Chapter 7

Vampires, Slayers, & Forbidden Love

Youngjae tiredly trudged through the front door of Ailee's house, Himchan following soon after. He sees more action in a day than any other teen. The perks of being half vampire. He went into the living room and slipped out of his shoes while Himchan laid on the couch, exhaustion present, but he was a vampire that didn't sleep a lot. So Youngjae turned and ascended the stairs and into his room where he collapsed onto his bed. He was so glad it was Sunday. 

He let out a sigh of relief before rolling around and trying to find a comfortable spot, and fell into a deep sleep that he needed, but he knew the haunting and inescapable dreams that consume him when he sleeps

"Youngjae! Help me! Save me!" Youngjae heard the scream of his mother in the burning house. "Youngjae! Help us!" The teen heard the cry of his father that rang through his ears. "Mom! Dad!" Youngjae pushed pass the fire fighters and cops to reach the burning house, ignoring the shouts of the fire fighters and cops. 

Youngjae ran up the stairs and ran down the hall to his parents' room where smoke puffed out from underneath the door. Youngjae pushed open the door and his parents were in there reaching out him. "Youngjae! Help us! Save us!" They screamed out and he was going to run to them, but was stopped by the feeling of a pair of arms pulling him back. 

He heard the laughing of a familiar voice, and turned behind to see Bang Yongguk. Youngjae struggled to escape his clutches, but was to no avail. "Youngjae! Help us!" His parents screamed out once more. He tried and tried to get away, but his was pinned down. 

Yongguk held a dagger above him that shone from the fire's flames and he had the Lucius that hung around his neck on chain. "Youngjae!" Youngjae turned to see his parents burn away, they were gone. "No! Mom! Dad!" Tears brimmed his eyes as he looked back at Yongguk who brought the dagger down to Youngjae's heart. "No!" The dagger went deep into his heart and. . .

"No!" Youngjae awoke, jumping up, and letting out a scream that sent Ailee and Himchan bursting through his door, worriedly. "Are you okay?" Himchan asked. Youngjae's eyes darted around and his hand flew where his heart was, and what he saw was blood. His blood. Ailee looked at him with worry. "What's wrong? What happened?" She asked. 

Youngjae felt the sense that they were being watched, it was a strong, unsettling sense that Himchan could feel also. "Someone's watching," he said, but Ailee placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort. 

"We need to get you treated, Youngjae" she said as she started tugging him out of bed, and with Himchan's help, helped him down the stairs where they sat him on the couch. She grabbed a cloth and started to dab at the gash. "It's pretty deep, we need to get you to the hospital," Youngjae shook his head.

"No," Ailee looked at him, "I'll be fine, I'll heal. I'm a vampire. Well half vampire, but still the same." He convinced Ailee, and she finally nodded. 

"Okay, well I have to go to work." It was eight in the morning and she spared a last glance at Youngjae who still felt as of they were being watched and left. Himchan watched as she left, seeing to it that she left safely. Once she was put of the driveway, he turned to Youngjae, still sitting on the couch as the gash slowly began to close up. 

"Alright, what did you see in your dream?" Youngjae looked at Himchan with surprise. "We're telepathically connected." Himchan said, and Youngjae nodded. 

"I-in my dream, I was back on that day. Except I was the age I am now. Mom and dad were yelling for me to help them. So I ran into the house, up the stairs, and into the bedroom. They were reaching out to me, but before I could get to them, someone was pulling me back."

"Who?"

"B-Bang Yongguk, he had the dagger and Lucius. I looked back at mom and dad, they burned away and Yongguk stabbed me. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt like it was all real. I have this feeling like we're being watched too."

Himchan looked at him, because he could feel it too and they began looking around the house and saw nothing. "I'm going back to the hospital to visit Daehyun," Youngjae announced while putting his shoes on.

"Wait, I'll come with you," Himchan said and they both drove to the hospital together. 

~~~~~

He almost had him, almost had him. If it weren't for those pesky memories Youngjae withheld. Yongguk had the hood of his jacket over his head and covering his face, and an old lady passed by, staring at him, but he paid no heed. He blocked out all of his surroundings. 

He had tears slipping down his cheeks and he hugged himself. He didn't mean to act so early, but he was driven by rage, vengence, and heartbreak to make sure Youngjae didn't breath another breath once he had found out the heart clenching news this morning. He still remembered the last telepathic message sent to him before he lost all connection. 

I'm sorry, Yonggukkie. 

Yongguk somehow made his way back to the Elysian headquarters and into his room where he collapsed and roughed up the place. 

I'm going to kill every last bloodline of the Yoo family. No matter what. 

~~~~~

"Hey Daehyun!" Youngjae greeted excitedly as he entered the hospital room, the gash fully healed with his jacket to cover the blood soaked shirt, and Himchan in tow. He took the seat next to Daehyun's bed, Himchan taking the one across the room where Youngjae's dad sat in the previous night. 

Youngjae smiled brightly at Daehyun who tiredly smiled back. He didn't look too good; Daehyun's eyes were puffed out with bags underneath and his skin was paler than usual. Youngjae frowned and placed a hand on his forehead. "Are you okay? You don't look too good."

"I'm fine, just tired is all." Daehyun reassured his boyfriend. He actually didn't get any sleep at all, he was still shaken up from the encounter with Mr. Yoo last night. "I'm glad you're here, it kind of got lonely." Daehyun said while smiling at Youngjae. Youngjae stared at him for a while before he broke out into a smile. 

"Hey, your symbol is glowing again. Why does it do that? Whenever you're around me, I noticed it does that."

"Because you're the one, Daehyun. You're Youngjae's human. You've become close enough with him, that you've actually became one with him. Whenever he feels the deep affection for you, it'll glow, whenever he thinks of you, or if you think of him, it'll glow. It's the way vampires know that the love is true." Himchan explained to the pair who both nodded in understanding and smiling brightly at each other.

Before Youngjae could say something, the door opened and in came Jongup. "Hello my cousin!" He greeted, and noticed  the presence of Youngjae and Himchan. "And hello my master and my master's uncle." He bowed slightly and Youngjae playfully pushed him back while laughing. 

"I told you not to call me master! You'll make me feel burdensome." Youngjae laughed again along with Jongup and Daehyun. Himchan chuckled. 

The three shared stories and laughs, enjoying the time they had with one another. Unbeknownst to them, and Ailee, the vampire lurking within the halls of the hospital. He was just waiting for the okay from Donggeun to come out and let Youngjae find him, which will be soon enough. 

~~~~~

It was well after lunchtime when Youngjae, Himchan, and Jongup left the hospital. Jongup left with Jieun for another date so now Youngjae and Himchan walked by each other in silence to Central Park where they sat down on a bench. 

After a moment of silence Himchan turned to Youngjae. "So how did it go in your trial?" Youngjae just remembered that he didn't tell Himchan what he was told. 

"I told them my father was still alive and they gave me until the end of this year to find him and bring him to Elysia." Himchan nodded, and Youngjae continued, "But I have no idea where to start looking."

"New York is huge and he could be anywhere, Youngjae. But the places I guess he could be are your old house, you know, the one that burned, here in the park where he always took long walks with you and your mother, the attic in the old library where he always hid from the police, he was a real trouble maker, and the grave yard at night where your parents were buried."

Youngjae nodded and stood up. "Well, let's start searching. I'll hey Jongup to help after his date." Youngjae took out his phone and sent a text to Jongup while Himchan took out his phone and dialed a number. 

"Hey Donggeun,"

"Hey Himchan, what is it?"

"Youngjae and I are going to go look for his dad. Elysia's given him until the end of the year to find him. Will you help?"

"Sure! Anything for Mahlyenki Dyavol and a good friend. I'll be right there. Where are you?"

"Central Park."

"Okay. I'm on my way now."

"Thank you, bye." They hung up and Youngjae and Himchan proceeded to search. While Donggeun exited the apartment where he and Youngjae's dad were talking, but he was going to keep it a secret, but Youngjae's dad tell him to wait until Youngjae starts to lose his patience

~~~~~

Daehyun sat silently by himself in his hospital room, scrolling through his Twitter when the nurse came in, carrying a huge envelope. She handed it to him. "You've got mail." She said before leaving the room. He took the envelope and checked to see who it was from. He chuckled when he saw the words, From Mom, and already knew who it was from. 

Daehyun ripped open the envelope and took out the smaller one with the red ink stamp that had SS on it. He opened it to see a letter. 

Calling all Slayers, 

                   The Slayer Society have made a decision to perform a cleansing. It has been confirmed that the city of New York is infested with these blood thirsty vampires, and the human and Slayer race are in risk of their safety. We must act immediately. Therefore, the cleansing shall take place when the first snow sticks to the ground. There will be a meeting held in seven days' time. We expect all Slayers to be there. 

       Calling all Slayers, The Slayer Society

Daehyun had a sense of dread wash over him like a flood. A cleansing meant that he could possibly lose Jongup, Himchan, Ailee, and Youngjae. He couldn't have that. He even told The Slayer Society that by the next time they saw him, he would have completed his mission. His mission to kill Youngjae. But he couldn't do it, now he can't lose him or his new found friends and cousin. He couldn't.

Why a cleansing? Why now?

~~~~~

[Time change]

"We can't find him anywhere!" Youngjae slammed his hand on the table where a map of New York was laid out, in fustration. The map was scribbled over with circles, check marks, and x's. Then he started pacing the floor. "It's already December!" Himchan grabbed him.

"Youngjae, you need to calm down. We'll find him, and I know we will. You just have to be patient."

"I can't! I have one month left! Elysia is going to kill you, Jongup, Ailee, Donggeun, and Daehyun! I sure as hell can't have that! Not now! Not ever!" Youngjae pointed at the said people standing around in the kitchen, sympathy on their faces. 

Youngjae was about to yell again when Daehyun grabbed him and pulled him into a tight embrace. Tears threatened to fall from Youngjae's eyes, but Daehyun was quick to comfort him. "Youngjae, everything is going to be alright. I'm here now remember? And I'm not going nowhere. Even though we haven't found your dad or any sign of him, doesn't mean he isn't out there. We're going to find him and you won't lose anybody, not even me."

Youngjae was glad to be in Daehyun's arms again. Daehyun left, without word, back to Seoul. For a whole two months because of The Slayer Society. Youngjae could've sworn those two months were the worst times of his life, but now he was back and that's all that matters. 

The others in the room agreed silently to leave the couple to give them some alone time as they all exited the kitchen, and sat down in the living room. Daehyun held Youngjae tighter, and because of that action, Youngjae's symbol began glowing even brighter than before. 

"Are you okay?" Daehyun whispered and Youngjae's reply was, "I need blood." Daehyun nodded and allowed Youngjae to pull his neck closer to his now bared fangs. Youngjae's fingers entangled in Daehyun's hair and he pulled his head back before finding that sweet spot where a vein was prominent, and sunk his fangs in. 

Daehyun let out a quiet moan as Youngjae drank his blood and held him tighter. The feeling sent Daehyun on cloud nine, it was his high. As for Youngjae, Daehyun's blood was a drug to him. It intoxicated him with love and lust as the red liquid splashed onto his tongue - it was sweet. He's never wanted a human's blood so much before.

Youngjae drank until he felt that pretty-soon-he-wouldn't-be-able-to-pull-away feeling came and pulled his fangs out from Daehyun's neck and his lips and the trail of blood on Daehyun's neck. "Do you feel better now?" Daehyun asked and Youngjae nodded. 

"What do you say, we go back out and look for your dad again. We can't give up hope, Youngjae. There's still time." Daehyun looked at Youngjae who thought it over for a moment and agreed. They grabbed their jackets and walked into the foyer. After they announced they were going to the grave yard, everyone was going to go but they wanted to go alone together. So they did.

Donggeun sent a text message to Youngjae's dad. He's heading to the grave yard. 

The couple walked hand in hand, shoulders brushing, towards the grave yard. Once they arrived, they went straight for the burial sight of Youngjae's parents. They let go of each other's hand as Youngjae observed the tomb stone of his mother. Then, he noticed something was missing. He frowned. 

"What is it?" Daehyun asked upon seeing his vampire's frown. 

"There's something missing," Youngjae said, "Ah! The portrait. The family portrait of my father, mother, and I when we first moved into that house. It's not here." 

As if on cue, a twig snapped and the pair looked to where the noise came from. What Youngjae saw, made his heart beat a mile a minute. There, in the darkness, he saw hands - familiar hands that he held at night from having nightmares, hands that caught him when he fell out of the tree behind their house, and hands that now held the family portrait.  

"Dad?" Youngjae spoke, and the silhouette emerged from the darkness and his breath hitched. It was indeed his dad. His dad placed the portrait where it was last and looked at Youngjae who immediately ran into his arms. They embraced each other. 

"Where have you been the last ten years? What happened to mom? Why couldn't I reach you telepathically?" Youngjae asked expectantly. 

"I'm sorry, Youngjae. You'll get your answers, just not here and not now." Youngjae pulled away and was glad to here that soothing voice again. "We have company," his dad said and Youngjae almost forgot Daehyun was with them. 

"Oh, sorry, dad, this is Daehyun. Jung Daehyun. He's my boyfriend." Daehyun nervously bowed and Youngjae's dad only smiled before bringing Daehyun in for a short and awkward hug. 

"Well I'll be. Hello, Jung Daehyun." He said before Youngjae said they should get back home, and that Himchan, Ailee, and Donggeun would want to see him. His dad nodded and they made their way back to the house. 

It was a silent walk, but in a matter of time, they were already back at the house where everyone was waiting around. They walked and closed the door. Youngjae looked at his dad who gave a curt nod and the three of them walked in. As soon as they set foot in there, everyone stood at the same time. 

"H-hello everyone," Youngjae's dad spoke up. Before he could say anything more, Himchan hugged him. 

"It's so good to see you," Himchan said as he pulled away. Youngjae's dad smiled at him, and he averted his gaze to Ailee who slowly walked to him. 

"Hey Ail-" She slapped him, right across his face. 

"Where were you when Youngjae needed you?!" She yelled but Himchan pulled her back and quietly started talking to her. 

"We're all just catching up," Youngjae's dad said, sarcastically. Donggeun looked at him and acted surprised. They acted like they didn't have a secret plan to take Youngjae's powers away, and gave each other a quick hug  

"It's great to see you, Dyavol." Donggeun said and Youngjae's dad smiled at him. 

Youngjae looked at Jongup and who seemed a little lot and introduced him. "Dad, this is my drudge, Jongup." Youngjae's dad looked at Jongup and smiled before shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you, Jongup." 

After all of the greeting was over, Youngjae and his dad sat together in the kitchen. "So you wanted answers, right? Ask me anything." His dad said.

"Where have you been?"

"In England, there's a house, well a mansion technically, that I hid in for the past nine years until I came back this year when I heard you were fully grown and you were the Pravus."

Youngjae nodded, "If it wasn't you in the bed with mom when the house burned, then who was?"

"I'm not sure,"

Youngjae nodded again. "Why couldn't I reach you telepathically?"

"That I can explain," Youngjae's dad pulled up the sleeve of his dress shirt to reveal a really bad burn mark where his symbol was supposed to be. "I burned it off so no one could reach me. No one would've been able to reach me telepathically. This hurt like a , but it was the only way to cover my identity and keep you safe."

A silence fell upon them before Youngjae's dad spoke again. "I've been watching over you and I want you know that I know who bit Daehyun. I saw it happen."

Anger filled Youngjae once again, and he desired to know who bit his Slayer and give that vampire a piece of his mind. "Who?" He asked.

"It was Choi Junhong," Youngjae looked at him with shock. 

"That son of a , I'm going to kill him." Youngjae said but his dad interrupted him. 

"You can't kill anyone when they're already dead," he said and Youngjae looked at him, confused. "Choi Junhong is dead. He, uh, was killed by this," He held up the Lucius, placed it on the table, and Youngjae's eyes widened. 

"The Lucius? But how, I had to give it to him because he would've killed Ailee."

"He happened to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time. I saw him with the Lucius and we got into a little fight until I got my hands on the Lucius and I guess you know what happened next."

"Well we have the Lucius, but we don't have the dagger. Bang Yongguk has the dagger. How are we supposed to get it back?"

"We'll talk about that later, for now, we will enjoy family time before the war happens."

"Wait, what war?" Himchan asked as he and Donggeun were standing in the doorway of the kitchen. 

"A war," His dad began, "A war between vampires and Slayers. The Slayers may call it a cleansing, but we vampires call it a war, and it is going to happen soon enough. It's all part of the prophecy. The prophecy of the Pravus. On that glorious day, his powers will be stronger than ever and it is also the day he will take over the world, slaughter the humans or make them slaves. Nothing can stop him." 

"I'm going to do all that?" Youngjae asked, to which his dad nodded. 

"For now, we shall enjoy this time of fellowship between family." His dad said before walking out to the living room with Donggeun and Himchan where Ailee, Jongup, and Daehyun were talking. Youngjae was left in the kitchen alone. 

This power, it is too much for one being. Even me. I don't want to slaughter the humans, make them slaves, or take over the world, it's all too much. I can't do it.

~~~~~

[In Seoul]

"Kim Taehyung, Do Kyungsoo," the addressed Slayers stood up right and looked at the Slayer elders, "We order you two to report to New York immediately, and keep an eye on Jung Daehyun. See to it that he completes his job before the cleansing begins. He seemed different during his two months of additional training."

"Don't fret elders, we'll do our best, and we'll take the next flight out." Kyungsoo spoke and the elders nodded their approval. The two youngest Slayers bowed and exited the room. 

They were going to finish Daehyun's mission, whether he was their closest friend or not. Even if Kyungsoo already knew about Daehyun's relationship with Youngjae when Daehyun told him during their additional training, and Taehyung didn't know. He was going to finish this.

No matter what. 

×××

Hello my lovely and beautiful subscribers and silent readers,  here's another update and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with this story because I feel like people just accidentally click on my story and quickly exit, that's why I have so many views, but thank you so much to those who actually do read this and subscribed or upvoted to this. You guys are the real MVP's and I love every single one of you! I apologize for any mistakes that I'll probably fix later because I typed this out on my phone lol. Have a great day' 😊💖

~Morosho