Two

Blindly in Love

Chapter 2

A lot of Zitao’s friends were confused about why he was so happy. But Zitao felt like he needed to protect Jongdae’s identity for some reason, so he just said nothing. Most of his friends probably thought Chanyeol conned him into taking drugs or something, which was an amusing thought. The only thing on Zitao’s mind throughout the day though, was Jongdae. Maybe Zitao was crazy for it. And he’s never been in love, so he probably wouldn’t know anyways after only 10 or so minutes of talking…maybe he should ask someone about it. Maybe later though.

“Seriously Tao-hyung.” Sehun, Zitao’s best friend, complained as they walked home together. “You’ve been in your own world since this morning. What’s got you so happy?”

Zitao shrugged. “Can’t I be happy?”

“The only time you’re happy is when you successfully complete a rap or a martial arts routine.” Sehun said. “And that only lasts an hour or two, not seven or eight.”

“Something good happened, that’s all.” Zitao said nonchalantly, not saying anything more.

“C’mon, hyung! I’m your best friend.” Sehun whined. “Why won’t you tell me?”

“Because I can’t.” Zitao said.

“Why not?” Sehun questioned.

“He needs to be protected.” Zitao said, realizing his stupid move too late and covering his mouth.

He?” Sehun stared at his friend. “Who?”

“I can’t say.” Zitao replied. “It’s a secret.”

“You’re not a very good friend…” Sehun grumbled.

“You know I love you~” Zitao said, nudging the other.

“Bull.” Sehun said, pouting. “You won’t even tell your own best friend who you met this morning.”

“It’s for his own protection.” Zitao said seriously.

“I swear to god if it’s Chanyeol-hyung or Baekhyun-hyung, you’re so dead.” Sehun said.

“Oh shut up.” Zitao pushed Sehun lightly. “You know I wouldn’t do drugs. Plus Baekhyun only ends up high because Chanyeol spikes his food and drinks because he’s Chanyeol.”

They stopped at the point where they went separate ways. Sehun pushed Zitao back. “You’re still not a very good friend.”

“Don’t let anyone else know that.” Zitao joked. He laughed and waved. “See you tomorrow.”

Sehun waved back and walked in the opposite direction of Zitao. Zitao sighed in amusement. “I’ll also be seeing Jongdae tomorrow.” He grinned and walked in the direction of his house.

 

The next morning, Zitao woke up feeling better than ever for no particular reason besides getting to see Jongdae again. He didn’t even know why he was so obsessed with Jongdae. Maybe it was because he was different. Or just because he was talented. Regardless, he really wanted to become friends with Jongdae.

He got out of bed and put on his uniform before going into the bathroom and examining his blonde hair. He brushed it quickly so it wasn’t as messy and did the rest of his bathroom related things, then went to his kitchen to find something to eat. He subconsciously wondered if Jongdae ate breakfast, but shook the thought away and nibbled at his food.

He left his house a little after finishing his breakfast and jogged to school feeling just as good as he had the day before. It was nice meeting new people. Even if he wasn’t exactly a people person, he was sure he could become one for Jongdae. Or Jongdae would just do everything since he seemed like he was an outgoing person despite not being able to see anything.

Zitao entered the large school and went straight towards the room he had been the day before. He greeted a few teachers and students who also came early, but his mindset was listening to Jongdae’s voice and getting to talk to the visually disabled male. Because what other chance would he get to befriending an angel-like blind person who is incredibly nice and doesn’t think much of his blindness as a problem.

Zitao stopped in front of the room he was in the day before and listened to see if Jongdae was singing or just waiting for him to come in. He heard soft humming coming from the room, so he assumed Jongdae was doing both at the same time. Zitao put his hand on the door handle and turned it, opening the door.

He would have announced his presence, but apparently didn’t need to because upon hearing the door open, Jongdae ran towards Zitao with surprising accuracy and hugged him. Surprised, Zitao just stood still. Jongdae pulled away and looked down, laughing nervously.

“Sorry.” He said quietly. “I just…never have a chance to hug anyone. And you’re so nice for talking to me even after knowing I was blind…”

Zitao chuckled and patted Jongdae’s head. “It’s fine. You just caught me off guard. Anyways, how are you?”

“I’m alright.” Jongdae said. “But a little bit better now that I don’t have someone yelling at me or something.”

“Well…” Zitao started. “If you ever want a break from your parents, meet me after school in the same room. I’ll let you stay over for a bit.”

“Really?” Jongdae asked, blinking his blank eyes in surprise.

“Why not?” Zitao replied. “I live alone anyways.”

Jongdae beamed. “Thank you, Zitao-shii! Will…today be okay?”

“I don’t see why not.” Zitao responded. “But I’ll have to blow off my friend.”

“Oh…sorry.” Jongdae looked down.

“I’m sure he won’t care.” Zitao reassured. “I’ll explain to him in class.”

Jongdae found a way to hug Zitao again. Zitao laughed and patted Jongdae’s head. “You’re very clingy, aren’t you?”

Jongdae pulled away quickly. “Sorry…sorry.” He bowed quickly. “Do you…not like clingy people?”

“No, no.” Zitao responded, smiling even though Jongdae wouldn’t be able to see it. “Clingy is cute.”

Jongdae looked like he was going to say something, but the school bell rang, interrupting him. Zitao bit his lip and looked at the clock above the door of the room. He sighed and ruffled Jongdae’s hair. “Sorry. I wish I could stay longer. Oh. I should probably ask. What year were you born? It’d be rude if I didn’t call you something if you were older than me.”

“1992. September 21.” Jongdae responded. “You?”

“You’re older.” Zitao said. “May 2rd, 1993. Anyways. See you after school, Chen-hyung.”

Jongdae smiled. “Bye, Tao-ah.”

With that, Zitao left the room and walked to his first class, already knowing he’d be a bit late. But hey, it was worth it. He didn’t even care that he had to ditch Sehun after school. Even though he knew the latter would get pissed. Somehow, he felt a cute, nice disabled person should be more important than an annoying, nosey, blonde best friend who totally stole Zitao’s hairstyle. And he probably would’ve told Sehun that if the copy-cat wasn’t one of the only people he could actually talk to and bug.

Definitely late. Zitao was so going to get a talking to by both the teacher and Sehun. He walked into his class and avoided the people looking at him, apologizing professedly to the teacher saying he got caught up studying for something. The teacher let him go. Now all he had to do was talk to Sehun about after school.


Word count: 1185

A/N: So after reading a taochen fanfic, I felt the urge to finish this chapter up. Pretty boring but you got some kyeopta clingy Chen in there. I tried to do humor. But failed. How do humor? Lame ending. I never know how to end things. Nosey Sehun because I can. Yeah. 

Maybe next chapter next week or some shizz. 

But on a serious note, thanks for reading thing and all that. Comments are very much loved, but if you're too afraid/lazy to comment (like me), subscribing is awesome too! Thanks again, I love you all for dealing with all the fluffy Taochen that comes out of me when I look up too much Taochen stuff on tumblr.