Eight

Blindly in Love

Chapter 8

Once they were inside the martial arts gym, Sehun lead Jongdae into a corner where they weren’t likely to get hit by Zitao. They sat down and Sehun watched something he watched almost every week; first, Zitao stretched so he wouldn’t pull a muscle. His stretches normally consisted of everything Sehun was bad at doing when it came to gym. Boy was he glad he didn’t have to bother with gym class anymore.

“What’s he doing?” Jongdae asked curiously.

“He’s just stretching.” Sehun replied. “So he doesn’t hurt himself.”

“Ah.” Jongdae nodded in understanding. “That’s good. I wouldn’t want him to get hurt…”

Sehun laughed. “Do you care about Zitao-hyung that much?”

Jongdae bit his lip. “He’s the only person who’s cared about in over ten years besides my brother. I’m just giving what I receive…”

“I can understand that.” Sehun said, watching as Zitao was practically doing the splits. He winced at the thought of how much that would hurt if it was him trying to do that. “I don’t understand how the hell Zitao-hyung can stretch so easily…”

“Years of practice.” Zitao called from the middle of the fairly large gymnasium.

“Right. That…” Sehun mumbled. “But still. I took gym glass for like…10 years.”

“You probably weren’t even trying.” Zitao said, standing up. “I may not have known you your whole life, but you seemed to be the type of person who just slacked off and tried to avoid all kinds of exercise.”

Jongdae laughed from next to Sehun, causing Zitao to smile slightly. But then his face grew serious as he tried to remember the key points of the new routine he’d been practicing over the past two weeks. He imagined an opponent in front of him—the easiest way for Zitao to successfully complete a routine—then started moving.

“Oh, oh, he’s starting.” Sehun said, elbowing Jongdae slightly.

“What’s he doing?” Jongdae asked.

“Uh…” Sehun watched as Zitao glided around the gymnasium throwing high kicks and flips. “The best way I can describe it is high kicks and flips, and aerial kicks.”

Jongdae tried to envision that in his head. “Ohh. That sounds really cool.”

“Now he’s grabbed his wushu stick—it’s a long, wooden stick.” Sehun said. “He’s twirling it around and…yeah. Sorry I’m bad at describing.”

Jongdae shook his head. “It’s alright. I can kind of tell when he’s on the ground or when he’s moving because of the sound…Did he fall just then?”

“On purpose.” Sehun said. “He slammed the wushu stick onto the ground. He normally doesn’t hurt himself doing that, so don’t worry. Oh, now he has a sword that he’s moving around with.”

Zitao kept making sidelong glances at Sehun and Jongdae. He couldn’t hear what was being said because he was trying to concentrate, but he seen Sehun gesture a couple things (despite Jongdae being unable to see it) and Jongdae still nodding in understanding. As Zitao glided across the gymnasium again, he caught the smile on Jongdae’s face. The elder must have been imagining everything Sehun was telling him the whole time.

He turned his concentration back on not screwing up and made for his ‘big’ finale. He did a flip with the tasseled sword still in hand (it was plastic, so even if it did hit him, it wouldn’t hurt), then threw the sword in the ground and picked up the nun chucks from the ground and began twirling those around his body carefully, but with ease.

“Oh, he brought out the nun chucks.” Sehun said. “I still don’t understand how he doesn’t hit himself with them with his constant twirling around his arms and stuff…”

“What are nun chucks?” Jongdae asked.

“They’re just…two metal cylinders on a chain. And you spin them around.” Sehun said. “I’ve only seen Zitao-hyung mess up with them once. And…that was when they…accidentally slipped out of his hands and nearly hit me in the face. You could say I almost had a heart attack that day…”

Jongdae cracked a smile. “Well, at least they didn’t hit you.”

Zitao stopped and approached them without them realizing. “I hope Sehun-ah isn’t telling you stories about me.”

Sehun jumped in surprise. “Jeez, you really are a ninja.”

Jongdae beamed at the sound of Zitao’s voice. “Judging from Sehun-ah’s explanations, you looked really fantastic, Zitao-ah.”

Zitao rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Well…fantastic might be an exaggeration…”

“I really wish I could’ve actually seen it…”Jongdae said disappointedly. “I don’t think my imagination made it good enough.”

“You make it sound like I’m a professional or something…” Zitao was trying hard not to blush. “Trust me; I’m not as good as you think…”

Jongdae stood up. “Well I still think you’re good, even if I didn’t see it…”

“Okay, okay fine.” Zitao said. “I just didn’t want you to be disappointed if you actually were able to get your vision back and were to see me practicing.”

“The first thing I would want to see if I could get my vision back somehow…” Jongdae trailed off momentarily, “is your martial arts. I mean, the first thing besides yo—other people’s faces and such…”

Zitao bit his lip. Sehun noticed this and grabbed the other’s arm. “Can we talk for a bit?”

“Huh?” Zitao was obviously confused.

“Just come on.” Sehun dragged him away from Jongdae’s earshot. He turned to the older once they were far enough away. “You’re acting pretty weird towards Jongdae-hyung.”

“How?” Zitao asked. “I’m…acting like I normally would towards him…”

“But something seems off.” Sehun said. “Did something happen?”

Zitao bit the inside of his cheek. “N-not really…”

“Something happened.” Sehun crossed his arms.

“I swear nothing happened!” Zitao shouted.

Suddenly Jongdae was approaching them, probably following Zitao’s shout. “What’s going on?”

Sehun jumped in surprise. “People need to stop sneaking up on me! Jeez!”

“And you say I’m the scared-y cat.” Zitao said.

“You are though…” Sehun mumbled.

“Whatever.” Zitao waved off Sehun’s comment. “Jongdae-hyung, is there anywhere you want to go? I can get Sehun to take you home if you’d like.”

Jongdae seemed disappointed, but managed a nod. “Okay…I’ll see you at school Monday though, right?”

Zitao smiled and messed Jongdae’s hair. “Sure thing. Do you want my phone number? So you can call me. Or—you know, get your brother to call me.”

Jongdae beamed. “Yes please!”

Zitao chuckled. “Alright, hold on. Let me find something to write on.”

After giving Jongdae his cell number, Zitao dried his sweat with a towel and they went back to Sehun’s car. Although Jongdae seemed reluctant to telling Sehun where he lived for whatever reason, he eventually gave in and soon Sehun was driving in the direction Jongdae had sent him. Zitao eyed the elder male curiously. He kind of wanted to know what Jongdae’s family was like. Especially his brother. And…he probably would have to walk Jongdae up too.

“Tao-ah…” Jongdae’s voice shook him out if his thoughts.

“Hmm?” Zitao looked over at the shorter. “What’s up?”

“Thanks…”

“For what?” Zitao tilted his head, eyeing Jongdae again.

“For letting me come with you to your martial arts practice.” Jongdae smiled. “Even though I didn’t see it, Sehun-ah helped me understand what was going on. And thanks for letting me stay over, too. Basically, thanks for everything you’ve done the past two days.”

Zitao smiled as well. “You’re very welcome, hyung.”

“You’ll walk me to my door…right?” Jongdae asked curiously.

“What am I, your boyfriend?” Zitao said teasingly.

“That—that’s not what I meant…” Jongdae stammered.

Zitao chuckled. “I was just kidding. Of course I’ll walk you. I don’t have much of a choice though, do I?”

“R-right…” Jongdae mumbled.

“Hmm?” Zitao looked at Jongdae. “Why are you blushing?”

Jongdae’s hands when to cover his cheeks. “I—I’m not…”

Zitao laughed. “How is it you’re older than me?”

“W-what do you mean…?” Jongdae asked.

“You’re older than me. Yet you’ve been acting cuter.” Zitao said.

The moment the car stopped, Jongdae jumped up and fumbled to find his seatbelt. “O-oh look…Sehun-ah stopped. Are we here?”

Sehun looked back at the two. “Yeah. We’re here. Zitao-hyung, you can take the honors of walking him.”

Zitao nodded and helped Jongdae get his seatbelt (because he was still struggling), then took his seatbelt off too. He got out of the car and went around to the other side to help Jongdae out. Jongdae seemed to have completely forgotten about his nervousness or whatever it was causing him to blush and be so cute, because he smiled brightly and accepted Zitao’s help.

Zitao walked Jongdae up his walk way and knocked on the door for him. He turned to Jongdae. “Should I leave before someone answers?”

“If it’s my brother you should be fine…” Jongdae said. “But…I guess if you have to.”

Zitao was about to turn when Jongdae hugged him tightly. Zitao bit his lip, but smiled slightly and hugged Jongdae back. This seemed too natural now; Jongdae hugging him. Though Zitao still couldn’t figure out how the older could find him so easily.

Jongdae pulled away quickly. “Sorry. I’m being clingy again. But…I’d like to say thanks again. You’ve really done a lot for me these past days. And I’m really grateful that we met.”

Zitao blushed slightly. “It’s no problem…really. I’ll…see you later then?”

Jongdae nodded and moved to try to knock again. But Zitao did it for him, and then left with a smile. He ran towards Sehun’s car and sat in it, watching as the door opened. When whoever had opened the door wasn’t paying attention, Jongdae waved aimlessly, yet somehow managed to wave in the direction of the car. Then he walked in, careful not to run into the doorframe or door itself. 


Word count: 1626

A/N: Jeez it's hard to believe there are already eight chapters of this fic. 

By the way, this is half of a spoiler, but I do plan on finding a way to get Chen's vision back. You'll just have to find out how c; (I already have a couple ideas...)

On a totally different not that's TOTALLY not related to this fic; Give me a member. Any member of EXO. Don't ask why. Just answer. (Just...don't say Baekhyun, or Chanyeol. DON'T ASK WHY. Don't question mee.)

Anyways. Enjoy and stuff. Comment if you'd like. And all that jazz.

Bye my lovely readers~ ^^