturday. 

~~~~~

"Goodbye, Youngjae. It was very nice meeting you and It was a great pleasure training you. If you need anything, I'm always available." Youngjae smiled at him. "No. Thank you for everything you taught me."

Youngjae picked up his luggage and after Himchan said his goodbyes, they departed the vampire village and rode a taxi back down to the city below. once they were out of sight, Donggeun pulled out his mobile phone and called the vampire. 

"How is he?" The voice said. 

"His powers are strong. Stronger than I thought. I fear he may put up a great fight once we perform the ritual."

"Don't worry, Donggeun. He knows me, he won't ever hurt me. I was the one who raised him. Just be ready to carry out the plan."

"Okay."

~~~~~

Youngjae was so glad to be back on American soil. It was his home, except it felt so foreign to him, well of course, if you were in a different country for a month. He and Himchan were met with embraces by Ailee and Jongup. 

"Oh Youngjae, your hair is black now. You've gotten so much more handsome and fit." Ailee touched his cheeks and pouted. "Aw, your fluffy cheeks are gone." Youngjae laughed along with Himchan and Jongup. It was now eight in the evening, and Youngjae was tired from flying all day. 

"Can we go home. I kinda have jet lag."

"Sure. Let us help with the luggage."

Ailee and Jongup grabbed a bag from Himchan and Youngjae. Before they walked out of the airport, Youngjae whispered to Jongup. 

"Where's Daehyun?"

"He said he had to do something." Youngjae nodded . 

Daehyun was sitting at home. Looking at a letter he recieved from the Slayer Society. Eyeing the red stamp that had SS on it. He opened and read the letter. 

Young Slayer,

We send this letter to inform you that other fellow Slayers will be in the city to do reconnaissance. We've been getting a lot of calls that a large population of vampires are roaming the city, preying on the innocent. We trust that you will complete your mission as soon as possible. 

For The Sake Of Humanity, The Slayer Society

Daehyun knew he had to hide this letter so he hid it in the black suitcase where the other letters he received over the pass month. He sat on his bed and suddenly got a strange feeling and a voice in the back of his head kept telling him to go to Youngjae's house. He ignored it because he didn't know if Youngjae would want to see him or not, but the feeling just got stronger and he was soon running to Youngjae's house. 

Youngjae was waving at Jongup and Jieun as they walked away. He walked with the couple across the street to see them off. Daehyun was standing in front of Youngjae's house, but turned around when he heard Youngjae's voice across the street. Daehyun saw Youngjae to look more...y. He had black hair and looked so much more fit. Daehyun felt like he was drooling.

"Youngjae."

Daehyun's voice was barely above a whisper, but Youngjae heard him and he turned around to see Daehyun practically running to him. 

"Daehyun, wha-"

Youngjae was silenced when Daehyun roughly and fastly pulled Youngjae into a passionate kiss. Youngjae just stood there, his eyes flashing again and they were wide with shock. While his eyes were open, Daehyun's were closed. Daehyun's muscular arms were wrapped tightly around his waist, and Youngjae couldn't find himself to pull away. The feeling of Daehyun's lips on his, felt so good and it was like they were meant to kiss because of the way their lips molded perfectly together. Youngjae then realised why he couldn't pull away. He reached out telepathically. 

Himchan, I think...I think I love Daehyun. 

Himchan was inside the house and slammed his book shut with wide eyes when he heard what Youngjae had said to him telepathically. He knew who Daehyun was, he knew he was a Slayer. He saw his stake when he healed his back. He didn't want Youngjae getting hurt, and if he were to love Daehyun, he'd be breaking a violation of Elysia. So he reached back telepathically to Youngjae. 

No, Youngjae. You can't. 

 

 

A/N:

Sorry it took forever with the update. The wifi at my house wasn't working and I cracked my phone >.< Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I felt like it was boring but tell me what you think! Have a great day!