FOUR

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

FOUR. Him


 

I went back to class as usual. With IU around in the practical class, she was busy thinking about Myungsoo. Did she really saw him, or is that just somebody that resembled him, kind of like a doppelganger. IU then nudged her. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"I think I might have saw Myungsoo just now." Jiyeon said.

IU widened her eyes as she turned to face Jiyeon. Holding her tightly on her shoulders, she then shook her and asked, "Really? Where did you see him?" 

"Well, I saw him at the school park. However, I called him but he did not respond and just continued walking away." Jiyeon explained.

"Then, probably you might have recognised the wrong person. It happens." IU answered.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Maybe you're right.." Jiyeon muttered to herself while her eyes returned back to the piece of sketch infront of her. She picked up her pencil and continued on with the sketches.

Class ended and Jiyeon left the classroom to see Hongbin waiting for her beside the door. She then went over towards him and Hongbin wrapped his arms around her. "How's school?" Hongbin whispered into her ears.

"It was fine, just like that. Nothing big happened." Jiyeon replied back that gave a sense of relief to Hongbin.

"Where would you like to go today? I know you have no more lessons for the day already." Hongbin asked.

"How do you know that?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

Hongbin smiled and replied, "Maybe I memorised your weekly school timetable." 

Jiyeon gave him a smirk and retorted back, "Well maybe you're just one of my stalkers." 

"Stalker only for you." Hongbin said while giving Jiyeon blushes. Jiyeon pulled away from the hug and smacked his arm, "Stop being so cheesy." She said as Hongbin held her hand as both of them slowly walked into a cafe.

"Some espresso for you~" Hongbin said, carrying a tray of two cups of espresso to the table. 

"Why is there two? What about your drink?" Jiyeon asked.

Hongbin smiled. "I am drinking espresso too." Hongbin stated.

Jiyeon looked at him in a puzzled manner. "I thought you always hated espresso because it's bitter, why are you drinking it? Don't force yourself to like everything I like." Jiyeon said worriedly.

"It's not forcing myself, but I want to feel every bitterness you felt too." Hongbin said, earning some blushes from Jiyeon yet again.

Jiyeon cupped her face as her lips slowly curled into a wide smile. Hongbin winked at her again, and Jiyeon could literally felt her heart beating slower as she could feel a tingling butterfly sensation in her tummy. It was the exact same feeling she had felt with Myungsoo when they were together before.

Hongbin and Jiyeon continued with their chat. Hongbin told her some of the funny happenings in the family, while Jiyeon replied with loud laughters and words of envy for his family. The things they have talked about were numerous, from families, they talked about studies and fashion, and their conversation would head to other aspects of life, like dreaming or picturing their children in the future. Yes, they were ambitious of their relationship.

Jiyeon took another sip of her espresso, while her eyes briefly wandered elsewhere, looking at the cashier, where she suddenly saw the back figure of a man, dressed in black cardigan topped with black shorts and black loafers. She widened her eyes while she diverted her eyes back to Hongbin who was smiling towards her. 

"You alright, Jiyeon? You seemed a little surprised to see me." Hongbin said.

"I'm fine.." Jiyeon said. "It's just I thought I saw somebody I know. It turns out it's not." Jiyeon replied back.

Jiyeon knew that person might not be Myungsoo, but she had this feeling, this special feeling or faith that the person over there was Myungsoo. However, she knew she was now together with Hongbin, and Hongbin was the one that could potentially make her forget Myungsoo as she had huge affection for Hongbin. She then took another sip of the espresso, while her eyes etched to the side of her, but there was no longer anyone at the cashier.

Where did that man go? Or where did Myungsoo went? 

"So, you wanna hangout at the mall?" Hongbin said.

Jiyeon turned her head back at Hongbin and nodded her head. "Sure." Jiyeon responded. That was a close one, but she was sure she is gonna forget about what have happened today. After all, it would be tiring and stressful for her to keep harping and thinking about it despite being in a relationship with Hongbin. 

 

Jiyeon and Hongbin stopped at Hongdae, when they went to roam the streets. 

The streets was relatively less crowded and lively on weekdays like this than weekends. Nevertheless, there were endless possibilities and endless wonderful stuff in the streets of Hongdae. From wonderful creations, amazing designs, wall graffiti, designer boutiques and cute cozy indie cafes popping out at every corners of streets, it was surely an amazing place to go for the two art students Jiyeon and Hongbin.

As they ventured to another street, Hongbin suddenly pulled Jiyeon into a shop. The shop was a dress shop, and Jiyeon was not a girl to wear dresses. Her wardrobe does not have more than 5 dresses. Jiyeon despise wearing dress as she was more of a shorts jeans and skirts type of girl. It was strange for a korean girl, but she was certainly unique. 

Hongbin knew that well, but he just wanted her to start wearing dresses, due to his weird love for girls in dresses. He has a weird weak spot for girls and that is for them to be in beautiful dresses. 

"I don't like wearing dresses." Jiyeon complained.

"But I like you in dresses." Hongbin whined. 

"Ah, for one, I don't wear dresses, and secondly my wardrobe doesn't have dresses. Maybe 1 or 2, but I seldom wear them anyway. Why are we still in here then?" Jiyeon said.

"For me please?" Hongbin pleaded while frowning sadly.

Jiyeon sighed in defeat. She nodded her head while Hongbin immediately smiled and his mood was brightened up. He then went to rummage through the racks of dresses while Jiyeon followed beside him, while looking at the shorts and jeans that was on a rack opposite to the rack of dresses. Hongbin picked out a long piece of black maxi dress, as he turned to see Jiyeon looking at the shorts and jeans. Hongbin sighed and pulled Jiyeon to him. 

"You can only look at this. Isn't this nice?" Hongbin exclaimed while holding on the maxi dress.

Jiyeon smiled. "Well, it's pretty cool and something new in me. I'll get it then." Jiyeon said as her hands reached out for the dress.

Hongbin held the dress back. He shook his head, and pointed his fingers to the dressing room. "I need to give and buy you a whole outfit, from this STORE." Hongbin said.

"What? The accessories and shoes I use are always from those vintage flea markets!" Jiyeon whined.

"Not for today." Hongbin insisted.

Jiyeon sulked and abided by Hongbin's orders, as she went to try on the dress. She came out of the fitting room in a brand new makeover, her long legs make her look extremely tall and elegant in the black maxi dress. Jiyeon looked at the dress worriedly while Hongbin smiled and gave her a thumbs up, while Jiyeon looked at her reflection on the mirror.

Indeed, it was something new on her and it looked pretty alright. 

Hongbin then came over with a black hat, wear over it. He place the black fedora hat over her head, while her hair was flowing out of the fedora hat naturally, with her natural curls, she looked gorgeous in this outfit. Hongbin brought a pair of black leathered sandals over, and Jiyeon wore them. Jiyeon was now infront of the mirror, checking herself out.

From black fedora hats, black maxi dress and black leather sandals, she looked fresh. "I kinda like it, surprisingly." Jiyeon said.

"You should really listen to me sometimes, like dresses look good on you. See, you simply look gorgeous and I wanna eat you up." Hongbin said, while Jiyeon giggled and smacked his shoulders.

"Miss, she'd wear all these out, how much for them all?" Hongbin said as he left to pay for all of the clothes.

Jiyeon went over and hesitated. "Yah, I pay for them, let me pay please. I'm your oppa." Hongbin said in dominance.

Jiyeon sighed. "Thanks oppa." Jiyeon said, while blushing as Hongbin pinched her cheeks playfully and smiled.

She then suddenly received a text message from Jin. It read: Mom and dad is out to Busan for the rest of the week. Have fun~

Jiyeon knew what he meant by that. Jiyeon would be free for the rest of this week since the mother and dad would not be around to order and boss her around, and she would get her desired alone time at home, and the freedom she had been yearning for over all these years. 

It was strange though, as her mother and father would always tell them about their trips before they leave, but it seemed like something urgent have cropped out in Busan. "What's wrong?" Hongbin asked as both of them left the store, while Jiyeon was in her new outfit.

"My parents are out of Seoul. Finally, been waiting for such opportunities." Jiyeon stated.

"Really? Why are you so happy about it anyway?" Hongbin asked curiously.

"Because I am always like strangled with them around home. I can have no peace and I can never have any freedom to do whatever I desire." Jiyeon replied back as Hongbin nodded his head.

"So, you wanna head over to my house now? My parents are whipping a feast tonight." Hongbin suggested.

Jiyeon looked at him in delight. "Um, can I?" She asked curiously.

"You're my girlfriend, of course you can." Hongbin stated as he ruffled her hair playfully.

 

It was now evening. Hongbin and Jiyeon got back to Hongbin's apartment in Apgujeong. "Mom, dad I am home~" Hongbin called out.

The parents came out. The parents were in their mid 40s. The mother and father were well-known artists in their twenties, and their home was certainly unique for a small apartment in Apgujeong. The apartment was designed in a modern and minimalistic manner. Walls were hung with squares of paintings which seemed to be done by the family themselves.

Jiyeon smiled in sight as she bowed at the parents and gently introduced herself.

"Oh... Hongbin finally brought over a girl home. It's about time he did!" The mother exclaimed while shooking the hands with Jiyeon. The father exchanged their hand shakes with Jiyeon too, while they listened attentively to Jiyeon's introduction.

"Wow, Hongbin this is a nice girl. She is a fashion designer, she wears well, is pretty, kind, respectful, does not smoke, she's totally the ideal girl." The father praised Hongbin.

"Of course she is, I wouldn't just have a love at the first sight at a girl like her." Hongbin commented back while Jiyeon blushed in response.

"Oh god, look at these young couple. Totally sweet. Reminds me of the good old days." The mother exclaimed while everyone laughed at the mother's comment. 

Hongbin's family was just as lively as she would picture it to be.

They were now at the dining table, seated. The mother and father sat opposite of the couple, as they could not help but to smile and chuckle at each other. There was a wide array of dishes on the table. Despite being a good artist, the family is gifted with natural cooks as the mother whipped up some traditional, house specialty kimchi which was just exceptionally unique and tasty. She then served some fish, tofu, and some seasoned meat. Topped with that was a plate of western-styled french fries. It was totally a wonderful and scrumptous meal.

"So... Jiyeon-ah, you take the same university as our Hongbin?" The mother asked.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Yes, in the same school, that is art school." Jiyeon elaborated.

The mother nodded her head. "So, what do you think about him?" The father asked.

Jiyeon was taken aback by the question. Blushing, she then replied, "He's really cute, and kind of a special person. He's kind of different than the normal guys out there. Not to mention, he's really handsome. You got some good genes in your family, ommo-nim." Jiyeon replied back.

The family bursted in laughter.

"Of course I am handsome. Who couldn't resist such good looks?" Hongbin bragged.

"Yeah, if it weren't for us, he'd probably look worser than he actually is now." The mother teased.

"WHAT?! I'm ugly?" Hongbin yelled.

"Nah, you're not ugly. You're hot, handsome and everything about you makes me go crazy." Jiyeon said, while pinching his cheeks playfully.

"There goes with the sweet talk. Spare us the hell please." The father joked.

The family was certainly great to be with.


OMG SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING OVER THE WEEKENDS.
I WAS JUST SO BUSY.
HERE'S a chapter. :) 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!