Fifteen

Blindly in Love

Chapter 15

Instead of saying or doing something smart Zitao just stared at the visually impaired male, opening in closing his mouth like a fish out of water. “I—I…y-you…but…I…”

His face red, Jongdae stammered out, “I-I’m sorry…w-was that too soon…?”

“N-no…” Zitao managed. “I-it’s cool…I just—”

Jongdae put his head down. “Y-you don’t need to reply…if you don’t want to… I—I’m just being selfish…”

Zitao felt bad hearing that. He sighed and stood up from the picnic table and moved around the table to hug Jongdae from behind. Jongdae seemed surprised at first; he probably didn’t hear Zitao get up. He relaxed though.

“Don’t say that, Jongdae-hyung…” he whispered. “It’ll make me feel bad… You’re in no way selfish. I think I’m more selfish than you.”

Jongdae shook his head. “Y-you’re not selfish, Tao-yah… I’ve never met anyone more benevolent than you. Well, besides my brother.”

Zitao smiled. “Before I respond to your confession, I have something I want to tell you. Trust me, it’s really awesome.”

“More awesome than you…?” Jongdae asked, trying to find where to look to be facing Zitao.

Zitao slid next to Jongdae, not fully letting go of the older. “Well, I am pretty damn awesome. But yes; more awesome than me.”

Jongdae laughed, his head very close to Zitao’s shoulder. “Okay. Go ahead.”

“Believe it or not…” Zitao said. “I think I found a way to get your vision back.”

Jongdae looked over, using Zitao’s voice to find where he was with his eyes wide. “For…for real?”

Zitao smiled. “Yep. I was using my spare time in school to look it up. There’s this guy in China who is known as the ‘Modern Jesus’ with his ability to heal anyone with anything.”

“Oh, my God, I swear, I love you even more now!” Jongdae said without even realizing what he was saying. He covered his mouth, his face turning red.

Zitao chuckled and managed to work up the nerve to move Jongdae’s hand from his mouth and kiss his lips gently. “I love you too, Jongdae-hyung. For…a while.”

“H—how long…?” Jongdae stammered, touching his lips.

Zitao laughed at Jongdae’s reaction to the kiss, but he had to admit, it felt…really good. He didn’t think a kiss could feel so wonderful. If he could just kiss him again… He shook his head, he should be answering Jongdae’s question, not thinking about wanting to kiss him again.

“I…can’t be for sure…” he said. “I want to say the moment I heard you singing the first time. Which was the day before we met. I heard your voice and wanted to find you. But the bell rang before I could. I think I realized it when you confessed to me the first time when you were asleep. After that I had fallen asleep in the living room and had a dream where you could see—you’d gotten your vision back—and as my thank you present, kissed me…”

“So that’s what that dream was…” Jongdae mumbled.

“Yeah…” Zitao said. “When did you start liking me?”

Jongdae bit his lip. “When we first met…I liked the way your voice sounded. And you were so kind to me, even after I told you I was blind. And you even continued hanging around with me when you clearly could have had other things. I guess I finally felt…wanted. And, well, loved.”

A smile formed on Zitao’s lips. “Is that why you were so clingy?”

Jongdae blushed slightly. “I guess you could say that.” He paused. “H-hey…if this ‘Modern Jesus’ can give me vision…can I…do what I did in the dream?”

“I’ll be the first face you see, if you want me to.” Zitao said. “Anything you want when you can see, I’ll do it.”

Jongdae blinked and thought. “Well… I want to be able to see your face, kiss you, hug you, and see you do your martial arts thing. In that specific order.”

Zitao laughed. “If that’s what you want.”

“I also want to see you smile.” Jongdae added.

“Okay, okay.” Zitao ruffled Jongdae’s reddish brown hair. “I’ve got it. I promise you can do all those things if it works.”

Jongdae grinned. “Thank you.” He managed to hug Zitao. “I love you.”

Zitao still had to get used to hearing such a thing coming from Jongdae’s beautiful lips with his angelic voice. Never in his dreams did he think such an angel would say that to him of all people. He smiled and hugged Jongdae back.

“I love you too.” He whispered.

Jongdae seemed to smile and hugged Zitao tighter, nuzzling against Zitao’s chest. Zitao ran his hand through Jongdae’s neat, soft hair lovingly. This hug, by far, felt much better than the other hugs they had shared. Probably because it was a loving embrace, rather than a quick goodbye or hello hug. Zitao wished this moment wouldn’t end; he wished he could stop time.

Unfortunately, the lovely moment was ended when Zitao’s phone went off. Zitao swore he was going to kill whoever interrupted them later. After the third ring, Zitao groaned and reluctantly pulled away from Jongdae. He pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket and pressed talk without even looking at who it was.

“What?” he asked into the phone, annoyance clear in his voice.

“Whoa, look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Yifan’s voice responded. “Joonie asked me to call you. He said you wanted to ask me something.”

“Couldn’t you have waited for later?” Zitao grumbled.

“I’m going to assume I interrupted something.” Yifan commented.

“No kidding…” Zitao mumbled.

“Something good happened?” Yifan questioned. “Tell me.”

Zitao hesitated, glancing at Jongdae. Then sighed, knowing he wouldn’t be able to get out of this conversation if he didn’t say it now. He slipped into Mandarin so Jongdae couldn’t understand. “Jongdae-hyung confessed to me and I was so happy until you called.”

“Well I’m sorry for interrupting your make out session.” Yifan said sarcastically.

“W-we weren’t making out…” Zitao stammered, his face turning red. “We were just hugging…”

“Either way.” Yifan said. “What did you want to ask me?”

“I found out how to get Jongdae-ge’s vision back.” Zitao explained. “The guy is Chinese. But I swear, his name sounds so familiar. I wanted to ask you about it after I got out of school, but I didn’t want to bother you again, so I just called Jongdae-ge instead. I just happened to see Joonmyeon-ge to ask him if he could ask you could call me.”

“So…how will this person get Chenchen’s vision back?” Yifan asked. “If he even had it in the first place.”

“Don’t call him that!” Zitao protested, half jealous. “If anything, I should be calling him that. He’s my boyfriend.”

Yifan’s loud laugh could be heard from Zitao’s phone. “Whatever. Just answer my question.”

“He’s apparently cured plenty of people and their disabilities.” Zitao said. “You have to look it up to believe it though. He’s pretty damn good. I wonder how he does it.”

“Ha, you believe what the internet says?” Yifan scoffed. “He probably had nothing to do with curing the people. He probably just happened to be around the patient or something.”

“Well, either way…he’s our best bet.” Zitao said. “But…he’s currently in China. So…”

“You need to find a way to get to China, don’t you?” Yifan inquired.

“Yes…” Zitao mumbled. “But I’ll tell you more about him later. I just thought I’d tell you I’d found him and that he seemed familiar. I think Jongdae-ge is getting bored. I should probably take him home or something.”

“Have fun~” Yifan said teasingly.

“Screw you.” Zitao said. He hung up the phone, annoyed, and slipped it back into his pocket.

“What was that all about?” Jongdae’s voice brought Zitao out of his annoyed state.

“Yifan-hyung was just being annoying.” Zitao replied with a sigh. He turned to look at the older male. “So. What do you want to do now? Go home? Bug Sehunnie? Do something else?”

Jongdae thought for a second. Then he shrugged. “Anywhere is fine as long as it’s with you.”

Zitao smiled and stood from the picnic bench. “Well, let’s go then. We’ll walk around the streets a bit more.”

Jongdae grinned and reached for Zitao’s hand. Somehow, the older managed to interlock their fingers when Zitao gave Jongdae his hand to help him up. Zitao blushed slightly. Still something he had to get used to. It wasn’t like it was uncomfortable; Zitao just never expected to go out with someone like Jongdae. He was happy, though.

They started walking around, chatting and talking about everything and nothing. Somehow, they ended up standing in front of Zitao’s house. Zitao guessed that was what happened when he just walked around following his nose. They were going to bug Sehun after all.

. . .

Later that night, Zitao was lying on the couch, playing with Candy. He felt really good; spending most of the day with Jongdae had made him incredibly happy. Sehun seemed both happy and disgusted about their relationship, which amused Zitao far too much than it should have. He later kicked Sehun out and Jongdae and Zitao had cuddled on the couch with Candy in between them, because why not?

Zitao was broken from his pleasant recollection of something that had happened only two hours before when Candy suddenly his face. Then he realized his phone was ringing and picked it up. It was Yifan again, probably wanting to ask who this person who could cure anything was.

“Yo.” Zitao said into the phone.

“Don’t do that again.” Yifan commented. “Now, I’m just going to cut to the chase. Who was that ‘Modern Jesus’ you were talking about? I was too la—busy to look it up myself.”

“You were about to say lazy.” Zitao noticed. “You lazy . Don’t you have a job?”

“Dude, my job is being an artist.” Yifan said matter-of-factly. “I can do whatever I want whenever I want no matter what. Who’s that dude you were talking about? Tell me. You said his name sounds familiar. If it sounds familiar to you, it’ll most likely be familiar to me too.”

“That’s why I wanted to tell you about it.” Zitao said. “And since when can you draw?”

“Who cares about my damn career choice?” Yifan asked. “I called so I could help you figure out who this guy was because you wanted me to. So tell me before I change my mind!”

Zitao paused to run his hand over Candy, who had been pawing at him to pet her for the past minute. “Okay, okay. Don’t get your knickers in a bunch.”

“I don’t think that’s the right saying…” Yifan commented.

“Shut up.” Zitao said. “Or I won’t tell you his name.”

Yifan went silent. Candy had somehow climbed up Zitao and was now his ear, distracting the man, and almost causing him to lose his train of thought. Zitao quickly moved the small, white dog and scolded her lightly for distracting him. Yifan was probably getting impatient; Zitao should probably tell him the name of the ‘Modern Jesus’.

“His name is Zhang Yixing.” Zitao finally said after another second.


Word count: 1847

A/N: I swear to God, the paragraphs are longer than they look on here. Omfg.

Much cute

Very fluff

So Kawaii/Kyeopta

Wow.

Idk what this was. But hey, the beginning is cute. c:

Also yaay super speedy updates! (kinda)

So, now Yixing is into play! The people who guessed him are really smart. He is the Modern Jesus. Lol.

Please feel free to comment! They make me really happy. <33 Subscribing is fun to. c: And upvoting 'cause why not?