EIGHT

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

EIGHT. The Wrath of The Unexpected


 

Jiyeon was on her way home, as she was busy calling Jieun's number but to no avail. After dialling her number numerous of times, she sighed and texted her to call her. Looking at the phone, she sighed again as there was no reply from her. She placed her phone in her pocket as she wrapped her arms around the big black case containing her sketches. She then widened her eyes upon seeing Myungsoo sitting opposite of her house gate, sitting there with his head looking up at the sky. 

He work a pair of black slacks and a simple black tee, as his guitar case was beside him. Jiyeon stopped as she looked at him, stunned and puzzled. Myungsoo turned his head to face her and stood up from the ground. He then slowly walked towards her with the guitar on her shoulder as Jiyeon stood there motionlessly.

"Hi." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon looked at him for a second, and gulped. Feeling herself getting tensed she nodded her head awkwardly and replied softly, "Hi.."

Myungsoo smiled. "Uhh... I..I-Is it possible for you to have a drink with me? U..Uh, it won't take that long. Just a few minutes of your time." He asked, while his voice was trembling in fear.

Jiyeon nodded her head. They then found themselves a cafe nearby Jiyeon's house where she frequents and they got a seat upstairs of the cafe. Holding on her cup of espresso, Myungsoo drank a sip of his caffe mocha. He then looked at the espresso on Jiyeon's hands and gave a slight smile.

"You never liked espresso before..." Myungsoo commented.

Jiyeon smiled and lowered her head. "Well, people change, and I obviously will change." Jiyeon stated.

"You look better now. You look more stylish." Myungsoo complimented her.

Jiyeon looked at him and smiled briefly. She then hide her head beneath her thick black hair as she thanked him softly. The atmosphere was getting quiet and stiff. Myungsoo sat on his seat nervously, while his fists were tightly clenched and his eyes was looking elsewhere but not at Jiyeon.

Jiyeon too, was well aware of the awkward atmosphere between them. She curled her legs together, as she crossed her arms and slowly sipped her cup of espresso. She cleared , as she took a quick glance at Myungsoo, whom seemed too shy to speak further.

She then mumbled, "So... um, what do you want to talk to me about?" Jiyeon asked.

Myungsoo bit his lips. Stuttered and shook his legs in tense, he then sighed. Mustering all the courage in him, he then said, "Let's be friends. I don't want us to get awkward and all." 

Jiyeon looked at him for a second and nodded her head. "Alright... Friends." She slowly spoke.

"Yes.. Friends." Myungsoo repeated.

Suddenly, Jiyeon's phone rang. She excused herself as she picked up the call. "Yeah Hongbin?" She said.

"You sounded a little weird now." Hongbin said through the call.

"I'll get back to you later at night, I am talking to someone, sorry Hongbin." She said as she ended the conversation. She then looked up at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was looking elsewhere, which seemed to be looking at the shelves of plants behind them, while pretending not to eavesdrop on their phone call. However, Jiyeon saw through him and knew that he knew everything about the phone and she could see a tinge of sadness in him.

"Your.. your boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon nodded her head as she drank the last bit of her espresso. She then took her bag across her shoulders. "I..I.. should get going back now." She said.

Myungsoo stood up. "I..I I I will walk you back?" Myungsoo said.

"Ah, it's fine really." Jiyeon denied.

Myungsoo insisted and said, "Friends?" 

 

Jiyeon sighed and nodded her head. They then walked back to Jiyeon's house. Stopping at the gate entrance, she then turned to face Myungsoo and thanked him. They exchanged their farewells as Jiyeon went back into her home. She removed her platform shoes and went to the living room.

"He's back, huh." The mother cried.

Jiyeon stopped her pace and turned around as the mother was seated on her usual high sofa chair, while a cup of tea lay on her hands as she sternly glared at Jiyeon. Jiyeon then bowed and greeted her mother as usual, with an extra pinch of politeness to her. The mother looked at her in disgust.

"I thought he's in Germany." The mother commented.

Jiyeon shook her head. "He recently moved back to Seoul." Jiyeon replied back briefly.

"Oh really, and perhaps may I ask how do you two meet again?" The mother questioned her, while giving her the dangerous eyes that seemed to throw daggers to her.

Jiyeon started to be tensed up as her voice trembled in fear and replied, "Uh..U..uh.. he came back and he was.. was.. studying in the same University as me, so.. so we just met coincidentally. Out of pure, sheer luck." 

The mother looked at her in a dissatisfied manner. She placed her cup of tea angrily on the table. She then crossed her legs and arms as she warned her, "Stop going out too much with him, you know your father disapproves you with him. He'll hate it and you'll only suffer." 

Jiyeon nodded her head while expressionlessly walked back up to her room, where she tossed her bag angrily on the ground and laid on the bed. Looking up at the night sky on her ceiling, a side of her lips curled up as she could not help but to giggle at the lovely view of the painting. 

She then took out her phone and called Jieun again but she did not reply her call. In fact, she turned off her calls and literally shut herself away from social media and she was practically unreachable through any means. Jiyeon sighed as she removed her socks and tossed it on the ground.

She then took her phone and dialled Hongbin. "Hey hongbin." She said in a dull tone.

"What's the matter?" He asked.

"I met him again. I know I have to tell this to you, because I don't want to hide anything from you." Jiyeon said. She then continued, "He was outside my house and he wanted to have a drink with me, and I agreed. Well, things got really awkward and tensed up around him, and he just wanted us to stay as friends and not to get too awkward with each other around." 

Hongbin remained silent.

Jiyeon then added on, "I kinda agree to what he said, like seriously, I don't want us to be so nervous and tensed up at each other's sight, and it is painful and torturing for each of us. I can admit I sort of can get over him, it's just it worries me because he seemed to not get over me. I hope you understand me." 

Hongbin chuckled. He then replied, "It's okay, it's not like you two were having an affair. It's just you and him wanted to be friends and solve any problems between you two. I'm totally fine with that. And, Jiyeon... thanks for being honest. I reaaally.. really love it and appreciate it. You make me even more deeply in love with you, you know that right, Park Jiyeon?"

Jiyeon smiled at herself. She then replied, "I love you too. And I can't stop staring at the beautiful night sky on my ceiling. It's just so magical." 

"Thanks to the magician. Glad you like that." Hongbin said.

Jiyeon gave him a kiss through the phone as Hongbin returned with another kiss of him through the phone. "See ya." Jiyeon said as Hongbin replied like-wise, as they both hung up on each other's call. 

Jiyeon continued staring at the night sky on her ceiling as she blushed upon thinking about Hongbin.

 

The next morning, Jiyeon went to school earlier than usual. Casually strolling on the pathway to school, she stopped as she bent down and tied her shoelaces of her blue sneakers. She then stood up and saw Myungsoo infront of her. She then looked at him with widened, shocked eyes as she awkwardly greeted him.

"I didn't thought I would get the chance to see you so early in the morning." Myungsoo said.

"Well, yeah I thought of going school earlier today, lest I would run and run to school late again. I guess I need to change some of my bad habits." Jiyeon replied back while forcing a laughter.

"Is it okay for me to walk with you to school?" Myungsoo asked softly.

Jiyeon looked at him in shock and slowly nodded her head. "Yeah, I guess." She said as she scratched the back of her head. They both walked into school and upon reaching the arts school, she stopped as she saw Hongbin standing at the entrance waving his hands at her.

She waved at him back as she turned to Myungsoo. "Umm.. sorry I guess I need to go join him. Sorry about that. You can walk alone right?" She said worriedly.

"Yeah, it's fine. You can go. He's your boyfriend after all." He said but Jiyeon could see he was feeling a little bit of sadness in him. Jiyeon nodded her head and ran to hug Hongbin, afterwards they left together for class.

Myungsoo watched as their backs disappear from his sight. He sighed as he looked at his phone. He received a text message from Jiyeon's mother.

The message read: You're back to Korea. Let's have a chat.

Myungsoo gulped and replied: Now?

The mother replied instantly. It read: Yes, now. I am sure you are free and have no lessons until noon time. I would really appreciate meeting you. See you at the Organo cafe near your university. In fact, I'm here already.

Myungsoo sighed and replied a yes.


 

Hey, here's the update.

PLEASE COMMENT! and SUBSCRIBE!

p.s. changed the font to a bigger font. Anyway voice your opinions or anything you want me to change (well as long as its reasonable).