Twenty-Four

Blindly in Love

Chapter 24

Today was the day. Everyone was busy preparing for the big moment (well, Yixing was actually just preparing breakfast.) Zitao was staring at himself in the bathroom mirror, like he had been since he had woken up a half an hour ago. Even if the other guys said he looked perfectly fine as is, he continued to fix his appearance to be just right. He didn't want to disappoint Jongdae's expectations of him. He had to look his best.

After another half an hour, Yifan finally grabbed Zitao by the collar and managed to pull him out of the bathroom to eat with everyone else. Yixing had told them all to keep Jongdae asleep so he would be able--as Minseok put it--work his 'magic' on the visually imapaired male, Jongdae was still fast asleep in the 'guest room'. It took a bit out of Zitao to not try and give Jongdae a good morning kiss, though.

"I'd like to say...the process may or may not work." Yixing warned as everyone started eating. "If it doesn't work, I can try a second time, but there won't be a third try. Otherwise, I might damage his eyes for good." he turned to Zitao. "Also, I thought I'd direct this to you; there is one small permanent side effect. Whether it's good or bad depends on the person. If Jongdae gets his vision back...you'll know because his eyes will be...how to put it...? A 'stunning' blue color. I could explain why this happens, but it would be very confusing. I just wanted you to be...aware. Other than that, he'll be perfectly fine."

Zitao nodded. "Okay. I can live with it. If you say it's 'stunning blue', I'm sure that's exactly how Jongdae-ge will look."

Minseok reached over and grabbed a piece of paper from a table near the dining table. He handed it to Zitao. "Here. Yixing had me photoshop picture of Jongdae with blue eyes, just as an example. This is what we think it will look like."

Zitao took the paper from Minseok and looked at the photo on it. When he seen the photo, he felt like he was falling in love with the older male for a second time. Zitao was completely okay with Jongdae having this eye color. He looked...beautiful--stunning. Sure, it was odd for an Asian to have blue eyes. Perhaps even scary...but Jongdae managed to rock the look. He smiled and handed the paper back to Minseok.

"Thank you, Minseok-ge." Zitao said. He turned to Yixing. "Oh, but Xing-ge...how do you plan on doing this while Jongdae-ge sleeps? What if he wakes up?"

"He won't." Yixing stated confidently. "I gave him a sleeping pill before he went to bed. He let me. I think he should be out for another hour or two. Plenty of time for me to do what I need to do. I can't legally use an anesthetic, so I use sleeping pills on patients. It keeps them asleep and they usually say they didn't feel a thing when they wake up."

Zitao nodded in understanding. "I see. That explains why he fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow."

Yixing chuckled nodded. "Yes. Sorry if that kept you two from...doing anything before you fell asleep."

Zitao flushed. "I--I...we haven't even..."

Yixing laughed. "I was just joking."

"But now that we're on this topic..." Yifan said teasingly.

"Yifan-ge. I swear to god, if you say anything about it, I'll disown you as my friend." Zitao threatened. "And if you use you and Joon-ge as an example...I don't even want to hear about it."

Joonmyeon looked between Zitao and Yifan confusedly. Yifan laughed and whispered a rough translation to his boyfriend, who seemed both embarrassed and entertained. He looked at Zitao and smiled, reaching over to pat the younger's hand.

"I'll give you two plenty of time to do that later." Joonmyeon winked.

"Y-yah!" Zitao looked away. "T-that's not fair! W-we'll do it when we're both ready..."

Joonmyeon laughed. "I was teasing. It took Yifan a while too."

Yifan looked at Joonmyeon with slight annoyance. Joonmyeon laughed and patted the taller male's hand. Zitao shook his head. He was friends with a bunch of idiots who enjoyed teasing him far too much than they should be allowed to.

"I'm going to go out for a bit." Zitao said, standing up. "Call me when you Yixing-ge is going to do his thing."

Zitao left the building and walked around the neighbourhood. He couldn't wait to go around with Jongdae when he could actually look around. Maybe he should look for the old martial arts studio he practiced at. If it was still owned by the same old man that taught him for years, he could ask if he could do a show in it for Jongdae. After all, Jongdae did say he wanted to see Zitao's wushu once he actually could see.

Zitao smiled slightly. He looked around and made his way to a place he hadn't been to in a couple years. It surprised him that he even knew where it was still. He looked at the door for their open hours and was pleased to see that it was open. He stepped inside and looked around. The building still looked the same. Then again, what could change that much in two years?

He walked around for a bit, exploring the place as if it was his first time being there. He stopped at a familiar room. The room his teacher Mr. Chan (not Jackie Chan, though he was often called the Jackie Chan of the building) used to…well, teach him in. They'd practiced so much for tournaments.

Zitao stepped inside the room. Mr. Chan's office should have been in the very corner of the room, but Zitao knew he should ask if the old man was still there. He walked around the large room, drowning in memories of being taught everything he knew about wushu and martial arts.

His mind went back to Jongdae. If  Zitao  performed in this room, maybe it could give him good luck and keep him from messing up. That way Jongdae would be able to see his true abilities. He smiled at the thought and turned to ask someone about his old teacher.

 

Not soon after Zitao asked the secretary about Mr. Chan, Yifan called saying that Yixing was starting on Jongdae whether Zitao was there or not. Zitao nodded and quickly made his was back to Yixing’s to be there for at least part of Jongdae's ‘healing.’ He ran probably faster than he ever had before, just in case the process was really quick.

When Zitao arrived back, everyone was in the guest room, observing Jongdae and Yixing. Yixing seemed to be touching Jongdae's eyelids, rubbing something on them gently. Zitao approached silently and crouched next to Minseok. Yixing lifted Jongdae's closed eyes—a fairly creepy sight—and touched his eyes full on, making Zitao cringe and look away.

“Is he sure Jongdae-hyung won't wake up…?” Zitao asked Minseok quietly. “Won't hyung feel Yixing touching his eyes?”

Minseok shrugged. “Let him do his work. If it works, then he's completed yet another feat that most normal doctors haven't been able to do properly. Though Yixing said that if it was because of electrocution, it shouldn't have taken this long for his vision to come back.”

“What does that mean?” Zitao questioned.

“Maybe Jongdae's case isn't like normal cases?” Minseok offered. “Your guess is no better than mine.”

 

Several minutes later, Yixing sat back and rubbed his hands on his pants. He placed a face cloth over Jongdae's eyes and looked at Zitao. Zitao looked back at Yixing anxiously.

“I believe Jongdae said that you guys promised you'd be the first person he sees when he wakes up?” Yixing asked. “Keep an eye on him for me. He'll be happy to see you. Providing he does.”

“He will.” Zitao said firmly.

Yixing smiled slightly and stood up, patting everyone's back to get them up. He waved to Zitao and closed the door once everyone was out of the room. Zitao focused his attention on his sleeping boyfriend. He gently brushed some hair out of Jongdae's face and interlaced their fingers. He draws circles on the back of Jongdae's hand.

“Please…when you wake up, have blue eyes.” Zitao whispered. “That means you'll be able to see…”

The tall Chinese man lay down next to Jongdae. He sighed and gently pressed his lips against Jongdae's. He pulled away quickly and watched Jongdae carefully, praying his small boyfriend would wake up with a new sense.

About an hour later, Zitao heard  a soft moan coming from Jongdae's sleeping body. He propped himself up on his elbows and analyzed Jongdae. He squeezed his hand, half hoping for a response. Zitao kissed Jongdae gently, also to see for a reaction. Jongdae's eye lids fluttered. Zitao held his breath.


Word Count: 1491

A/N: sorry for the lateness of this. I haven't had a very good way to write this, since I lost my Word trial and don't have the money to actually buy Microsoft Word or anything. So I just have a dinky little Word app and the online Microsoft now, so it's harder to write and stuff. 

Soo, finally it's nearing the moment of truth. And yes, there will be more chapters after Jongdae gets his vision back (if he does. huehue). Though idk when i'll stop it. xD. We'll see.