Chapter 8

Vampires, Slayers, & Forbidden Love

 

"Daehyunnie, why? Why? Why did you let that vampire hurt me?" 

He wanted so badly to say he was sorry, but not a sound emitted from his plump lips. No words were necessary as what looked like his sister, roughly clasped a cold hand over his mouth and dragged him into darkness. 

I'm sorry, Ae Sook. I'm sorry. 

Knock, knock, knock. 

The sound of soft knuckles rapping against the front door was what brought Daehyun's eyes to thankfully flutter open, and cause him to jerk slightly. It was well early in the morning and he was tired from the celebratory of Youngjae's father's return.

Annoyed, he slipped out from the comfy refines of his bed, missing the sight of his tear stained pillow, and sluggishly walked downstairs where the soft knocking continued. He opened the door, and to his surprise were two very familiar faces. 

"Taehyung? Kyungsoo? What are you guys doing here? I thought you were still in Seoul." 

His two fellow Slayers exchanged looks at each other before smiling at Daehyun warmly. "We're here for the summons we received from the Slayer Society. Didn't you receive one?" Taehyung asked. 

"I did, but isn't it too early to be here?"

"We have nothing else to do. So are you going to let us in or are we going to freeze our asses off, because I prefer to come inside than to freeze my pretty off." Kyungsoo remarked. 

Daehyun chuckled at Kyungsoo's unrelenting sass before stepping aside, letting the two Slayers in, plopping their bags down in the foyer. "This is my cousin's house, he's sleeping right now so I guess you two could-"

"Wait in the living room?" Kyungsoo cut him off, "If that's okay with you. We'll just hang around here the whole day." Daehyun nodded and the two Slayers sat down on the couch and were immediately consumed by sleep. Jet lag like a . 

Daehyun chuckled at the sight, shaking his head, and went back to his room to earn an extra thirty minutes of sleep before school would drive him to get up and get dressed. 

~~~~~

Youngjae stared at the ceiling, sleep drifting far away from him, as he replayed last night's actions that had happened. Choi Junhong was dead, murdered actually, they had the Lucius back, but most of all, his dad was back. It was all so surreal and happened so fast that he was still pondering at the thought of having his dad back. 

As if on cue, there was a knock on his door, before it opened. His dad entered the bedroom, and gave a warm smile that Youngjae missed so much. He returned the smile as his father sat down at the foot of his bed. 

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, dad."

Youngjae couldn't remember the last time he had heard those words from his dad, or the last he's ever said those words to his dad. He was very grateful to have him back. 

"I just wanted to come check up on you. Himchan mentioned you've been having dreams lately, and I wanted to know if you were okay."

Youngjae sat up in his bed, and nodded. "I'm fine. I didn't sleep at all anyway." His dad nodded and a silence fell between them. 

"So, when is this war you mentioned last night?" Youngjae asked in curiosity. 

"When the snow sticks to the ground,"

Youngjae peered outside of his window, there were storm clouds,  and a jolt of fear ran throughout his part immortal body. He nodded, and his dad stood. 

"Well then, I'll leave you to get dressed for school. See you, son."

Youngjae smiled and gave a single nod before his dad left the room. When the snow sticks to the ground. Outside, Youngjae knew, was cold enough for snow to start falling, but he wouldn't let his fear get the best of him, unknowingly that it already had. 

Bang Yongguk will soon find out that his dad was indeed alive and well, that he has the Lucius, Junhong was dead, and that Youngjae's powers were now more than ready to be taken away. 

He dreaded the day when the snow will stick to the ground. 

~~~~~

"I've been thinking," Youngjae hummed when Daehyun spoke as they walked to Youngjae's house together, school went by in a blur, "that, if you turned me into a vampire, could we be together and not have any worries of violating any laws?" 

Youngjae abruptly halted his steps and so did Daehyun. He turned to him and saw that Daehyun was being serious. "Turn you into a vampire?" Daehyun nodded, and Youngjae scoffed. "No. ing. Way. I wouldn't put you in a position where you are a blood , feared, and antagonizing creature of the night. Not to mention that controlling your hunger is the worst. I can't put you through that, not now, not ever!" 

"Ok-ay Daytime Emmy." Daehyun said, and they continued walking. "It was just a thought. I wasn't actually asking you to do it." 

He was right. It was just a thought, but Youngjae could've sworn he wasn't joking, and it scared the out of him that Daehyun would even consider such a heinous thing. Nevertheless, they continued walking until they arrived at Youngjae's house, where no one was home - Ailee was working a day shift, his dad and Donggeun went to go catch up, and Himchan stayed at school grading papers. So it was just the two of them alone. 

They sat on the couch with sodas and snacks, playing a video game that Youngjae triumphantly beat Daehyun at countless times, their sodas and snacks were long forgotten when their gaming started getting physical; Daehyun was poking Youngjae's sensitive stomach, while Youngjae tried knocking the controller out of Daehyun's hands. Eventually, Youngjae yelled out in victory when he won, and Daehyun tackled him on the couch, half tickling him to death until he stopped. 

His hands were tightly around Youngjae's wrists, pinning his arms above the vampire's head, then he leaned down, eyes locked, and their shy lips met passionately. Eyes slipped closed, Youngjae's mark proceeded to glow very brightly, as Daehyun let go of his wrists so he could wrap his arms around his vampire, pulling him closer. 

It was only a matter of time when Daehyun lifted Youngjae up in one swift move, clumsily carrying him upstairs to Youngjae's room where he slammed the door closed with his foot, lips still connected hungrily while tongues battled for dominance as Daehyun laid Youngjae on the bed and rid them of their clothing. 

It all felt right. It all felt so pleasuring. Youngjae didn't want this to end. His toes were curled, his back was arched into solid abs, his hands clawed at his bed sheets, and his breathing became short pants mixed with lust fully moans while Daehyun's skilled fingers worshipped every single part of the exposed body of Youngjae. It was all he wanted. It was pure bliss. 

By now his mark had been shining brighter than ever, and his eyes, although were lidded and glazed, shone the fluorescent purple, not only could he see love, but a tragedy that sent him to shudder.

He's never felt so much love before. He cried out loud, specifically yelling Daehyun's name, as he reached the end of this pleasure, his body convulsing once, twice, and a third time before going limp in a strong hold. 

He was in love. Head over heels for a Slayer. Nothing could change his mind. He thought, as he fell fast asleep in his Slayer's arms.

~~~~~

"Youngjae's going to have to know the truth sooner or later, Dyavol." Donggeun spoke as he watched Youngjae's dad down another shot of OB negative. They were back at Youngjae's dad's apartment. 

"He'll find out one way or another, but when he does, I'm sure that'll be the best time to carry out the plan. For now, keep playing innocent. We'll wait until the war begins. It's the only chance we have, and this is the only reason I've ever married his mother. She was helpless under my command. Which is why I can't risk to tell him the truth so early. We'll wait it out, but now, we better head back to the house."

He stood, staggering a bit from the alcoholic blood, and regained his composure before walking out with Donggeun, heading back to the house.

~~~~~

Daehyun's eyelids opened heavily at the smell of food cooking downstairs. He looked beside him where there was an empty space where Youngjae had been, but he wasn't there and assumed he was downstairs where he heard the voices of Ailee, Himchan, Donggeun, and Youngjae's dad. Then he saw that his clothes were back on him except for his shoes. As if a wave of remembrance flooded over him, he remembered their "actions" earlier, and a blush tainted his cheeks. 

After a moment of controlling his emotions, he slipped out of the bed, slipped his shoes back on, and left the bedroom. His stomach growled as he emerged from the stairs and noticed everyone's eyes were on him until Ailee welcomed him and gave him a plate of food, then conversation started back up. 

After wolfing his food down, he noticed Youngjae wasn't there, neither could he sense the vampire's presence like he could. 

"Youngjae went to the park in case you're wondering. He said he needed some time alone. It looked like something was bothering him, but you could go see him if you'd like." Ailee answered his curiosity and he nodded before cleaning his place up and putting his jacket on, leaving the warmth of the house into the cold evening air.

As he walked, the cold nipped at his face until he saw Youngjae sitting on the swing in the small park. He smiled and walked behind him before attempting to scare the other.

"I know you're there, Daehyun."

Daehyun stopped in his tracks and pouted. 

"You're no fun," he said and Youngjae kept a straight face. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" Daehyun asked, suddenly aware of the others troubling feeling. It was quiet for a moment or two before Youngjae spoke again. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, a little sore from earlier, it's just that," he trailed off, looking in the direction of the beautiful sunset that was seemingly distracting him, and Daehyun decided to stand in front of Youngjae to block the view of the sunset. 

"It's just that what?" He asked, and Youngjae looked at him with sad eyes. 

"I, uh, I, you, we," he was stumbling, but he didn't want to say what he had seen in the future while they were making love, it was all too much and he didn't want that to happen. 

"What?" Daehyun asked again. 

Youngjae sighed. "I saw. . . your future." 

Daehyun's pout vanished and a small smile replaced it. "How was my future? Were you in it? How do I look?"

Youngjae wasn't smiling, not even showing any emotion other than a deep, mournful sadness. "I don't know,"

"What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you the one who had seen my future?" Daehyun's smile quickly vanished, and worry filled his handsome features. 

"You don't have a future," Youngjae choked out with tears threatening to fall. Daehyun's playfulness was completely gone, and he was overtaken by fear as Youngjae looked at him with tears flowing down his cheeks.

It couldn't be. Was I going to die? Why?

Reading his mind, Youngjae answered his questions. "Yes, you are going to die and for a reason I don't know why. I'm so sorry, Daehyun. This all my fault. If only I didn't fall in love with you. If only you never met me. If only we weren't a couple. You'd have a future and still be alive. It's all because of me."

Daehyun took notice of Youngjae's heavy flow of tears and quiet sobs. He was about to hug him and tell him that everything was going to be alright, until he heard a voice very near. 

"Daehyun? What are doing with it?" Taehyung spoke with disgust etched in his voice, he looked like he was jogging when he came across them, Kyungsoo came following soon after. The two Slayers eyeing their fellow Slayer with the Pravus vampire they were assigned to kill if Daehyun didn't. 

Daehyun looked at them as they pulled their stakes out, and he was quick to be in a protective stance in front of Youngjae who still kept his head down, fully aware of the situation, but still not getting over the fact that Daehyun wasn't going to have a future. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair. 

Taehyung and Kyungsoo began to walk towards the two and Kyungsoo motioned for Daehyun to move. "Daehyun, step away from the vampire."

"No,"

"Daehyun we have to do this. It's for the sake of humanity." Taehyung said. 

"No, I won't let you."

"What's happened to you? What happened to the Daehyun who enjoyed mercilessly slaying vampires? Huh? Where did that Daehyun go?" 

Daehyun looked at the young and inexperienced Slayers before backing up and reaching a hand behind him to place it on Youngjae who still kept his head down. Then he glanced at his vampire lover, tears still flowing, and he looked back at the two Slayers who were ready to attack any second now. 

"Move, Daehyun! I don't want to have to do this." 

Kyungsoo and Taehyung looked at each other before simultaneously advancing on Daehyun and Youngjae, stakes in hand, and. . . 

 

xxx

Lol. Cliff hanger. It's friggin' two in the morning here, I'm tired, and I have school later on today, not to mention another report I have to do for work, but I'll update this again later if I can. Sorry if it was shorter, but I promise to make it a little bit longer next chapter!

If you happen to like this, then drop a comment below, and let me know what you think. I can take constructive criticism, because I want to improve my writing! So I hope you enjoyed this update with a little bit of Daejae action lol. 

Ahééhéé (thank you in Navajo, my langauge) to all of my lovely subscribers, readers, and silent readers! And a big thanks to those who have upvoted to this story! Love you all! Áyóó Ánííshní! Love you! 😙💖

~Morosho