THREE

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

THREE. Love in the First Sight


 

Jiyeon and Hongbin were now resting in a cafe, sitting at a table near the window as Jiyeon slowly sipped a cup of espresso. Hongbin held onto his cup of mocha, while looking at Jiyeon in a surprised manner.

"Isn't Espresso bitter?" Hongbin said.

"Yeah, it's bitter, but I kind of like it and already got use to it. Even though espresso is just pure coffee and tastes bitter, but at least it will make me feel less sad every time. Every time I quarreled or had any conflicts in my family, I'd get myself a cup of espresso, drown myself out of the sadness I have in me." Jiyeon explained, while looking down at her black cup of black espresso.

Hongbin looked at her worriedly. "Are you alright?" Hongbin asked her.

Jiyeon forced a smile as she nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. I see myself always nagging and whining about my family to you, I feel kinda bad for you having to listen to all my struggles in my family and how my family is so cruel and horrible. You must be tired of hearing that." Jiyeon said.

"No, I am not. It's really interesting, and like I said earlier, I can always lend a ear if you need it, so don't worry about me. I'm totally fine about it." Hongbin replied back as Jiyeon nodded her head and smiled.

"You are so nice to me, it's weird although we just met for a few days only." Jiyeon said. "Do you have something in motive?" Jiyeon asked further.

"What?! No.. n.n.n.o...n--nonoo! I am totally sincere." Hongbin exclaimed as he held her hands tightly.

Jiyeon widened her eyes and looked at his hands, as she could feel her heart beating slowly. Her ears turned red as she took a look at Hongbin who had his eyes widely opened, looking at her. Realizing the situation, Hongbin hurriedly retreated her hands away. He started blushing, as his cheeks turned burning red while he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

Jiyeon turned her eyes away, while her lips curved as she cupped to hide the smile in her lips. She then took another sip of her espresso, while Hongbin awkwardly drank his mocha. 

"Well.. It's already 11. We should get going." Hongbin said.

Jiyeon nodded her head as both of them left the cafe and took the subway back. Jiyeon and Hongbin were walking back to Jiyeon's home, despite Jiyeon's numerous attempts to reject his kind intention. Hongbin was persistent as he insists on following Jiyeon back home. They remained silent throughout, while Hongbin would occasionally look at her.

They stopped at the door step of Jiyeon's house. Jiyeon turned around to him and bowed slightly. "Thanks for sending me back home, you shouldn't really have sent me, I could walk home myself." Jiyeon said.

Hongbin shook his head and said, "Well, it's already near midnight. It wouldn't be safe to let a girl like you to go around the street alone. Besides, I am no rush to get back home. Tomorrow's a sunday." 

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Thanks anyway, good night." Jiyeon muttered as she waved goodbye at him. She turned to the gate and heard Hongbin called out from the back.

"Hey jiyeon, can we meet on Monday morning to go school together?" Hongbin asked.

Jiyeon looked at him puzzled. "I start school at 9a.m. on Monday though. Isn't that too early for you? It takes 40 minutes to go school, so you need to get up pretty early." Jiyeon said.

"I'm okay. I'll be here at 8." Hongbin replied.

Jiyeon looked at him surprised. She then slowly nod her head. "Alright, see you on Monday." Hongbin said as they exchanged their farewells and Jiyeon went back into the house

 

Jiyeon stepped into the living room, removed her shoes and stepped into the wooden paneling. The mother and father was on the couch, the father was reading his book while the mother was touching her older brother Jin's hands, while talking to him gently. Jiyeon greeted them all. The father gave no response, while the mother greeted her back, while attending back to her brother. 

Jiyeon was about to head upstairs before the mother called out on her and asked her to take a seat on the couch. She abided by her demands and took a seat beside Jin. 

"So, Jin was telling us.. He's getting married." The mother said.

Jiyeon put on a straight face as she forced a brief smile, "Congratulations oppa." Jiyeon muttered softly.

The brother thanked him softly while the mother looked at Jiyeon sternly. "Yah, where are your manners?" The mother said.

"I'm going up." Jiyeon said despite the cries from the mother, who was shouting her name profusely.

Jiyeon closed the door shut as she threw her bag on the bed while she sat down on the bed. She heaved a sigh. Suddenly, she heard knocks on the door. She looked at the door, and heard Jin's voice. Jin opened the door slightly and went inside the room. 

"Are you okay, Jiyeon-ah?" Jin asked.

Jiyeon looked at him and nodded her head. Jin sighed and took a seat beside her. "Did someone piss you off? Mother or father?" He asked.

"I'm just tired. I'm just so over them." Jiyeon stated. "I want more freedom, and they just practically stick their in everything I do. They always want control over everything about me. I know they meant well for me, but they are practically doing that also to make themselves look good and look more representable to the relatives and the people out there. I really don't like their authoritative nature." Jiyeon explained further.

Jin nodded his head. "Well, I was like you too. Mother and father is very strict, in fact I do get stressed over them, and I do get depressed over the sight of home. I would always hang out till late so that I need not go home for a long period of time and all. I always ignore them, you should too." Jin persuaded her.

Jiyeon smiled and said, "That's what I do nowsadays, and I did it just now." Jiyeon said.

"Just bear with them alright? Do it for oppa." Jin said.

Jiyeon nodded her head and replied, "Alright, I'll listen to you. Anyway, who's your fiance?" 

Jin blushed as he then stuttered in reply, "Oh, you'll see her soon." 

"Is she pretty? What's her name?" Jiyeon asked.

"She's Hyomin, and she's just gorgeous and all. Anyway, she's cute and I am certain you'll like her too." Jin answered.

"That's great! Now I really want to meet her and talk to her." Jiyeon exclaimed as Jin ruffled her hair.

"Don't think too much alright. Good night." Jin said before leaving the room.

Jiyeon laid her body on the bed, as she looked up at the white ceiling. She then slowly shut her eyes and wandered into sleep.

 

Sunday passed by normally, with Jiyeon staying at home finishing up her school work and surfing the internet, and reading fashion magazines to pass time. It was now Monday and Jiyeon was outside her home, walking to school. She wore a monochrome top, with plaid skirt and a pair of high cut superga sneakers with sport socks. 

Jiyeon plugged the ear pieces into her ears as she was outside the house standing, using her phone. As she used her phone, she felt a tap from behind. She turned around and saw Hongbin's face infront of her.

"Wah, that scared me." Jiyeon exclaimed while removing her ear pieces. "Why are you here?" Jiyeon asked him.

"I thought I told you, we're going school together? Your class starts at 9 right?" Hongbin said.

"You did.... oh wait, oh yeah. Sorry, I must have forgotten about it. How careless am I." Jiyeon apologised.

"Nah, it's okay, it's 8:10 already, we better get going." Hongbin said as Jiyeon nodded her head.

They were now on the subway train. It was the peak hours and the train was crowded. Due to the crowd's pushes and shoves, Hongbin stood right infront of Jiyeon while Jiyeon could not look elsewhere but to stare down all the way out of awkwardness. 

They left the train and as Jiyeon glanced at her clock, her eyes widened in shock. "Ah , it's 8:55 already!" Jiyeon exclaimed. "Ah, I better get going Hongbin-sshi, I'm really late." Jiyeon said as she turned to Hongbin.

"I'll go with you." Hongbin said firmly.

Jiyeon looked at him. Hongbin then grabbed her hand as both of them ran with all their might to the lecture hall. Standing outside the lecture hall, Jiyeon thanked him and went into the lecture hall. Hongbin followed behind. 

"Why are you following me?" Jiyeon whispered as she was in the lecture hall.

"I'm also taking this module, silly." Hongbin whispered back.

Jiyeon looked at him, "Oh, yeah..." Jiyeon muttered to herself.

They took a seat at the front few rows of the seats, while the lecturer continued with her lecture, talking in a monotonous voice throughout the whole entire lesson. Hongbin was listening to the lecturer attentively, however Jiyeon was the exact opposite. 

Instead of listening to the lecturer, Jiyeon was looking at Hongbin's facial details. Looking at his soft brown hair, while his perfectly trimmed eyebrows, his delicate eyes, his lovely nose and lips. Jiyeon could not help but to continue staring at him. Jiyeon could also felt his warmth near him, even though they are seated apart with the bags apart of them.

Lecture ended and Jiyeon started packing her stuff. Hongbin had packed his stuff and he was now staring at her. Jiyeon looked at him nervously, "Why are you looking at me like that... is there something wrong with my face?" Jiyeon asked him.

"Nothing, just staring at your beauty just like what you did during lecture." Hongbin replied back.

Jiyeon blushed. "Oh... y-y-you saw it?" Jiyeon asked.

"Of course, you did it so obvious, but I did not stop you, since it seems like you really like my face." Hongbin .

Jiyeon buried her head in her chest while blushing as she mumbled back in reply, "Ah what are you saying..." 

"You like me?" Hongbin suddenly asked.

Jiyeon looked at him quietly, still hesitating to reply. "Because I know the first impression of you I have is that you're pretty and a good person. I kind of fall in love with the first sight of you." Hongbin suddenly confessed.

Jiyeon could felt her cheeks burning red again, her ears burned red too. "I..I think so too." Jiyeon stuttered and replied.

"Hm?" Hongbin asked again, while furrowing his eyebrows.

"I think I also like you." Jiyeon said shyly.

Hongbin smiled and pulled her in for a hug. "So we can try it out?" Hongbin asked.

"Yeah, oppa." Jiyeon said.

The word "oppa" made Hongbin's heart race and he could not help but to smile upon hearing it coming out from Jiyeon's mouth. "I love you. Park Jiyeon." Hongbin whispered into her ears as Jiyeon giggled in reply.

 

Jiyeon and Hongbin parted their ways after lunch. Hongbin went for his practical lesson, while Jiyeon was alone wandering around the school central park. She sat on a bench while she thought of what happened earlier in lecture today. She thought of his proposal, his quite smile and his lovely dimples. She smiled again and again until she heard the strumming of the guitar. 

She stood up and looked around, searching for the source of the guitar sounds. She then saw a man sitting on the bench on her left, far away, strumming his guitar and tapping his feet on the ground to the beat of the music. She then looked closer.

She widened her eyes. "Myungie.." She muttered to herself while she froze on the spot. 

She picked up her pace as she ran towards him, but the man stood up, and packed his guitar and walked away. Jiyeon stopped on the spot before she shouted, "Myungsoo!"

The man stopped at his spot. He then continued walking further, and faster away from her. 

Jiyeon called out his name again but the man soon walked away and disappeared out of her sight. Is he Myungsoo? If so, why is he avoiding her or walking away from her. She was certain he had heard his name called out by her. 

Why is he back? Did he came back from Germany? Why didn't he call or find her?


 

Here's the third chapter! COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please.

I have yet to decide if the ending is HongbinxJiyeon or Myungyeon, so yeah, but there will be moments of both of them, so look forward to it!