26.5 (Xiulay Bonus)

Blindly in Love

Chapter 26.5

Yixing figured Minseok would’ve have went too far. If anything, he was just pacing around outside the building. He sighed and rubbed his head. Did Minseok really like him? Of course, he wanted to trust his friends, since they were both in seemingly steady relationships...but Minseok had previously mentioned having a crush on Jongdae.

“Maybe I should just call him.” Yixing muttered to himself. “Or something...”

He looked around again. Minseok wouldn’t have gone to his apartment, would he? He walked around the block once more, just in case he missed something. He frowned and stopped, sitting down on the curb, pulling out his phone, ready to text Minseok. Just as he was about to tap on Minseok’s name, he heard a familiar voice.

“What, did you get lost again in front of your own place?”

Yixing looked up to see the exact person he was looking for. “Min-ge? What are you doing here? I thought you were mad at me...”

Minseok laughed. “I don’t think I could stay mad at you, Yixing. You’re too nice.”

Yixing smiled slightly. “I’m glad. That you’re not mad, I mean.”

“Be honest, you’re glad I couldn’t stay mad at you, too, aren’t you?” Minseok joked, sitting next to the Chinese male. “Did you come to look for me? Or just for air? Were Jongdae and his boyfriend being too cheesy?” 

Yixing laughed quietly. He hit the older lightly. “I was worried. I really thought you were mad at me. Even though I just asked if you wanted help.”

Minseok tilted his head. “I’d be pretty stupid to get mad at you for that. I just needed to get some air. Sorry. Did I hurt your feelings? I didn’t mean to come off as rude. It’s just how it came out.”

Yixing shook his head. “I was just a bit concerned. Still...you did this exact thing when I first asked you to be my secretary. Remember?”

Minseok hummed. “I tripped over my own feet because I was too...distracted.” He laughed a little awkwardly. “You barely caught me and ended up burning my hand on a candle flame.”

“Yet when I asked if you wanted me to help you, you ended up running off.” Yixing flipped his hair out of his face. “Hey...Zitao brought up a good point after you left...and I just thought about it now...”

“And what was that?” Minseok asked, looking at Yixing.

“Well...” Yixing bit his lip nervously. “Lets just say it my way. You ran off once and I just took it as you being awkward around me still. But a second time...you can’t still be awkward around me after this long, could you?”

Minseok froze. “What...what are you implying?”

Yixing shrugged. “I guess...Yifan-ge was right about my ignorance towards love. You know...if you have anything to tell me, you can. I may be a bit naive still, but I have been in a relationship before.”

Minseok looked Yixing over curiously. Yixing blinked innocently, waiting for the elder to say something. Or do something, for that matter. He looked at his feet a little awkwardly, suddenly feeling nervous under Minseok’s gaze, which turned from a look over to simple staring, perhaps admiring. Yixing bit his lip.

“Minseok-ge...” he said quietly. “Say something...I need to know if the other guys were right when saying you liked me...” he covered his mouth, realizing what he just said. “S-sorry. I-I didn’t mean to say that!”

Minseok hummed silently and looked down. “I guess I was too obvious... I even tried to relive my crush on Jongdae because I wasn’t sure how, when, or even if I could tell you this...”

Yixing tilted his head. “What?”

Minseok looked back up at the healer. “I don’t know how else to put this...when I first seen you, I thought you were really pretty. That’s why I wanted to get to know you. I don’t know if you’ll accept this confession, but...” he hesitantly moves to take Yixing’s hands. “I like you, I’ve liked you for a while now. You’re like an angel sent from heaven. You helped me with Mandarin, and you’ve saved so many people. You even made me forget my guilt for making Jongdae blind.”

Yixing felt a blush creeping up his neck. He didn’t know what to say. He nodded slowly, biting his lip, glancing down at his hands, which were being held by Minseok. Minseok smiled slightly, squeezing Yixing’s hands gently. Yixing looked at Minseok, his face feeling like it was on fire.

“Take your time, Yixing.” he said. “I waited quite a few years to tell you, I can wait a little more for an answer.”

Yixing nodded again, still speechless. Minseok smiled and leaned over to kiss Minseok’s cheek. “God, you make me feel like I’m in elementary again.”

Yixing laughed, the comment finally helping Yixing’s voice to return to him, despite being slightly embarrassed still. “Well at least you look like you’re in elementary. So it works out fine.”

Minseok frowned. He hit Yixing’s arm lightly. “Hey. I’m older than you!”

Yixing smiled. “You don’t look like it though.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. “You’re so mean, Yixing.”

Yixing laughed and leaned closer to Minseok. “I still haven’t decided how to answer you yet...but lets just sit here for a while. Alone. I’m sure Joonmyeon is keeping Yifan-ge from burning the place down.”

Minseok smiled and slid closer to Yixing, wrapping his arm around the younger gently. “I’m okay with that.”

Yixing smiled too and rested his head on Minseok’s shoulder. It felt familiar, probably because they were used to it. But now...Yixing could feel a bit more warmth emitting from Minseok’s grips. Yixing knew one thing; he felt comfortable. He’d be okay staying like this even if Minseok hadn’t confessed. 

Suddenly, a loud yet not serious sounding explosion could be heard from Yixing’s place behind them. Yixing sighed and glanced behind them. There was smoke coming from the windows, and he could hear yelling and arguing.

“Well, looks like I have to deal with a certain someone who doesn’t know how to work anything that heats up.” he laughs. “Why did I trust Yifan-ge in my place alone? Even if he was with his trustworthy looking boyfriend...”

Minseok chuckled and stood up, offering his hand down to Yixing. “We better clean up after him then...”


Word Count: 1224

A/N: Here's a little Xiulay bonus because I'm sure you're all curious about what happened between them. Also the ending was suggested by a friend jokingly, but I realized Yifan would probably totally accidentally blow something up (no offense ily Kris). Or at least with how he is in this fanfic. xD

Enjoy this thing idk what it is, but I said I'd give a bonus chapter so here it is. c: