SIX

IN. BETWEEN. OF. US.

SIX. Myungsoo and Hongbin


 

Myungsoo was heading out of his music studio room. He wore his bag of guitar across his shoulders while carrying a computer sleeve on his other hand. He then went to the school garden as he always does. It was already 11 at night and Myungsoo always left school late in the night after a whole day of band practice and classes. He always needed the alone time and he could get plentiful of them at night when he is by himself going back home. The ride back home would take 2 hours, as he lived in a place far off the campus. The bus ride is usually relaxing and quiet, creating a perfect atmosphere for Myungsoo to just unwind to process everything in his mind.

Myungsoo heaved a sigh as he looked up at the night sky above. It was filled with stars dispersed across the sky. Myungsoo smiled as the stars reminded him of Jiyeon. He then remembered the moment when he and Jiyeon were in a park during one of their dates and all they did was star-glazing while cuddling with each other on the soft green grass.

He sat on one of the benches and placed his guitar beside him and his laptop beside him. He was about to plug in his earpieces into his ears before he heard Jiyeon's voice. His eyes immediately widened upon hearing her giggles. He then looked to the left, and then to the right, while his heart was desperately wanting to see her. He then stood up from his seat, and his eyes wandered around aimlessly.

He then spotted her, sitting a few benches away, and behind his bench. His lips curled as he smiled upon seeing her, but he widened his eyes further upon seeing her sitting together beside a guy. Myungsoo squinted his eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of the guy's face, but he could not see his face well but just his back profile. 

He then saw Jiyeon lying on the guy's shoulders, while Jiyeon was whispering and the guy kept her hair gently. Myungsoo frowned as he immediately took his guitar bag and his laptop and hurriedly walked away to the bus stop.

Meanwhile, Jiyeon was resting on Hongbin's shoulders as both of them looked up at the sky. 

"Isn't it beautiful out there. Surprisingly, there are so many stars tonight. It makes it look so damn amazing." Hongbin said,

Jiyeon nodded her head. Looking at the stars in the sky reminded her of Myungsoo as flashbacks of the past came rushing to her mind as she recalled about him and her starglazing at the park as they would cuddle up with each other's warm hugs. Hongbin then pecked her forehead as Jiyeon looked up at him and smiled. She then looked back up at the night sky.

"Let's go." Jiyeon said as she pulled herself up and grabbed her bag.

Hongbin abided by her and picked up his bag as he swung his arm around Jiyeon's waist as Jiyeon and Hongbin went to the bus stop. As they reached the bus stop. The bus stop was filled with empty seats. Hongbin and Jiyeon went over to take a seat at one of the empty benches. Jiyeon then looked around the bus stop, as her eyes widened to see Myungsoo on the bench beside them using his phone. 

She immediately turned her head away and faced Hongbin while Hongbin was chatting to her softly. Jiyeon did not want to reply or say anything as her voice would caught Myungsoo's attention. 

"Jiyeon, anything wrong?" Hongbin suddenly asked.

Jiyeon gasped in shock as she shook her head and smiled. "You're just amazingly quiet now. It just took me off guard." Hongbin replied back as Jiyeon giggled in reply.

Myungsoo turned his head around and saw them. He hid his tears away as he turned his head away from them, as he hid his head over his large guitar bag.

The entire bus ride became awkward too, as both of the parties took the same bus. Jiyeon and Hongbin took a seat at the utmost back of the bus, while Myungsoo was seated on a front seat. Jiyeon could see Myungsoo silently looking outside the window as she sighed and could not help but to feel a tinge of sadness in her. Maybe seeing Myungsoo sad and lonely makes her feel uncomfortable. After all, they were once close to each other.

Hongbin had his hands over Jiyeon's shoulders all this while, while Jiyeon enjoyed being in his company and smelling his masculine cologne on him, she could not help but to occasionally notice Myungsoo's movements and whatever he did on the bus. Hongbin, too knew, that there was certainly something troubling on Jiyeon's mind.

Jiyeon's stop came and Jiyeon and Hongbin hopped off the bus. They slowly strolled their way back to Jiyeon's home, since it was Friday and there was no school tomorrow. They were silent as Jiyeon lowered her head as she walked. Hongbin stood beside her, while holding her hand as he looked at Jiyeon worriedly, wondering what could possibly be on her mind. There were endless possibilities but Hongbin felt extra worried over her as she was pretty much occupied throughout the bus ride.

Myungsoo could see from the bus reflection, seeing Hongbin and Jiyeon left the bus. Part of his heart ached in pain as he would felt a tinge of betrayal in him. He felt as if he had no one to be happy for. 

 

"You're totally zoning out today, Park Jiyeon." Hongbin said as they reached Jiyeon's house. 

Jiyeon turned to face him. "Wh-what?" She asked as she cleared .

Hongbin gave her a smirk and pinched his cheeks. "Obviously, you're pre-occupied with something the entire night. Tell me." Hongbin stated.

"You sure you wanna know?" Jiyeon said. She looked at him. He had those serious eyes on. "Okay, don't be angry or sad, alright?" Jiyeon said hesitantly as Hongbin nodded his head.

"Okay, I saw my ex. And he was just sitting beside us just now at the bus stop, and he was still on the bus earlier on as well. The reason why I was kinda silent and all, is that I could not help but to look at him occasionally. I kind of can't get over him knowing he's back." Jiyeon said.

"But everything is getting better with you around, believe me." Jiyeon assured.

"W-W-Wait, you had a boyfriend?" Hongbin asked in shock.

"Yeah. He's name is Myungsoo. He's sort of a music guy and he's studying in this university now. We dated like years ago and broke up 2 years ago approximately. We broke up because he wanted to go Germany to study and we sort of had an arguement and we eventually parted ways. It was quite of a fast and sudden break-up, I wasn't able to forget and get over the breakup until you came into the picture." Jiyeon explained.

She cleared and continued, "I saw him today and a few days back too, and he sort of pretended not to remember me at all and I'm really furious, but I saw him just now and got a little worried and guilty as he seemed really hurt to see us together." 

Hongbin lowered his head. "But don't misunderstand, I love you still." Jiyeon assured.

Hongbin remained silent. His silence made Jiyeon nervous. Jiyeon then said, "oppa.. you don't believe me?" 

Hongbin sighed. "I don't know what to say now. It feels like you still have feelings for him. It just sounds like that." Hongbin replied back.

Jiyeon gasped. "No!! N--No-No! Don't misunderstand it, I really only like you now. It's just that it gets really weird and frustrating to see us being in such awkward, stranger relationship even though we're so close before. I kinda feel bad to him as he'll suffer so much and I also don't want both of us to be awkward and suffer the pain." Jiyeon explained.

Hongbin silently nodded his head. Jiyeon sighed. She could not tolerate Hongbin's silence. She knew Hongbin was uncertain of what to believe in or what to feel about all these stuff she have told him. Jiyeon wanted to prove to Hongbin that she meant what she said. Jiyeon heaved a sigh as she went and hugged him tightly. 

"Please... Please.. J-just trust that I love you a lot." Jiyeon said.

"Even though he's my ex, I still regard him as a friend. Merely a friend. You are just different. We know each other barely 2 weeks and we go out dating. This means we really love each other. Otherwise we wouldn't end up dating so quickly. Oppa.." Jiyeon whispered into his ears.

Hongbin pulled from the hug and kissed her briefly. He then pulled off his lips from hers. "Alright." He said.

Jiyeon smiled and hugged him again, this time as they spun around in their warm hug. 

 

Monday soon came and the weekend went well with Jiyeon going on dates with Hongbin on Saturday and Sunday. Their dates was short and simple, going out for dinner and a movie date, where Hongbin would stay over at Jiyeon's place on Saturday Night. Jiyeon was on her way to the bus stop as she looked at her clock frantically. 

It was already 10 minutes late. She should have woke up earlier and left house earlier. It was also the peak hour and the bus stop was packed with businessmen and businesswomen and young people and students of middle and high schools. She boarded the bus soon after and the bus was crowded. She was standing on the bus as the seats where all occupied by elderly people and other commuters. 

Jiyeon took hold of the railing tightly as the bus droved to her stop in a fast speed. The bus ride was fast, and occasionally the sudden traffics make the bus ride jerked and jerked as Jiyeon's body would sway about by the stopping of the bus and starting of the bus. Jiyeon was using her phone as she was walking on her way to the lecture theatre. She then saw Myungsoo standing at the entrance of her school, with the guitar on his shoulders and his bag on his hands. He was looking around until he saw her.

Jiyeon looked at him with cold eyes as she continued walking. Myungsoo then stopped her by calling her name. "Jiyeon." He muttered softly.

Jiyeon turned and faced him. "What are you talking? Thought you didn't know me?" Jiyeon rudely replied.

"I didn't mean it. I-I- am serious. Sorry" Myungsoo apologised.

Jiyeon looked at him closely. He was pretty much the same, except he looked much more tired than usual. She then said, "Whatever, what do you want, I got lecture to attend to." 

"Jiyeon.. I..I-Is he your boyfriend?" Myungsoo asked.

"Who? Who is the he?" Jiyeon asked back.

"The one on the bus on last friday night, and on the bus stop." Myungsoo clarified.

"Yeah, why do you wanna know about him?" Jiyeon replied.

"When did you all started dating?" Myungsoo asked further.

"Um..." Jiyeon stuttered as she looked at him. His eyes were serious. She sighed, gulped and replied. "Well we just started dating not too long ago. I guess, around 2 weeks?" 

"Congratulations." Myungsoo said in a dull tone.

Jiyeon nodded her head. "Thanks, I better get going." Jiyeon said and turned her head away. 

"Wait!" Myungsoo said as Jiyeon stopped and turned back around. 

"I'm sorry for the break up and leaving you for Germany. I'm truly sorry." Myungsoo apologised.

Jiyeon nodded her head and walked away.

Jiyeon sighed. She did not expected things to turn out this way. All she wanted is to remain on good terms with him after the break-up. However, things have changed and it made them even more awkward with each other. If only things would change, she would hoped she had never broke up with him, but that would mean she would not have met Hongbin.

If only things can be more simpler for Park Jiyeon.


 

Sorry for the lacking updates. Will update as much as I can! 
Sorry for keep yall waiting!

Oh and their comeback is near! Myungsoo's blonde hair is sooooo cool but I prefer him having darker hair colors, so yeah.

COMMENT! and SUBSCRIBE!